1 hour ago, Zores said:

Ok, trying to change breast size and body types. Good news - you can simply change female_bs_body_breast_size_2_max.mesh to increase maximum of breast size then a char generating. It's all.

Hide contents

You can get something like this ?

tit1.png.9c26c35f7e9088e5961bf549cf4bd6c4.png

Now bad news - first, the models have limited number of the vertexes, and a simple increase in their number broke the characters. So I can't find normal way to create the smooth high-poly models.  Second, it will only work on nude models. For clothes there is file female_bs_body_breast_size_max.mesh, but breasts will be collide with clothes and shown above it. Same with body types, for example female_bs_body_shape_hourglass.mesh, body will be shown above. The reason is in the clothes - it have predicate model and the each clothes have it own breast_size_max.mesh. So, to create females with bigger breast or male/female with different body sizes, it is necessary to modify each clothes separately. Only for women there is more than 40 types of the clothes, so this is very complex task.

Are you sure they didnt break from uv missplace or weight painting?

checking paradox forums seems to imply theres a max vertex count rule for body morphs, when the same doesnt aplly to clothes. Well you could create it as a cloth/prop. Or perhaps that “rule” isnt actually a limitation, but the way the meshes behave with the new vertices having no similar vertex groups from the default body mesh. Its possible to import the new bodymesh with its own rig? Or vertex group?

When making a new trait, where does the icon reference go?

Spoiler

icon = {
        first_valid = {
            triggered_desc = {
                trigger = { NOT = { exists = this } }
                desc = "gfx/interface/icons/traits/rapist.dds"
            }
            desc = "gfx/interface/icons/traits/rapist.dds"
        }
    }

is it part of the traits file or is there a separate folder ( in CK2 it was in the interface folder)?

An other question, what does the index = xxx in the traits file refer to ? For now I have just picked a number avoiding the ones already in use, but I have no clue what it is supposed to do (dna?)

Finally the traits icon is now a dds file 124x124 pixels. I used one from CK2 which I converted from tga to dds but it turns out purple in game.

Anybody got a way to decompress saves?

I noticed that autosaves are archives not unlike how saves function in Stellaris for example, while other saves are already unpacked, but they are all compressed regardless so I can only get the gist of it and definitely not edit any values proper without risking to completely bork the save.

25 minutes ago, joemann said:

An other question, what does the index = xxx in the traits file refer to ? For now I have just picked a number avoiding the ones already in use, but I have no clue what it is supposed to do (dna?)

The index is used in save games. It's an integer between 1 and 2147483647. Expect mod conflicts, basically, and don't pick too low a number even if the game annoys you with "index has a large gap!" in the error log.

21 hours ago, torg16 said:

Sorry to be an idiot, but I'm brand new to modding. Where did you define the morph template? In the trait file, or somewhere else?b

Same question for this, the third part.

Spoiler

visual_traits_tits = {
	usage = game

ct_tiny_tits = {
        dna_modifiers = {
            morph = {
			    mode = add

gene = ct_bs_bust
				template = bust_tiny_tits
				value = 1.0
            }
        }

weight = {
			base = 0
			modifier = {
				add = 100
				has_trait = ct_tiny_tits
			}
        }
    }
}

3 hours ago, Zores said:

Ok, trying to change breast size and body types. Good news - you can simply change female_bs_body_breast_size_2_max.mesh to increase maximum of breast size then a char generating. It's all.

Reveal hidden contents

You can get something like this ?

tit1.png.9c26c35f7e9088e5961bf549cf4bd6c4.png

Now bad news - first, the models have limited number of the vertexes, and a simple increase in their number broke the characters. So I can't find normal way to create the smooth high-poly models.  Second, it will only work on nude models. For clothes there is file female_bs_body_breast_size_max.mesh, but breasts will be collide with clothes and shown above it. Same with body types, for example female_bs_body_shape_hourglass.mesh, body will be shown above. The reason is in the clothes - it have predicate model and the each clothes have it own breast_size_max.mesh. So, to create females with bigger breast or male/female with different body sizes, it is necessary to modify each clothes separately. Only for women there is more than 40 types of the clothes, so this is very complex task.

For the vertexes breaking characters:
That's actually less an issue with the game, and more a fundamental issue with 3d models.
The game engine doesn't keep track of the vertex index array used by the morphs in a way that lets it account for you changing the model, nor does it have the tools to remap them to a new one. 
If you were to swap out the mesh with a higher poly model -and- updated all the morphs the game uses to use that new mesh, then it would work instead of 'breaking' the characters.

It's just that even taking the base model, smoothing it to add polygons, then readding it to the game is going to break the vertex ID array, and thus break the morphs the game is trying to apply. You have to update all the morphs to support the new mesh.
I guess a faster way to do that would be
Load up mesh, load up/add all the morphs the game uses, then smooth the mesh, then export all the morphs again and override -all- the default ones with ones made from your custom mesh.

It's... a decent chunk of work.

2 hours ago, jipad said:

Are you sure they didnt break from uv missplace or weight painting?

checking paradox forums seems to imply theres a max vertex count rule for body morphs, when the same doesnt aplly to clothes. Well you could create it as a cloth/prop. Or perhaps that “rule” isnt actually a limitation, but the way the meshes behave with the new vertices having no similar vertex groups from the default body mesh. Its possible to import the new bodymesh with its own rig? Or vertex group?

The way I think it works is like this: the characters have a default mesh (like female_body.mesh) as well as a series of meshes called blendshapes. The blendshapes are all based off of the default mesh, but with some specific modification added. So there's female_bs_body_breast_size_max.mesh which is just like the default mesh, but with the breasts at max size. As the breast size attribute on a character goes up, the game moves the vertices in the default mesh closer to the positions in the blendshape, until the vertices entirely match the blendshape and not the default mesh (there are multiple blendshapes applied at a time, and I think it takes some weighted average of them).

A consequence of this is that all blendshapes have to have the exact same vertices as the default mesh, or the game freaks out because it doesn't know which vertices to move where. When I added labia to the female model, I couldn't add new vertices to make it higher fidelity. I had to just move around the vertices that were already there.

This is why in an earlier post I said penises will probably work better as accessories (like beards). I think it will be easier to clip on a separate model than to try to work with the polygons that are there.

5 minutes ago, Darkkick said:

For the vertexes breaking characters:
That's actually less an issue with the game, and more a fundamental issue with 3d models.
The game engine doesn't keep track of the vertex index array used by the morphs in a way that lets it account for you changing the model, nor does it have the tools to remap them to a new one. 
If you were to swap out the mesh with a higher poly model -and- updated all the morphs the game uses to use that new mesh, then it would work instead of 'breaking' the characters.

It's just that even taking the base model, smoothing it to add polygons, then readding it to the game is going to break the vertex ID array, and thus break the morphs the game is trying to apply. You have to update all the morphs to support the new mesh.
I guess a faster way to do that would be
Load up mesh, load up/add all the morphs the game uses, then smooth the mesh, then export all the morphs again and override -all- the default ones with ones made from your custom mesh.

It's... a decent chunk of work.

So, theoretically, could we create a mod that consist of the base model mesh with high poly count, with morphs already adapted to it, for the sole purpose of future modding possibilities? like a community standard.

9 minutes ago, WaffleIron said:

The way I think it works is like this: the characters have a default mesh (like female_body.mesh) as well as a series of meshes called blendshapes. The blendshapes are all based off of the default mesh, but with some specific modification added. So there's female_bs_body_breast_size_max.mesh which is just like the default mesh, but with the breasts at max size. As the breast size attribute on a character goes up, the game moves the vertices in the default mesh closer to the positions in the blendshape, until the vertices entirely match the blendshape and not the default mesh (there are multiple blendshapes applied at a time, and I think it takes some weighted average of them).

A consequence of this is that all blendshapes have to have the exact same vertices as the default mesh, or the game freaks out because it doesn't know which vertices to move where. When I added labia to the female model, I couldn't add new vertices to make it higher fidelity. I had to just move around the vertices that were already there.

This is why in an earlier post I said penises will probably work better as accessories (like beards). I think it will be easier to clip on a separate model than to try to work with the polygons that are there.

but would be possible to link that penis as a genetic trait?

7 minutes ago, jipad said:

but would be possible to link that penis as a genetic trait?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it would be, similar to how beards are currently.

Edit: Actually you could probably copy-paste a lot of the beard code, because you probably only want penises popping in at adulthood like beards do.

Hi, Im planning on making a small framework mod for fetishes to use for future modding. I'm not sure if i should make the varying fetishes via modifiers or traits. I know that in CK2 traits were the name of the game, and while I didn't completely hate the trait spam, the new character sheet is making me worried on filling up the trait area of the sheet.

There are pros and cons to each system:

Modifiers: Wont clutter up the trait screen, but requires custom UI stuff to inspect them and the effects for the fetishes is limited.

Traits: Piss easy to add, and there is way more options for effects on the fetishes. However, will clutter up the trait screen, and because I was planning on basically making soft and hard fetishes, where essentially the more degenerate stuff is bound to the deviant trait (this way all the intrigue stuff is pretty much handled) and I'm not sure on the viability of making essentially "sub traits".

2 hours ago, jipad said:

So, theoretically, could we create a mod that consist of the base model mesh with high poly count, with morphs already adapted to it, for the sole purpose of future modding possibilities? like a community standard.

Correct, and it also means there won't be any compatability in regards to morphs between different custom bodies though, if people make different standards.
Thankfully if all one is doing is just 'take base mesh, smooth, reimport' to get around stuff like low-poly boobs, then atleast it's pretty easy to do and maintain.
Technically I don't think you need to update clothes for them either, since if you're just smoothing the base mesh it should have the same silhouette.

7 minutes ago, Nak'kivene said:

Hi, Im planning on making a small framework of fetish mods to use for future modding. I'm not sure if i should make the varying fetishes via modifiers or traits. I know that in CK2 traits were the name of the game, and while I didn't completely hate the trait spam, the new character sheet is making me worried on filling up the trait area of the sheet.

There are pros and cons to each system:

Modifiers: Wont clutter up the trait screen, but requires custom UI stuff to inspect them and the effects for the fetishes is limited.

Traits: Piss easy to add, and the way more options for effects on the fetishes. However, will clutter up the trait screen, and because I was planning on basically making soft and hard fetishes, where essentially the more degenerate stuff is bound to the deviant trait (this way all the intrigue stuff is pretty much handled) and I'm not sure on the viability of making essentially "sub traits".

CK3 modding has support for adding entirely new UI and etc, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible to just add hidden traits and modifiers that you can check out in a separate sex-ui, instead of cluttering up the primary ui with 10 different specific fetish traits and modifiers. 

Also mods like the Vampire one shows that adding new lifestyles and etc is very possible, so some types of sex traits could be moved into that system as well.
(I guess the primary drawback there is how easy it is to reference lifestyle perks instead of traits in events etc. Since if you need to add in half a page of 'check for perkX, perkY' into events to check if you have various perks. Or if you can have events proc based on them / have events give you specific perks directly.
If events have the ability to give you a perk directly then you could offload a lot of traits into a single lifestyle menu, for example.)

Events can also feed xp into specific lifestyles, so it could be possible to say, add a BDSM lifestyle that you get points in, even without it being the primary.
(Though I dunno if you can select perks in a tree you're not focused in, but I imagine that's something that might be possible to adjust with mods.)

7 minutes ago, Darkkick said:

CK3 modding has support for adding entirely new UI and etc, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's possible to just add hidden traits and modifiers that you can check out in a separate sex-ui, instead of cluttering up the primary ui with 10 different specific fetish traits and modifiers. 

Also mods like the Vampire one shows that adding new lifestyles and etc is very possible, so some types of sex traits could be moved into that system as well.
(I guess the primary drawback there is how easy it is to reference lifestyle perks instead of traits in events etc. Since if you need to add in half a page of 'check for perkX, perkY' into events to check if you have various perks. Or if you can have events proc based on them / have events give you specific perks directly.
If events have the ability to give you a perk directly then you could offload a lot of traits into a single lifestyle menu, for example.)

Events can also feed xp into specific lifestyles, so it could be possible to say, add a BDSM lifestyle that you get points in, even without it being the primary.
(Though I dunno if you can select perks in a tree you're not focused in, but I imagine that's something that might be possible to adjust with mods.)

Yes, I was looking into UI stuff, but Im not sure if the game lets you add a completely new systems. Creating a system for checking your fetishes would be pretty easy, but actually tracking the fetishes is teh problem I ran into.

5 minutes ago, JosephShin said:

I'm not a modder, just want to ask something. Is it possible to create animations for events, something like a mod that allows you to have sex with your spouse or lovers with animated scenes? I have high expectations for the future of this game, wanna know if they're grounded.

Creating and triggering animations is easy enough. Adding them is a problem though. So far, I didn't find a way to add them without overwriting the whole mesh file they apply to. Which means kiss any cross-mod compatibility goodbye, because only one of them will get to add their animations and/or modify meshes.

29 minutes ago, JosephShin said:

I'm not a modder, just want to ask something. Is it possible to create animations for events, something like a mod that allows you to have sex with your spouse or lovers with animated scenes? I have high expectations for the future of this game, wanna know if they're grounded.

Yes, the hard part is more making the animations and actually lining them up. As well as stuff like camera positions and etc, since the system is just designed for 'run animation 1 on left char, animation 2 on right char.' The fact that the game has giants and dwarves etc does throw a wrench into things, however.

By positioning I mean 2 different things
1: The portrait system right now is designed to load 1 character on the left, 1 on the right, etc. 
If you were making animations you'd either need a way to override where the characters get placed, or set up the animations with a root offset.
(So that while character A is on the left, and B is on the right, the animations position them in the middle instead.)

2: Character positioning due to size, which is a problem a lot of people run into in games like skyrim, made a lot worse if the scale/size of characters is different. 
Have a giant play a blowjob on a normal sized character and instead of sucking his dick they might be knocking their head into his stomach instead.
The game of course has no kind of system to dynamically run IK to reposiiton the characters, since the vanilla animations are never intended to interact directly.
So you'd either need to lock all characters to the same size for sex (aka resetting the scale temporarily in skyrim.) which is a bit dull, especially  if you like size difference.

Or you'd need to have multiple retargeted animations for different body size combinations (wildly impractical, even if you had only 3 body sizes total that would mean 9 variations for each animation.) (and made worse by the fact that you need to load the animations through the event script, so it would balloon up script size per event.)
The ideal would be if it were possible to slap in a full body IK solver, but I suspect that's just not possible at all, due to how modders don't have access to change any actual -programming- in the game. 

Just locking it down to only using 1 standardized body size for animations is the easiest approach, but also the least appealing one.
But I unfortunately can't really imagine any good way to solve it, barring people setting up macros/scripts to auto-add the combinations to scripts, and automating the retargeting for animation export, so that an animator can set up the rig for 1 animation, then have it export the small/med/large/huge combinations, but it would be a lot of work regardless.

TL;DR: Adding animations is the easier part, the issue is that the body size difference is very hard to work around when there aren't any tools to retarget the animations.
It's not an issue for Paradox, because their animations don't need to line up with eachother. For sex anims however, that part is critical.

21 minutes ago, Darkkick said:
Spoiler

Yes, the hard part is more making the animations and actually lining them up. As well as stuff like camera positions and etc, since the system is just designed for 'run animation 1 on left char, animation 2 on right char.' The fact that the game has giants and dwarves etc does throw a wrench into things, however.

By positioning I mean 2 different things
1: The portrait system right now is designed to load 1 character on the left, 1 on the right, etc. 
If you were making animations you'd either need a way to override where the characters get placed, or set up the animations with a root offset.
(So that while character A is on the left, and B is on the right, the animations position them in the middle instead.)

2: Character positioning due to size, which is a problem a lot of people run into in games like skyrim, made a lot worse if the scale/size of characters is different. 
Have a giant play a blowjob on a normal sized character and instead of sucking his dick they might be knocking their head into his stomach instead.
The game of course has no kind of system to dynamically run IK to reposiiton the characters, since the vanilla animations are never intended to interact directly.
So you'd either need to lock all characters to the same size for sex (aka resetting the scale temporarily in skyrim.) which is a bit dull, especially  if you like size difference.

Or you'd need to have multiple retargeted animations for different body size combinations (wildly impractical, even if you had only 3 body sizes total that would mean 9 variations for each animation.) (and made worse by the fact that you need to load the animations through the event script, so it would balloon up script size per event.)
The ideal would be if it were possible to slap in a full body IK solver, but I suspect that's just not possible at all, due to how modders don't have access to change any actual -programming- in the game. 

Just locking it down to only using 1 standardized body size for animations is the easiest approach, but also the least appealing one.
But I unfortunately can't really imagine any good way to solve it, barring people setting up macros/scripts to auto-add the combinations to scripts, and automating the retargeting for animation export, so that an animator can set up the rig for 1 animation, then have it export the small/med/large/huge combinations, but it would be a lot of work regardless.

TL;DR: Adding animations is the easier part, the issue is that the body size difference is very hard to work around when there aren't any tools to retarget the animations.
It's not an issue for Paradox, because their animations don't need to line up with eachother. For sex anims however, that part is critical.

Thanks for the long explanation !

38 minutes ago, Khadir said:

Creating and triggering animations is easy enough. Adding them is a problem though. So far, I didn't find a way to add them without overwriting the whole mesh file they apply to. Which means kiss any cross-mod compatibility goodbye, because only one of them will get to add their animations and/or modify meshes.

Well , that's unfortunate. 

2 hours ago, Darkkick said:

I could see a new lifestyle choice not linked to a specific stat; "sexlife" or something similar. You would not be able to select it as your focused lifestyle, but rather sexual events could feed it experience to level up as you have sexual interactions. Different branches of the lifestyle representing different fetishes with their own perks. I know you can be granted free perks from trees that you are not focusing so if experience is not plausible you could grant full perk points instead. This would integrate in the existing mechanics and allow you to run in parallel with the base game and avoid overwriting things.

Can anyone help me understand best practices for using On_Actions?  For "from code" On_Actions like on_character_faith_changed, can you inject new events to be run without having to repeat all the existing ones?  If I add a new on actions file and include the on_character_faith_changed on action, and only specify my new event, can I make that appended to the existing events, or do I need to call each of the events from the original on action?

Trying to maximize compatibility, but having trouble testing conclusively (fairly new to event modding in paradox games).

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the blendshapes system.  Does anyone have any insight on how the DNA system works in regards to clothing?  Using the Portrait Editor, sometimes if I change the bust DNA to a larger size, the clothing mesh doesn't deform far enough out and they clip through quite a bit.  There's a gene for bust_clothes that I feel is related, but I can't figure out how.  I'm making a similar thing to dullman with a large breasts genetic trait.  It maxes out whatever breastshape gene they have and seems to work correctly, but the clothes don't adjust with it and they just clip through.

3 minutes ago, SirCarcass said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the blendshapes system.  Does anyone have any insight on how the DNA system works in regards to clothing?  Using the Portrait Editor, sometimes if I change the bust DNA to a larger size, the clothing mesh doesn't deform far enough out and they clip through quite a bit.  There's a gene for bust_clothes that I feel is related, but I can't figure out how.  I'm making a similar thing to dullman with a large breasts genetic trait.  It maxes out whatever breastshape gene they have and seems to work correctly, but the clothes don't adjust with it and they just clip through.

From what I can tell, bust_cloths squishes the character's body to keep parts of them from clipping in exactly the circumstances you're describing. Don't know exactly how to set it properly though. Have you tried looking at how a character with that trait looks like outside of the portrait editor? It might be that it's just the editor that is buggy.