11 minutes ago, WaffleIron said:

From what I can tell, bust_cloths squishes the character's body to keep parts of them from clipping in exactly the circumstances you're describing. Don't know exactly how to set it properly though. Have you tried looking at how a character with that trait looks like outside of the portrait editor? It might be that it's just the editor that is buggy.

Yeah, they pop through whatever clothing they're wearing.

This is the visual trait as it stands:

visual_traits_big_boobs = {
	usage = game

big_boobs = {
        dna_modifiers = {
            morph = {
			    mode = modify		
				gene = gene_bs_bust
				value = 1.0
				template = bust_clothes
            }
			morph = {
			    mode = modify		
				gene = gene_bs_bust
				value = 1.0
				template = bust_default
            }
			morph = {
			    mode = modify		
				gene = gene_bs_bust
				value = 1.0
				template = bust_shape_1_half
            }
			morph = {
			    mode = modify		
				gene = gene_bs_bust
				value = 1.0
				template = bust_shape_1_full
            }
			morph = {
			    mode = modify		
				gene = gene_bs_bust
				value = 1.0
				template = bust_shape_2_half
            }
			morph = {
			    mode = modify		
				gene = gene_bs_bust
				value = 1.0
				template = bust_shape_2_full
            }
			morph = {
			    mode = modify		
				gene = gene_bs_bust
				value = 1.0
				template = bust_shape_3_half
            }
			morph = {
			    mode = modify		
				gene = gene_bs_bust
				value = 1.0
				template = bust_shape_3_full
            }
			morph = {
			    mode = modify		
				gene = gene_bs_bust
				value = 1.0
				template = bust_shape_4_half
            }
			morph = {
			    mode = modify		
				gene = gene_bs_bust
				value = 1.0
				template = bust_shape_4_full
            }			
        }

weight = {
			base = 0
			modifier = {
				add = 100
				has_trait = big_boobs
			}
        }
    }
}

If I'm understanding everything correctly, each person has one of those genes for the shape of their chest, and the above code will modify it if they possess it.  It seems to work without changing the shape, but the clothes don't change with it.

It sounds as if this needs a type of Caliente's Beautiful  Bodies mod to create the clothing and gene morphs, but that would probably need custom skeletons and meshes. It's beyond my ability.

It would be fun to see discussion about "cbbe" vs "unp" in the CK forum. Didn't think that would ever happen. (still might not, of course but I can dream)

3 hours ago, Khadir said:

Creating and triggering animations is easy enough. Adding them is a problem though. So far, I didn't find a way to add them without overwriting the whole mesh file they apply to. Which means kiss any cross-mod compatibility goodbye, because only one of them will get to add their animations and/or modify meshes.

i dont know if i understand this correctly... so you are saying only one animation mod can be active ?

thats not the end of the world i think, just submit ur animations to the "main mod", which will be updated every week or so. not sure if this is a valid solution as iam not a modder.

So after taking the bust_clothes part of my trait from the top and adding to the bottom, they're not popping out, so I guess I misunderstood the way it works.  It seems to give them whatever gene the trait has last.  If you give them the bust shape of bust_clothes, then they can wear clothes fine, but if you change it through trait or the portrait editor, they pop out.  I still don't understand how the whole thing works.  I'm thinking maybe it dynamically switches between their DNA shape and the bust_clothes shape for whatever is appropriate, so I'm not sure how we can edit one without breaking the other.

Edit: Okay after a little more playing around, I found I could just use this and it would work for whatever type of chest shape they have:

usage = game

big_boobs = {
        dna_modifiers = {            
			morph = {
			    mode = modify		
				gene = gene_bs_bust
				value = 1.0				
            }			
        }

weight = {
			base = 0
			modifier = {
				add = 100
				has_trait = big_boobs
			}
        }
    }
}

I removed the template so it applies to whatever template they have, I think.  Where it gets weird, though, is if they're affected by something that makes them naked, like the religion option, if you try to put clothes on them with the barbershop then they'll clip through.  I guess that's an engine limitation but something I can live with.  

28 minutes ago, SirCarcass said:

So after taking the bust_clothes part of my trait from the top and adding to the bottom, they're not popping out, so I guess I misunderstood the way it works.  It seems to give them whatever gene the trait has last.  If you give them the bust shape of bust_clothes, then they can wear clothes fine, but if you change it through trait or the portrait editor, they pop out.  I still don't understand how the whole thing works.  I'm thinking maybe it dynamically switches between their DNA shape and the bust_clothes shape for whatever is appropriate, so I'm not sure how we can edit one without breaking the other.

Edit: Okay after a little more playing around, I found I could just use this and it would work for whatever type of chest shape they have:

usage = game

big_boobs = {
        dna_modifiers = {            
			morph = {
			    mode = modify		
				gene = gene_bs_bust
				value = 1.0				
            }			
        }

weight = {
			base = 0
			modifier = {
				add = 100
				has_trait = big_boobs
			}
        }
    }
}

I removed the template so it applies to whatever template they have, I think.  Where it gets weird, though, is if they're affected by something that makes them naked, like the religion option, if you try to put clothes on them with the barbershop then they'll clip through.  I guess that's an engine limitation but something I can live with.  

I would very much appreciate it you could upload what you got when you're happy with it. I'm dying for a big boob trait with high inheritance.

49 minutes ago, SirCarcass said:

As I said earlier, each clothes has it own model, which is very roughly blend to the models. Each clothes have separate breast sliders and other body types, so if model shape for some reason will be more than the clothes model, it will pop up through it. I'm think, what they not collide in game itself because the game blend models, so max and min values very rare to achieve.  So using portrait editor not show real situation with models. And using custom trait to change it can trigger collision.

So it will be better not use 1.0 as values, better 0.95, or even 0.9. 

11 minutes ago, torg16 said:

I would very much appreciate it you could upload what you got when you're happy with it. I'm dying for a big boob trait with high inheritance.

I have it mixed in with a lot of other changes, some that incorporate other people's work, so I wasn't really planning to release it, especially any time soon without getting permission, but I might be able to strip it out and release it separately.  I haven't tested it to see what kind of weirdness it can cause or if I've even made mistakes (I did a lot of CK2 modding but am still figuring out CK3), nor have I really tested the inheritance aspects of it, and that will take some time.  If you want to play around with it in the meantime, this is the bulk of it:

trait file:

big_boobs = {
	index = 500

potential = {
		is_female = yes
	}

attraction_opinion = 25

diplomacy = 5	
	fertility = 0.2

#genetic = yes
	physical = yes
	good = yes	

inherit_chance = 50
	birth = 10
	random_creation = 10

child_inheritance_sex = female
	genetic_constraint_women = big_boobs

desc = {
		first_valid = {
			triggered_desc = {
				trigger = {
					NOT = { exists = this }
				}
				desc = trait_big_boobs_desc
			}
			desc = trait_big_boobs_character_desc
		}
	}
}

I've got it set currently to not use the DNA system for passing it and it just being a straight percentage chance (50%), and there's a 10% chance that someone can be born or randomly created and have it.

Visual trait file:

usage = game

big_boobs = {
        dna_modifiers = {            
			morph = {
			    mode = modify		
				gene = gene_bs_bust
				value = 1.0				
            }			
        }

weight = {
			base = 0
			modifier = {
				add = 100
				has_trait = big_boobs
			}
        }
    }
}

I'm not an artist, so I just took an existing icon and changed the colors, and put some lame text in the description:

trait_big_boobs: "Big Boobs"
 trait_big_boobs_desc: "This person has huge.... tracts of land."
 trait_big_boobs_character_desc: "[ROOT.Char.GetSheHe|U] has huge.... tracts of land."

13 hours ago, joemann said:

Anybody know why a trait icon in the correct dds format shows up purple in game. I started a new game so it is not a save game issue. Comparing it with vanilla game icons doesn't show an obvious difference.

Could be related to different texture compression methods. I know next to nothing about what different methods do, but just from trying different compression types, some work and others break.

10 hours ago, Nak'kivene said:

Hi, Im planning on making a small framework mod for fetishes to use for future modding. I'm not sure if i should make the varying fetishes via modifiers or traits. I know that in CK2 traits were the name of the game, and while I didn't completely hate the trait spam, the new character sheet is making me worried on filling up the trait area of the sheet.

There are pros and cons to each system:

Modifiers: Wont clutter up the trait screen, but requires custom UI stuff to inspect them and the effects for the fetishes is limited.

Traits: Piss easy to add, and there is way more options for effects on the fetishes. However, will clutter up the trait screen, and because I was planning on basically making soft and hard fetishes, where essentially the more degenerate stuff is bound to the deviant trait (this way all the intrigue stuff is pretty much handled) and I'm not sure on the viability of making essentially "sub traits".

+1 for traits if you want them to be easily visible. It's a very good fit for what you're trying to do IMO- you could probably wrap everything you are looking for into 2 traits for 'soft' and 'hard' deviants to avoid clutter in the UI, even if the code for it might get a little tedious depending on how many different fetish combinations you want to add.

Check out the leveled traits that have "group =" in their definition. I think they are the "sub traits" you are looking for. They are all related to each other and I'm pretty sure you can make as many different versions of them as you want. You can also check for the presence of any of them with checks like "has_trait = group_name", so for example you could make any different version of 'hard' deviancy tied to criminality for religions.

10 hours ago, Darkkick said:

CK3 modding has support for adding entirely new UI and etc, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible to just add hidden traits and modifiers that you can check out in a separate sex-ui, instead of cluttering up the primary ui with 10 different specific fetish traits and modifiers. 

The issue with UI modding is that, while it's easy to do, there are no tools for making mods that edit UI compatible with either updates to the base game (which are likely to be frequent for a while) or other mods that edit the same UI file, not even necessarily the same sections of the UI. And unfortunately the most obvious UI files to edit for most purposes are the ones for the character GUI and the hud GUI, which are both massive. For reference, the hud GUI file controls everything on the edge of your screen from displays for your wealth/prestige/piety to the toggles for different map views, and is the only one that you can attach entirely new and independent window types to as far as I can tell.

It bummed me out to realize this, because I was excited to start making new buttons, indicators, screen types, etc, but after looking into it, I don't think it's justifiable unless you're making a big overhaul mod. For most small to medium-sized mods, I think you're going to see a lot of additions to direct character interaction options, decisions, traits/modifiers, and nested event windows. Those are, unfortunately, kinda the only options I see that don't raise significant compatibility issues.

6 hours ago, Fl0g said:

It would be fun to see discussion about "cbbe" vs "unp" in the CK forum. Didn't think that would ever happen. (still might not, of course but I can dream)

As long as they have share the faces of Dead or Alive (DoA) girls, I'm fine with whatever.

4 hours ago, SirCarcass said:

I have it mixed in with a lot of other changes, some that incorporate other people's work, so I wasn't really planning to release it, especially any time soon without getting permission, but I might be able to strip it out and release it separately.  I haven't tested it to see what kind of weirdness it can cause or if I've even made mistakes (I did a lot of CK2 modding but am still figuring out CK3), nor have I really tested the inheritance aspects of it, and that will take some time.  If you want to play around with it in the meantime, this is the bulk of it:

God bless you. Got it working! 

Rewinged in the paradox forrums had this idea. "One thing I'd like to look into is animated attachments, I think they may be possible (attachments with their own skeletons) meaning we could have things like animated dragon meshes for characters by making them an attachment or prop, and hiding the vanilla mesh."

11 hours ago, Adroit said:

Can anyone help me understand best practices for using On_Actions?  For "from code" On_Actions like on_character_faith_changed, can you inject new events to be run without having to repeat all the existing ones?  If I add a new on actions file and include the on_character_faith_changed on action, and only specify my new event, can I make that appended to the existing events, or do I need to call each of the events from the original on action?

Trying to maximize compatibility, but having trouble testing conclusively (fairly new to event modding in paradox games).

Fiddling around with that myself at the moment. Functions with the same name seem to get merged. Example I'm currently working on:

hunt_random_pulse = {
	random_events = {
		200 = huntIE.0001 #Ambushed by bandits
		# Fallthrough already in base function
	}
}

However, the file you place the code in must not have the same name as the original, otherwise it overwrites the whole file (and consequently throws some error messages for hunt_start_events and hunt_end_pulse missing). Probably works similiar for on_character_faith_changed.

Also, for maximum compatiblity use a different namespace than the default (huntIE in my example instead of hunt), because eventually, another mod might add an event with the same number.

15 minutes ago, doan77 said:

It's me or the skeleton for human is very limited ?

Not really, no. There's the usual amount of bones you'd expect from a normal humanoid shape made for games - and really, the body has only all of 11k faces.

In particular, clavicle, shoulder and deltoid are separate bones, as is elbow, forearm and wrist. Each finger has three bones. There are separate bones to control where some props attach to, and for the skirts.

On account of how little they show, leg bones are more limited however - it's just hips, knees and "toes" (feet). So that could be something modders could improve, certainly. But it's not unworkable as it is.

I didn't check the head bone setup yet, but I don't think it's that lacking either.

In case anybody is up to the task, what's missing for lewd mods are at least:
* bones for penis and vulva control

* bones for breast jiggle/physics

* bones for wings and tails for all you fantasy lovers

* possibly bones for longer animal ears

4 hours ago, Siudhne said:

Fiddling around with that myself at the moment. Functions with the same name seem to get merged. Example I'm currently working on:

hunt_random_pulse = {
	random_events = {
		200 = huntIE.0001 #Ambushed by bandits
		# Fallthrough already in base function
	}
}

However, the file you place the code in must not have the same name as the original, otherwise it overwrites the whole file (and consequently throws some error messages for hunt_start_events and hunt_end_pulse missing). Probably works similiar for on_character_faith_changed.

Also, for maximum compatiblity use a different namespace than the default (huntIE in my example instead of hunt), because eventually, another mod might add an event with the same number.

Hmmnn, thanks for the info!  I did more testing myself, and I never seemed to get the original events to fire unless I had copied them all to my new on_action, but I think I may have just not been patient enough if it was working for you.  I'll have to do some more testing.

For sure about the namespacing - got that squared away already - good to have that separation.

5 hours ago, Adroit said:

Hmmnn, thanks for the info!  I did more testing myself, and I never seemed to get the original events to fire unless I had copied them all to my new on_action, but I think I may have just not been patient enough if it was working for you.  I'll have to do some more testing.

For sure about the namespacing - got that squared away already - good to have that separation.

Maybe you gave your new event a very high chance to trigger with weight_multiplier by accident? I think there are some constraints on the folder structure of your mod if you want to do this, but I'm not sure what it is exactly, I had to fiddle around quite a bit to get it working myself. To be on the safe side, you can try to put your .txt file (that has a different name from the original) in the same relative path as the original file you want to add to, though 'm pretty sure the path it works even if the path is not exactly the same (maybe it's only the first folder, i.e. "event" that needs to match?). If you want, I can upload my example from above, it's just one event for now, but maybe it helps for extrapolating what you need to do.

39 minutes ago, Siudhne said:

Maybe you gave your new event a very high chance to trigger with weight_multiplier by accident? I think there are some constraints on the folder structure of your mod if you want to do this, but I'm not sure what it is exactly, I had to fiddle around quite a bit to get it working myself. To be on the safe side, you can try to put your .txt file (that has a different name from the original) in the same relative path as the original file you want to add to, though 'm pretty sure the path it works even if the path is not exactly the same (maybe it's only the first folder, i.e. "event" that needs to match?). If you want, I can upload my example from above, it's just one event for now, but maybe it helps for extrapolating what you need to do.

Thanks, but I got it working!  I think I had just confused myself before, or had specified something wrong.  I removed the base game's events from my on_action implementation, and things seem to be functioning now.

7 hours ago, Sinus said:

I was bored... so I made a (somewhat style-fitting) big boobs icon for SirCarcass mod above and an empty congenital base version (if someone wants to mess with other traits).

big_boobs.png.75ed584868fe999a18f6a153a0346260.pngpositive_congenital_base.png.f58d22ce7f7f02d173c31d6278bcbac6.png

the big_boobs.dds should go into your mod folder > .../gfx/interace/icons/traits/

big_boobs_and_congenital_base_dds_files.7z 39.19 kB · 4 downloads

I feel like I'm going insane, I can't find any downloads related to what SirCarcass's been saying is there a mod download somewhere?