12 hours ago, KennedyMadeIt said:

In version 1.2 of Savage Cabbage in SavageCabbage_positionData.xml there is a space that needs to be removed after the location property on some of the elements.

For example:

<position id="SC-FM-Human-Couch01-01Tease" location ="Couches"/>

should be:

<position id="SC-FM-Human-Couch01-01Tease" location="Couches"/>

Wow I didn't know that mattered in XMLs that should be reported to @SavageCabbage which I guess I am doing now. :D  Thanks for the catch. I really am a Papyrus guy and only barely, though I boldly flail around like an idiot with XMLs. ? 

EDIT: I confirmed this is indeed the problem. XMLs are fucking finicky!

If anybody wants to fix it themselves until Savage Cabbage can patch it you can use the attached XML.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You don't need this if you use Indarello, Also this same typo exists in the One Patch XMLs, so if you have One Patch installed, and it installed the SC XMLs, even if it's overwritten by Savage Cabbage, or higher in the MO2 file load order those positions will still show up since it's a different XML, so you'll want to make sure you get rid of those XMLs or reinstall One patch without savage cabbage active in your load order, again this is unnecessary if you have Indarello as Indarello overwrites the One Patch XMLs.

I'll check UAP as well, but Ulfbearth is pretty meticulous so I don't expect to find anything. 

SavageCabbage_positionData.xml

Update:

Sadly I'm gonna be fairly busy the next couple of days and this update still needs some time in the oven, so It probably won't come out till monday at the earliest. Indarello fixes a LOT of shit, and trying to make this not need that (in any install with more than just Leito and Rufgt) requires some more heavy tweaking of the tags and a LOT more playtesting. I don't want to rush and make mistakes.

Thanks for your patience

Hi. I'm having a problem with Piper, using the Indarello version of Hardship.

Whenever I try to start sex with Piper through beggar whore mode, the animation doesn't play. I'm scratching my head as to why, because it's worked with every other companion I've tried it on, and Piper works with Sex Em Up without any problems. She's always agreed to sex, and I get the text box giving me the options of how energetically to start licking, but then Piper will just sandbox around. Thirty seconds or so later the next text box pops up, and eventually I'll get the end of scene boxes, but no animation ever plays. This is with a Nora, in case that's relevant. I haven't played a Nate yet.

So far, beggar whore sex has worked flawlessly with everyone else, including Curie, Cait, MacCready and Preston, just not with Piper. Has anyone else had this problem?

I know the next version is just around the corner, but I thought I'd mention it now in case it's something that might need a fix before the release.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, merManc said:

Hi. I'm having a problem with Piper, using the Indarello version of Hardship.

Whenever I try to start sex with Piper through beggar whore mode, the animation doesn't play. I'm scratching my head as to why, because it's worked with every other companion I've tried it on, and Piper works with Sex Em Up without any problems. She's always agreed to sex, and I get the text box giving me the options of how energetically to start licking, but then Piper will just sandbox around. Thirty seconds or so later the next text box pops up, and eventually I'll get the end of scene boxes, but no animation ever plays. This is with a Nora, in case that's relevant. I haven't played a Nate yet.

So far, beggar whore sex has worked flawlessly with everyone else, including Curie, Cait, MacCready and Preston, just not with Piper. Has anyone else had this problem?

I know the next version is just around the corner, but I thought I'd mention it now in case it's something that might need a fix before the release.

Thanks.

All of the followers use the same script for free sex so if it worked with Cait, and curie (and you got cunnilingus) It should work. Try redownloading and reinstalling Rufgt's old animations maybe, it's possible one of the positions got corrupted. Have you had Cunnilingus, (and 69) work with Hardship up to now? Where you handcuffed or not?

Oh this is important... was this free sex or prostitution? 

1 hour ago, fred200 said:

Best thing about working on Hardship - it keeps you safe at home.

There will be a Covid vaccine available before you are done!

Don't Believe the Hype. I rather have something that work's then one that mite work but has the potential to kill my gaming life.

5 hours ago, Tentacus said:

All of the followers use the same script for free sex so if it worked with Cait, and curie (and you got cunnilingus) It should work. Try redownloading and reinstalling Rufgt's old animations maybe, it's possible one of the positions got corrupted. Have you had Cunnilingus, (and 69) work with Hardship up to now? Where you handcuffed or not?

Oh this is important... was this free sex or prostitution? 

It was free sex. My Nora hasn't prostituted herself to any of her companions. It's... a complicated roleplay game, this one. Long story short, I'm playing her as an oblivious synth, and she's triggered into assassination mode or sex toy mode depending on what's playing on Classical Radio. That's proved somewhat awkward at times, but it's never boring. (I tried to have her join the robot race at Easy City Downs, triggered by the bugling, but it counted as running away from a menacing raider and she ended up having to destroy everyone and everything there.) When her sex subroutines kick in, she prostitutes herself to non-companions, but just lets her companions do whatever they want with her.

As far as I can remember, I was never handcuffed when speaking to Piper. With both Cait and Curie (and lots of raiders and clients) I've had cunnilingus and 69s, both with and without handcuffs. With Piper, I've tried at least three times in different places, once in her office as soon as she started following me, and two or more while out and about after the vanilla game relationship had progressed past at least her first conversation. She always agreed to sex, but the animations wouldn't play. As I said, I'm scratching my head as to why she should be different. I'll try downloading the animations again, and perhaps I'll cuff up and throw myself at her when I next play. Maybe she's just really kinky?

34 minutes ago, merManc said:

It was free sex. My Nora hasn't prostituted herself to any of her companions. It's... a complicated roleplay game, this one. Long story short, I'm playing her as an oblivious synth, and she's triggered into assassination mode or sex toy mode depending on what's playing on Classical Radio. That's proved somewhat awkward at times, but it's never boring. (I tried to have her join the robot race at Easy City Downs, triggered by the bugling, but it counted as running away from a menacing raider and she ended up having to destroy everyone and everything there.) When her sex subroutines kick in, she prostitutes herself to non-companions, but just lets her companions do whatever they want with her.

This is brilliant. :D 

34 minutes ago, merManc said:

As far as I can remember, I was never handcuffed when speaking to Piper. With both Cait and Curie (and lots of raiders and clients) I've had cunnilingus and 69s, both with and without handcuffs. With Piper, I've tried at least three times in different places, once in her office as soon as she started following me, and two or more while out and about after the vanilla game relationship had progressed past at least her first conversation. She always agreed to sex, but the animations wouldn't play. As I said, I'm scratching my head as to why she should be different. I'll try downloading the animations again, and perhaps I'll cuff up and throw myself at her when I next play. Maybe she's just really kinky?

I cannot imagine what could be causing this other than maybe her smoking flavor kicking in or somethiong and interupting AAF, I get the impression the latest version is more sensitive to interference. Sorry. Playtesting the companion sex is on the agenda so I'll see if I can reproduce it when I get there.

No problem, and thanks!

It's certainly been a fun and interesting playthrough. And while a lot of it has been manual and imagination-driven, Hardship has been very central to it. I think the Commonwealth has started to get the message by now that when Ride of the Valkyries comes on, you run for your life... ?

Out of curiosity now that I know my way around the Fomod creation tool I decided to open up One Patch 1.1.1's installer to see once and for all if the "is your player male or female" option actually does something (I've asked and never gotten a satisfactory answer). I couldn't find out because there are are WELL over 100 different optional file install permutations... and I am not gonna step through each one for simple curiosity. I sometimes think I am a maniac but geezus the fact that An3k ever even attempted something of that scale is impressive.

11 hours ago, merManc said:

just not with Piper. Has anyone else had this problem?

When it fails to start the animation, manually start the scene and it will play out normally. For me, it seems to be an Atomic Lust animation that Piper seems to really like, but wont play. I never worried about it.. for personal reasons. LOL

12 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

When it fails to start the animation, manually start the scene and it will play out normally. For me, it seems to be an Atomic Lust animation that Piper seems to really like, but wont play. I never worried about it.. for personal reasons. LOL

Thanks. I'll don my faded trench coat and investigate the lead. Could be that wearing handcuffs might be a good workaround after all.

Update:

I'm going to include an option to install a few alignment/erection tweak XMLs, cause Leito positions in one patch need it badly. For instance with the current morphset data, in Leito reverse carry the cock just slaps on the bottom of the girl's pussy. :D Several others have belly poke through. I dunno if they just keep making the dick longer with each Bodytalk revison or if it has to do with the morphs ? While I'm at it I'll probably add the MFG mouth open data so that the blowjob giver doesn't look like she's chomping at the dick. Mine won't look as good as Indarello's but it's better than nothing, and I can't in good conscience make instructions for a simple install that leads noobs to THAT experience.

Note that I keep saying she as this will only affect FF and FM animations. You still need UAP for Gay, 

13 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

I think it's the morph's as the dick dose not curve round enough at the end.

It's more a problem that it doesn't hinge enough at the base without distorting the entire shaft. For instance it's inpossible to get some extreme positions like Leito reverse Cowgirl 2 to work without making the dick freakishly warped. It can be mostly hidden using offsets though.

I do have to say learning you can put offsets directly in animation data for each stage makes XMLs FAR more versatile than when I thought you could only do it for an entire position data XML.

While I'm at it I'm using Ulfbearth's trick of updating the erection each stage which definitely results in less "ED".

This must be an issue with Body Talk. I don't use it, One Patch or Fusion Girl, and the alignment is spot on, well I may have adjusted a couple over time. LOL

I did have to remove the tweaks you made to Leitos blowjob, because she was getting poked in her upper lip. hehehe

1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

This must be an issue with Body Talk. I don't use it, One Patch or Fusion Girl, and the alignment is spot on, well I may have adjusted a couple over time. LOL

I did have to remove the tweaks you made to Leitos blowjob, because she was getting poked in her upper lip. hehehe

Yeah I imagine if you are still using Leito's original body the adjustments would be off.

Whew, I've learned way more than I bargained for about the looksmenu morphing system. It's not internally consistent even with the same morph settings in the xml. Sometimes it fires pefectly, sometimes it doesn't. It's not just  the good old flaccid dick, sometimes the dick will be erect but it'll miss another setting like "Erection down" or Erection up", this means that some amount of intermittent poke-through and misalignment is unavoidable. Still I've done a pretty good job of alignment and didn't just copy indarello's offsets. all those leaning back cowgirl poses were an absolute fucking nightmare.

I wasn't able to add an MFG wider open mouth to Leito blowjob because unfortunately the MFG sticks on staged anims, (and setting the mouth open to 0 doesn't help) I was able to do it for the aggressive blowjob as Indarello does though and it looks good.

Also I do not know what they are on about with BT3 "fixing erection problems once and for all", as far as I can tell performance with old animations like Leitos is 100% identical to what it ever was and it's down to limitations of the morphing system. Maybe they are talking about newer animations that will use dick bones.

Anyway I am still plugging away but I may be delayed if my TG-16 mini arrives today ?