9 hours ago, Sinus said:

I was bored... so I made a (somewhat style-fitting) big boobs icon for SirCarcass mod above and an empty congenital base version (if someone wants to mess with other traits).

big_boobs.png.75ed584868fe999a18f6a153a0346260.pngpositive_congenital_base.png.f58d22ce7f7f02d173c31d6278bcbac6.png

the big_boobs.dds should go into your mod folder > .../gfx/interace/icons/traits/

big_boobs_and_congenital_base_dds_files.7z 39.19 kB · 6 downloads

That's way better than what I could cobble together.

If you don't mind, I'll see if I can use that and package up a version of the mod by itself to download for those that can't or don't want to put it together themselves.  The mod I created isn't congenital, so anyone that has it has a 50% chance to pass it on and people have a 10% chance of spontaneously being born with it.  I didn't do congenital because I wasn't sure how it would work with males since I don't completely understand the system yet.  Visually the mod seems to work great, though.  It doesn't play nice with the Nude Inspect Mod since that doesn't apply any visual traits, but it does work with the remove clothes portion of that mod, and it works great with the Fullscreen Barbershop mod on the Workshop.

2 hours ago, SirCarcass said:

That's way better than what I could cobble together.

If you don't mind, I'll see if I can use that and package up a version of the mod by itself to download for those that can't or don't want to put it together themselves.  The mod I created isn't congenital, so anyone that has it has a 50% chance to pass it on and people have a 10% chance of spontaneously being born with it.  I didn't do congenital because I wasn't sure how it would work with males since I don't completely understand the system yet.  Visually the mod seems to work great, though.  It doesn't play nice with the Nude Inspect Mod since that doesn't apply any visual traits, but it does work with the remove clothes portion of that mod, and it works great with the Fullscreen Barbershop mod on the Workshop.

Thanks and feel free to use it.

As for congenital or not: 50% chance to pass it on is congenital by definition... no matter the system how it happens. Your way is very similar to how CK2 handled some congenital traits (haven't looked into CK3 code much yet).

On 9/4/2020 at 8:29 AM, WaffleIron said:

The way I think it works is like this: the characters have a default mesh (like female_body.mesh) as well as a series of meshes called blendshapes. The blendshapes are all based off of the default mesh, but with some specific modification added. So there's female_bs_body_breast_size_max.mesh which is just like the default mesh, but with the breasts at max size. As the breast size attribute on a character goes up, the game moves the vertices in the default mesh closer to the positions in the blendshape, until the vertices entirely match the blendshape and not the default mesh (there are multiple blendshapes applied at a time, and I think it takes some weighted average of them).

A consequence of this is that all blendshapes have to have the exact same vertices as the default mesh, or the game freaks out because it doesn't know which vertices to move where. When I added labia to the female model, I couldn't add new vertices to make it higher fidelity. I had to just move around the vertices that were already there.

This is why in an earlier post I said penises will probably work better as accessories (like beards). I think it will be easier to clip on a separate model than to try to work with the polygons that are there.

so could labia in theory also be ‘accessories’? 

1 hour ago, Sinus said:

Thanks and feel free to use it.

As for congenital or not: 50% chance to pass it on is congenital by definition... no matter the system how it happens. Your way is very similar to how CK2 handled some congenital traits (haven't looked into CK3 code much yet).

Awesome, thank you!

This is what the info file says about the genetic flag:

# If set to yes (no by default), the inheritance will follow the following rules: The trait can be inactive. Children can inherit the trait from both active and inactive parent traits.
# An active trait is inherited with 100% chance, an inactive trait with a 50% chance. If the trait is successfully inherited from both parents, it becomes active.
# If it's inherited only from one parent, it's inactive.

2 hours ago, bobgasyon said:

so could labia in theory also be ‘accessories’? 

Maybe? The difficulty is that labia likely want to go _in_ to the model, which you need a blendshape for. You would likely get pretty bad clipping issues. If you wanted to support multiple labia shapes though, you could make multiple blendshapes, and have a gene template to determine which one is applied (or mix them!). The method I use in my mod is simpler than that (see the name), but there's a lot more that could be done with the genetic system to support different shapes or pubic hair textures.

29 minutes ago, WaffleIron said:

Maybe? The difficulty is that labia likely want to go _in_ to the model, which you need a blendshape for. You would likely get pretty bad clipping issues. If you wanted to support multiple labia shapes though, you could make multiple blendshapes, and have a gene template to determine which one is applied (or mix them!). The method I use in my mod is simpler than that (see the name), but there's a lot more that could be done with the genetic system to support different shapes or pubic hair textures.

i see! I know nothing about programming or modding or modeling but that’s interesting to note, esp if someone with that knowledge was going to do that for their own mod. 

I wonder if Paradox would be willing to make the aforementioned ‘bones’ to make modded body parts easier later on, either through update or dlc

44 minutes ago, bobgasyon said:

i see! I know nothing about programming or modding or modeling but that’s interesting to note, esp if someone with that knowledge was going to do that for their own mod. 

I wonder if Paradox would be willing to make the aforementioned ‘bones’ to make modded body parts easier later on, either through update or dlc

When was the last time modders (for example in Skyrim) needed official support for things like that?

16 hours ago, bobgasyon said:

idk lol. I suppose it’s only a matter of time until there are workarounds

It has little to do with "workarounds". Preliminary examination of models suggests the need for a rework of all body models to get any increase in their functionality.

2 hours ago, WaffleIron said:

I don't want to spam this link, but I thought people might be interested in seeing a post I made about in-game gay marriages here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/legalize-gay-modding.1419274/page-3#post-26883010

I support ya and you're getting a lot of support on the official forums for this. I'm surprised you didn't ask about third genders like futas and pregnancy. :)

3 hours ago, SamIAmHam said:

I support ya and you're getting a lot of support on the official forums for this. I'm surprised you didn't ask about third genders like futas and pregnancy. :)

Gender seems to be a single bit (0 or 1 / false or true) in memory, so changing it to an enumeration field would actually be quite more work for Paradox than just recreating set_gender.

7 minutes ago, Khadir said:

Gender seems to be a single bit (0 or 1 / false or true) in memory, so changing it to an enumeration field would actually be quite more work for Paradox than just recreating set_gender.

True, but one could hope there's a solution to it. I'm thinking female body with a penis and vagina for futa.

I am a noob in 3D modeling and I am not even sure this is a modeling question,: I would like to be able to pivot the characters in the event window (so that you can see them from behind as well) Given that the models are 3D and that the mesh already seems to exist and the clothing decals also include the back, do i still need to use a tool like blender to pivot the characters and if not what files need to be modded to turn the character_portrait 180 degrees?

11 minutes ago, joemann said:

I am a noob in 3D modeling and I am not even sure this is a modeling question,: I would like to be able to pivot the characters in the event window (so that you can see them from behind as well) Given that the models are 3D and that the mesh already seems to exist and the clothing decals also include the back, do i still need to use a tool like blender to pivot the characters and if not what files need to be modded to turn the character_portrait 180 degrees?

i dont think its about moddeling, but GUI iltself, you would have to mod it by script, assuming the game support that level of customization.

1 hour ago, joemann said:

I'm pretty sure one of the undress/nude mods on Steam Workshop gave you the decision to rotat E a character by 180 degrees after undressing them. If you want to learn more about the subject, I'd suggest dissecting that mod.

2 hours ago, Anonymous said:

I'm pretty sure one of the undress/nude mods on Steam Workshop gave you the decision to rotat E a character by 180 degrees after undressing them. If you want to learn more about the subject, I'd suggest dissecting that mod.

Do you remember which one, I have looked on steam but can't find one. Most of them are on this site but none of the go for 180 degrees. Thanks for your help.

3 hours ago, Anonymous said:

You may be recalling that Nude Inspect has an option with text like "turn around," but it's a flavor thing in that mod. Unless someone has already put custom animations into the game (which I have yet to see), all of the vanilla animations are forward-facing.

31 minutes ago, Caffey said:

You may be recalling that Nude Inspect has an option with text like "turn around," but it's a flavor thing in that mod. Unless someone has already put custom animations into the game (which I have yet to see), all of the vanilla animations are forward-facing.

That seems... pretty pointless then.

Although I do think there's a script function that flips animations somehow, since if you inspect different idle animations they all face the same way, but they are flipped just fine in events.