37 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

That seems... pretty pointless then.

Although I do think there's a script function that flips animations somehow, since if you inspect different idle animations they all face the same way, but they are flipped just fine in events.

But it's only left, right or center. Never a 180turn. I agree it should be simple. What bugs me is that I really don't understand how all these files interact so I don't know where to start ?

11 minutes ago, joemann said:

But it's only left, right or center. Never a 180turn. I agree it should be simple. What bugs me is that I really don't understand how all these files interact so I don't know where to start ?

You start in gfx/models/portraits/*_body

Create a new "animation" for the rotated position, save it as an anim file, and add it to the asset file.

That's about how far I've gotten so far. You can force a character to use a specific animation in the event with something like left_portrait = { character = scope:recipient animation = your_anim }

39 minutes ago, Khadir said:

You start in gfx/models/portraits/*_body

Create a new "animation" for the rotated position, save it as an anim file, and add it to the asset file.

That's about how far I've gotten so far. You can force a character to use a specific animation in the event with something like left_portrait = { character = scope:recipient animation = your_anim }

I've looked at these files and I understand what you are saying ( I think ). However, where is the content of the animation you create ( in this case the back to front position ) defined?

I can give the animation a name and use the name to trigger it in an event but how does the engine know that it should pivot the character? I suspect it also needs a blendshape in the right position and then we are back to modelling again ?

2 hours ago, bobsaget5 said:

You can set up new camera angles/rotations in gfx\portraits\cameras\portrait_cameras.txt

Looked promising. I tried adding a new camera view to my mod changing some of the values. But regardless of where I make the changes (in a separate mod file or directly in the vanilla game file) the result is always that all or some of the character portraits disappear from the game. So it definitely has an effect on what you see in game, I just don't know how to use it.

45 minutes ago, Syphax1986 said:

I noticed that there's a difference between is_adult and another adult setting somewhere in the game. When someone turns 16 they're considered adult but their portrait only shows some of the is_adult triggers when they turn 18. 

`portraitsettings.txt` sets children and adults to use different assets.  The age the switch happens at is `PORTRAIT_FEMALE_ADULT_AGE` in `00_defines.txt`.

1 hour ago, namedoesntmatter said:

`portraitsettings.txt` sets children and adults to use different assets.  The age the switch happens at is `PORTRAIT_FEMALE_ADULT_AGE` in `00_defines.txt`.

Ah right, I guess this is to prevent characters under the age of 18 to be affected by the SHOULD_BE_NAKED trigger? Makes sense now that I looked into it. 

On 9/6/2020 at 6:22 PM, SirCarcass said:

BigBoobsTrait.zip 35.28 kB · 85 downloads

Unzip mod to your Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod folder.

If you want to tweak the values the trait has, you can edit BigBoobs\common\traits\BB_traits.txt

Hey dude, mod works great, amazing stuff. Only issue is making them so big basically clips through arms on some poses or makes some clothes look really bad. Is there a way to tone down the values slightly in the files somehow?

9 minutes ago, DarksideRevan said:

Hey dude, mod works great, amazing stuff. Only issue is making them so big basically clips through arms on some poses or makes some clothes look really bad. Is there a way to tone down the values slightly in the files somehow?

this happens already in game with any male clothing on women at all. Can’t really be avoided 

57 minutes ago, jipad said:

its possible to mod portraitsettings.txt? no matter what i write it ends up bugging the models.

This'll be in the next version of my mod, but it's really simple to package in a standalone.  You can just create a file in common/defines/ named whatever you want, with the text

NPortrait = {
    PORTRAIT_FEMALE_ADULT_AGE = 16
}

4 hours ago, Syphax1986 said:

Ah right, I guess this is to prevent characters under the age of 18 to be affected by the SHOULD_BE_NAKED trigger? Makes sense now that I looked into it. 

No the SHOULD_BE_NAKED trigger is what tells the game whether a character should be naked or not.  There's a check inside it that makes it always return "no" for children.  If you delete that then the game will know when minors should be naked, but there's another check in 05_genes_special_accessories_clothes.txt that makes it so they always have clothes regardless.  If you delete that too then you'll be able to actually see the child textures which are the same as the adult textures but with gray underwear painted on. 

On 9/8/2020 at 12:52 AM, WaffleIron said:

I don't want to spam this link, but I thought people might be interested in seeing a post I made about in-game gay marriages here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/legalize-gay-modding.1419274/page-3#post-26883010

Wow, is the thread active. Right now it seems to be the second-largest one on that forum behind "Modding quick questions and answers!" (which in its current state should really be renamed to "Modding quick questions and no answers..."). For better or worse, this is something lots of people are passionate about, and I hope Paradox takes notice.

Is there a command to remove a character when scripting events? Working on a mod and a potential courtier is created at the beginning of it so the player can examine them, but I need one of the options to then remove that character from the game in case they're not accepted, as it would be inappropriate for them to be a wandering character.

1 hour ago, dullman said:

I have a question anyone was able to successfuly add new council position with displaying it in gui?? I ask because error.log does not display anything worth besides that it seems gui not know about new council position

You'll need to create a new council gui window in gui/window_council.gui- see the game files for details.

EDIT: Actually, it wasn't that bad. Near the end of that file, in type vbox_council_layout, you need to change maximumsize to be something useful (or just { -1 -1 } for autoscaling), then add a hbox for the new councilor's position.

Attached: A micro-mod which shows just that. Just a dummy councilor position therein, no localisation or effects or anything like that - only the barest minimum to make it work.

AWarmBed.zip

Found out how to rotate a character_portrait. You can do this by adapting the following file in gfx\portraits\cameras

Spoiler

camera_event_right = {
    camera = {
        position = cylindrical{ 220 0 150 } # Radius, height, angle   CHANGED THIS FROM -40 (front view) to 150 (back view)
        position_node = camera_torso_look_at

look_at = { -24 -25 0 } # L/R, U/D, F/B
        look_at_node = camera_torso_look_at
        fov = 30
        camera_near_far = { 10 400 }
    }

unknown = camera_torso
}

Changing the angle value results in the camera rotating around the scene so that you look at it from the input angle ( of a compass).

What I haven't figured out yet is if the camera can be set by event, which would be great or whether it is fixed once and for all which means we are stuck with a single camera angle for every event unless you change it manually each time.

Bohemia.png

3 hours ago, Khadir said:

You'll need to create a new council gui window in gui/window_council.gui- see the game files for details.

EDIT: Actually, it wasn't that bad. Near the end of that file, in type vbox_council_layout, you need to change maximumsize to be something useful (or just { -1 -1 } for autoscaling), then add a hbox for the new councilor's position.

Attached: A micro-mod which shows just that. Just a dummy councilor position therein, no localisation or effects or anything like that - only the barest minimum to make it work.

AWarmBed.zip 7.27 kB · 1 download

thanks for trying help but truthfully i also have this state, but when i click assign it shows list with all characters, not only ones that are valid, also it doesn't matter what i do i just can't choose anyone to council, in logs it seems like gui can't get a context for council position

56 minutes ago, dullman said:

thanks for trying help but truthfully i also have this state, but when i click assign it shows list with all characters, not only ones that are valid, also it doesn't matter what i do i just can't choose anyone to council, in logs it seems like gui can't get a context for council position

Can you share what your exact mod looks like then? It's hard to offer suggestions if we don't even know what you already did or tried.

5 minutes ago, Khadir said:

Can you share what your exact mod looks like then? It's hard to offer suggestions if we don't even know what you already did or tried.

Here you have what I have done basically the same what with your mod and both doesn't seem to work (also i copy paste steward job change name(s) and tried to refer from gui but stil it didn't work.

mod.7z

10 hours ago, torg16 said:

Is there a way to automatically have the game add certain traits to all characters of a given culture?

I'm eyeing the on_game_start and on_action stuff, but I honestly don't know how they work

potential = {

has_culture = culture.xxx }