On 10/24/2019 at 5:44 PM, Raaaah said:

Actually, they removed it because "Deus Vult" was not a commonly used sentence (hell, Deus Vult isn't even how they probably said it), it was used in a few specific events during the Crusades, but not nearly as commonly as modern media appears to pretend it was. They knew this, it's in CKII as a light hearted joke, but with more-and-more Far-Right movements using the sentence it's sort of lost its joking value.

Why would Paradox put in a joking sentence, that's not historically accurate, and risk bad press over it? 

Also, I don't get this idea that Paradox is censoring over someone getting offended. You are aware that you will still be able to just drive crusaders into the Middle East and violently take it in the name of God, right? "B-But Deus Vult was removed they're p-p-pandering!"

Only nowadays would people cry over  a company removing of a small historically inaccurate sentence just to not risk a media shitstorm. Also, a reminder that Stellaris, one of their most recent Grand Strategy games allows you to play it as a Genocide simulator. 

Anyhow, I'm excited. I don't care that a sentence was removed if I get a good game with good press in return. Besides, mods exist, if you're that shitty about it, just wait for someone to add your overused sentence as a mod and there you go.

EDIT: Amusing thing I forgot to mention, Paradox literally has their CKIII megathread titled "Deus Vult". I like how some people live such interesting lives that this is the hill they want to fight and die on, the one about a video game company removing a sentence. 

Yes yes, Deus Lo Vult, because Pig Latin. It was however used as a battle and rallying cry, just as "Allahu Ackbar" has been used for 1500 years by Muslims in their various Jihads.

"Far-right groups" don't use Deus Vult, at least not seriously. The one example was Christchurch, and he used it precisely because it had become a meme. The only people who take it more seriously than it should be, are those living in a false reality borne of misinformation.

"Paradox is censoring over someone being offended" you misunderstood what I was saying. IF they're truly removing Deus Vult, it's to try and pander to a market which is perpetually offended, or to try and ward off bad press from the likes of Rock Paper Shotgun, Kotaku and Polygon. RPS' reporting on the matter even included a thinly veiled threat of more bad press should CK3 have anything that they don't like in it. It's a marketing tactic, and companies generally only do this if they're trying to chase a wider market, or if they're not confident in their product. I'm predicting the latter.

You shouldn't want good press. The press is a fucking joke, especially in the realm of Gaming. You have people like Dean Takahashi who literally are not able to get past basic tutorial segments (See his reporting on Cuphead, where he complained the game was too difficult because it required the player learn multiple skills). Or the Polygon(?) writer who complained about the Goose Game because it still asked people to perform a set of tasks. Or the other Polygon writer that got viciously mocked for the DOOM 2016 footage they recorded, which was an absolute joke. If Paradox is trying to appeal to THESE people, who bad do you think the game is going to be? How dumbed down do you think it'll end up? That is why their removing "Deus Vult" is worrying, because it indicates who they think their target audience is now, and it sure as shit isn't us, the people who've actually been playing their games for years now.

What will be telling is if Paradox is making moves to try and get into China proper. That could provide a true reason for this, as China demands religious stuff be censored. Phrases like "Deus Vult" and "Allahu Ackbar" would never be allowed, nor would half the fun, entertaining stuff in CK2 for that matter. Too much cleavage is enough to get games banned there.

In my other responses here, I've pointed out that this might all be misinformation, and I'm hoping it is and that I've just been wrong and going off bad info. But, given the current state of the industry, I'm not willing to take chances.

You folk disapoint me. I came here expecting excited folk talking about the potential of 3D models and moddable SCENES.

Came to see extremely pointless discussion about Deus Vult. At least talk about that on the paradox forums where they ended up with a megathread for it because its basically become spam.

The first dev diary talks about dynastic legacies -- ways your family can grow and strengthen itself over the centuries.  They talked about ones that might make your family better diplomats or lawmakers or warriors, and one that would improve your chances of breeding good traits into your descendants.  And that immediately brought to mind the idea of modding in various sexual legacies.  A generalized Sex path that makes you better lovers, an Incest path that eliminates the chance of inbreeding and makes your relatives more easily seduced (and more likely to seduce you), a Magic or Succubus or Tentacle path that gives support to all those supernatural focuses we like so much...  There are a lot of possibilities there.

57 minutes ago, Abraxis00 said:

the idea of modding in various sexual legacies

good idea, but depends on how moddable the legacy paths are in the end. Same goes for the lifestyle trees. I hope the Diplomacy-Martial-Stewardship-Intrigue-Scholar thing in the top row isn't hardcoded. Not a modder myself but I want to be cautiously optimistic here, PDX surely knows that big overhauls mods would want to mix things up in that department and there will definitely be tweak mods for that blood legacy stuff (skill your genes!).

ck3screen.jpg

8 hours ago, MrAnonym said:

good idea, but depends on how moddable the legacy paths are in the end. Same goes for the lifestyle trees. I hope the Diplomacy-Martial-Stewardship-Intrigue-Scholar thing in the top row isn't hardcoded. Not a modder myself but I want to be cautiously optimistic here, PDX surely knows that big overhauls mods would want to mix things up in that department and there will definitely be tweak mods for that blood legacy stuff (skill your genes!).

Every time I see that image, I picture an Elder Scrolls Overhaul mod appearing in the future.

10 hours ago, Abraxis00 said:

The first dev diary talks about dynastic legacies -- ways your family can grow and strengthen itself over the centuries.  They talked about ones that might make your family better diplomats or lawmakers or warriors, and one that would improve your chances of breeding good traits into your descendants.  And that immediately brought to mind the idea of modding in various sexual legacies.  A generalized Sex path that makes you better lovers, an Incest path that eliminates the chance of inbreeding and makes your relatives more easily seduced (and more likely to seduce you), a Magic or Succubus or Tentacle path that gives support to all those supernatural focuses we like so much...  There are a lot of possibilities there.

Oh? I forgot to check for new content on their channel on youtube. Tnx for the reminder.

On 11/3/2019 at 3:37 AM, MrAnonym said:

ck3screen.jpg

Devs did confirm that the lifestyle paths are fully modable and it is possible to add additional. It would require some GUI modding but it is possible. Already got a lot of ideas for magical content.

On 10/24/2019 at 3:30 PM, whateverdontcare said:

There's been some weird rumors going around about Crusader Kings 3. We might not have that much to mod in after all.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/10/23/in-crusader-kings-3-character-is-everything/

If you scroll down a bit, past the picture of the skill tree you'll find " Olber’s content team seem to have really outdone themselves writing those events, by the way. When I ask what side-projects people have gotten carried away with, I find out there’s a player-facing chivalric courtship scheme in the game, as well as what Olbers calls “a (bad) poetry generator”, and even a procedural sex scene generator. One can only imagine the horrors that will produce."

Especially if those scenes involve Glitterhoof. Horseplay, anyone? ?

• 6 months later...
On 10/25/2019 at 10:14 AM, StinkyBinky said:

Oh Paradox knows their Fan base too well ? So they have already the support in so we can create sexy mods for Ck3 - i am curious if we also will get some homosexual marriages in CK3, i am certain they have an eye on Lesbocracy as a hint in an update already showed us xD

Piers Gaveston just called.  You rang? ?

I already handed out my hard earned simoleons to Paradox by prepurchasing CK3.   CK2 was easily one of my favorite games..dunno how many hours I spent on it, but it's easily four figures. ?

23 hours ago, Aetherna said:

Bumping this because I can't believe it's actually real nudity in the base game:

https://i.redd.it/ux8xtwyp9xy41.png

No genitals though, modders will have to get on that so we get our futa realms.

Is it confirmed that there's no genitals? I saw it referred to as full frontal somewhere, and I've seen a full frontal screenshot from the game but in ridiculously tiny resolution so it was hard to tell if there was a mosaic or something.

On 5/16/2020 at 5:27 PM, CHIKN404 said:

Is it confirmed that there's no genitals? I saw it referred to as full frontal somewhere, and I've seen a full frontal screenshot from the game but in ridiculously tiny resolution so it was hard to tell if there was a mosaic or something.

Why should the base game support or provide models with genitals?

That's a the job of the community to add what you need for your desired projects.

3 hours ago, CHIKN404 said:

In early versions they had placeholders, as you can see in the screenshot right above you, but they announced they won't be keeping those (nobody would want them anyway) and they'll be covering them with a leaf.

On 5/15/2020 at 6:28 PM, dewguru said:

It looks pretty interesting. I'm both excited and nervous. Excited because it looks really interesting, and nervous because I'm uncertain about my skill set in being able to achieve the ideas rolling around in my head.

I think it'll depend on the level of hard coding they'll have of variables and conditions. I hope and maybe expect a tiny bit, that they've learned just how much their games gain by supporting the modding community in popularity and sales. We've seen this too in Stellaris, their other major hit series. They seem to be one of the companies out there that grasp that if you give your clients what they desire, they'll buy it and thus look to various community outlets to gauge what they want. Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, Celedhring said:

God, I hope the USA doesn't censor CK3 like they did with The Witcher.  

The USA censored The Witcher? I've all 3 versions, and they've tits and ass for days. What got censored? Don't tell me there was more?

24 minutes ago, dewguru said:

The USA censored The Witcher? I've all 3 versions, and they've tits and ass for days. What got censored? Don't tell me there was more?

The first Witcher game had censored sex cards in the USA. It was uncensored in Europe.   For instance, Triss' bath card had her boobs covered in the US version..uncovered in the European version.