1 hour ago, mashup47 said:

Hmm you more then likely know this all ready (sorry if i'm covering old ground). Indarello patch requires the One patch to be installed, were as Ulfberths patch dose not need The one patch as it has most of it integrated into his patch..... Just thinking out loud.

I intend to make all my direct calls pack agnostic (Meaning that anything I call directly will either use the original animation pack's XMLs or custom hidden XMLs of my own that reference them), many of my Leito calls are already like this, it's just a matter of doing the rest. Unfortunately I still need tags if I want to support furniture animations in Hardship. 

It'll be pretty easy though I just need to copy the tags from themes over to the One Patch XMLs. I already did it with the NoFurn Aggressive ones and it worked as it should. Then whoever wants to not have to use Indarello can install that after One Patch and they'll be good to go. When I release that patch I'll also release an updated version of Hardship 1.5.8 that works with One Patch , to tide people over. It'll be the new full version and if somebody wants to use Indarello they can patch that with the existing Indarello patch.

Update:

I've recompiled a version of Hardship that I will release as 1.5.9 in a few days, along side a Leito Patch for One Patch 1.1.1 that will add the proper tags to the One Patch Leito XMLs. This version of Hardship IS NOT the Hardship Final I've been working on. It simply has a few script changes to make it compatible with just One Patch. It will however have the MCM option to create a Beggar/Whore Mode hotkey, as well as the ability to drop the menu (self delete) and re-add it with the MCM. The menu will no longer be refreshed on load. You will still need the menu for some features in this version to set up your character and use utility functions, but you will NOT need it in Hardship Final..

This will be a full release, not a patch. If all goes as planned it will have a FOMOD installer that will install the files needed for Indarello if you wish to use that instead of my One-Patch Patch. This is a bit of a practice run for Hardship Final. I do not believe this will need a clean save if you already have 1.5.8 working, though you should probably uninstall Hardship before installing the new version, just to get rid of that stray XML, if you haven't already.

Minus the installer the mod is ready to go. So far I've gotten 2 of the XMLs done. 

I intend to make a simple-as-humanly-fucking-possible installation instruction that will replace the existing ones. As stated previously going forward Polistro's patches aren't supported, but I will leave up the old files, though they will not have instructions given so, if you need to commit any text on the OP page to a word doc do it now :) 

image.png.2f2c545fa41a19da70403c18d225b5a9.png

11 hours ago, Ulfbearth said:

Will i need to add something to UAP? If yes, let me know 

I don't imagine so... UAP works fine with Leito since you added the tags yourself.  1.5.9 still points at UAP for the MM direct calls (that don't point at my own XMLs) just like 1.5.8 Indarello version does. :thumbsup:

Update:

It's actually a good thing I decided to do this as there is a pretty bad bug that wasn't gonna get fixed until final otherwise, basically the Beggar sex script is broken, as somehow the kmyquest setting in the topic came unchecked at some point. I'm recompiling all the scripts and intend to archive everything but the sound files, this will have 2 benefits. Hopefully slightly better performance on potato-class machines, and uninstalling the mod should no longer interfere with other mods that use Dixiepig's collar mesh. I'll leave the source in there but you are gonna have to unzip it with BAE if you wanna use it.

If I have time I'll also throw in a dialogue that allows you to interact with Isabel if you get stuck in the Real Handcuffs shock collar.

Update:

This may take a couple of extra days as I am really struggling with some of the decisions I made on some of these scripts. (I wasted over 50 lines of code doing something I could do in 2) I see a lot of room for improvement. If all goes well It should be compatible with One Patch, Indarello, AND Polistro, however I will only have instructions for the first 2.

1.59, and Hardship final (whenever it is finished) are both going to require you to uninstall any previous versions of Hardship completely, as each one is going to change the file structure in different ways. For instance 1.59 is going to archive a lot of the loose files and Final is going to remove a couple of the existing XMLs 

I need help. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I've followed the installation instructions to the best of my ability, I've gotten all the required mods, I'm using the Mod Organizer, and I waited until after the pre-war section to install and activate the Hardship mod, but the menu item never shows up in my inventory. I've attached a snip of my mod organizer, maybe someone can see what I'm doing wrong there?

Mod Organizer.PNG

13 minutes ago, rammenstein said:

I need help. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I've followed the installation instructions to the best of my ability, I've gotten all the required mods, I'm using the Mod Organizer, and I waited until after the pre-war section to install and activate the Hardship mod, but the menu item never shows up in my inventory. I've attached a snip of my mod organizer, maybe someone can see what I'm doing wrong there?

Mod Organizer.PNG

In a couple of days I'll be releasing a new version. It'd be smart to just wait until that comes out. That said the menu item not showing up sounds like the main script isn't firing at all, which probably means a corrupted file. I'd try redownloading and reinstalling. Make sure when you reinstall you choose "replace" rather than Merge.

4 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

In a couple of days I'll be releasing a new version. It'd be smart to just wait until that comes out. That said the menu item not showing up sounds like the main script isn't firing at all, which probably means a corrupted file. I'd try redownloading and reinstalling. Make sure when you reinstall you choose "replace" rather than Merge.

Ah, thank you. I'll try that, and if it doesn't work I'll just wait for the new version to come out.

25 minutes ago, rammenstein said:

Ah, thank you. I'll try that, and if it doesn't work I'll just wait for the new version to come out.

Also make sure you have your fallout setup for modding. You have to edit your ini to allow loose files for instance, that could be making this happen. There are plenty of guides around to tell you exactly what you need to do.

3 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Also make sure you have your fallout setup for modding. You have to edit your ini to allow loose files for instance, that could be making this happen. There are plenty of guides around to tell you exactly what you need to do.

Ah, that was the problem! I had never heard of this 'loose files' thing before, but now it's working just fine. Thank you very much, and I look forward to the next update!

17 hours ago, rammenstein said:

Ah, that was the problem! I had never heard of this 'loose files' thing before, but now it's working just fine. Thank you very much, and I look forward to the next update!

Glad to hear it. Since you seem new to modding let me give you one more tip. Install the mod Custom moans, (Or delete the voice files from Leito) If you intend to do any FF or MM scenes or you'll have the wrong gendered voices. UAP's manly moans will also block these sound files. Personally I prefer just the sound effects as it kinda meshes better with the silent voice roleplaying, plus Hardship adds a lot of mid scene sounds anyway. You might also install Savage Cabbage's animation pack as it has a lot of nice furniture animations and for that one you will DEFINITELY not want to install the voices (lol)

EDIT: Note if you want FF Savage Cabbage animations you'll need an extra XML mod, Like AJs, or Indarello.

On 5/17/2020 at 5:33 AM, Tentacus said:

It'll be pretty easy though I just need to copy the tags from themes over to the One Patch XMLs. I already did it with the NoFurn Aggressive ones and it worked as it should. Then whoever wants to not have to use Indarello can install that after One Patch and they'll be good to go. When I release that patch I'll also release an updated version of Hardship 1.5.8 that works with One Patch , to tide people over. It'll be the new full version and if somebody wants to use Indarello they can patch that with the existing Indarello patch.

While the Themes should cover tags (think Indar's is covered, but the One Patch sure was), you can add tags with a *_TagData.xml much the same way Themes does, whether for One Patch or Indar's.
Can then have a 'SelectExactlyOne' option in the FOMOD to select which the user has. And if you then add/change to custom XML's, you can add those as an option to it, or remove both of the 'tag' options, and set it as 'Required', so it's shown to users what it is, but not removable/alterable by them on install, so there's less "where did X/Y tag option go?".

Just my two cents, anyway :P

6 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Glad to hear it. Since you seem new to modding let me give you one more tip. Install the mod Custom moans, (Or delete the voice files from Leito) If you intend to do any FF or MM scenes or you'll have the wrong gendered voices. UAP's manly moans will also block these sound files. Personally I prefer just the sound effects as it kinda meshes better with the silent voice roleplaying, plus Hardship adds a lot of mid scene sounds anyway. You might also install Savage Cabbage's animation pack as it has a lot of nice furniture animations and for that one you will DEFINITELY not want to install the voices (lol)

This is something I'll certainly bear in mind when I next start a new game - probably when Hardship final releases. I've got Custom Moans installed at the moment, and it works well to make sure the correct gendered voices play, but the end result - depending, I assume, on which animation packs and patches you have installed, and which mods trigger the animations - is a real mixture of sounds and voices. I'm still getting used to AAF and finding my way around it, so I'm not yet sure which animations come from which packs. What I've noticed are quite a few different voices from Skyrim SexLab mixed in with some grunts, sighs and dialogue from the Sole Survivor's vanilla voice. Then, last night, she was repeatedly begging a guy she was with to "put a baby in her" during an animation, or something similar, in a voice that leapt out as not at all hers. Very nice animation, but I'd already decided to hunt that one down and silence it. It was just too off-putting.

I'm definitely starting to think voiceless is the way to go.

7 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

While the Themes should cover tags (think Indar's is covered, but the One Patch sure was), you can add tags with a *_TagData.xml much the same way Themes does, whether for One Patch or Indar's.
Can then have a 'SelectExactlyOne' option in the FOMOD to select which the user has. And if you then add/change to custom XML's, you can add those as an option to it, or remove both of the 'tag' options, and set it as 'Required', so it's shown to users what it is, but not removable/alterable by them on install, so there's less "where did X/Y tag option go?".

Just my two cents, anyway :P

A few months back, I tried doing that, I was adding a animation name tag to different versions of the same animation. (IE, Indarello, One Patch, Polistro) so that I could just call that name and it would always get just that animation. It didn't work. It broke AAF somehow... It'd call the animation but no exclude tags worked, you could use the pg up and pg dwn keys to change to any anim. Both @dagobaking and @EgoBallistic were dumbfounded as to why this happened. This put a bad taste in my mouth for tagData... but you're right I should try it as it'd be a lot cleaner and easier, and I've only got the 2 XMLs done so far (I concenntrated on updating Hardship first. as copying tags is MIND DESTROYING, even with text replacement in Sublime Text it requires so much triple checking.) 

If it works it'll be much easier as I'll only need to add a couple of tags to each position. There's no reason to add any tags to Indarello or UAP as theirs are comprehensive and both added my cuffed tag as did Halstrom. 

5 hours ago, merManc said:

This is something I'll certainly bear in mind when I next start a new game - probably when Hardship final releases. I've got Custom Moans installed at the moment, and it works well to make sure the correct gendered voices play, but the end result - depending, I assume, on which animation packs and patches you have installed, and which mods trigger the animations - is a real mixture of sounds and voices. I'm still getting used to AAF and finding my way around it, so I'm not yet sure which animations come from which packs. What I've noticed are quite a few different voices from Skyrim SexLab mixed in with some grunts, sighs and dialogue from the Sole Survivor's vanilla voice. Then, last night, she was repeatedly begging a guy she was with to "put a baby in her" during an animation, or something similar, in a voice that leapt out as not at all hers. Very nice animation, but I'd already decided to hunt that one down and silence it. It was just too off-putting.

I'm definitely starting to think voiceless is the way to go.

The baby one is from specific BP70 animations. If it bugs you you can remove the sound pretty easily (again this kinda stuff is infinitely easier with MO2) The animations that use it are called "impregnation____" I think.

1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

A few months back, I tried doing that, I was adding a animation name tag to different versions of the same animation. (IE, Indarello, One Patch, Polistro) so that I could just call that name and it would always get just that animation. It didn't work. It broke AAF somehow... It'd call the animation but no exclude tags worked, you could use the pg up and pg dwn keys to change to any anim. Both @dagobaking and @EgoBallistic were dumbfounded as to why this happened. This put a bad taste in my mouth for tagData... but you're right I should try it as it'd be a lot cleaner and easier, and I've only got the 2 XMLs done so far (I concenntrated on updating Hardship first. as copying tags is MIND DESTROYING, even with text replacement in Sublime Text it requires so much triple checking.) 

If it works it'll be much easier as I'll only need to add a couple of tags to each position. There's no reason to add any tags to Indarello or UAP as theirs are comprehensive and both added my cuffed tag as did Halstrom. 

Odd... (and fair enough)

Ought to work. Good luck with the latest attempt ?

28 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Odd... (and fair enough)

Ought to work. Good luck with the latest attempt ?

Hey since you seem to know stuff, can you remind me if tags are case sensitive... If so I may have a quandry.

EDIT:

Actually my quandry is self solving as this will add the differently capitalized tag in question to most of Indarello's animations as other than furniture, he uses the same position names as One Patch, and I never really use that tag anyway.

This is what I have done so far, I'll test it after lunch: 

<meta title="_T_ One Patch Leito Tag Data" version="1.0" dataSet="tag"/>
<!-- Title and Description updates -->

<!-- Default attributes are applied to all tag nodes below if no conflicting attribute is set there. -->
<defaults loadPriority="10"/>

<!-- Tag nodes identify a position to affect, by id and also a tags string. If replace="true", this tag string replaces the tag string defined in the position. Otherwise, the tag string adds to the tags defined in the position. -->
<!--tag position="aPositionIDFromSomePack-1" tags="F_M,exampleTagOne,exampleTagTwo" replace="true"/-->

<!-- ========================================================LEITO AGGRESSIVE======================================================= -->

<!-- Leito FM Aggressive NoFurn -->
<tag position="Leito Aggressive Blowjob" tags="Leito,F_M,NoFurn,Blowjob,Aggressive,Cuffed,PenisToMouth"/>
<tag position="Leito Aggressive Carry" tags="Leito,F_M,NoFurn,Carry,FromFront,Aggressive,Cuffed,PenisToVagina"/>
<tag position="Leito Aggressive Cowgirl" tags="Leito,F_M,NoFurn,Cowgirl,FromFront,Aggressive,Cuffed,PenisToEither"/>
<tag position="Leito Aggressive Doggy" tags="Leito_Doggy_Aggressive" tags="Leito,F_M,NoFurn,Doggy,Kneeling,FromBehind,Aggressive,Cuffed,PenisToEither"/>
<tag position="Leito Aggressive Missionary" tags="Leito,F_M,NoFurn,Missionary,Aggressive,PenisToVagina"/>
<tag position="Leito Aggressive Powerbomb" tags="Leito,F_M,NoFurn,Powerbomb,Aggressive,Cuffed,PenisToVagina"/>

<!-- Leito FM Aggressive Bed -->
<tag position="Leito Aggressive Bed Cowgirl" tags="Leito,F_M,SingleBed,DoubleBed,Bed,Cowgirl,FromFront,Aggressive,Cuffed,PenisToEither"/>
<tag position="Leito Aggressive Bed Doggy" tags="Leito_Doggy_Aggressive" tags="Leito,F_M,SingleBed,DoubleBed,Bed,Doggy,Kneeling,FromBehind,Aggressive,Cuffed,PenisToEither"/>
<tag position="Leito Aggressive Bed Missionary" tags="Leito,F_M,SingleBed,DoubleBed,Bed,Missionary,Aggressive,PenisToVagina"/>

<!-- Leito FM Aggressive Mattress -->
<tag position="Leito Aggressive Mattress Cowgirl" tags="Leito,F_M,Mattress,Cowgirl,FromFront,Aggressive,Cuffed,PenisToEither"/>
<tag position="Leito Aggressive Mattress Doggy" tags="Leito_Doggy_Aggressive" tags="Leito,F_M,Mattress,Doggy,Kneeling,FromBehind,Aggressive,Cuffed,PenisToEither"/>
<tag position="Leito Aggressive Mattress Missionary" tags="Leito,F_M,Mattress,Missionary,Aggressive,PenisToVagina"/>

<!-- Leito FF Aggressive NoFurn -->
<tag position="Leito FF Aggressive Blowjob" tags="Leito,F_F,NoFurn,Blowjob,Aggressive,Cuffed,StrapOnToMouth"/>
<tag position="Leito FF Aggressive Carry" tags="Leito,F_F,NoFurn,Carry,FromFront,Aggressive,Cuffed,StrapOnToVagina"/>
<tag position="Leito FF Aggressive Cowgirl" tags="Leito,F_F,NoFurn,Cowgirl,FromFront,Aggressive,Cuffed,StrapOnToEither"/>
<tag position="Leito FF Aggressive Doggy" tags="Leito_Doggy_Aggressive" tags="Leito,F_F,NoFurn,Doggy,Kneeling,FromBehind,Aggressive,Cuffed,StrapOnToEither"/>
<tag position="Leito FF Aggressive Missionary" tags="Leito,F_F,NoFurn,Missionary,Aggressive,StrapOnToVagina"/>
<tag position="Leito FF Aggressive Powerbomb" tags="Leito,F_F,NoFurn,Powerbomb,Aggressive,Cuffed,StrapOnToVagina"/>

<!-- Leito FF Aggressive Bed -->
<tag position="Leito FF Aggressive Bed Cowgirl" tags="Leito,F_F,SingleBed,DoubleBed,Bed,Cowgirl,FromFront,Aggressive,Cuffed,StrapOnToEither"/>
<tag position="Leito FF Aggressive Bed Doggy" tags="Leito_Doggy_Aggressive" tags="Leito,F_F,SingleBed,DoubleBed,Bed,Doggy,Kneeling,FromBehind,Aggressive,Cuffed,StrapOnToEither"/>
<tag position="Leito FF Aggressive Bed Missionary" tags="Leito,F_F,SingleBed,DoubleBed,Bed,Missionary,Aggressive,StrapOnToVagina"/>

<!-- Leito FF Aggressive Mattress -->
<tag position="Leito FF Aggressive Mattress Cowgirl" tags="Leito,F_F,Mattress,Cowgirl,FromFront,Aggressive,Cuffed,StrapOnToEither"/>
<tag position="Leito FF Aggressive Mattress Doggy" tags="Leito_Doggy_Aggressive" tags="Leito,F_F,Mattress,Doggy,Kneeling,FromBehind,Aggressive,Cuffed,StrapOnToEither"/>
<tag position="Leito FF Aggressive Mattress Missionary" tags="Leito,F_F,Mattress,Missionary,Aggressive,StrapOnToVagina"/>

<!-- =============================================================================================================================== -->

It looks like the tagData is gonna work, despite loads of user error on my part. Makes me wonder if that wasn't the problem before. No way of knowing though as my scripts have changed a lot since then. 

Edit: Yeah the more I get into it I think I just had my scripts set up wrong before, and was FAR less confident working with XMLs then so I was far more ready to just chalk it up to "this is bullshit" :D  To be fair though I do a lot more conditional tag checks than a typical mod.

For those interested with what I'm up against It is important for how my mod works to prevent the player from being able to switch between cuffed and uncuffed animations. To do that it's looking like this is what my tag settings are gonna have to look like, if I want the player to be able to start a scene with non cuffed aggressive anims. 

;tag settings    
If PositionChance == 0 ;Forced oral
    If AlreadyCuffed == True || CuffChance > 0
        settings.IncludeTags = "Cuffed"
        settings.ExcludeTags = "Indarello,GrayUser,Carry,Missionary,Powerbomb,FromBehind,Cowgirl,PenisToVagina,PenisToAnus,PenisToEither,Spanking"          
    ElseIf CuffChance == 0 
        settings.IncludeTags = "Aggressive"
        settings.ExcludeTags = "Indarello,GrayUser,Cuffed,Carry,Missionary,Powerbomb,FromBehind,Cowgirl,PenisToVagina,PenisToAnus,PenisToEither,Spanking"        
    Endif     
Elseif PositionChance == 1 ;Forced Vaginal
  If Psex == 0 ;Male
        settings.ExcludeTags = "Indarello,GrayUser,Carry,Missionary,Blowjob,Spanking" 
    Else  
        settings.ExcludeTags = "Indarello,GrayUser,Cuffed,Carry,Missionary,Blowjob,Spanking"
    Endif     
  Elseif Psex == 1 ;Female
    If AbuseChance == 2   
        settings.Position = ("Leito Powerbomb") 
    Else  
            settings.ExcludeTags = "Indarello,GrayUser,Blowjob,FromBehind,Spanking" 
        Else  
            settings.IncludeTags = "Aggressive,Powerbomb"
            settings.ExcludeTags = "Indarello,GrayUser,Cuffed,Blowjob,FromBehind,Spanking"
        Endif                 
    Endif   
  EndIf
Elseif PositionChance == 2 ;Forced Anal
        settings.ExcludeTags = "Indarello,GrayUser,Carry,Missionary,Powerbomb,Cowgirl,Blowjob,FromFront,Spanking" 
    Else  
        settings.ExcludeTags = "Indarello,GrayUser,Cuffed,Carry,Missionary,Powerbomb,Cowgirl,Blowjob,FromFront,Spanking"
    Endif     
Endif