12 hours ago, Dibidida said:

This is the best social sex mod. Hands down. Thank you for all your hard work on it.

That's really cool to say!

I've been a little sidetracked this week with a fairly major upgrade to another mod, but next week I should start putting out some interesting (or not) Hardship updates.

I just had a question, hope you don't mind. I've never used this mod, but I recently reinstalled Fallout 4 after a long break from it, mainly motivated by what I've seen of this mod (which looks absolutely brilliant, by the way).

Since I've been away from FO4 for quite a while, I've never used AAF (but just to be clear, I'm pretty experienced with modding Bethesda games so I'm sure I can get it up and running correctly).

From reading through this thread a bit, the impression I've gotten is that a) getting AAF stable and playing nicely with this mod and the differing XML patches out there is a bit of a pain, b) the final version of this mod will be released in the not too distant future, and c) when the final version of this mod is released, it'll be a significantly simpler installation process due to the incorporation of the upcoming One Patch To Bang Them All release.

So what I'm wondering is whether it's best for someone like me (who doesn't have AAF or Hardship installed yet) to just be a bit patient and wait for the final version, rather than starting from scratch with the current version immediately. I don't mind waiting a bit, if it results in a simpler and more stable end result.

46 minutes ago, Yossarian13 said:

I just had a question, hope you don't mind. I've never used this mod, but I recently reinstalled Fallout 4 after a long break from it, mainly motivated by what I've seen of this mod (which looks absolutely brilliant, by the way).

Since I've been away from FO4 for quite a while, I've never used AAF (but just to be clear, I'm pretty experienced with modding Bethesda games so I'm sure I can get it up and running correctly).

From reading through this thread a bit, the impression I've gotten is that a) getting AAF stable and playing nicely with this mod and the differing XML patches out there is a bit of a pain, b) the final version of this mod will be released in the not too distant future, and c) when the final version of this mod is released, it'll be a significantly simpler installation process due to the incorporation of the upcoming One Patch To Bang Them All release.

So what I'm wondering is whether it's best for someone like me (who doesn't have AAF or Hardship installed yet) to just be a bit patient and wait for the final version, rather than starting from scratch with the current version immediately. I don't mind waiting a bit, if it results in a simpler and more stable end result.

Time wait's for No one.

If it was Me personally and I did'nt mind waiting I would start putting a mod list together now and getting it working with AAF then by the time the next up date arrives I would have a nice stable base for it. full of all the mod's I want to work with it (and there are a few that work lovely with this mod )  .

There are a couple of good guides here on loverslab that will help you setup a base for AAF and other mods to go with it. here's one to get you started.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/139374-aaf-up-to-date-adult-oriented-setup-guide-19042020/

1 hour ago, Yossarian13 said:

From reading through this thread a bit, the impression I've gotten is that a) getting AAF stable and playing nicely with this mod and the differing XML patches out there is a bit of a pain,

Yes and no. The fewer sex mods you have installed the better. If you have all the animation packs, and a customized assortment of XML fiiles it'll be harder.

At the moment if you can follow Indarello's instructions EXACTLY (although I suggest using the erection fix and building your male body to BT2's specifications) and install all my requirements for that version it shouldn't be too hard. It is best to do that, test with AAF Sex Em up to make sure that animations called from scripts are working, then once comfortable with AAF install the Indarello version of Hardship. NOBODY should mess with the Polistro version at this point unless already using it.

b) the final version of this mod will be released in the not too distant future, and c) when the final version of this mod is released, it'll be a significantly simpler installation process due to the incorporation of the upcoming One Patch To Bang Them All release.

Soon is relative... an optimistic guess would be a month depending on burnout and RL distractions. How easy it will be to install versus the current version has to do with if One Patch 2.0 actually comes out which was a big ol: ?‍♂️even before the fucking apocalypse started. The difficulty is mostly from relative modding newbies, but make no mistake it's by no means plug and play (as much as I'd like it to be.) One way it will be better is there will be a FOMOD installer so at least I won't be introducing any XML conflicts of my own in the next version. 

I'd suggest you install AAF and get used to it, play around with what it can do on it's own (with just animation packs) Then get Sex Em up and maybe Violate and play around with those... Not seriously starting a game, just go to Abernathy farm and mess around. Getting comfortable with how AAF works versus say Sexlab or Sexout will be helpful when you do try Hardship. Personally I think AAF is great and @dagobaking did a fantastic job

I will warn you that the final version of Hardship will require a new save so you can take that into account if you want to try it sooner or not. :D

7 hours ago, mashup47 said:

Time wait's for No one.

If it was Me personally and I did'nt mind waiting I would start putting a mod list together now and getting it working with AAF then by the time the next up date arrives I would have a nice stable base for it. full of all the mod's I want to work with it (and there are a few that work lovely with this mod )  .

There are a couple of good guides here on loverslab that will help you setup a base for AAF and other mods to go with it. here's one to get you started.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/139374-aaf-up-to-date-adult-oriented-setup-guide-19042020/

Thanks for the advice and the link. I've slowly been putting my mod list together but I haven't gotten to AAF yet (but you're right, I should definitely get that up and running in advance of the Hardship update). 

You mentioned that there are a few mods that work really well with Hardship. Which ones would you recommend? I was thinking of adding Crime and Punishment, but I'd love to hear any other recommendations. 

7 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Yes and no. The fewer sex mods you have installed the better. If you have all the animation packs, and a customized assortment of XML fiiles it'll be harder.

At the moment if you can follow Indarello's instructions EXACTLY (although I suggest using the erection fix and building your male body to BT2's specifications) and install all my requirements for that version it shouldn't be too hard. It is best to do that, test with AAF Sex Em up to make sure that animations called from scripts are working, then once comfortable with AAF install the Indarello version of Hardship. NOBODY should mess with the Polistro version at this point unless already using it.

Soon is relative... an optimistic guess would be a month depending on burnout and RL distractions. How easy it will be to install versus the current version has to do with if One Patch 2.0 actually comes out which was a big ol: ?‍♂️even before the fucking apocalypse started. The difficulty is mostly from relative modding newbies, but make no mistake it's by no means plug and play (as much as I'd like it to be.) One way it will be better is there will be a FOMOD installer so at least I won't be introducing any XML conflicts of my own in the next version. 

I'd suggest you install AAF and get used to it, play around with what it can do on it's own (with just animation packs) Then get Sex Em up and maybe Violate and play around with those... Not seriously starting a game, just go to Abernathy farm and mess around. Getting comfortable with how AAF works versus say Sexlab or Sexout will be helpful when you do try Hardship. Personally I think AAF is great and @dagobaking did a fantastic job

I will warn you that the final version of Hardship will require a new save so you can take that into account if you want to try it sooner or not. :D

Thanks for all the info, that's really helpful. I'll definitely take your advice and get AAF up and running along with Sex Em Up to test things out and familiarise myself. 

As for how soon the final version will be released — no worries, there's no hurry at all. I'm really looking forward to using your mod (your preview videos looked so astoundingly good they're what compelled me to install FO4 again), but I'm more than happy to wait and work on my mod list in the meantime. 

And thanks for the info about needing a new save when the final version arrives. That alone has convinced me to hold off on Hardship for the time being and just finish my mod list — I'm the sort of person that gets attached to a single playthrough. 

@Yossarian

Good start with the "Crime and Punishment"  especially if you plan on playing a low level character you mite also want to try Violate, Advanced needs, Real Hand cuffs,  Family Planning, RSE, Tales of the commonwealth, Subways of the commonwealth,  Sim Settlements 3 in 1, Captive Tattoo's. I 'l leave the rest for you to discover them.

Update:

Just an FYI guys it may be a couple of days till I get back to working on Hardship, I had a bit of a breakthrough with another mod that is gonna make it a lot cooler (to me anyway). I just wanted you to know I haven't forgotten about you :D , and anyway the stuff I've been learning could be benificial to Hardship.

congratz for your awesome job man! From time to time i try working hardship with one patch but had no luck so far. So my entire afternoon passed with deleting one patch and reinstalling everything from scratch. 

After a while i managed to install AAF and tested out with SEU and its all working perfectly. But when it comes to hardship animations simply does not start. I dont know what i am doing wrong. I followed every instruction you have given but sitll nothing happens. I believe its not related to AAF since SEU is working fine. Do you have any suggestions? thank you very much!

1 hour ago, magehunter12 said:

congratz for your awesome job man! From time to time i try working hardship with one patch but had no luck so far. So my entire afternoon passed with deleting one patch and reinstalling everything from scratch. 

After a while i managed to install AAF and tested out with SEU and its all working perfectly. But when it comes to hardship animations simply does not start. I dont know what i am doing wrong. I followed every instruction you have given but sitll nothing happens. I believe its not related to AAF since SEU is working fine. Do you have any suggestions? thank you very much!

Which patch version are you using? I suggest you use the Indarello version, but if you do, you need to follow his installation instructions closely. Load order, install, order, all of it, even the things that don't make sense. If you look back in this thread you might find some help on that front. 

The next version will be directly compatible with One Patch, but it's at least a month out.

5 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Which patch version are you using? I suggest you use the Indarello version, but if you do, you need to follow his installation instructions closely. Load order, install, order, all of it, even the things that don't make sense. If you look back in this thread you might find some help on that front. 

The next version will be directly compatible with One Patch, but it's at least a month out.

I have indarello patch but i am not sure what indarello is as a standalone, i find his profile and already have his squirt cum effect patch but dunno what else i need. I searched deeply in the thread but couldnt pinpoint any instructions. If anyone can tell me about what file to download and what steps to take i would be really glad.

29 minutes ago, magehunter12 said:

I have indarello patch but i am not sure what indarello is as a standalone, i find his profile and already have his squirt cum effect patch but dunno what else i need. I searched deeply in the thread but couldnt pinpoint any instructions. If anyone can tell me about what file to download and what steps to take i would be really glad.

indarello's patch go's last after the One Patch To Bang Them All,  indarello's patch/mod Fix's a lot of stuff like the one patch to bang them all, XML's,.. and Add 's animations and overlays. There is a good guide here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/139374-aaf-up-to-date-adult-oriented-setup-guide-19042020/ . Just remember Load order is the key to success of modding well that and reading the instructions. :angel:

2 hours ago, mashup47 said:

indarello's patch go's last after the One Patch To Bang Them All,  indarello's patch/mod Fix's a lot of stuff like the one patch to bang them all, XML's,.. and Add 's animations and overlays. There is a good guide here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/139374-aaf-up-to-date-adult-oriented-setup-guide-19042020/ . Just remember Load order is the key to success of modding well that and reading the instructions. :angel:

thank you for your help! I did everything asked in the post but unfortunately still nothing good. After One patch, AAF  basically gets stuck on %30 loading.

Is One patch mandatory for Hardship? No way to make it work without it?

35 minutes ago, magehunter12 said:

thank you for your help! I did everything asked in the post but unfortunately still nothing good. After One patch, AAF  basically gets stuck on %30 loading.

Is One patch mandatory for Hardship? No way to make it work without it?

The freezing means there is a bad XML somewhere. Uninstall Hardship and see if it loads with Indarello. If it does Reinstall Hardship (1.53, and then the latest Indarello patch)

Then go in and If you haven't done so already... remove the XML: _T_Leito_FF_Adjusted_positionData from your Data: AAF  (Or if using MO2 as you should your Hardship AAF folder) It's an old XML that isn't used anymore that causes some people trouble. 

If that doesn't help make sure you don't have any other AAF mods installed that have XMLs

It's also possible there is just a corrupt file somewhere and redownloading then reinstalling AAF, and the other mods may help.

If it still won't get past 30 without Hardship it's not a hardship conflict. 

Hey tentacus great mod i really love it.

but i have the same problem like megahunter12 would be glad if you could help me ^^

if i start a animation through hardship f/f works fine but if i start it with a men he just stands there and walks away like nothing happend and i can also walk.

aaf works fine through aaf i can do all animations with ff and mf but its bugged with hardship

12 hours ago, Tentacus said:

The freezing means there is a bad XML somewhere. Uninstall Hardship and see if it loads with Indarello. If it does Reinstall Hardship (1.53, and then the latest Indarello patch)

Then go in and If you haven't done so already... remove the XML: _T_Leito_FF_Adjusted_positionData from your Data: AAF  (Or if using MO2 as you should your Hardship AAF folder) It's an old XML that isn't used anymore that causes some people trouble. 

If that doesn't help make sure you don't have any other AAF mods installed that have XMLs

It's also possible there is just a corrupt file somewhere and redownloading then reinstalling AAF, and the other mods may help.

If it still won't get past 30 without Hardship it's not a hardship conflict. 

no no, i didnt think One patch issue was related to Hardship, one patch is just not working out for me. I was trying to understand if i can make hardship work without one patch, at least until an update shows up.

58 minutes ago, schneelotusfnv said:

but i have the same problem like megahunter12 would be glad if you could help me ^^

if i start a animation through hardship f/f works fine but if i start it with a men he just stands there and walks away like nothing happend and i can also walk.

aaf works fine through aaf i can do all animations with ff and mf but its bugged with hardship

Also i should mention that my issue is identical to his. I also could make f/f work but not m/f or f/m

edit: last i tried even f/f didnt work, just to update.

Not to insult anyone but YOU ARE installing both the full 1.53, and the patch right? Not JUST the patch. (Sorry, but I gotta make sure)

2 hours ago, schneelotusfnv said:

This sounds like it's not finding any animations. which again points to an XML issue, or not having the animations installed properly or in the right order. You have themes right? If running Indarello version make extremely sure you installed ALL his requirements in the exact order he said and that includes the Leito voice fix (even though it's redundant)

1 hour ago, magehunter12 said:

no no, i didnt think One patch issue was related to Hardship, one patch is just not working out for me. I was trying to understand if i can make hardship work without one patch, at least until an update shows up.

Also i should mention that my issue is identical to his. I also could make f/f work but not m/f or f/m

edit: last i tried even f/f didnt work, just to update.

One Patch is a requirement of Indarello, though he overwrites 90% of it. If you've uninstalled One Patch that could be a huge part of your problem. I'd suggest you uninstall everything, follow indarello's instructions very closely as you reinstall (except get the penis patch and build the body the right way.... not his way) Other than that I dunno what to say guys, there are just too many things that could be the culprit.

Anybody else reading this who's had these kind of problems please see if you can help them

In a few days I'll back everything up and install the latest AAF, and indarello etc...  just to make sure something hasn't changed that hates Hardship. and prioritize compatibility in general.

8 hours ago, chuBBies1 said:

@Tentacus If you don't mind me asking, which mod is undergoing said 'breakthrough'? Is it one of the new ones like Scavver's or is it an older one. I'm just curious to see any developments.

It's Scavver's Closet. Been overhauling how it works for a while, but thanks to some help I got I'm adding a last minute feature before release. How cool you think it is depends on how much of a masochistic immersion freak you are :D

39 minutes ago, schneelotusfnv said:

hey i figuered it out

i dont know why but with your patch it dont work but without it it worked fine i hope for magehunter12 its the same

This raises more questions than it answers. 

37 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

Which patch? there are TWO patch's

Exactly. 

Anyway this isn't much of a "solution" as the patches exist for a reason, but if it works well enough for you until final comes out then have fun. Final is gonna require a fresh save anyway so there's no harm in it... Just don't bring any bugs to me that were fixed in the patches.