19 hours ago, Untolddead said:

Not sure but I believe that modifying the templates would do this?

Ok I found it but I don't understand what to do. full_height and normal_height is from -1 to +1 for both male and female. I think there's a function somewhere which calculates the chance to get a certain value for a random char. I need to modify it to make higher and lower values more likely.

I think it has something to do with dna generation. When a dna string for a character is generated they get their height from it.  So far I don't see if it could be modified.

On 9/25/2020 at 10:05 PM, bunt776 said:

Change the numbers inside for adultery.0003 event

1 hour ago, hamimobe said:

I don't remember how it's called, should be AI_will_do or something like that. The higher - the more likely. Or you could just delete the option where she tells truth.

Guys, I wasn't specific enough, sorry. I want wife to lie about paternity. If she's with bastard child - she should almost always be silent about it. adultery.0003 seems to refer to having sex or romance only, right?
EDIT: Not only PCs wife. Also married lovers should lie.

21 hours ago, CobraPL said:

Guys, I wasn't specific enough, sorry. I want wife to lie about paternity. If she's with bastard child - she should almost always be silent about it. adultery.0003 seems to refer to having sex or romance only, right?
EDIT: Not only PCs wife. Also married lovers should lie.

Ah, then you want adultery.1002, which itself follows from situations where the husband suspects his wife to have the child of another, as you specified.

As @hamimobe said, you want to increase the ai_chance there. Specifically, change the options b and c: ai_chance = { base = 100 } from 100 to 500 or whatever you want it to be.

Could someone help with morphs? My giantess trait gives 100 prowess, so all of my giantesses look like bodybuilders. I don't really like that. So I wrote in the morph file (the same where I changed height and it worked):

morph = {
                    mode = modify_multiply
                    gene = gene_bs_body_shape
                    value = 0.01
                }
For some reason this isn't working. Could you please explain why? Of course, I could modify the weight file (where the code that links prowess and muscles is located), but I would prefer a less intrusive solution.

I have a question on localization. I have made a character event. I launch it in the console it works. The event window with the title and options appear correctly, but the body of the text

only shows the reference ETW.1006_desc from the  event file. It is as if it can't find the localization file.

I have put this file  ( et_war_events_l_english.yml ) in a separate  event_localization folder in the mod/localization/english folder. It is in the UTF-8 BOM format.

Did I miss anything?

1 minute ago, joemann said:

I have a question on localization. I have made a character event. I launch it in the console it works. The event window with the title and options appear correctly, but the body of the text

only shows the reference ETW.1006_desc from the  event file. It is as if it can't find the localization file.

I have put this file  ( et_war_events_l_english.yml ) in a separate  event_localization folder in the mod/localization/english folder. It is in the UTF-8 BOM format.

Did I miss anything?

Does your localization file start with l_english: ?

Try copying another localization file and change its contents.

On 10/1/2020 at 6:31 AM, hamimobe said:

Could someone help with morphs? My giantess trait gives 100 prowess, so all of my giantesses look like bodybuilders. I don't really like that. So I wrote in the morph file (the same where I changed height and it worked):

morph = {
                    mode = modify_multiply
                    value = 0.01
                }
For some reason this isn't working. Could you please explain why? Of course, I could modify the weight file (where the code that links prowess and muscles is located), but I would prefer a less intrusive solution.

I don't think portrait modifiers allow modify_multiply. You could add -1 instead to lock all giantesses to a gene_bs_body_shape value of 0.

On 9/11/2020 at 1:12 PM, crazycaitycat said:

Hey, I'm trying to work on a mod and I've got the basics done but something isn't working right and I can't figure out why.

Your namespace and event IDs don't match up. The namespace you define is dominancemod but your event IDs use dominance, e.g. dominance.0001.

On 9/22/2020 at 3:38 AM, hamimobe said:

Ok I found it but I don't understand what to do. full_height and normal_height is from -1 to +1 for both male and female. I think there's a function somewhere which calculates the chance to get a certain value for a random char. I need to modify it to make higher and lower values more likely.

The chances to get different heights are in the ethnicity files.

On 10/2/2020 at 6:55 PM, Cheri Song said:

I don't think portrait modifiers allow modify_multiply. You could add -1 instead to lock all giantesses to a gene_bs_body_shape value of 0.

Your namespace and event IDs don't match up. The namespace you define is dominancemod but your event IDs use dominance, e.g. dominance.0001.

The chances to get different heights are in the ethnicity files.

Thank you. Sadly, this didn't work, my giantesses are still bodybuildiers. This is what I wrote:

morph = {
                    mode = add
                    value = -1.0
                }
Also thank you for help with height (the fact that it is in ethnicity files). It's outside of the scope of my current mod, but it might be useful.

Update: It seems Paradox screwed this up. They wrote mode = modify in their muscle from prowess file, and it seems it overwrites any other modifiers that I try to apply. The only way to fix this is to change the base game file. They should have written mode = add, not modify.
1 hour ago, Sakhmeth said:

Out of curiosity, what specifically breaks a mod when the game updates?

There are a couple of mods on the workshop that haven't been updated, and I am curious if I can fix them for my own use.

Two possibilities:

1. Most likely cause of a mod breaking is when it changes some vanilla files. So say my mod modifies the personal interactions files, and then in the next patch Paradox also modify that file. Mod conflicts also usually happen because of this. That's why you should write your own files and try not to modify the original ones.

2. This is less likely, but even if you don't modify base game files, you still refer to them. For example you can use effects that are defined in Paradox files. If Paradox decides to change them, your mod might break.

12 hours ago, llamarider said:

A serious question.

How to make all the Carnalitas-based mods changing religion doctrines/tenets to be compatible with the More Religious Doctrines + More Religion Doctrines Tenets?

Step 1. Use the launcher to create a new empty mod.
Step 2. Go to your Crusader Kings 3 common/religion/doctrines/00_core_tenets.txt file. Copy it to the same file path inside your new mod.

Step 3. Use a tool like WinMerge to compare the corresponding files from Carnalitas Mundi, More Religious Doctrines, and More Religion Doctrines Tenets. Merge the changes that they make to 00_core_tenets.txt into your own mod.

Step 4. You now have a mod that merges the changes from all of the mods into one file.

I have a mod that worked correctly. I made some modifications in some of the files. When relaunching the game it crashes during initialization ( while the first startup screen is showing so not even in the startup menu yet). What causes a mod to crash on initialization ? I don't think it is a parse failure. At least I can't find any (Validator doesn't work for CK3)

It is not a mod conflict either because I disabled all other mods. Other possibilities?

On 10/9/2020 at 11:06 PM, Cheri Song said:

Step 1. Use the launcher to create a new empty mod.
Step 2. Go to your Crusader Kings 3 common/religion/doctrines/00_core_tenets.txt file. Copy it to the same file path inside your new mod.

Step 3. Use a tool like WinMerge to compare the corresponding files from Carnalitas Mundi, More Religious Doctrines, and More Religion Doctrines Tenets. Merge the changes that they make to 00_core_tenets.txt into your own mod.

Step 4. You now have a mod that merges the changes from all of the mods into one file.

Hey Ceri is this the proper way were doing mods so everyone merges them? or is it better to just add the parts that contrast to my mod? What I'm asking is what's the proper etiquette this is my first larger mod. Thanks for the help!

On 10/12/2020 at 9:03 AM, joemann said:

I have a mod that worked correctly. I made some modifications in some of the files. When relaunching the game it crashes during initialization ( while the first startup screen is showing so not even in the startup menu yet). What causes a mod to crash on initialization ? I don't think it is a parse failure. At least I can't find any (Validator doesn't work for CK3)

It is not a mod conflict either because I disabled all other mods. Other possibilities?

Well I'm sure there are a bunch of ways for it to crash. So far the most crashes I got on load were from modifying the gui in a way it didn't like. But I've also gotten a crash from breaking the hard coded marriage stuff. Basically if you break something hard coded that's when it will crash on start.

Can traits have different effects dependig on the character's gender?

E.g., "Giant" in the base game has -5 attraction opinion. Would it be possible to have the trait give women +5 attraction opinion and men -5 attraction opinion (as an example) without having to create a whole new trait and worry about a whole lot of fiddly nonsense to get them to inherit properly.

3 hours ago, kalleklovn said:

Can traits have different effects dependig on the character's gender?

E.g., "Giant" in the base game has -5 attraction opinion. Would it be possible to have the trait give women +5 attraction opinion and men -5 attraction opinion (as an example) without having to create a whole new trait and worry about a whole lot of fiddly nonsense to get them to inherit properly.

Maybe you could try triggered_opinion? Make two of them, one for males, the other for females, and apply attraction_opinion differently in each of them.