I didn't have much time to work on Hardship today and when I did I struggled a bit... but now when you go into beggar/whore mode it plays the little musical stinger that I use to open my videos, and when you turn it off it plays another tiny sad piano stinger. (also from my videos) I honestly just did it cause I thought it'd be funny, but it's actually kinda nice. You know what mode you're in without looking at the notification when hitting the hotkey.

A note to the modders I've given permission to use my sound effects. When the next version comes out don't use those stingers. One is liccensed music that I have the right to use, and the other is attribution (It'll be in the credits)

The hardest part of porting the old Menu script over is having to look at my UGLY-ass newb code. I have no idea what I was thinking with all that cascading indents bullshit. 

Anyway the MCM is almost done and it is :kiss_wink:. As I feared porting over the utilities menu was the hardest. I'm gonna need a day or 2 after this as this shit FRIED me. At least now I know what I'm doing for next time.

14 hours ago, eddie murphy said:

I know this is probably a bad time to bring this up: would it be exceedingly difficult at this stage to add S.P.E.C.I.A.L. checks to roleplay options?

I have no intention to. There may already be 1 or 2 Intelligence and Charisma checks in there though for very specific things (I honestly don't remember), and I may add one or 2 when adding the dialogue for the new attributes, but I wouldn't expect anything widespread.

Strength is definitely used though. It directly affects your ability to escape during sexual assaults. 

Whew, this is the first time I've been able to get LL to load all day.

Update: 

The MCM is done and working for all existing features though I'll probably have to ammend it at the end of this dev cycle. I also intend to add a lite manual as the last page so people can get an overview of how to play and any features not mentioned in the descriptions of the various menu options.

Hey, Tentacus. My Nora wears clothes from EasyGirl, and Hardship considers her naked if she wears them. I was wondering if there is any keyword that I could add in CK or Fo4Edit to certain clothes so that the mod recognizes them as clothes. If not possible, no problem. Nothing that roleplaying doesn't solve, hehe.

3 hours ago, JBpy said:

Hey, Tentacus. My Nora wears clothes from EasyGirl, and Hardship considers her naked if she wears them. I was wondering if there is any keyword that I could add in CK or Fo4Edit to certain clothes so that the mod recognizes them as clothes. If not possible, no problem. Nothing that roleplaying doesn't solve, hehe.

I'm not sure what you mean? Hardship doesn't do any nudity detection. If you mean it doesn't strip the clothes, I only strip slot 33 (11) and the armor and backpack slots, so then it's down to whatever your AAF strip settings are. If the problem is something else please elaborate. If it is that you may need to change the slots on the clothing, or combine pieces into an outfit in outfit studio or nifskope.

If you are getting messages or dialogue about being naked it's some other mod. I would have done stuff like that but I haven't found any detection methods I've tried to be reliable.

2 hours ago, Tentacus said:

I'm not sure what you mean? Hardship doesn't do any nudity detection. If you mean it doesn't strip the clothes, I only strip slot 33 (11) and the armor and backpack slots, so then it's down to whatever your AAF strip settings are. If the problem is something else please elaborate. If it is that you may need to change the slots on the clothing, or combine pieces into an outfit in outfit studio or nifskope.

If you are getting messages or dialogue about being naked it's some other mod. I would have done stuff like that but I haven't found any detection methods I've tried to be reliable.

Ah, what happens is that Isabel usually asks Nora to work completely naked, and then when Nora approaches a client, the client reacts as if she were naked, but is wearing EasyGirl clothes.

For example, NPCs often say, "What the fuck?", And Nora often replies, "Oh god ... This isn't my decision! My Mistress ordered me to go out like this! You've got to believe me. !". The problem is that I cannot put the EasyGirl clothes as slot 33, because it has several pieces. Top, thong, skirt, high heels, rings, etc. But, oh well, it's not a big deal either.

Much more important is the new update, so keep working you have great ideas. If you accept suggestions, and I don't think this is too complicated for someone of your ability, the new pimp could give "drug mule" missions, for Solomon or Wolfgan, lol.

11 hours ago, JBpy said:

Ah, what happens is that Isabel usually asks Nora to work completely naked, and then when Nora approaches a client, the client reacts as if she were naked, but is wearing EasyGirl clothes.

For example, NPCs often say, "What the fuck?", And Nora often replies, "Oh god ... This isn't my decision! My Mistress ordered me to go out like this! You've got to believe me. !". The problem is that I cannot put the EasyGirl clothes as slot 33, because it has several pieces. Top, thong, skirt, high heels, rings, etc. But, oh well, it's not a big deal either.

Much more important is the new update, so keep working you have great ideas. If you accept suggestions, and I don't think this is too complicated for someone of your ability, the new pimp could give "drug mule" missions, for Solomon or Wolfgan, lol.

That's because Isabel nudity stuff works on the honor system. I really ought to go and try to detect that properly... but naughty you for disobeying Mistress!! 

If I remember I'll look into it. At the time I was making Isabel I just didn't want to fuck with making the nudity checks work because the things I was trying weren't working consistently, and she was already a nightmare to get working. It is kinda shoddy to do it that way, though so I probably will look into fixing it. If I do that I could actually assign disobedience points and get your ass in trouble. (as I do with the other tasks)

Hi everyone,

first of all, i'd like to thank the autor for this amazing work, this mod look awesome.

But I have some troublesome with it and I don't succed to find any solution to my problem.

After a lot of testing and reserch I finaly decide to demand your help, altough i did not sur if this is really a bug.

So, when I speak to my companion "Vex the commonwealth's knife fighter"I ask her if she is interested in women, and finally have sex with her but there's nothing happen, only a fade screen and then a description of what we did... that's all. Is everyone have this issue ? Or is this just normal ? And there 's no voice and text when she answer me. 

It's my first post and english is not my native language, i'm sorry if I not speak well.  Thank you for your answer :) 

Her some screeshot of what happen

Spoiler

46CB9129D4835CC638EAB2F05999AE0D0E363735FCFCAED0F0E2917AD775966CC238C32FC7903D77223DFC244617D8006BD81E854829DE16437F7D8C

4 hours ago, Cavalerie said:

Hi everyone,

first of all, i'd like to thank the autor for this amazing work, this mod look awesome.

But I have some troublesome with it and I don't succed to find any solution to my problem.

After a lot of testing and reserch I finaly decide to demand your help, altough i did not sur if this is really a bug.

So, when I speak to my companion "Vex the commonwealth's knife fighter"I ask her if she is interested in women, and finally have sex with her but there's nothing happen, only a fade screen and then a description of what we did... that's all. Is everyone have this issue ? Or is this just normal ? And there 's no voice and text when she answer me. 

It's my first post and english is not my native language, i'm sorry if I not speak well.  Thank you for your answer :) 

Her some screeshot of what happen

Reveal hidden contents

46CB9129D4835CC638EAB2F05999AE0D0E363735FCFCAED0F0E2917AD775966CC238C32FC7903D77223DFC244617D8006BD81E854829DE16437F7D8C

Make sure you have the animation requirements installed properly and have read all special instructions then look back on these topics, if that doesn't help. If this is your firest AAF mod then STOP! and go get AAF working with AAF SEx Em Up first.

Sorry if I'm blunt but I get this question A LOT.

7 hours ago, undeadcarrot said:

When I have this installed, loading a game / starting a game stays in the main menu with the spinning load icon indefinitely. Any ideas? Any logs to look at?

If it stays on the menu screen I have no idea. sounds like a bigger problem than any one mod. Could be a corrupted save even if it works without Hardship, it could be that whatever corruption doesn't like Hardship... Though you did say this happens when starting a new game too so I haven't a clue. If it works normally without Hardship then obviously re-download and reinstall Hardship as you could have a corrupted download... but still I can't begin to imagine how it would affect the game at the UI level like this.

If it was eternally loading on the load screen that would be a well known Vanilla issue.

3 hours ago, undeadcarrot said:

Reinstalling a bunch of stuff fixed it.

I'm really glad. I honestly super hate when people can't play my mod but at the same time when people come at me it freaks me out. I've done my best with all my testing and my setup it works for me. 

So it seems after a hiatus, you are back at it with a good bit of feature creep. I still remember coming across the development forum of this mod and being very intrigued...  but man the mod in it's entirety is something to behold.  I'm just glad that you can take breaks and still enjoy working on these projects.

4 hours ago, Cavalerie said:

Thank you very much for your help, now it works perfectly except for the text when I speak with an npc.

I followed the instructions to the letter but I don't know how to get the subtitles
I'm really sorry to bother you with my problems, if someone knows how to do it, can you help me one last time ? Thank you so much. 

image.png

The subtitles issue comes up a lot actually. It's not specific to my mod. You need to go to your Fallout 4 Gameplay settings and turn on BOTH of the subtitle options there. I'll add a note about that in my manual when I release the final version.

Also make sure you DON'T use the mod F4z Ro D-oh - Silent Voice as it breaks player subtitles. (Last I checked)

8 hours ago, chuBBies1 said:

So it seems after a hiatus, you are back at it with a good bit of feature creep. I still remember coming across the development forum of this mod and being very intrigued...  but man the mod in it's entirety is something to behold.  I'm just glad that you can take breaks and still enjoy working on these projects.

Yeah. I didn't take breaks for a long time. Sometimes just working on another mod for a couple of days helps. Shouldering such a massive mod, AND having to deal with the unique problems of the AAF ecosystem can be a lot. Anyway thanks for the kind words.

Interesting anomaly:

I had a Menacing Raider in a power suit, and I was in a power suit. Rape scenario.

Surprisingly, AAF got us both out of the suits successfully. Scene played.

After it was over, pipboy was gone. Power suit pipboy functioned correctly.

Changing camera view did not help. equipitem got the pipboy back - but it did not work.

Only solution was a rollback.

Tried the same Raider again, but exited the suit first. That one played correctly. Did not lose pipboy.

Having fun with this mod.

23 minutes ago, fred200 said:

Interesting anomaly:

I had a Menacing Raider in a power suit, and I was in a power suit. Rape scenario.

Surprisingly, AAF got us both out of the suits successfully. Scene played.

After it was over, pipboy was gone. Power suit pipboy functioned correctly.

Changing camera view did not help. equipitem got the pipboy back - but it did not work.

Only solution was a rollback.

Tried the same Raider again, but exited the suit first. That one played correctly. Did not lose pipboy.

Having fun with this mod.

Wow... Now that's an edgecase I didn't account for (Nor will I lol...) Honestly though I should really make it so they are scared of you when you are in PA, like they are if you have Strong or Danse with you. (You can't get raped in those situations, only released or start combat) I'll add that to the list.

35 minutes ago, darkhighlander said:

Love this mod so much, seriously great bit of work.

Got stuck in a bit of a loop with Isabelle though. My Char had got a collar stuck on her from a previous Violate encounter and I was unable to remove it as I did not know the code after connecting my pip boy to it - guessing this was Real Handcuffs kicking in. Anyway, fast forward to Queen Isabelle and the part where she gives me the handmade slave collar to wear, well I couldn`t take off my existing one....and so she kicked the shit outta me every time I saw her...eventually pissed me off so much, I beat the crap out of her and enslaved her via Just Business lol. She makes a pretty little slave slut!

One thing that would be amazing in this mod, when you get a bad boyfriend....if he occasionally said to you something like " You stink, Whore, go bathe while I fuck your girlfriend..." and then the mod did a scene with whatever female vanilla companion you have with you...it would be as if Piper/Cait had got interested in being a Sub after seeing you get molested enough times...would just add some neat extra interaction. Just an idea, probably a fair bit of work I guess?  I just thought it weird RPing a slut travelling with vanilla companions and they just have no involvement. Wouldn`t they get horny seeing Nora getting fucked like a good little whore...:P

Worth considering. I am going to probaby do some small bad boyfriend expansion.

As for the collar thing I should probably add a way you can make an excuse about that since there are mods that add the shock collar, and anybody who has Hardship WILL have Real handcuffs.. I'll add it to the list.