On 8/8/2021 at 9:42 PM, Lupine00 said:

That wouldn't be quite right, as you are choosing how much you give them. Except in one case...

However, I appreciate there's a problem when the amount to pay off gets small.

My thought is that the best way to handle this is a hybrid solution:

• no miscounts when you are paying less than 200 and debt is less than 200.
  • if you choose to clear debt, then the follower might take the wrong amount, because you aren't specifying how much you give them.

Alright that makes sense. That clear debt way would be a god send. Cause like when you have to select the option of clear debt like 7-8 times, its gets real old real fast.

6 hours ago, Anunya said:

This is something you enter into the console after hitting ~, right?

Yes.

6 hours ago, Anunya said:

I tried using set_DWill to [x] and am getting "does not recognize command".

You need a space between the "set" and the "_DWill".

I will show the command in a monospace font, so the spaces are clearer:

set _DWill to 6

1 hour ago, Herowynne said:

Yes.

You need a space between the "set" and the "_DWill".

I will show the command in a monospace font, so the spaces are clearer:

set _DWill to 6

Aha! That was one permutation I did not try. Of course.

Thanks! :)

Regarding naked status;

If my character is wearing say, heels and a circlet and the whore armor everything is fine, but I've noticed that when the whore armor is removed for whatever reason the  "check if naked" happens and you get an automatic added debt. So it automatically falls back to check for items in any slot (detect if naked).

I was wondering if it might make sense to change the naked check to just bodyslot detect since a number of mods have "when barefoot you get consequences" and that's the main reason I turn off the naked deal, is you're stuck either turning of the barefoot check in those other mods or not using the naked deal. I was also wondering if just checking the bodyslot would be easier on a system rather than having it check all slots, but I'm not sure on how that works so it may not matter in that regard?

edit; I'm also thinking this gives more variety and spice to your  character's look when playing. Heels, stockings and circlet slot (there's quite a few sexy outfit items out there that go in the circlet slot) only would qualify as naked and rather salacious. The YPS stockings are a tattoo so they already are bypassed by the naked detect system so they're not a problem.

Edited by Sospice

I'm having the same issue that others have posted in this forum, but it doesn't seem as though there has been a definitive solution to the problem yet. It's the glitch where your companion gets angry instead of enslaving you when you are over the enslavement threshold. Two of the suggestions that I have found on this forum using the search parameter of "angry" are that perhaps the force greet is being cancelled, the other that maybe another mod is enslaving the character. As such I've been running some tests just outside Solitude, follower controlled gold.

My character has two main deals I've been toying around with. Wolf (something, ring and forced milking) and looking good/bondage (collar, gloves and boots, gag). Something like those...

Buying out either one of them does nothing on its own.

Buying out both of them triggers the enslavement dialogue.

Buying out the forced milking triggered the dialogue after the companion removed the gag for some sexy time, but not when I unequipped the gag myself.

It wasn't dependent on the number of deals either, because I deleted a random three tier deal along with one of the other two (tried both) and the follower still got angry instead of the enslavement dialogue.

This testing has the caveat that it is useless when people on this forum have run into the issue that they never got forced deals even after passing the threshold without any deals at all.

Tldr: More testing is required.

Edited by Svalalthea

Came across what seems a minor glitch (in SE). In a game my character had been going up and down in debt and deals, buying out of deals in good times, taking new ones on in bad times.

After a period of good earnings, she paid off all her current deals (but remained subject to gold control). The MCM showed zero for deals, and no slots (classic or modular) were active. For some reason it seemed the whore armour deal was still active (but not shown), because when she equipped normal armour the DF would eventually say the thing about "wear the special armour or go naked" and add punishment debt.

I kludged around it it by debug removing the DF follower and then adding them back (and taking notes on the money to debug add debt/ cash to be at the same point). I don't know if there are any variables based on the length of the relationship itself. If there are I suppose they were reset, which I can live with - maybe some of the special events may be triggered again whereas before they wouldn't?

No action expected, I'm just posting this as a data point.

I am unable to fully pay any debt on my followers. Upon trying to clear my character only pays everything short of one gold, leaving me always with at least one gold of debt, resulting in me being unable to dismiss my follower. Is this intended? If not any pointers on how to fix this issue?

I am on LE with IAFT installed.

Furthermore upon installing DFC the vanilla dismissal dialogue for followers simply won't work anymore for devious and non-devious followers alike. They simply say they are heading home but stay with me and stay my follower. IAFTs Dialogue to dismiss and stay still works. Pausing DFC does not kill the issue, only deinstalling does. Any known conflicts that could cause such issues?  

17 minutes ago, endme777 said:

I am unable to fully pay any debt on my followers. Upon trying to clear my character only pays everything short of one gold, leaving me always with at least one gold of debt, resulting in me being unable to dismiss my follower. Is this intended? If not any pointers on how to fix this issue?

Furthermore upon installing DFC the vanilla dismissal dialogue for followers simply won't work anymore for devious and non-devious followers alike. They simply say they are heading home but stay with me and stay my follower. IAFTs Dialogue to dismiss and stay still works. Pausing DFC does not kill the issue, only deinstalling does. Any known conflicts that could cause such issues?  

If you still have any active deals, you can't pay off your full debt. The follower dismissal blocking is normal.

1 minute ago, valeforgery said:

If you still have any active deals, you can't pay off your full debt. The follower dismissal blocking is normal.

I don't have any active deals. When i have deals he explicitly tells me that the deals are preventing me from dismissing him. Right now he just keeps talking about wanting his share of the gold.

For example, when i recruit him, add 1000 debt through the MCM and then clear debt he will only take 999 gold, leaving me at 1 gold of debt and not taking anymore.

I don't have anything set for minimum contract time aswell.

Is the follower dismissal blocking also intended for followers that i have set as non devious through the MCM?

with the piercing tier 3 deal I really like that your follower will check for the piercings and everything like that as well as molest you pretty hard. The only issue i have with that is its tedious to take off armor all the time to talk to people. Is there a way to just have him check for the piercings and not require showing them off?

17 hours ago, endme777 said:

So two questions. Have you checked your install order? The only time I saw this problem after Lupine fixed it was when I accidentally loaded EFF after DF. Second, are you trying to dismiss in the city or out in the wilderness? There's a dismissal restriction and one of the options prevents dismissal of followers except in cities.

58 minutes ago, Xiaron said:

So two questions. Have you checked your install order? The only time I saw this problem after Lupine fixed it was when I accidentally loaded EFF after DF. Second, are you trying to dismiss in the city or out in the wilderness? There's a dismissal restriction and one of the options prevents dismissal of followers except in cities.

It was the dismissal restriction outside of cities, thanks a bunch.

In hindsight, kind of dumb of me to test it in the starting cell from alternate start.

Anyway thanks so much.

Hello, Lupin00.

I don't know if you are aware of this possibility or whether someone has made this suggestion before, but as your Devious Followers mod emphasizes bondage and humiliation ("Most deals involve bondage or humiliaton. Some involve both"), and as you provide optional tie-ins to other mods that involve these, I'd like to suggest a tie-in with a mod that is 100% humiliation, and in its final two scenes, temporary bondage. It's "Get Stripped! Again!" https://www.loverslab.com/topic/43184-get-stripped-again/ 

Cheers

Edited by wren888

Some questions regarding how the deal mechanics work below and a few ideas (I use the most recent special edition version but figured it couldn't hurt to ask here):

Is it the case that there can only be one version of a specific deal active at a time? E.g.: If you have a wear a gag deal active then no other gag-related deals will appear until that active deal is removed/paid off? How does this work with respect to the modular vs classic deals - still only one gag/piercing/corset/whatever deal allowed, either as a classic deal or a modular deal? I seem to have gradually come to the conclusion that this might be the case by tweaking around with the settings and testing stuff, but I'm not actually sure if this is 'how it's supposed to work' or not. If this is in fact the case: Any thoughts on changing that, so that you might be able to get the same deal in multiple different deal packages, active at the same time - meaning, given the example, that simply paying off one of the gag-deals (...the cheapest/oldest one) would not actually enable you to escape the gag (...or piercing, or plug, or heavy restraints in town, or...) deal as long as one or more other deals also had that deal active? I think this scenario would be desirable to have as an option. It would implicitly enable the player to have a greater influence on which deals ('sub-deals') will be 'relatively easy to get out of' ('deal option can reoccur: Y/N -> N) and which will not. I have noticed the 'deal events reoccur' setting in the MCM but tweaking that one seems to have exactly zero effect on which deals are available/picked by the follower, and so I'm assuming these 'events' refer to something different than the deal options available - stuff like how often the follower might want to use your mouth when you have an active gag deal, maybe? It seems to me I often get stuck in situations where no higher deal levels can be added to a specific deal, even though the deal is not yet at the highest supposed maximum level, and that this tweak might be one way to cause this outcome to stop happening.

A related question: Is the mod trying to avoid deals which might conflict - e.g. heavy restraints in town and jacketed in town and/or pet suit in town deals at the same time (...you can't both wear a straitjacket and an armbinder at the same time)? If so it definitely makes sense, but then another adjustment that might work in combination with the above 'deal can reoccur option' would be to allow conflicting deals but handle them via 'priorities' or 'importance weights' - e.g. 'Priority 1: (X) ('armbinder'), Priority 2: (Y) ('straitjacket'). So as long as you've got an armbinder deal active you'll be wearing an armbinder in town, once it is (.../they are?) paid off the straitjacket is waiting for you.. Ideally an MCM option where you can switch the priorities, but alternatively just integrated natively in the code. It could either be the mod author making a static decision rule, it could be the player via an MCM option, or perhaps it could be the follower making the decision depending on his/her mood (...random variable?) - '...today I want you to wear the pet suit in town, here you go!'). Incidentally I guess this idea could be implemented independently of the reoccurring deals idea.

I appreciate that it might be very difficult to change deal settings, which is such a core component of the mod, without potentially creating a lot of new bugs, but if thoughts have been given regarding changing the deal structure I figured these ideas might as well be mentioned.

Edited by BYJE137
On 9/3/2021 at 7:31 PM, BYJE137 said:

Is it the case that there can only be one version of a specific deal active at a time? E.g.: If you have a wear a gag deal active then no other gag-related deals will appear until that active deal is removed/paid off?

Yes.

How does this work with respect to the modular vs classic deals - still only one gag/piercing/corset/whatever deal allowed, either as a classic deal or a modular deal? I seem to have gradually come to the conclusion that this might be the case by tweaking around with the settings and testing stuff, but I'm not actually sure if this is 'how it's supposed to work' or not.

A related question: Is the mod trying to avoid deals which might conflict - e.g. heavy restraints in town and jacketed in town and/or pet suit in town deals at the same time (...you can't both wear a straitjacket and an armbinder at the same time)?

Modular deals will block classic deals with the same deal stage. You can't get the modular deal to wear cuffs, then the classic deal that includes cuffs. The modular deal will prevent the classic one from being chosen. General rule of thumb is not to pick classic and modular deals with the same stages. So if you want cuffs/collar/piercings from the classic deals, disable them for modular. Or the opposite.

I have noticed the 'deal events reoccur' setting in the MCM but tweaking that one seems to have exactly zero effect on which deals are available/picked by the follower, and so I'm assuming these 'events' refer to something different than the deal options available - stuff like how often the follower might want to use your mouth when you have an active gag deal, maybe? It seems to me I often get stuck in situations where no higher deal levels can be added to a specific deal, even though the deal is not yet at the highest supposed maximum level, and that this tweak might be one way to cause this outcome to stop happening.

Deals chosen isn't effected by that setting, it's for other internal events. There's a slider for percentages for classic vs modular deals that controls which is preferred but that's the only setting that weights which deals are picked. Other than that you can choose to refuse deals with a high willpower if you're willing to accept the consequences.

Couple bug reports:

I'm having a problem with the "innkeeper" level three deal. When I approach an innkeeper, the "Welcome." hello dialogue triggers, and then the initial script appears to run, as I lose control over my character. But then nothing happens: I regain control, and I can retreat and approach the innkeeper again and repeat the cycle. If I spam the innkeeper with activate prompts, I can eventually break through the hello interrupt and get into dialogue for a second, but then a dialogue interrupt triggers (the "..." prompt), the innkeeper says "Welcome." again, and the same thing happens.

Any idea what the problem could be? This is on SE, and I've had the "merchant" deal before and it seemed to work smoothly.

This problem I had came up again with the jarl petsuit game, which wouldn't progress with similar symptoms. I tracked this down to the DisableControlsForScene() function in _DFTools.psc, where SetDontMove() seems to be causing the problem in my game, for some reason. I reverted to apparently the old code, which works for me:

Spoiler
Function DisableControlsForScene()
    ; Basically does nothing because of Zadlibs constant calling of UpdateControls()
    Game.DisablePlayerControls(abMovement = True, abFighting = True, abCamSwitch = False, abLooking = False, abSneaking = True, abMenu = False, abActivate = True, abJournalTabs = True, aiDisablePOVType = 0)
    ; So we need another approach...
    ; libs.UpdateControls()
    ; PlayerRef.SetDontMove()
EndFunction

Function EnablePlayerControls()
    Game.EnablePlayerControls(True, True, True, True, True, True, True, True, 0)
    libs.UpdateControls()
    ; PlayerRef.SetDontMove(False)
EndFunction

Second problem: the deep debt deals don't seem to be properly more expensive to buy out of in my game. This appears to be due to issues in _MDDeal and QF__DflowDealController_0A01C86D.psc. In _MDDeal, the StageX() functions can't increment ExpensiveDeals due to impossible conditions, and in the DealController, if an ExpensiveDeal is found, it will inevitably produce an x7 multiplier, instead of a variable multiplier depending on the number and kind of deep debt deals. The easiest fix that worked for me was modifying the SetDealBuyout() function in the DealController as follows:

Spoiler
Float Function SetDealBuyout(Float now, Quest dealQuest, GlobalVariable timer, GlobalVariable targetPrice)

Int stage = dealQuest.GetStage()
    If stage > 3
        stage = 3
    EndIf
    Float timerValue = timer.GetValue()
    Float stageScale = stage As Float

Float price = DealBuyoutPrice * stageScale

If timerValue > now ; Buyout is in the future
        price += (timerValue - now) * DealEarlyOutPrice
    EndIf

; Add expensive debt extra after early buyout cost. It's not part of the early buyout option.
    _MDDeal modular = dealQuest As _MDDeal
    If modular
        Int count = 0

If modular.Rule1Code == 17
            count += 1
        EndIf
        If modular.Rule2Code == 17
            count += 2
        EndIf
        If modular.Rule3Code == 17
            count += 4
        EndIf

If count > 0
            ExpensiveDebtCount += (count as Float)

Float deepDebtScale = (count as Float)
            Float dailyDebt = _DflowDebtPerDay.GetValue()
            Float deepDebtDifficulty = _DFDeepDebtDifficulty.GetValue()

price += deepDebtScale * dailyDebt * deepDebtDifficulty
        EndIf
    EndIf

price = Math.Ceiling(price)
    targetPrice.SetValue(price)

Return price

EndFunction

I am surprised no one else has noticed this before... maybe I'm missing something?

Edited by anyway ayway

So I have the SSE version but, since that's just a conversion, I thought I might get more help here. 

Not quite realizing what it would do, I used the weird potion early on in my gameplay when I was trying out this mod and wanted to experience all its features. I actually decided the mod isn't really for me and have disabled it in the MCM, but the Weird Potion quest remains active which proves itself a nuisance from time to time and, also, I don't feel comfortable attempting to uninstall the mod while an active quest is still running. Is there a way to end the quest via console commands or something in order to make it safe to uninstall?

I seem to have encountered a bug (not sure if it's been mentioned before): My character wanted to make a new deal. The follower wanted her to wear a gag. She refused but instead of adding debt, debt has been set to 0. This happens even after reloading and going someplace else. The  debug option to add debt also sets debt to 0 in my game. 

Here are the corresponding lines from the log:

[09/15/2021 - 09:56:41AM] DF - RejectPendingDeal - NewDeal 103, DealOffering 103
[09/15/2021 - 09:56:41AM] DF - Modular deal ID is 3
[09/15/2021 - 09:56:41AM] DF - Stage is 1
[09/15/2021 - 09:56:41AM] DF - ruleState is 1
[09/15/2021 - 09:56:41AM] DF - dealType is 1
[09/15/2021 - 09:56:41AM] DF - RejectDeal 103
[09/15/2021 - 09:56:41AM] DF - RejectDeal - END
[09/15/2021 - 09:56:41AM] DF - PickRandomDeal - start
[09/15/2021 - 09:56:41AM] DF - GetPotentialDeal - START
[09/15/2021 - 09:56:41AM] DF - GetPotentialDeal - RejectedDeal is 103
[09/15/2021 - 09:56:41AM] DF - GetPotentialDeal - lowCount 12, lowPick 25, hiCount 8, hiPick 13
[09/15/2021 - 09:56:41AM] DF - GetPotentialDeal - END
[09/15/2021 - 09:56:41AM] DF - PickRandomDeal - NewDeal 125, DealOffering 125
[09/15/2021 - 09:56:41AM] DF - RejectPendingDeal - end