4 hours ago, Gunnars said:

I got the dialogue working but there's not voice? (dont know if there is any) but the main thing is that once someone says "lets go somwhere quiet" or whatever, nothing happens, they just walk away?? Could it be my load order? I'm sure i got all the required mods active. Can someone please help?

No, no voice. Most mods use silent voice. You didn't make it clear before that it was a subtitle issue. That's pretty common. Make sure you have BOTH kinds turned on in the Gameplay settings.

It could be load order, INSTALL order (or left pane load order if you wisely use MO2), or whatever file load order bullshit vortex does with those dumb lines. Lacking required animations, lacking other requirements, Corrupted install of Hardship or any one of the requirements, using wrong patch version for the requirements you installed. Not deleting that one XML I told you to in the special instructions, wrong beta of AAF, Bad AAF install, , Using One Patch's Leito XMLs with the Polistro version. The phase of the fucking moon... not one of which I can help anybody with. 

download.gif.365a03b194fe0d5733c8da8b516e4b0a.gif

Sorry to bark at you this isn't your fault but the state of this scene makes it VERY hard to stay motivated to make difficult mods.

4 hours ago, Gunnars said:

someone says "lets go somwhere quiet"

At this point you can walk to the anywhere you want to have SEX and the NPC will follow you. Once at you destination (the place where you want to have sex) speak to the NPC again and the scene should start. hope this helps

32 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

At this point you can walk to the anywhere you want to have SEX and the NPC will follow you. Once at you destination (the place where you want to have sex) speak to the NPC again and the scene should start. hope this helps

Oh please god don't tell me this is the problem. Watch the videos people. :tired:

EDIT: Actually reread @Gunnars's complaint a little closer. If they walk away It can mean that the follow script is corrupted. Scripts (or any file) can become corrupted on install or even just laying around on the harddrive Try Redownloading the full 1.53 and the appropriate patch, and reinstalling both from the new files. I've personally had this happen with John Follow, and the pimp payment scripts.

After that, follow the instructions to delete the un-needed XML: _T_Leito_FF_Adjusted_positionData 

Sorry I didn't listen closer but I get sooooooo many complaints about "why don't animations work?" That I rather assume that when I hear this kind of complaint.

37 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

I got the dialogue working but there's not voice?

lol. At first there were voices but we all asked here to remove it, because it was awkward to hear Tentacus trying to read the lines with a girly voice.

18 minutes ago, JBpy said:

lol. At first there were voices but we all asked here to remove it, because it was awkward to hear Tentacus trying to read the lines with a girly voice.

Don't tempt me to do the "Doctor Girlfriend cut" I can do a Doc Hammer voice.

I have actually thought about using Text to speech, the problem is that most voices are too unconvincing. There are no American ones I've found as convincing the female english one from Audioflow (I did pay for it if anyone's curious) that I used to narrate the Hardship 1.5 video.  There's also the fact that Hardship has THOUSANDS of lines of dialogue. the file size would be WAY WAY WAY  too big for LL to host.

On 5/9/2020 at 7:07 PM, Tentacus said:

This is THE most common question asked, and one I can't really help you with. Next week I am gonna do a whole lot of compatibility testing with both Hardship final as well as the current version that's up on LL, with the latest AAF (which I am behind on updating) and see if I can get people some answers, cause I'm frankly sick of not knowing why some people have this issue. 

So I guess Stand by, or go back through the thread and see if you can find out anything.

EDIT: Do what @merManc did and try reinstalling everything from scratch.

That seemed to do it, thanks.

On a side-note, I've found in some circumstances when using a dialogue prompt to change the sex animation (for example, when a punter asks to do anal), the animation will often not use furniture, being on the floor instead. Also the roles are sometimes switched, i.e. the guy using the blowjob animation on my character who is female.

Otherwise, great mod, thanks!

Ok...is it this mod that does this? I was just doing my thing in Nuka World and was gonna check Piper's inventory as I was carrying to much and needed her to mule. There were dialogue options I hadn't seen before. Clicking thru them she and my character got it on. I didn' t know I could actually fuck a companion!  It wasn't a whoring session, it was the affinity thing in game. She's into my character.  I know about the game's 'love' mechanism which...is all talk and no action. But this was action! I assume it was this mod because the scene was broken up with flavor text boxes as is the norm for scenes with Hardship.

44 minutes ago, Malphias said:

Ok...is it this mod that does this? I was just doing my thing in Nuka World and was gonna check Piper's inventory as I was carrying to much and needed her to mule. There were dialogue options I hadn't seen before. Clicking thru them she and my character got it on. I didn' t know I could actually fuck a companion!  It wasn't a whoring session, it was the affinity thing in game. She's into my character.  I know about the game's 'love' mechanism which...is all talk and no action. But this was action! I assume it was this mod because the scene was broken up with flavor text boxes as is the norm for scenes with Hardship.

If you read the main post you will find everything that the mod offers. Including sex with companions.

2 hours ago, JHUNT said:

That seemed to do it, thanks.

On a side-note, I've found in some circumstances when using a dialogue prompt to change the sex animation (for example, when a punter asks to do anal), the animation will often not use furniture, being on the floor instead. Also the roles are sometimes switched, i.e. the guy using the blowjob animation on my character who is female.

Otherwise, great mod, thanks!

You have to turn on furniture anims in the Hardship menu. By default furniture anims have less variety in the transitions, but they are supported. My personal useage is to turn furniture on in Hardship. In the AAF .ini set the furniture chance to 100% but set the furniture scanning distance very close like < 200, then you can choose when you want it to happen, by taking the john right next to the bed.

As for the other part If you have unusual positions, that are set up against the standard "actor 1/actor 2" gender assignment or have your AAF ini set up to reverse genders this can sometimes happen, more rarely it can be Hardship's fault if the wrong global variable gets set, but I've personally never seen that in many versions and dozens of hours of play.

Edit: Up through 1.5 Hardship was really only tested using Leito animations, Rufgt old animations, and Savage Cabbage for furniture. Behavior with other packs may be unpredictable. For instance as of 1.5 Greyusers bondage animations (50 shades) confuses the shit out of Hardship.

As of 2.0/Final It will also be thoroughly tested with with BP70 and Atomic Lust (Both of which will be new requirements) It will also add custom unisex versions of some of greyusers bondage animations (50 shades) which will be INCLUDED with the mod.

1 hour ago, Malphias said:

Yes. You can offer companions sex. (any teammate including hired gunners) You can even offer them your virginity. There is no affinity check, It's just casual sex after all so even works on compoanions you can't "romance" Still I tried to keep it semi-immersive with the little "get to know you" dialogue.

Hmmm... Seems I never made a proper video on this feature. This is why I need to make a manual for the MCM. Some of the features are mentioned in passing here: https://motherless.com/FCBEF2C

here are some of the places it's discussed:

Note: If you ever want to whore yourself to your companions/followers Do that before offering it for free, otherwise you will lose the option. IIRC, you can still whore to them after doing it for free, if they are an existing customer when you do.

Update: 

I have a lot of RL work on my plate today so won't be starting my deep dive back into Hardship till tomorrow. May take at least a day of uninterrupted research to figure out where I left off before making the MCM. 

4 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Update: 

I have a lot of RL work on my plate today so won't be starting my deep dive back into Hardship till tomorrow. May take at least a day of uninterrupted research to figure out where I left off before making the MCM. 

Question...I don't think I've read it anywhere here so...can the turning off and on of Hardship be set to a key? Be easier than having to open the pipboy, select Apparel, and click it on or off. Sometimes I need standard dialogue first and then offer up my character second.

6 minutes ago, Malphias said:

Question...I don't think I've read it anywhere here so...can the turning off and on of Hardship be set to a key? Be easier than having to open the pipboy, select Apparel, and click it on or off. Sometimes I need standard dialogue first and then offer up my character second.

Use the Quick Inventory Menu. It is even faster than using it from MCM.

K6bE8.png.711b272f9b94cf75f6c17bf8fd13700f.png

2 hours ago, Malphias said:

As JBpy said it's designed to be used from the favorites menu. as shown in this video: https://motherless.com/1B7BA9A You can also currently do it from the MCM which is faster than the pipboy as well. That said, the next version will have a shortcut key.

Negotiation succesful!

20200513215600_1.jpg.997b04cca1746b59fb4d397f979ee6a6.jpg   20200513215612_1.jpg.44941ddbc9b6dddd86176a9a503af601.jpg

I've still got it baby! This is the witty, scintillating dialogue that you all come here for!

While adding this dialogue I tidied up the existing dialoguue a little to prevent potential crosstalk between Dogmeat and pimp dialogue, you could still potentially get in trouble with any mods that allow you to have more than one vanilla companion (Including Dogmeat) though just FYI.

Update: 

Cleaning up my MO2 mods folder (after backing it up) to prepare for compatibility testing. I cannot believe how many unused mods I had unchecked in there, from old profiles. Gonna strip it to the bone and back whats left up to Bluray. You never know when any single mod may disappear that you NEED, especially in these times. (Not to be morbid)

Feels good to be back working on Hardship. The ideas are starting to flow.

As usual... I've been very bad with keeping other people's mods up to date. I'm very nervous how this will affect Hardship once I get it all installed. That said, Man I really appreciate the new installer on the latest Savage Cabbage pack. Making the voice files optional sure saves me a lot of trouble deleting them. 

Keep up the good work man, and don’t feel bad about working on where ever your muse takes you. This mod and AAF really makes fallout 4 substantially more interesting game.

Haven’t tried scavvers closet yet, smashed from work and moving house mid pandemic but I’m looking forward to using it next play through over the next few weeks. 

So despite what I was told by some in this thread Themes still does not provide tags to the One Patch Leito positions. Halstrom seems resistant to do so since "One Patch is a dead horse", Despite the fact that the "Up to date guide" tells everybody to install One Patch and put Leito above it... :scream:

Aggghhh... Okay well I have a couple of options here. I can make Hardship REQUIRE Indarello going forward, or I can make my own patch that you install after One Patch that gives tags to the Leito staged animations. This would eliminate any need for Polistro's as it would duplicate it's function (Concerning Leito) completely. I am leaning toward the latter, as while Indarello has a lot of good aspects, most of it's features like adding all kinds of cum and random tattoos and shit at the end of every animation cycle frankly clash with Hardship.

On 5/15/2020 at 2:10 AM, sewersider said:

Keep up the good work man, and don’t feel bad about working on where ever your muse takes you. This mod and AAF really makes fallout 4 substantially more interesting game.

Haven’t tried scavvers closet yet, smashed from work and moving house mid pandemic but I’m looking forward to using it next play through over the next few weeks. 

You're the boss. If you are going to work more comfortably with your own patch, then better.

As for tattoos, I use TattooAfterRape, the mod only puts tattoos after aggressive scenes and according to factions, and does not mess with the AAF XML. For example, you can adjust that only raiders put tattoos (tattoos related to their faction, such as skulls, quotes against Minutemen, or relative to slavery, etc). I have updated with the IDs of more than 400 tattoos (currently the mod has 140) and I have sent the file to twisted to update it whenever he wants.

Hmm you more then likely know this all ready (sorry if i'm covering old ground). Indarello patch requires the One patch to be installed, were as Ulfberths patch dose not need The one patch as it has most of it integrated into his patch..... Just thinking out loud.