I know I haven't updated this in a while. The reason for that was that a faulty RAM stick kept killing my OS, resulting in a loss of all the progress I had made over and over again. By the time I got a new PC my motivation was gone. But with the release of DD 5.0 I finally found a reason again to work on this. So here's a small update which hopefully fixes most of the bugs you've encountered. Let me know if there are still issues.

On 7/28/2020 at 3:52 AM, Skitskurr said:

An interesting idea, but not sure how good their shape fits a plug and for a gag it needs to be held in by something and I don't a lot about modelling so not sure how to get that right. I'll keep it in mind, though.
There is not yet any other peril than getting tied up. I got a lot of different ideas, but I can't tell which one might make it into a later version yet.

using the kynesblessing mod (with author's permission) would be a nice touch, and you don't have to reinvent the "wheel" plug so to speak

3 hours ago, kaldwin said:

hey small request.  could you make gags and blindfolds compatible with beast races?  Started playing a khajiit again since BBR is now included in DD 5.0, and I'd really like to play with arachnophobia active for this play through

I will include it in the next version. For now replacing your .esp with this one should do the trick. Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Devious Arachnophobia.esp

I have been playing with a modified version with:

- The web restraints are timed, with time depending on difficulty of the restraint. Blindfold can be removed earliest and body harness latest. You can just wait it out if really need.

- All spiders in Skyrim are made only half their original size. That was simple, actor value override with TES5Edit from skyrim.esm. I really wanted to make them less detectable so that they can actually surprise me, vanilla spiders really don't.

- (optional) Spider's projectile flies much faster. I did this one before spider scaling and now i think it might already be redundant.

Oh it would also be great if player would leave combat when webbed. That you keep getting wrapped repeatedly can also sometimes make conflicting situations where the web won't actually dissipate at all. And if you play without follower, how can you really escape?

What if that only happens when playing without follower? Cast a wide area calm spell or something?

44 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

Oh it would also be great if player would leave combat when webbed. That you keep getting wrapped repeatedly can also sometimes make conflicting situations where the web won't actually dissipate at all. And if you play without follower, how can you really escape?

What if that only happens when playing without follower? Cast a wide area calm spell or something?

That's what was added in my last patch, a calm for the cell while the victim is cocooned and an uncalm either rigth after the cocoon is removed OR after a grace periode to give the victim some time to escape. Works quite well, especially inside dungeons like the excarvation in Markarth.

@Skitskurr Thank you for the update!

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

- The web restraints are timed, with time depending on difficulty of the restraint. Blindfold can be removed earliest and body harness latest. You can just wait it out if really need.

I put a timer on the arm- and legbinders, because those are the only ones which are really restraining. Just forgot to mention it in the patchnotes. (maybe the blindfold could be considered restraining, too, but since I play with the 3rd person mode it's fine for me)

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

- All spiders in Skyrim are made only half their original size. That was simple, actor value override with TES5Edit from skyrim.esm. I really wanted to make them less detectable so that they can actually surprise me, vanilla spiders really don't.

This could be an interesting feature, might put that in an optional .esp, or maybe just add some more to the leveled list. But I don't want to force it on anyone because some might want spiders that large, or even need them that size for some SexLab creature animations.

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

- (optional) Spider's projectile flies much faster. I did this one before spider scaling and now i think it might already be redundant.

This actually is something that I'll most likely build in, because if you're moving they're missing quite a lot, even if they surprise you.

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

To quit combat would require to calm every entity in the cell, because if you just exit combat they'll simply engage again after like half a second. Lastbytescout did that in his patch, but I'm personally not sure about it because that means they also no longer engange with your follower / summons. That's why I made spider attacks reduce the escape meter instead of dealing damage. This makes escaping a little harder, which also is a good feature, because the escape meter made it a lot easier due to the instant response of clicking the right struggle key.
Also a 'permastun' sort of speak is not an issue, because when you get cocooned there is a grace period before you can get cocooned again. That feature was already included in the original version by Princessity.

1 hour ago, izumonoryu said:

So does this still teleport you to a spider lair on capture, and you have to escape?

That must be some other mod i haven't heard of yet?

What this does is cocoon you for some seconds and equip some web DD restraints (sort of ropes).

9 hours ago, T-lam said:

Princessity's mod did that if you didn't escape the web in time.

Actually Kazyns extension of Princessitys mod did that. Princessity herself only did the cocoon and nothing more.

4 hours ago, izumonoryu said:

Can this run side by side with Estrus Spider?

Both mods edit the spiders spit attack. Only the one that's later in load order will take effect. The effects of spider sex should still work, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Just downloaded this mod, love the idea behind it!  Question though: are restraints suppose to stay on after the cocoon wears off? I seem to stay in the cocoon for ~20 seconds and then released, naked but unbound. Turning all of the restraint sliders up to 100 did nothing as well :(

9 hours ago, setokiaba said:

Just downloaded this mod, love the idea behind it!  Question though: are restraints suppose to stay on after the cocoon wears off? I seem to stay in the cocoon for ~20 seconds and then released, naked but unbound. Turning all of the restraint sliders up to 100 did nothing as well :(

Did you disable devices int he MCM? This setting needs to be turned on:
image.png.1d007c5f0e60549f4a2f7cd0991000ac.png

2 hours ago, Skitskurr said:

Did you disable devices int he MCM? This setting needs to be turned on:
image.png.1d007c5f0e60549f4a2f7cd0991000ac.png

Yup, that's turned on. Also have tried with the "overwrite generic devices" (or whatever it's called, I'm on my phone) both on and off. (There's not a lot of options in the MCM so testing almost all of the combinations wasn't bad)

I can get the list of LL mods I use when I get home, if that would help. 

1 hour ago, setokiaba said:

Yup, that's turned on. Also have tried with the "overwrite generic devices" (or whatever it's called, I'm on my phone) both on and off. (There's not a lot of options in the MCM so testing almost all of the combinations wasn't bad)

I can get the list of LL mods I use when I get home, if that would help. 

Are you using DD 5.0 or are you still on 4.x?

Fairly easy, but 5.0 comes with some other (optional) mods integrated and a new game would also be helpful due to the script changes.

Does 5.0 break something here? I'm on it since the early Betas and did not notice anything going wrong with more recent mods. Used Keywords didn't change and the "old" function calls are still in 5.0 for backwards compatibility.

7 hours ago, Zaflis said:

You'll need to start a new game if you upgrade, a save made with DD4 isn't compatible. Same i guess for upgrading DCL from 8.5 to 9.

Are you sure?  The DD5 page doesn't say that a new game is required.  I upgraded from DD 4.3 to 5.0 mid-game and I'm having no trouble at all.  Devices equip and unequip as they should.

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

Are you sure?  The DD5 page doesn't say that a new game is required.  I upgraded from DD 4.3 to 5.0 mid-game and I'm having no trouble at all.  Devices equip and unequip as they should.

There are some pretty significant changes but unfortunately i'm not that knowledgeable to tell more about them. There were some testers in the thread who had pretty bad errors when they just updated from DD4, you might have just been lucky or the problems didn't appear yet. Maybe you weren't wearing devices when you updated or had no NPC's that did. It's possible that Kimy said the following before just so beta testing would have less conflicts but now i'm a bit unsure:

you WILL need to start a new game to use the beta

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/page/131/?tab=comments#comment-3163323

@Zaflis, thank you for that extra information.  I wasn't involved in the beta, so I hadn't seen that.  I'm assuming that "you WILL need to start a new game to use the beta" only applied to the beta, since Kimy didn't state it for the final release (unless that was an oversight).

In my game, my character was wearing a collar and no NPCs were wearing devices when I updated.  That worked without any problems.  From what I've seen of the changes, devices equipped under DD4 should be handled correctly by DD5.  Without question, starting a new game is the safest approach.  But based on what I've seen of the changes, I just don't believe that it's necessary.  As a precaution, I did make a save just before updating, but I haven't needed to go back.  I guess players will have to make their own decisions.