hello and welcome to what is your nontroversy i.e a non controversy as in something only the thin skinned soft boned easily offended would think is a controversy

mine is voice acting because as life time fan of cartoons/anime/experimental animated works i feel it is a very ridiculous thing voice acting has always been about voice range 

just like with roleplay your character doesn't have to look like you at all 

anyway for the sake of argument here is a SHORT list of white\non black characters voiced by black voice actors\actresses check their voice history for more

1. the kingpin (90's spider-man) by roscoe lee browne

2.penny gadget (80's inspector gadget) by cree summer (1st season only)

3.samurai jack by phil lamarr

it's been going both ways for years?

Creed was christian rock band and sounded like Pearl Jam.  I'll never understand it. 

1.  If any 90s band was going on the christian rock band list; it would be Collective Soul.

2.  People who think Creed sound like Pearl Jam need hearing aids.

People whining about these masks.  Like a seat belt, if someone chooses to not use one and wind-up dead; then good riddance, better luck next time.  *shrug*

1. Many Japanese cartoons have had extremely diverse casts right from the beginning (Mobile Suit Gundam being more diverse than even the American cartoons of the time trying specifically to parade around a diverse cast for social credit)even though their being made by Japanese people for Japanese people and never really intended to leave their borders. In the case of Gunsmith Cats, there was a Black female protagonists, Rally Vincent. Young Americans seem to think that their complaints half a world away had any effect on this whatsoever. They are appropriating credit for their pre-existing diversity.

2. People still call Japanese cartoons 'Anime' when 'Anime' is just the neologism that Japanese people thought up for animation regardless of its country of origin when they realized that they didn't have a word for it (as their animation industry started in the 1960s).

19 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

Pineapple, pizza, need I say more.

Yum. ?

Made me sick as a dog last time I ate some.

My nontroversy? Manga tits in Skyrim. Can't get over how many people whine about it. Two assholes kept harassing one person in a screenshot thread awhile back. Your idea of a perfect body is not shared by everyone.

On 7/1/2020 at 3:29 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

My nontroversy? Manga tits in Skyrim. Can't get over how many people whine about it. Two assholes kept harassing one person in a screenshot thread awhile back. Your idea of a perfect body is not shared by everyone.

De gustibus non est disputandum

On 6/29/2020 at 1:00 AM, King of tentacle said:

hello and welcome to what is your nontroversy i.e a non controversy as in something only the thin skinned soft boned easily offended would think is a controversy

mine is voice acting because as life time fan of cartoons/anime/experimental animated works i feel it is a very ridiculous thing voice acting has always been about voice range 

anyway for the sake of argument here is a SHORT list of white\non black characters voiced by black voice actors\actresses check their voice history for more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnodEEnMvC8

(But only the comments)

Because everything is controversial (online) and I'm not sure what you meant in line #2, "voice acting has always been about voice range"

was someone turned down for a voice-acting job because of their vocal range?

I said I loved that song, in a conversation about songs (I guess),and three people looked at me aghast and said it was from a white group. 

*Then* (umpteen years later) they're saying the group (or part of it) was black.

Then they sort of started spouting meaningless rants....

I don't know how nontroversial that is.

multiquote

The non-controversial chili pic above appears to be a standard pic about chili, but

I wonder why the website I just copied it from says it's vegetarian (it's controversial suddenly)

Capture.JPG.d5c56c922ee0931543b67cb2507a031f.JPG

1761182165_vegetarianbeef.JPG.20b49cfa2037fd2ce3e6e877fe56ee83.JPG

http://allchilirecipe.blogspot.com/2014/10/chili-recipe-no-beans-chili-recipe.html

But let's face it, a forum-starter has a POV, another dissents and the dissenter is castigated and called names. 

It's not what forums were meant for, killing time by expressing a wide variety of opinions.

PS

Drain the grease from the beef first, before you add all the other ingredients, that's a POV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhugRD_XngM

On 6/29/2020 at 3:00 AM, King of tentacle said:

You forgot about one of the most famous situations of a black actor voicing a white character:

Spoiler

darthvader-header.jpg

Darth Vader voiced by James Earl Jones.

On 6/29/2020 at 3:00 AM, King of tentacle said:

4 minutes ago, gregathit said:

You forgot about one of the most famous situations of a black actor voicing a white character:

Reveal hidden contents

darthvader-header.jpg

Darth Vader voiced by James Earl Jones.

And also the Shredder from the original TMNT cartoon being voiced by James "Uncle Phil" Avery.

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2020 at 8:29 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

Your idea of a perfect body is not shared by everyone.

Yeah. I personally hate udders and roll my eyes each time I see them, but I wouldn't dare to complain because there are people out there that enjoy them and that's ok.

I bet the kind of guys that like those kind of tits have too much to say about my own tastes, as well. 

Your comment reminded me my nontroversy would be all the hate against fanservice in Xenoblade 2.

If you were complaining about it, you were clearly not part of the target audience for that game and you should stick to whatever you actually like and let be the people that liked it. 

• 1 month later...

The whole voice acting thing has been a non-starter for me...

Race shouldn't have anything to do with it, talent should. Until Hollywood manages to dig out some talking half human/half cat or a talking turtle to do voice-overs for their cartoons whoever talented enough to do the job should do it.

15 minutes ago, nikoli grimm said:

Race shouldn't have anything to do with it, talent should. Until Hollywood manages to dig out some talking half human/half cat or a talking turtle to do voice-overs for their cartoons whoever talented enough to do the job should do it.

While I'd agree it is nonsense, I think we should let Hollywood twist in the wind for a while.  I think they've earned a non-stop anal probe for the next year or so.  ?

On 6/29/2020 at 6:43 PM, vinamael said:

Creed was christian rock band and sounded like Pearl Jam.  I'll never understand it. 

1.  If any 90s band was going on the christian rock band list; it would be Collective Soul.

2.  People who think Creed sound like Pearl Jam need hearing aids.

People whining about these masks.  Like a seat belt, if someone chooses to not use one and wind-up dead; then good riddance, better luck next time.  *shrug*

Collective Soul actually won the Alternative wars, and thus by dint of still being around and having made the most money of any alternative band ever by owning all of their music and royalties and also not being abject hypocrites is the literal opposite of a christian band.

8 hours ago, nikoli grimm said:

You forgot the couple with an actual photographed sex dungeon trying to get Vic Mignona fired for sexual harassment after he refused to fuck Monica Rial

On 6/29/2020 at 2:00 AM, King of tentacle said:

So we make up stupid shit for asswipes to complain about? Okay.

Government... I'm copyrighting this shit. No? Don't care. I'm doing it anyway.

Missing kids. Your wife and or husband stole it. Kids have too little meat for my taste.

Dem- er nevermind.

Cheese!

Crossed

Half-Life 3

Nexus:lol:

Yes these are all fine examples of the greater overarching "nontroversy" that is truly annoying. People just can't mind their own damn business; whether it be food, politics, anime or whatever else. They don't like something and feel that everyone should never be exposed to it again. I could make a fricken list of things I don't like yet I completely understand that I am not the only person on this planet.

I don't like Grape Jelly so no one else should ever have any.

I don't like Honda Motorcycles so no one should ever have one.

And so on and so on these are stupid/silly examples but this is the **it it boils down to, "I don't like it so ban or cancel it".

• 1 month later...

1. That thing...you know the thing. It just is not as good as it used to be and anyone who likes it has no idea that it used to be thus they only like it because they are ignorant or casual fans. There ought to be a law against anyone enjoying it. 

2. That other thing. It was never good. In fact, it was evil incarnate. How could it not be, seeing as how it was made by people who had different beliefs and values that are out of sync with those of the modern day therefore anyone who enjoys it has no place in this modern world. There ought to be a law against the type of person who still enjoys it. Until such a law is passed, they should be blacklisted.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is oversexualized characters/skimpy outfits/bikini armor/huge buff dude heroes/etc - or more specifically the fact that people complain about these things.

I get it, some media shouldn't be sexualized and some stories are told best without any of that stuff.  But when a game gets sexy there are prudes coming out of the woodwork to criticize it.  If regular criticism doesn't work they'll try citing objectification concerns, or explotation, or normalization of unrealistic depictions of bodies being harmful - when in reality they're just jealous prudes who want to punish people who like that kind of thing.

Anything concerning consenting adults and others trying to deem what they should or shouldn't do.

Assisted suicide.

Dueling to the death.

Simping

Polygamy

Seatbelts and helmets

Anything along these lines......

1st off, the situations concern adult choice and interactions which have been consented between them. While some examples provided vary in context, remember - it's about consent. Let the Darwinian laws have more say in the future of mankind because at present - We ARE Devo.

The name Devo comes from the concept of "de-evolution" and the band's related idea that instead of continuing to evolve, mankind had begun to regress, as evidenced by the dysfunction and herd mentality of American society.