• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, whateverdontcare said:

Very close to coming out now. Feels like it snuck up on me how fast it is. I'm more skeptical of the difficulty of mods than some people, but still very high hopes.

If you missed it, they just had a dev dairy on modding, And from my fairly rudimentary understanding it looks like it will be fairly easy to mod. 

Dev Diary #37: Modding

In Dev diary # 34

The devs stated that all the characters basically used the same base asset so that makes mixing the ethnicity of characters simpler. Parts of a character are based on their DNA for example their nose size, width, length, etc  and based on the images shown below probably the size of their mammaries as well. I'm not a 3d modeler but I figure that since it's basically the same base asset it should be simple to create character just change the sliders, no? They also stated that they had some sort of character customize using sliders which can be opened using a command.  (Note that in their first livestream they said that a ruler creator will be included in a free patch)

ass.jpg.b7aee4560a8122d4c656e5c228c1406d.jpg     back.jpg.43d482d55803f575e938bf5274aa1972.jpg

What I'm curious about is if the model can be replaced entirely and maybe make the characters look something like this:

gal.jpg.309a84bec444420c3903aa63ea70c129.jpg

Hopefully someone will make a mod to truly make characters look like anime if it is possible.

There are also various body types:

body_types.thumb.jpg.b0791adff27f04cf405533772d2dbbcc.jpg

Sorry for the bad english.

12 hours ago, sissykat said:

If you missed it, they just had a dev dairy on modding, And from my fairly rudimentary understanding it looks like it will be fairly easy to mod. 

Dev Diary #37: Modding

I'm mainly worried about the graphical modding. Everybody's like "Yeah there'll be a penis in literally two days." But we don't know what we can do at all. There will probably be an "every always naked mod" very quickly, but the leaves will still be there.

Personally, I can wait on the full nudity, animated sex scene, etc. stuff.  CK2 mods didn't have any of that except in event pictures, and there were still some really great adult mods here.  I want more story-based and world-changing stuff -- mods like Lesbocracy, Tentacled Dreams, Christianity Mod, and of course the big ones like Luxuria Fantasia and Dark World.

What I want to see is, for instance, a mod that changes every religion to have Carnal Exaltation.  A mod that gives sexy event chains.  A mod that brings in succubi or tentacles or sexy magic.  Updated version of some of the classic CK2 mods -- it'd be hard to do, say, Lesbocracy without a secret society system, but there may be other ways.

Don't get me wrong, I'd definitely download graphics mods once they're ready.  But they're not what I'm looking for first.

While I'm looking forward to this, and will likely get the game right out of the gate I know that it will take Paradox a good half decade to flesh it out given their bloated DLC schedules which have become part of their core marketing strategy.  It's the business model today what can ya do?

37 minutes ago, cniht said:

While I'm looking forward to this, and will likely get the game right out of the gate I know that it will take Paradox a good half decade to flesh it out given their bloated DLC schedules which have become part of their core marketing strategy.  It's the business model today what can ya do?

I mean, I'd rather have a good game now and a really great game five years from now than no game for the next five years and a really great game then.  Even with no DLC, this looks to be a worthwhile game.

paradox rely's on the dlc as a means of long term support for a game instead of churning out new games over and over again (looking at you Call of duty) getting into them late once all that DLC is released sucks though. honestly even though the models can be 3D im hoping 2D is still an option . simply because that makes it easier on the modders . 3D would be amazing thought just like animated stellaris portraits but it takes too much work to do and these games are nowhere near as popular as the elder scrolls. also hoping we can use Gif's/video files in events just to further expand what we can do. also ya can complain about the dlc all your want but i want you to remember one thing. microtransactions [thundering noise] that is all. 

On 8/14/2020 at 2:25 AM, cniht said:

That strategy bit them completely in the ass with Imperator Rome.

Everyone who bought it day one complained about the complete lack of content inside it. They have been throwing free updates at the game for over a year, and the most recent paid DLC was released earlier this month for just $4.00 because they knew they couldn't get away with the $10+ they previously charged for minimal content DLC in their other games.

So here is hoping they learned at least a small lesson.

14 hours ago, Sakhmeth said:

That strategy bit them completely in the ass with Imperator Rome.

Everyone who bought it day one complained about the complete lack of content inside it. They have been throwing free updates at the game for over a year, and the most recent paid DLC was released earlier this month for just $4.00 because they knew they couldn't get away with the $10+ they previously charged for minimal content DLC in their other games.

So here is hoping they learned at least a small lesson.

I wouldn't count on it. CKIII already has DLC announced when Paradox announced the CKIII Royal Edition, so yea, we have DLC for a game that isn't even out yet. At least they confirmed the Ruler Designer will be free, but that's not saying much.

Anyone else notice how the world map - on the left hand side, looks like a proper edge (weathered with some small tears), while the right hand side doesn't look as natural?

I'm hoping that it means we'll get a proper China expansion instead of DLC type interaction from CK2.

Of course, I could just be doing a bit of wishful thinking.

Spoiler

EX6Po3lWkAEa43z?format=jpg&name=large

43 minutes ago, dewguru said:

Anyone else notice how the world map - on the left hand side, looks like a proper edge (weathered with some small tears), while the right hand side doesn't look as natural?

I'm hoping that it means we'll get a proper China expansion instead of DLC type interaction from CK2.

I wish that was the case dude, I remember reading a similar comment in the Paradox forums, Imagine actually having china in a border of the map, kinda liked the offmap "final boss" ck2 china, but an actual china to conquer would be something else.

3 hours ago, dewguru said:

Hide contents

EX6Po3lWkAEa43z?format=jpg&name=large

I've seen it pointed out quite a few times. The counterpoint to "Must be China" is that the areas at the edge of the map aren't straight. Could just be they wanted to properly include Tibet, but didn't want to go even further East from India (though maybe they should have, the point they chose for the Southeastern border is ridiculous. Splitting a modern country down the middle, there's no like, geographical barrier or anything there, just a random line.) so the map could be shaped to fit the area they wanted.

13 hours ago, whateverdontcare said:

Splitting a modern country down the middle, there's no like, geographical barrier or anything there, just a random line.) so the map could be shaped to fit the area they wanted.

Actually, if they went any further they'd be hitting the Kingdom of Pagan/Bagan. If you do that, considering Pagan was far more involved with SE Asia than with India you'd probably want to include Siam, the Khmer, and move into Vietnam. Which is a pretty big expansion, and China would be even harder to have off-map if those regions were in.

1 hour ago, AardvarkAnonymous said:

Actually, if they went any further they'd be hitting the Kingdom of Pagan/Bagan. If you do that, considering Pagan was far more involved with SE Asia than with India you'd probably want to include Siam, the Khmer, and move into Vietnam. Which is a pretty big expansion, and China would be even harder to have off-map if those regions were in.

I think you might want to check the map. They literally did include the kingdom of Pagan. It's the eastern border of the map.

On 8/21/2020 at 1:29 AM, dewguru said:

It's all but confirmed there is going to be a future China expansion. Probably in the first 1-3 years after release. 

There was a developer interview from 2018 that went around the forums (with Groogy or Johann iirc). They were asked then if a China map expansion would feature in CK2 and they just replied "Well that should be something we leave for CK3." They were working on CK3 then so it was definitely in the plans with all the optimisation improvements.  

Is it at all possible to get a separate CK3 forum early? Obviously mods can't be released yet, but I know already I'm going to be making a domination/slavery themed mod similar to KSV, and it would be nice to make a post for it and get some early feedback. I don't want to clog up this thread with discussion of individual mod ideas.

9 hours ago, Caffey said:

Is it at all possible to get a separate CK3 forum early? Obviously mods can't be released yet, but I know already I'm going to be making a domination/slavery themed mod similar to KSV, and it would be nice to make a post for it and get some early feedback. I don't want to clog up this thread with discussion of individual mod ideas.

Just make new posts in the CK2 forum. If the mods want to separate CK3 they can move the threads over. Like Stellaris used to be in this forum. If they moderators don't, then I don't think it really matters to just have CK2 and CK3 in the same place.