3 hours ago, Xiaron said:

Awesome. Still want me to go back and find the quest stage or was that the whole issue?

I found a couple of cases that were used with stages 10 to 99, which would cover most likely scenarios.

3 hours ago, Darkwing241 said:

Hopefully you have some fun to look forward too now that all the bugs are squashed.

All the bugs are squashed?

7 hours ago, Nikusys!! said:

Please add the option to select the gender of the npc who buy / fuck the pc.

For followers, disable all of them and only enable the male ones as DFs.

For sex generally, there's no current workaround. I'll bear this feature in mind when replacing the scanner.

20 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Try this in the console:

Hide contents

setpqv _DFlowModDealController VPRule 1

You didn't say if your stats page also shows the deal allocated?

If it does, you will need to take additional action.

thanks for the response.

I run the non-steam LE

I will try that command. it does not show up in the deal allocated. it does in the modular deals page. here it says: in use.

I will update after I try the command. if that doesn't work I will uninstall, clean save, play for a bit and install.

1 hour ago, deviant51 said:

thanks for the response.

I run the non-steam LE

I will try that command. it does not show up in the deal allocated. it does in the modular deals page. here it says: in use.

I will update after I try the command. if that doesn't work I will uninstall, clean save, play for a bit and install.

YES! the command "setpqv _DFlowModDealController VPRule 1"  worked. thanks :)

On 12/22/2020 at 7:44 AM, Lupine00 said:

@YojimboRatchet

I don't know if DD5 will even require an update.

But if it does, likely many other things will require an update too.

I'm in no rush to support DD5. Assuming I'm able to work on mods in a meaningful way (which has not been the case for most of this mad year) I will be waiting for DD5 to reach at least 5.1 (or some kind of equivalent of that) before I sink any time into it. Otherwise it's just going to be presenting a load of DD bugs as DF bugs, which I can live without.

From what I know about 5 so far, the main addition is a broken (for some people) animation filter you can't disable, so that probably needs to resolve in some satisfactory way before I invest in it. That's the issue with DD as it's "run": developers have to invest a lot of time in the "framework", but they have no voice even to speak to how it's developed, or tested, or what its objectives are. It serves the ends of DCL first, and everyone else second, so if you do things that DCL doesn't like, such as have sex with creatures, DD might not care about you. That doesn't mean it won't end up being better, but at this point just piling in more animations and more assets isn't necessarily helping much. I'd prefer to see quality and polish improved a little, especially around hoods, pet suit animations, etc. The API could be simpler and cleaner to use, with better named functions and parameters that don't lead new developers to make mistakes with it. 

The addition of "Contraptions" as a built-in feature is only of interest if you're going to go off and write a load of functionality to use them, which I'm not likely to do. They're something suited to quest/content style mods, so I'd like to play with them, I'm not likely to use them. You could add them to DF, but I already have enough on the wish list for that to be unlikely. TES6 will be along before that :) Let's hope we can mod it. Also, I'd like to dream that Cyberpunk 2077 will be better supported for modding than its predecessors, but ... maybe not. But if it is, it might end up being the default location for a lot of adult mod content. With so much that can happen, I'm not going to plan years into the future!

I just made my C++ DLLs build under VC2019, so I am working on some stuff again, but don't hold your breath - Xmas will probably stop me getting much done. 

Has somebody tested whether DFC works with DD5? And is there any update on whether it will be supported officially?

2 hours ago, beerman778 said:

Has somebody tested whether DFC works with DD5? And is there any update on whether it will be supported officially?

Yes, I use it and it works fine. Nothing from the v4 API was removed so I don't think anything is incompatible unless it was related to the animation filter.

The only reason VirginMarie's mods were hurt so bad was I think because they relied on doing things with the animation filter, but everything else should be fine. Overall the 4 -> 5 gap is much smaller than the 3 -> 4 gap which broke lots of stuff.

Honestly it's too bad so much was added to the framework at the same time, because it really overshadows the best addition which is an API function to add devices using only the inventory item without having to pass the rendered item and keyword as well. I am usually annoyed by updates to DD because, why are we updating a framework for a 10 year old game, we are ending up with less content than we had in the past. But the changes in 5 seem only good, especially since the broken animation filter is fixed.

52 minutes ago, DayTri said:

Yes, I use it and it works fine. Nothing from the v4 API was removed so I don't think anything is incompatible unless it was related to the animation filter.

The only reason VirginMarie's mods were hurt so bad was I think because they relied on doing things with the animation filter, but everything else should be fine. Overall the 4 -> 5 gap is much smaller than the 3 -> 4 gap which broke lots of stuff.

Honestly it's too bad so much was added to the framework at the same time, because it really overshadows the best addition which is an API function to add devices using only the inventory item without having to pass the rendered item and keyword as well. I am usually annoyed by updates to DD because, why are we updating a framework for a 10 year old game, we are ending up with less content than we had in the past. But the changes in 5 seem only good, especially since the broken animation filter is fixed.

Alright, thanks for the elaboration!

4 hours ago, beerman778 said:

Yes, DD 5.1 and DFC work fine together. I've had just one issue so far, when some devices might unequip when you exit werewolf form, and for some reason you can't equip it again. This is not a DFC specific issue, however if you have a deal you might be punished by your follower due to it being unequipped. Solution is simple: Just pause DFC before activating your werewolf transformation, then unpause when you revert back. Once DFC is resumed, you'll still get new restraints to equip in your inventory (according with your deals) as if you've just accepted the deal.

Also, one thing worth highlighting is that the DD version 5.1 brought back the possibility to disable the animation filter for creature animations.

27 minutes ago, DayTri said:

It's just user provided screenshots I think

Correct. Devious Followers Continued does not include any quests; instead, it offers emergent gameplay for your own player character.

If your own player character recruits a Devious Follower and then agrees to several punishing deals, then your own character would have experiences similar to what is depicted for Candibelle. In other words, you make your own story.

2 hours ago, Herowynne said:

If your own player character recruits a Devious Follower and then agrees to several punishing deals, then your own character would have experiences similar to what is depicted for Candibelle. In other words, you make your own story.

<sigh> ... I guess I should remove the text from that summary image before it confuses somebody else.

I just wanted to give obvious credit to the provider of those images, but also I don't want to confuse or mislead players that there is some structured quest that doesn't exist - and shouldn't ever need to exist.

If there was a quest, I'd definitely mention it in the change list, the play guide, and the summary of mod features...

So I recruited a follower, clicked on the prompt that enables DF for that follower, and everyday the follower adds debt. But besides that nothing ever happens. If I don't ask to make deals, then the follower will simply add more debt without doing anything else. Is this intended behavior? I have about 20000 debt right now, all MCM settings at default.

48 minutes ago, AWHA said:

Is this intended behavior?

No... Maybe... It depends on your current level.

Look at the Stats page to see what your daily debt per day is for your current level.

Multiply that by the default slavery threshold scale. (As you say you are using defaults it will be 5).

So, let's say your daily debt scale is the default, 5.0 and you are level 15, with a daily debt of 819.

Your enslavement threshold is 5.0 x 819.0 = 4095.0

So, for 20,000 debt to be OK,, with default settings, you would need to be around level 50.

Maybe you are?

But as you didn't provide that information, I can't say.

Let's assume you're not, and you aren't being punished for debt, why would that be?

It's not because there is no code to do that.

It's not likely to be because that code has some subtle bug in it.

It's most likely to be that the forcegreet dialogs require to run for the follower to enact punishments are being overridden by a quest with a higher priority that will not let the forcegreet package run.

There are lots of other reasons it could not work, but that's one possibility.

If that's the case, you need to find out what mod is hogging the follower's AI.

Another reason is that the dialogs are failing out on a condition because your follower is 'damaged'.

Do they have the normal DF dialogs?

Can you ask about your debt, or offer to make a deal? It sounds a bit like you can do that, so those dialogs are present. Chances of a fail on a dialog condition are thus low.

Can you ask about devices?

Again, you didn't provide any detail, so it's going to take you longer to get a clear answer.

Check:

sqv _DFlow

in the console.

Is the quest running at stage 10?

So, I've been using this mod with Sexlab Survival for a while now, only updated it from a... year or so old version two days ago, on one hand, I like the new features a lot, on the other... I've been having some issues. Mostly, conditional triggers don't seem to work for me for some reason. Like, I get the debuffing circlet or ring, and then the follower never checks if I'm actually wearing the thing. At one point I accidentally left it off once Cursed Loot undressed my character for sleep and there were absolutely no consequences. Or I have a condition that the follower is supposed to bind my hands once in cities, never actually happened. Got a gag that was supposed to be taken out for dungeons based on the dialogue, nope. Tried to initiate conversation with the follower, thinking maybe it's just script lag, nope.

Clearly, this is not a universal issue (otherwise I wouldn't be the only one here complaining about it), so I must be messing up somewhere, if anyone could give me any pointers as to where, it'd be wonderful.

34 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Look at the Stats page to see what your daily debt per day is for your current level.

Multiply that by the default slavery threshold scale. (As you say you are using defaults it will be 5).

So, let's say your daily debt scale is the default, 5.0 and you are level 15, with a daily debt of 819.

So, for 20,000 debt to be OK,, with default settings, you would need to be around level 50.

Maybe you are?

Let's assume you're not, and you aren't being punished for debt, why would that be?

It's most likely to be that the forcegreet dialogs require to run for the follower to enact punishments are being overridden by a quest with a higher priority that will not let the forcegreet package run.

Another reason is that the dialogs are failing out on a condition because your follower is 'damaged'.

Can you ask about your debt, or offer to make a deal? It sounds a bit like you can do that, so those dialogs are present. Chances of a fail on a dialog condition are thus low.

Again, you didn't provide any detail, so it's going to take you longer to get a clear answer.

Check:

sqv _DFlow

in the console.

Currently at level 12, I think it is possible that some other mod is messing with the forcegreet dialog. I will test with a new game and try some different setups.

The normal DF dialogs work, it seems only the forcegreet part is not working for me.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

Maybe you are?

Check:

sqv _DFlow

in the console.

Tried a new game and everything works as you said. It must be my old save that had some scripts baked in messing with the forcegreet. Come to think of it, this is the same save I used to test out a few follower framework mods, so maybe having multiple follower framework mods installed at one point damaged my save.

Another question if you don't mind: do the Gaudy circlet/amulet/ring do anything other than debuff crafting skills? Are they supposed to trigger things?

1 hour ago, AWHA said:

do the Gaudy circlet/amulet/ring do anything other than debuff crafting skills?

No. At least, not as yet.

The "real" penalty of having them is that they fill the valuable wearable slot with a piece of junk; the debuffs are just an extra.

I considered making DD's to go in those slots, but after some thought I decided that was making the items more complicated and prone to conflicts than need be.

The thing that makes you wear them, or a DD, is the debt, or the immersion of it, so having them lock is redundant.

But, as people were always complaining about how it's so easy to make money with crafting skills, I added something to make that a little harder.

I have upgraded versions of them in mind for some Tier-3 deals.

I'd currently recommend tagging those items as slutty or whorish if you use SLS, SL Approach, etc. but I'm not forcing that on anyone just now.

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

No. At least, not as yet

I read a great fanfic based around devious skyrim.  The PC goes back and forth between two parallel universes one normal skyrim world and another that a devious universe.  On the way back and forth she picks up various devious items.  Amongst them are a circlet that gives her long blue hair and other cosmetic transformations.  It's really a great story but as of yet unfinished. http://games.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600091424&chapter=1

Now in a written story the mechanics of how items work can be way more complicated that in an actual mod, but I would like to see something from the jewelry that is a little more... sexy? devious? The need to cripple crafting in a money based mod is obvious but there just isn't much story behind the current implementation.

Cosmetic changes are tough to do in Skyrim because players all have different tastes as to what is a "more sexy version of the PC" but the jewelry really FEELS like it should be related to cosmetic changes, since after all that's what gaudy jewelry does, it makes you look different.  Most devious items are actually pretty non-magical in effect, or are just use magic to 'punch up' what item would do physically.

Maybe the best idea is to free these curses from being bound to a worn item entirely? 

-Soft hands deal-

1  "A girl like you should have soft delicate hands, you shouldn't be swinging around a blacksmiths hammer" DF adds fine's if you smith

2  :grabbing you by the hands:: "oh these are so silky smooth, you've been so good about taking care of yourself, these must feel divine when you play with yourself" "Oh no! I'm no masturbator!" "you should try it, I insist!"

3  "you know I really could use some relief myself, I do most of the work around here anyway"

1 hour ago, Hiderius said:

What about you get sold through simple slavery

The "sold" feature was historically one of those things Lozeak added entirely for himself, and which never worked in a robust way.

You need to be stuck in DF enslavement for a while to even see it, assuming you turned it on.

If you look at the roadmap, you'll see that SS support, and direct support for other mods, is high on the list already.

Not as the "sold" feature for the DF enslavement, but as a general enslavement replacement.

Other than fixing the scanner, which is used by other features besides slavery, I don't want to do anything to DF slavery unless it's also adding something to the normal play mode.

Ooops, posted in the old DF thread:

On 2/25/2021 at 4:46 PM, hexenhaus said:

Idea about new function:

Ever thought about adding a kind of auto-pause function, for example, if you park your follower at an Inn, while you try to raise money for payments on your own? Ofcourse you would have to pay the interest and/or some fee for the accomodation, but you had the chance to pay off the debt, without the follower accumulating more then you could ever buy out from. This could be done in form of an additional dialogue option (maybe similar to EFFs relax functionality) or if told to wait in an Inn (cause then you would not need EFF). This functionality would be deactivated for slaves though.

I think it would make sense and especially if you play a stealthy character, followers are often more trouble then worth it, but sometimes you need them for difficult encounters. It is a bit cheating ofcourse, but it would be optional and you could still balance it out by tweaking the basic fees. This way you had to actually think about when to bring hirelings and it would lessen the seriousness of hireing in the 1st place.

One big problem with Skyrims economy is the escalation of the item values; so raising the "value" for paying off followers is no problem later on (if you don't use ridiculous numbers), but getting the actual coin is (as vendor gold does not scale  or at least not without investing). It is ofcourse outside the scope of this mod to solve those issues (besides being a coin sink ofcourse), but to be punishing or dangerous (in terms of risk of enslavement) the costs have to be high, but being forced to spend a fully fleshed out Breezehome to pay off a deal early, that requires you to wear a corset (or similar) feels unimmersive at least. So maybe this pause-light or loanshark function, where you still have to honor the active deals (but their early pay timer would still tick down), but are free to raise the money (+interest) on your terms, would prevent you from needing to constantly making the round, visiting traders in different cities, to get stupid amounts of coin.

Ofcourse you could still do more deals to reduce the debt, but that does not change the fact that the numbers are (and need to be) stupendously high to be of any concern but then they do not make any sense in terms of property prices...

21 hours ago, hexenhaus said:

Ever thought about adding a kind of auto-pause function, for example

You should probably read the 2021 road map :) 

But auto-pause. No. You'd have to trigger it explicitly via dialog.

With regard to some issues about vendor gold etc. that were raised, it's not as if those things haven't been discussed.

It's up to you to decide how to adjust your costs, or set the price of Breezehome for that matter.

Only the player can know what costs are right for their game.

There are vendor gold patches too, but as they are already made as mods, there's probably no need to remake them in DF.

It might be said that the issue there is that the house is too cheap, and SLS and other mods will be happy to impose extreme costs for property ownership, or other things.

I considered adding extra loan-sharking to DF, but it seems redundant. The follower IS a loan shark. If you think they won't let you run up enough debt, you can always change that. The purpose of any additional loan-shark features would be to push you into some other mod's punishment, such as PoP, or Dagonar. If it offers something worse than the follower, why would you use it?

The follower won't really start forcing you into anything unless you go over the enslavement debt threshold.

There are some ill effects from going over half that, but if your willpower is high, you probably won't come across them.