16 minutes ago, landess said:

Anything concerning consenting adults and others trying to deem what they should or shouldn't do.

Assisted suicide.

Dueling to the death.

Simping

Polygamy

Seatbelts and helmets

Anything along these lines......

1st off, the situations concern adult choice and interactions which have been consented between them. While some examples provided vary in context, remember - it's about consent. Let the Darwinian laws have more say in the future of mankind because at present - We ARE Devo.

The name Devo comes from the concept of "de-evolution" and the band's related idea that instead of continuing to evolve, mankind had begun to regress, as evidenced by the dysfunction and herd mentality of American society.

YAY.gif.bbbc2d82325a6f61a151ae37e190cb0c.gif

62 miles west of Tokyo, iconic Mount Fuji is one of Japan's three holy mountains, a 12,389-foot volcanic summit visited by religious pilgrims, mountain climbers, and sightseers. The trek is cold and slippery even during the brief summer season, when amenity stations are staffed and available for the benefit of climbers. In the off-season, the stations are closed and mountain conditions are downright hostile and inhospitable. A winter climber needs the proper gear, climbing experience, and a booster pack of common sense.

Tedzu, alas, lacked all three.

Wearing street clothes suitable for a typical October day in Tokyo, and carrying nothing more than a pair of climbing poles, Tedzu fired up his smart phone and proceeded up the Shubashiri trail which, incidentally, most climbers use only for descent. Live-streaming for the Niconico video-sharing platform, he entitles his video "Let's Go to Snowy Mt. Fuji." In hindsight, the title implies that Tedzu considered "Snowy Mt. Fuji" as safe as a ski resort or Christmas tree farm. Viewers began tuning in, following his happy jaunt up the ash-covered trail. Ashes soon turned to snow, and then to deep snow. Tedzu's viewers were now being treated to a litany of complaints about cold numb hands and a bitter lack of hot packs. Those watching might have started to feel a bit badly for Tedzu.

This was a very good time for him to turn back and resume a life (key word) of relative anonymity. A turning point, as it were. But the urge to continue--perhaps motivated by reluctance to disappoint his viewers--encouraged Tedzu to trudge farther into obvious and imminent danger.

Continuing social media commentary as he juggles climbing poles and smart phone in his frostbitten mitts, Tedzu demonstrates a classic case of misplaced priorities when he states that despite numb extremities, he "MUST continue to operate" his livestream. His viewers no doubt notice that the trail has suddenly become narrower, the protective fence has ended, and he is perilously close to the brink. He has now passed the point of no return. There is absolutely nothing his viewers could do except tune out in disbelief, or perhaps place wagers amongst themselves on his odds of returning intact.

"'Oh, this place is slippery, getting dangerous," he belatedly notices, "I'm trying to walk by the rocks, yes, rocks. It's a steep downhill...!" Does his audience hear the reassuring sound of crampons gripping the ice as he continues past the end of the safety fence into uncertain territory? Of course not. He did not bring crampons.

The slope at that point is 30 degrees, as anyone still watching could see. In his continued play-by-play march along an increasingly risky path, Tedzu frequently cautions himself against falling. Some of his viewers might have given a wry chuckle at his sudden realization of what he had gotten himself into. His inappropriate footwear now begins failing him as he trips and stumbles on. More than once, he asks himself whether he is "on the right track." Viewers already know the answer.

Astonishingly close to the summit for an amateur winter hiker, Tedzu at last utters the anticlimactic words, "Wait... I'm slipping!" Experienced Mount Fuji climbers say, "If you start slipping, you have ONE chance at self-arrest before it's too late." Even now, Tedzu might drop his phone and jab his climbing poles into the ground...! But, no. In an instant it becomes apparent that his smart phone is the more intelligent one. Still live-streaming away, Tedzu begins an uncontrolled slide down the rocky snowy slope. Viewers are treated to a spectacle of feet flailing and poles tumbling free. A few seconds later, the phone footage abruptly stops, the final chilling image shows a climbing pole frozen in mid-flight.

His viewers promptly alerted authorities. The 47-year-old's lifeless body was found the next day at an altitude of 9800 feet, 1000 meters away from where he began his fall. But for a little preparedness, the hero was lost. Gloves and crampons, and a sprinkle sense, was all Tedzu needed to create a spectacular livestream on the ascent of Japan's holy mountain, and he might have had another 47 years to relive and enjoy that experience. Watching the video, one can almost feel the "mind-numbing cold" Tedzu describes, but in the end, cold was not the culprit!

Now that CyberPunk2077 is out, I am wondering why no one seems to be making a stink about how there are two option for male genitalia but only one for female genitalia. Are they all full up on Nontroversies to complain about right now or worse still, people no longer have to take anyone else's word about what content in in the game when they can see it for themselves and as a result, they are pre-occupied going over its actual merits and weaknesses.

• 4 weeks later...

Since it's officially 2021, I can finally say that for me 2020 wasn't such a bad year. I got a huge promotion at work, finally moved out from my parents and got an actual house, met the love of my life, became an uncle (because I am NOT have my own kids, I'll gladly spoil my sister's) and I got a brand new car.

And since I'm already an Introvert, social distancing/staying at home has been a godspend for me.

Why is Cat the root word of Catastrophe, catatonic and cataplexy and Dog the root of the word Dogma but Human is the root word for Humane and Human Rights?

It is all a speciesist means of keeping the four-legged down. Why don't we all take the words with cat or dog in them with negative connotations then substitute Human for Cat or Dog in them?

It won't be clunky or madness inducing in the slightest, I swear on a pile of unsold Star Wars universe bibles!

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2021 at 7:41 PM, a_cute_boi said:

Smash isn't a fighting game.

What.

But the fight after is.

Come to think of it the Smash series is probably the second most anger inducing series out there next to Monopoly. Ah Monopoly why are you so violent?

1 hour ago, Darkpig said:

Come to think of it the Smash series is probably the second most anger inducing series out there next to Monopoly. 

Right up there with Risk and Mario Party, honestly.

Wanna end a friendship but do it in such a way that you don't have to feel bad for not speaking to each other anymore? Boom, done deal.

• 4 weeks later...

You would not believe this, but some people get a bit aggrieved when I make busty Skyrim wench waifu mods. Something about thicc, large breasted women seems to trigger these people. Always seems to be the same complaints too, 'oh noes!  her poor back!'. Come on people, think of something more original, I have standards.

4 minutes ago, RaTMan71 said:

You would not believe this, but some people get a bit aggrieved when I make busty Skyrim wench waifu mods. Something about thicc, large breasted women seems to trigger these people. Always seems to be the same complaints too, 'oh noes!  her poor back!'. Come on people, think of something more original, I have standards.

LOL

Personally, I never really saw the appeal in most such mods.  I don't wanna use incorrect terms or anything, so I'll just say any of the various "Ok... that's like.. SO outside reality" shapes.  They just don't appeal to me.

That said, if you enjoy them, I thank you for making the mods.  Mods and options are a good thing.  Fall into that "the more choices, the better" category in my mind.  Then you couple that with "Don't like it, don't install it" mentality, and a sprinkling of "Why the hell does it hurt ME if YOU use mod X, Y, or Z" and you end up where I am.  Taking a glance, thinking "Eh, not for me" and moving the hell on, but not the least bit upset at YOU for making/liking it.

I'm also only taking the opportunity to spell all this out here because I have never once taken the time to bother some mod creator with a "I don't like this" comment.  The ONLY time I've ever left a remotely negative comment about something was when I actually DID like it, but it didn't work, broke my shit, blew up my game, blah blah blah.  So everyone can pretty much consider this my 'canned comment' for any/all mods that just don't appeal to me, and as said, it basically reads, "Not for me, but go you!  Good Job!"  ^_^

On 3/4/2021 at 4:08 PM, Kitty said:

LOL

Personally, I never really saw the appeal in most such mods.  I don't wanna use incorrect terms or anything, so I'll just say any of the various "Ok... that's like.. SO outside reality" shapes.  They just don't appeal to me.

That said, if you enjoy them, I thank you for making the mods.  Mods and options are a good thing.  Fall into that "the more choices, the better" category in my mind.  Then you couple that with "Don't like it, don't install it" mentality, and a sprinkling of "Why the hell does it hurt ME if YOU use mod X, Y, or Z" and you end up where I am.  Taking a glance, thinking "Eh, not for me" and moving the hell on, but not the least bit upset at YOU for making/liking it.

I'm also only taking the opportunity to spell all this out here because I have never once taken the time to bother some mod creator with a "I don't like this" comment.  The ONLY time I've ever left a remotely negative comment about something was when I actually DID like it, but it didn't work, broke my shit, blew up my game, blah blah blah.  So everyone can pretty much consider this my 'canned comment' for any/all mods that just don't appeal to me, and as said, it basically reads, "Not for me, but go you!  Good Job!"  ^_^

Reality can make some really weird shapes so I can see why you put it in quotes. I would have to agree flat is justi- I mean moderate. Moderate is good.?

I'm fine with boobs up to the size of pillows but the moment they turn into bean bag chairs I'm clicking off. Maybe as some point people just look at it the same way as obesity as something unhealthy. People should just see it as it is. One might have large boobs or one might have small boobs or one might be missing a breast because life is weird. In principle I can see the appeal of big boobs. Big milkers make good mamas.

2 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Reality can make some really weird shapes so I can see why you put it in quotes. I would have to agree flat is justi- I mean moderate. Moderate is good.?

I'm fine with boobs up to the size of pillows but the moment they turn into bean bag chairs I'm clicking off. Maybe as some point people just look at it the same way as obesity as something unhealthy. People should just see it as it is. One might have large boobs or one might have small boobs or one might be missing a breast because life is weird. In principle I can see the appeal of big boobs. Big milkers make good mamas.

Indeed.

IRL, I actually try really hard not to care.  I mean, sure, there's all sorts of biological factors at play in each of us -many we're not even consciously aware of which will make X initially attractive to us and Y somewhat repellent.  Not sure we can do a lot to change what our chromosomes and biological makeup yell from the inside.  But I do really try to sort of put that stuff to one side and consider WHO someone is, much more than what they look like.  I usually, but not always manage a pretty good degree of success there.  :)

As for game mods, I tend to install stuff that when I look at it, I either go, "Oh, THAT looks awesome for <insert specific character>!" which tends to be my lean for more 'story' based games where there's a clearly defined protagonist you're 'steering' rather than defining.  Say, Resident Evil or Tomb  Raider games.  We (those who've played them) know who Claire Redfield, Lara Croft and Jill Valentine are.  Their back-story, defined lore etc plus how the developers originally 'drew' them will obviously give us all some image of how they "should" look (which will still differ some from person to person).  Unless or until I come to a point in such games where, for some reason I really enjoy the game, but not so much the main character, in which case lord knows what I may install.  It can get "weird", at least certainly by some people's definitions.  ^_^

Now true RPGs or sandbox-esque stuff?  Where I get to create and define my own protagonist? (Fallout, Skyrim, Sims, blah blah).  Eh.. I suppose I probably gravitate towards or near "Young, athletic, large but not huge 'attributes'" though obviously there's room for variance.  But when speaking of mods, again.. mostly I just install the ones that when I look at the preview images, I'm drawn to it or find it appealing.

lol  Kinda rambling a bit off the rails here though, as my initial point was really just meant to encourage @RaTMan71 that he should make whatever damn mods in whatever damn shape he likes, and screw the haters.  Just because *I* don't especially like something shouldn't dictate what *he* creates, and thus, I've never bothered to take the time to ever tell an author, "Hey that looks crap" or whatever variation of it.  Seems like wasted energy, and the only time I'd see that as remotely appropriate would be had I specifically commissioned something, and what I get back isn't even close.  Then, yeah... bitch away.  Otherwise?  Shush.  xD

2 hours ago, Kitty said:

lol  Kinda rambling a bit off the rails here though, as my initial point was really just meant to encourage @RaTMan71 that he should make whatever damn mods in whatever damn shape he likes, and screw the haters.

Yeah I was kind of rambling there too. Talking about my fetishes and whatnot. Long story short more power to them. It can be fun to imagine the haters. As for me:

• 2 months later...

You want a site that generates an endless stream of nontroversies? Check out the snowflake hugbox forum known as ResetEra. They are always getting offended over something new constantly. If there is even a remote chance of something being even remotely offensive to someone, they will start ranting about it. Also you will get banned over the stupidest things there too. Kiwi Farms has an entire thread about it and a bot that records the endless stream of banhammers that get dropped on there.

On 5/31/2021 at 12:03 PM, WAR10CK said:

You want a site that generates an endless stream of nontroversies? Check out the snowflake hugbox forum known as ResetEra. They are always getting offended over something new constantly. If there is even a remote chance of something being even remotely offensive to someone, they will start ranting about it. Also you will get banned over the stupidest things there too. Kiwi Farms has an entire thread about it and a bot that records the endless stream of banhammers that get dropped on there.

One can be banned for simply trying to understand the viewpoint of someone who does not agree with the consensus opinion of the site's users/moderators in their own words. Attempts at genuine discussion or correction of mistakes are bannable offenses regardless of how polite one can be in broaching a topic. 

On 3/4/2021 at 6:00 PM, RaTMan71 said:

I've also seen negative reactions to the exact opposite.  Someone makes a follower or a bodyslide preset that has small breasts and a thin body I've seen complaints "feed the poor thing she needs food", or even complaints that the character or preset looks like a boy or attacks on the creator for being a pedo, as if adult females can't be petite.

On 5/31/2021 at 12:03 PM, WAR10CK said:

They are always getting offended over something new constantly.

That one sentence speaks volumes. People seems the believe they have the right to not be "offended", so anything offensive should be censored or banned entirely. The main problem being that everything no matter how mundane is offensive to someone. The proud parent in the workplace showing the unending ream of pictures of their brood may quickly offend the coworker that is sadly infertile. Simply put in many cases being offended is just the crossroads of anger and sadness. I am mad as hell about "X" and that makes me feel sad. Hell there are things that are completely socially acceptable that offend me to no end. Like crazed religious fanatics knocking on my door to witness and spread the "good word", yet let me try and go door to door belittling religion. I am certain the police would be called on me pretty quickly, since I would be spreading some form of "ist" behavior.