Not really LL related, but does anyone know if the Calendar is hardcoded? Say if I wanted to work on a mod for a specific setting that had longer natural years, could I change the names of the months, and add days to them? If so, would characters still age at their normal rate, or only when they hit their birthday, regardless of how many days passed between birthdays?

10 minutes ago, MasterQuinn said:

Not really LL related, but does anyone know if the Calendar is hardcoded?

Yes.

It was even answered in one of the dev diaries leading up to the release. Sadly it's not a priority for them right now, so all you can do is rename the months via translation files.

1 hour ago, Khadir said:

Yes.

It was even answered in one of the dev diaries leading up to the release. Sadly it's not a priority for them right now, so all you can do is rename the months via translation files.

Damn. Hope they eventually open that up to modders.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if there is like a 'character viewer' window, where I can see the full body portrait of a character in game, like is shown on the Main Menu screen?

36 minutes ago, MasterQuinn said:

Damn. Hope they  eventually open that up to modders.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if there is like a 'character viewer' window, where I can see the full body portrait of a character in game, like is shown on the Main Menu screen?

Pretty sure there isn't, unless I missed something. I think your best bet is to make an event popup that you can easily trigger- I was planning on making something like that myself. I would love to be corrected, though.

1 hour ago, MasterQuinn said:

Also, does anyone know if there is like a 'character viewer' window, where I can see the full body portrait of a character in game, like is shown on the Main Menu screen?

Well, you can find the character's DNA in a save file, open the portrait viewer, paste the DNA in there, then open the 3D view. You can zoom with the mouse wheel, rotate by holding the left mouse button and pan by holding the right mouse button.

For example, one of the predefined rulers, Vratislav II of Bohemia, has the DNA string ...

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

... so copy that, paste, adjust age, and you have the guy. You can even gender-bend him!

VratislavII.png

12 minutes ago, MasterQuinn said:

Where would one find that, exactly?

Also, the fact that the DNA can be gender-bent might prove useful to some 'dark magic' mods in the future...

You have to set the game to debug mode in the launch options.

Right click CK3 in Steam -> properties -> set launch options and enter "-debug_mode"

Hit ` ingame and there should be a portrait viewer button in the console (worth noting it wasn't really working right for me though)

1 hour ago, Caffey said:

You have to set the game to debug mode in the launch options.

Right click CK3 in Steam -> properties -> set launch options and enter "-debug_mode"

Hit ` ingame and there should be a portrait viewer button in the console (worth noting it wasn't really working right for me though)

If you also add in -develop after the debug_mod call you can actually modify it in the game to build what you exactly want.

4 hours ago, MasterQuinn said:

does anyone know if there is like a 'character viewer' window, where I can see the full body portrait of a character in game, like is shown on the Main Menu screen?

You inspired me to make this mod that gives you a better view of characters naked and also let's you remove clothes from any adult female in the world.

5 hours ago, dullman said:

So I decided to try ck3 modding and tested few possibilities for genes being bound to sliders (e.g. bust of characters) and it is quite possible although we need bigger sliders (and better models)

Yeah the sliders seem pretty limited. I'm pretty sure I've tried most combinations of settings at this point for the bust size/shape gene (gene_bs_bust), and none of them have led to anything particularly interesting, no matter how much I messed with the values I tried to feed it. I think most of us expected the vanilla tools for messing with the 3d portraits to be lacking, though.

For reference, here is what things look like with 2 of the templates set to max values:

bust_shape_3_full

Spoiler

shape_3_full.png.c87e8768cc1f83b00894ce2724da14c1.png

1231971863_shape_3_full2.png.1efadec5f07aa1625b40cd5643a08c2b.png

261228250_shape_3_fullmain_menu.thumb.png.0dd0a46455a6694193f132cd1cb22e2f.png

bust_shape_4_full

Spoiler

shape_4_full.png.31b87df52eeca231df28a57466198d64.png

4147245_shape_4_full2.png.5140df4d4999619359d52b0dc3ad6105.png

1314661837_shape_4_fullmain_menu.thumb.png.6f79e87e75595921d1c0515758c4213e.png

6 hours ago, dullman said:

So I decided to try ck3 modding and tested few possibilities for genes being bound to sliders (e.g. bust of characters) and it is quite possible although we need bigger sliders (and better models)

232106585_LargeTits.JPG.38ac02032eeb4aacb0f66a5c04c42ac9.JPG1758129855_TinyTits.JPG.97e9492ce8983e9ed9afe6c4d9815c34.JPGGigantic_Tits.JPG.d0a82ac7e5d9092b0a60056e355db6b9.JPG

Wait, so you CAN bind breast size to a trait?

Can you give me the info for that? I need max bust shape 4 dynasty ASAP

1 hour ago, Sylandras said:

So this is a thing

ENBK8Ln.png

What I'm trying to figure out is does the -50% inbreeding chance hurt the chances of spreading beautiful/strong/smart congenital traits? I assume not.

Also, if anyone wants to follow along with portrait modding, this person seems to know his shit. In there, I also figured out how to do all the persistent DNA and DNA strings. Character 3D modeling is still insanely new to me, so I won't be doing anything with Maya/Blender for a while, but I'm hoping in Maya/Blender maybe we can important pre-existing art assets people have done outside of CKIII and just plug them into the game? Does anyone know how doable that is?

22 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

(...) maybe we can important pre-existing art assets people have done outside of CKIII and just plug them into the game? Does anyone know how doable that is?

In terms of actual 3D work, it's just a few steps:

* Import the asset (takes a few seconds)

* Import an existing asset that best corresponds to what you're trying to do (seconds)

* Delete the CK3 mesh and position/rotate/scale your asset so it matches (seconds to minutes, depending on how precise you want to be)

* Make sure textures match the CK3 format (seconds to minutes, depends on the asset)

* Link the CK3 armature to the asset and delete any that came with the asset while you're at it (seconds)

* Paint CK3's vertex group/armature weights on the asset (minutes to hours, depends on the complexity and precision needed; seconds for non-morphing accessories)

* Export (seconds)

... and then comes the usual "bring it to the game, test, tweak" loop which can take a lot of time itself.

I expect we'll see the usual Korean MMO clothes conversions by the end of the month.