I think the biggest point here is, who's actually even willing to move to CK3? Paradox IPs are like Bethesda games at launch: barren and dull. After 6 billion DLCs and a few trillion patches (I'm looking at you Stellaris), it becomes a game. Sometimes. Besides, CK2 has been modded out the ass, so I doubt anyone wants to just go back to vanilla with like I said, no content.

50 minutes ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

I think the biggest point here is, who's actually even willing to move to CK3? Paradox IPs are like Bethesda games at launch: barren and dull. After 6 billion DLCs and a few trillion patches (I'm looking at you Stellaris), it becomes a game. Sometimes. Besides, CK2 has been modded out the ass, so I doubt anyone wants to just go back to vanilla with like I said, no content.

I'm willing to give it a shot--people said this about the Sims 3 after all, but good modding eventually did come to the Sims 4 (and Wicked Whims is way better than what was available in the Sims 3). But I will also be taking a wait-and-see approach. I know Paradox games aren't always great at launch and this could be no exception. I never did really get into Cities Skylines or Stellaris, even after they added all the DLC, CK2 is something of an outlier.

I just hope we don't take a big step backwards from where CK 2 is when CK 3 hits. 

However, that hope is likely not going to come to pass and as others have said we'll need to wait 2  years and 10 dlcs before we get a full game and then we'll eventually get to 50 DLCs and $500 price tag (retail) before we obtain the full planned experience.

5 hours ago, nugerumon said:

I just hope it can be modded as easily as CK2. I have my reservations with 3D models and such, but we'll see. Will they also use a different "programming" "language" for mods?

I've not found anything official, but speculation so far is it's using a version of the Clausewitz Engine that's more current. Similar to what was used to make Stellaris. If that speculation is accurate, then that means much of the scripting side should still be familiar.

23 hours ago, dewguru said:

I've not found anything official, but speculation so far is it's using a version of the Clausewitz Engine that's more current. Similar to what was used to make Stellaris. If that speculation is accurate, then that means much of the scripting side should still be familiar.

They will use the jomini system which is basically the scripting language we all know and love from ck2 with some major improvements just like in imperator. If ck3 is anything like imperator which it probably seeing as imperator is in fact based on ck3, the game will be very moddable. Scripted GUI, improved scripting language and many parts previously hardcoded (like succession) seem to be opened to modding. Devs have said this on the ck3 discord. I am looking forward to the game and don't give a damn about this pointless discussion about a sentence that is ahistorical and brings nothing to the game.
Overall I will definitely get ck3 and I will if I enjoy the game mod it. 

Especially the perk tree for lifestyle choice gives me an idea on how to implement stuff like succubus and incubus into the game.

23 hours ago, OneZeroOne said:

despite the fact that I'm kind of upset about removal of Deus Vult from the game, can we get back on track and stray away from /pol/itics at least on this website?

While I am not upset. YES PLEASE! Lets just talk about the game and lewd modding? Take this politics on another website.

17 hours ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

I'm not too keen on 3-D models, as I have a few hang ups on how they look. I preferred the portrait system since it was easy to just mod over it.

Yeah they look kind of strange from the screenshots. I hope they either change or we will get some nice mods to make them look better or static models are easy to implement.

On 10/20/2019 at 7:07 AM, zb123thecat said:

I think that would be a genius marketing move, upsetting the alt-right racist/fascist garbage so they abstain from this game. Letting the rest of us enjoy it even more.

Dude the alt-right basically doesn't even exist at this point. How many people are going to see Richard Spencer or Andrew Anglan speak? Fuckin nobody. The ones touted around as "fascists" nowadays are your basic-bitch liberals who just wanna be left alone, and the older religious crowd.

On 10/20/2019 at 10:59 AM, dewguru said:

Hell, in the US now, the OK hand gesture, which once let someone know all was, well, OK, or which was used in a simple arm punch game, is now listed by certain organizations as a symbol of Hate. Why? Because of a joke on 4Chan that it was a white supremacy symbol, which in turn had some of those same folks say "Fuck yeah" and actually adopt it themselves.

https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/okay-hand-gesture
Yep, it's officially a "hate symbol" now. Because people on the internet wanted to make the left look crazy by getting them to ban something utterly insignificant and benign. Same deal is happening here with Deus Vult. It's an internet joke, but because some "bad people" use it either as a joke or because they're seriously considering following religious doctrine (which, at least in the case of Christianity, would preclude them from fascism making it a good thing).

On 10/20/2019 at 12:22 PM, Pantheress said:

Did you miss the bit where zb said "the western world"?

There's been a grand total of... one. One mass murder where the phrase "Deus Vult" was included, and it was committed by an atheist eco-fascist from Australia, who used memes in order to force people to ban them. Why? To radicalize more people, because you don't get kids coming to your side by telling them they're not allowed to have fun. It's why he said "Subscribe to pewdiepie".

And if we're going to talk about "the western world", there's a pretty big event in the last 20 years involving a few airplanes and a couple towers if you catch my drift.

That all said, it looks like Paradox has gone out of its way to remove the phrase altogether. It's banned from their forums, and they're likely going to replace it with something else given that "God Wills It" is kinda the whole point behind the crusades. Same as with a game about the various Jihads, were it to come out. It should, if it's going to be accurate, have "God Wills It" in the form of Allahu Ackbar, or however it's spelled, or at the very least translated. It does seem that the RockPaperShotgun "journalist" that wrote the piece breaking the news has been forced to walk back after Paradox told him that they hadn't yet removed it entirely, but it still stands that it's an unknown and a valid concern for the sake of historical accuracy in an historical setting. I mean, look at what EA did to WW2.

Bigger issues will always be gameplay of course, as it should be, but if studios are trying to make things like verbage milquetoast and inoffensive to appeal to wider markets, it probably means that they're making compromises elsewhere. Modders will fix issues of historical accuracy, as long as mods are permitted. That historical revision is even on the table brings into question whether other aspects of the gameplay will be "revised" to make them "more appealing to a wider audience".

Political shitshow aside, i hope we can mod this game to be something relatively playable, and no Imperator: medieval edition, ck2 was really bland for me when it first come out, ck3 will be the same, sex mods would be very welcome on what i know will be a very very barren game

There's been some weird rumors going around about Crusader Kings 3. We might not have that much to mod in after all.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/10/23/in-crusader-kings-3-character-is-everything/

If you scroll down a bit, past the picture of the skill tree you'll find " Olber’s content team seem to have really outdone themselves writing those events, by the way. When I ask what side-projects people have gotten carried away with, I find out there’s a player-facing chivalric courtship scheme in the game, as well as what Olbers calls “a (bad) poetry generator”, and even a procedural sex scene generator. One can only imagine the horrors that will produce."

On 10/19/2019 at 1:25 PM, Priest Kitty said:

It'll be barebones for 5 years until they pump out their 60+ DLCs. Furthermore, they've apparently removed the phrase "Deus Vult". From a game, set in the time period of the Crusades. Because it might offend some people. A game set in the Dark Ages being censored, because it might offend people. A game where you can kill babies, execute endless commoners and eat people, is having the Latin phrase "Deus Vult", God Wills It, censored because it might offend. While "Allahu Ackbar" is still in.

I'm not feeling optimistic about the state of the game if they feel like they need to make things less offensive. That's a big red flag to me that even they're not confident about the game's reception on release.

Actually, they removed it because "Deus Vult" was not a commonly used sentence (hell, Deus Vult isn't even how they probably said it), it was used in a few specific events during the Crusades, but not nearly as commonly as modern media appears to pretend it was. They knew this, it's in CKII as a light hearted joke, but with more-and-more Far-Right movements using the sentence it's sort of lost its joking value.

Why would Paradox put in a joking sentence, that's not historically accurate, and risk bad press over it? 

Also, I don't get this idea that Paradox is censoring over someone getting offended. You are aware that you will still be able to just drive crusaders into the Middle East and violently take it in the name of God, right? "B-But Deus Vult was removed they're p-p-pandering!"

Only nowadays would people cry over  a company removing of a small historically inaccurate sentence just to not risk a media shitstorm. Also, a reminder that Stellaris, one of their most recent Grand Strategy games allows you to play it as a Genocide simulator. 

Anyhow, I'm excited. I don't care that a sentence was removed if I get a good game with good press in return. Besides, mods exist, if you're that shitty about it, just wait for someone to add your overused sentence as a mod and there you go.

EDIT: Amusing thing I forgot to mention, Paradox literally has their CKIII megathread titled "Deus Vult". I like how some people live such interesting lives that this is the hill they want to fight and die on, the one about a video game company removing a sentence. 

12 hours ago, Raaaah said:

I like how some people live such interesting lives that this is the hill they want to fight and die on, the one about a video game company removing a sentence. 

Sorry for the off-topic. You know, that's why I'm always confused by neo-nazis (not right-wing, I talk about actual nazi folks), their would be the first to be removed in the power struggle. You could say even antifa people or similar are smarter (on top) - they fight for themselves or to be on top who dictates (equity committee / diversity offices).

B2T: I'm actually wondering about the multiplayer with mods and friends. CK2 works horrible for me in multiplayer.

As an asian muslim, whose hometown had a wehrmacht-nsdap cosplay cafe, living with nonnegligable hindu, buddhist and christian minorities and STILL have to deal with islamic terrorism, this whole western whitewashing of terror plus the top down made "political correctness" is both hillarious and terrifying to me. You guys do you in your own neo-third world.

Now anyway, lets get back to even more incest, murder and purging the heretics in the name of Allah.