9 hours ago, Zaflis said:

You'll need to start a new game if you upgrade, a save made with DD4 isn't compatible. Same i guess for upgrading DCL from 8.5 to 9.

Really? I upgraded to 5 last night and played for a few hours with no problems. I didn't even need to clean my save. And I didn't see anything on the DD page about upgrade problems. But I also didn't have any items on me or any other NPCs (that I know of). Made a backup save though, just in case. 

Updating to DD5 fixed my issues with this mod BTW, thanks! One more question though: does anyone know if this mod plays nice with mods that make stronger spiders, like this? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74430/

I've run into an issue where later in the game I don't get restrained after getting hid by a spit attack.  I've tried waiting for the cocoon minigame to time out and I still don't have any restraints on me.  is the percent chance to be webbed up somehow connected to player level, stats, or skill points?

38 minutes ago, kaldwin said:

I've run into an issue where later in the game I don't get restrained after getting hid by a spit attack.  I've tried waiting for the cocoon minigame to time out and I still don't have any restraints on me.  is the percent chance to be webbed up somehow connected to player level, stats, or skill points?

It's connected to your poison resistance. You have a chance of half your poison resistance to avoid a restraint. I'm not sure if overcapping your resistance to 200% can completely disable it.

6 hours ago, Skitskurr said:

It's connected to your poison resistance. You have a chance of half your poison resistance to avoid a restraint. I'm not sure if overcapping your resistance to 200% can completely disable it.

I've got a few vampire mods, and one of them is adding their own resist poison effect on top of the vanilla one.  add in the snake blood perk, and I've got 250% resistance.  I did some testing by adding and removing those effects via console and can confirm that overcapping to 200% does make you immune to web restraints. Should probably add your own cap so that the avoidance chance added by poison resist is never more that 50%, or calculate the avoidance chance another way.  It's possible to overcap poison resist to 200% using nothing but vanilla abilities.  A vampire (100%) redgaurd, bosmer, and I think argonian (50%) with the snake blood perk (50%) will have a 200% poison resist.  that's not even including resist poison potions, and random equipment with resist poison effects.  I'm pretty sure there's a dragon priest mask that adds a 100% poison resistance

Guest AthenaESIV

I agree with Malyo. Introducing sexual tension to the mod via sex scenes or interacting with other NSFW mods makes this mod much more interesting. For example, hooking into Estrus Chaurus Spider addon and making it wrap the player post sex scene and then having subsequent sex scenes afterwards would be great.

If such an integration is a headache, I would change my suggestion to an easy to implement alternative.

It has a very strong "heroine in peril" vibe to it, and focusing on that in the right ways would make it a must have for my load order.

Got a few suggestions:

1)  To add some additional consequences, add an option that running out of stamina while cocooned gets you stuck in a full set of web restraints.  If sex scene option is enabled, you'd want to add the restraints after the sex scene is over to lessen problems with DD sex animations filters.

2)  Since stamina's going to play a bigger role (especially if you do #1) it might be a good idea to add an MCM option to adjust how much stamina it takes to struggle out of the cocoon.  You could also add an additional option to adjust how strong spider venom is.  If I recall correctly, vanilla spider venom is pretty week (I've had my poison effects modded for so long I forget what vanilla's like).

3)  (more of an FYI) Now that you've added the sex scene option, you're probably going to get patch requests for estrus chaurus spider addon.  If you don't already know, estrus is basically an egg impregnation mod.  chaurus spit attack (and spiders with the addon) triggers an estrus tentacle attack, which has a chance to impregnate you.  The spider addon also adds the option to get impregnated via regular spider sex scenes.  so to make them compatible, all the patch would have to do is make sure your spider spit attack overrides the spider addon spit attack without overriding anything else.  It might already do that simply by loading your mod after estrus   Personally, I don't use estrus, so I can't really verify that for you

On 12/28/2020 at 12:20 AM, AthenaESIV said:

I agree with Malyo. Introducing sexual tension to the mod via sex scenes or interacting with other NSFW mods makes this mod much more interesting. For example, hooking into Estrus Chaurus Spider addon and making it wrap the player post sex scene and then having subsequent sex scenes afterwards would be great.

If such an integration is a headache, I would change my suggestion to an easy to implement alternative.

It has a very strong "heroine in peril" vibe to it, and focusing on that in the right ways would make it a must have for my load order.

Whole heartedly agree with all of these sentiments! Would love to see a full spider DiD scenario!

Are you guys into this or is it wasted effort to go deeper into it? I kinda need some feedback here.

hahaha oh this is a deep rabbit hole my friend  and I don't think it has a bottom but I'm curious how deep this can go.

estrus is a start but there's also Kyne's Blessing  

a previous  similar mod also had you abducted to a spider lair   so it would play out well to be webbed, fail to escape, be assaulted, black out, and wake up in a spider lair 

Guest AthenaESIV
On 12/27/2020 at 8:37 PM, Malyo said:

i'm totaly for a bestiality part in this mod, that can be turn off for those who don't want it (just a feedback for the last update)

@Skitskurr just remember that in involving beastiality it doesn't have to be centered solely on spiders, they could just be the setup for post capture events with bandits, wolves, trolls, goblins, etc... 

Are you guys into this or is it wasted effort to go deeper into it? I kinda need some feedback here.

I literally updated to DD 5 to get the new features. With this ask for feedback, you just made it even more worthwhile. Two things first and foremost:

1. This is in no way a wasted effort.

2. Deeper does not even begin to cover how much this mod could be.

Some folks mentioned the Damsel in Distress vibe: yes. You want to put your finger on that pulse, and keep it humming. I think one of the arachnophobia mod variants did have you being pulled back to a lair as @Ironeater mentioned. But it was hastily implemented. It worked, but it was...pretty annoying. I'd almost argue you want some kind of a quest flow. i.e: some kind of loop progression that allows for people to get into/out of the sequence in as easy or as hard as they set it to be in the MCM.

I'd also say: it's not enough to just tuck someone in a web on the floor. Stick them to a wall, maybe. Or up in an area with a large spider. (Like one of the drop down holes) This might allow you to add health being a concern (from a fall)  to the loop as well. Set the tone. Make people feel like they're actually part of the spider's lair and plan. If you incorporate estrus, or egg laying...this might make it even better. If you want a hardcore mode with a bad ending (togglable in the MCM) failing to escape in a certain amount of time results in you being eaten. Failing to escape after you have eggs in you for a certain amount of time results in you being food for the new spiders hatching. Add a chance for eggs being implanted with each rape, etc.

In going toward all this, I implore you to follow one thing: granular control in the MCM. Make sure people can fine tune their experiences, with a fair amount of ease. Add a preference option for all the features. People will love you for this. Some people will want a quarter, a half, or the full experience. Make sure they can do that. 

Cheers!

EDIT: I probably don't need to say this, but...yes, we need lots of damsel fucking by large spiders. That should be a given. ;)

Some folks mentioned the Damsel in Distress vibe: yes. You want to put your finger on that pulse, and keep it humming. I think one of the arachnophobia mod variants did have you being pulled back to a lair as @Ironeater mentioned. But it was hastily implemented. It worked, but it was...pretty annoying. I'd almost argue you want some kind of a quest flow. i.e: some kind of loop progression that allows for people to get into/out of the sequence in as easy or as hard as they set it to be in the MCM.

OK, so general feedback and ideas, hopefully others can bump if they like the idea.

It is always nice to see new devices in the game, especially with themes. I'd like to see a cobweb collar added personally, especially to integrate with the next idea.

A simple slavery add-in, that allows the spider to "capture" you if your stamina expires, cocoon you "permanently", and drag you off to its cave, where you awake a-la Luke Skywalker style, dangling from the roof, possibly filled with spider eggs depending on the player prefs.

Then you could utilise your struggle function again to get free.

On 12/29/2020 at 10:21 PM, WandererZero said:

Make sure people can fine tune their experiences, with a fair amount of ease.

Took a couple days to ponder this, and playing around with the scene triggering....and while stamina being depleted is a good way to trigger sex, I'd then argue you want a stamina damage multiplier slider. Some folks will absolutely want to trigger the scene on purpose. To that end, they may want to stack the damage multiplier higher, in order to trigger it faster. Short of doing a surrender scene (like Defeat) letting people just ramp up the stamina damage to trigger these scenes is definitely one way to give control to the user.

Edited to say: also, when someone is cocooned, you need to de-aggro the spiders. A lot of folks run things like Defeat, DAYMOYL, etc. Being attacked while cocooned may trigger a bleedout, and move them out of your mod and into an entirely difference scenario.

18 hours ago, Canaduh said:

A simple slavery add-in, that allows the spider to "capture" you

This; and while that's a great idea, I have another which would actually be in the spirit of devious loot/Deviously Enchanted Chests:

Stepping through the webs in places like Bleak Falls Barrow has a percentage chance to ensnare you in the same way Arvel is at the main lair you come to. I am not sure if that would be possible, but if it were...that would add a whole new dimension to any dungeon with spiders in it. Imagine the fear of trying to get through webs, and one randomly grabs you. Poof, you're then dragged off. Traps like that would absolutely give dungeons more depth and feeling.

6 hours ago, WandererZero said:

Stepping through the webs in places like Bleak Falls Barrow has a percentage chance to ensnare you in the same way Arvel is at the main lair you come to. I am not sure if that would be possible

the webs you have to cut through with a weapon.  There's probably a script attached to them that can be overridden.  You could also have different consequences depending of how punishing you want it.  for instance, you could choose one or more of these:

1)  weapon caught in web (disarmed)         

if you don't have a weapon equipped (you're punching the web) your hands get tangled instead

2)  hands go tangled in web (hands/arms are 'locked' in a web restraint)

I feel like this needs a restraint that functions like the bondage paw mittens to be properly punishing.  either that or reskin a pair of rope cuffs,

or better yet, shackles so your hands are 'webbed' together

3)  disturbing the web alerted a spider (spawn X number of spiders of varying sizes)

4)  get completely stuck in the web like Arvel

You might be able to reskin one of kimy's new contraptions for this, or use the the zap animations the original arachnophobia used

The only problem I see with this is what to do if you cut through the web with magic.  If you throw a fireball from across the room, it would be unrealistic for you to get caught in a web.  Maybe using magic prevents you from getting trapped or loosing a weapon in the web, but is more likely to alert a spider.  Or they spawn in greater numbers, because you're a real threat

I did notice a minor issue with this mod, like with every mod that modifies Frostbite Spiders;

The fucky spiders on Solstheim... the non Frostbite ones? With literally every mod that I've had installed that effect Frostbites, being in the same cell as those spiders forces a CTD. I was able to trace it to this mod in this instance, and just want to let you know. I keep this mod active at all times, but I do recommend turning it off if you're headed out to Morrowind, just in case.

This, however, is the best version of Arachnophobia so far. I quite like it.

3 hours ago, AGFeng said:

I'm a bit stupid, so I hope you'll forgive me. 
A few people on earlier patches said this works fine with SSE, is that still the case with newer ones? Is there any conversions that need to be done on my end?

The mod doesn't contain any meshes or textures, so nothing needs to be converted. But I'm not sure how compatible GUI elements are, now that there is a progress bar. Other than that it's just the .esp and a few scripts. I don't have SSE installed atm so I can't test it. I'd say easiest way to find out is to make a backup save and install it and try it. You can spawn a spider by typing "player.placeatme 000999a5" in the console. Then just attack it and walk backwards, so it uses the spit attack and doesn't miss. You'll see if it works.

2 hours ago, Skitskurr said:

I don't have SSE installed atm so I can't test it.

I'm using it in SSE just fine. No conversion was necessary. (No, you do not need to change the type from 43 to 44. That's homeopathy) About the only issue I have encountered is the spider remaining aggro after being cocooned...as I mentioned earlier.

18 hours ago, WandererZero said:

also, when someone is cocooned, you need to de-aggro the spiders. A lot of folks run things like Defeat, DAYMOYL, etc. Being attacked while cocooned may trigger a bleedout, and move them out of your mod and into an entirely difference scenario.

22 minutes ago, Skitskurr said:

It's on my to do list, like all the other requests / suggestions.

Hey, no worries. You're the one volunteering your time mate. There's absolutely no rush. The next version drops when you're ready. I can probably speak for quite a few folks when I say: it's nice to see someone working on the next iteration of the Arachnophobia mod; and your time, effort and work on this is greatly appreciated.

Take your time, we'll be here.

Cheers!

6 minutes ago, Xarius said:

So I read the mod page, but I didn't see this answered:

Is there a grace period between attacks wherein the player can't be cocooned again after struggling free?

Yes. That was already part of the original mod by Princessity, so I didn't explicitly state it.

Very nice idea. I've always hated those frostbite spiders, having them tie you up is verrry nice.

But - I find it annoying that the camera completely freezes once you're encased in a cocoon. How am I supposed to make screenshots?!

Next thing is the idle struggling. As soon as you're bound, some struggle animations take over, with some slight swaying movement. Unfortunately the cocoon doesn't follow the same motions, I had constantly body parts sticking out/ clipping through the webbing.

As you an see in the screen shot, that blueish (magic?) cocoon doesn't cover the bound arms nor the breasts, motion-wise it looks more like a plaster cast than a flexible, sticky cobweb.

Spoiler

ScreenShot_prissy19961.jpg.efbfd839919de4a9a4ff4404fc289389.jpg

Nice beginnings, looking forward to where this leads to!