3 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

@Tentacus

After some 'tech support' frustrations on the AAF discord, and seeing this still present for both this and Hospitality;

I thought I'd ask and clarify things.
Why, exactly, is Polistiro's a hard requirement?

Because that part about the Themes is incorrect.
An3k asked Halstrom [Themes author] to help tag most, if not all, of the anim packs the One Patch covered, which he did [with a little help from a couple of us present].
Can check in the *PositionData.xml's of each author's packs, if you wanna see for yourself what tags, if any, were included.

In doing this, Hal also adjusted/rewrote the Themes around v190626, to accommodate the new naming scheme, however he also kept the old tags as well, for those not using the One Patch/still using Polistiro's patch.
Thus without some other reason for leaving Polistiro's patch as a requirement, is questionable at best.

When I started working on this mod Polistros was the only game in town for staged leito... One patch didn't exist yet. It calls those position names directly and since An3k for some reason used radically different names for essentially the same positions,.. That was one problem.

Unless Halstrom released a new themes in the last year that I didn't notice (possible) Then NO... tags will not work with One Patch 1.1.1 for the leitos positions (except aggressive... partially, exclude tags don't work) since, those were tagged in the Position XML) I'm well aware that Halstrom has tagged the positions for One Patch 2.0, but the old themes still points at Polistros AFAIK. 

EDIT: It appears there have been several Themes releases I haven't noticed and nobody bothered to tell me about. I'll download it and have a look. If there is one thing that I prefer about the nexus it's that it is MUCH easier to tell when a file was updated at a glance.

Polistros won't be supported in the next version AT ALL, so this isn't really a problem I need to worry about, I've already been converting the next version to call both One Patch and Indarello names. If Themes really does work with Leito now that means it should work even if One patch 2.0 isn't out yet which is great.

3 hours ago, Tentacus said:

When I started working on this mod Polistros was the only game in town for staged leito... One patch didn't exist yet. It calls those position names directly and since An3k for some reason used radically different names for essentially the same positions,.. That was one problem.

I'm aware that, at least as you developed Hardship, that the One Patch was yet to arrive, however, at least to go by the LL topic post dates, the One Patch preceded Hardship by ~2 months.
Halstrom's Themes updated several times around the same time, with v190626 being one of the more 'stable' ones, as I believe he was experimenting with Stats at the time, which as I was referencing in my initial comment, contains both naming schemes.

tags will not work with One Patch 1.1.1 for the leitos positions (except aggressive... partially, exclude tags don't work) since, those were tagged in the Position XML)

The included 'Aggressive' tags in the One Patch position XML were mostly a 'fall-back' if a user didn't have the Themes, but used the One Patch with say, Violate.
And should, assuming things worked correctly, have been overridden by the Themes, due to loadPriority.

But putting that to one side;

If there is one thing that I prefer about the nexus it's that it is MUCH easier to tell when a file was updated at a glance.

Agreed, that's one of the main downsides of LL in my experience.

Polistros won't be supported in the next version AT ALL, so this isn't really a problem I need to worry about, I've already been converting the next version to call both One Patch and Indarello names. If Themes really does work with Leito now that means it should work even if One patch 2.0 isn't out yet which is great.

I did see the Indarello version you had up, at least, and that is good to know.

However, I then have to wonder, how were you calling these animations in the first place?
I would have thought, particularly if there was recent "upheaval" as it were, that calling specific animations from directly from their respective plugins would be more beneficial, if perhaps, a little more difficult. Particularly with a small selection of [or specific, singular] animations.

But that's in the past, I suppose.
And since you do have a non-Polistiro-patch version, and are moving even further from it, it's probably best to leave it in the past.

4 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

I'm aware that, at least as you developed Hardship, that the One Patch was yet to arrive, however, at least to go by the LL topic post dates, the One Patch preceded Hardship by ~2 months.

Yeah, I worked on Hardship for well over a year. Fourplay was still considered the main sex mod for FO4 when I started. Hardship was gonna be a quick little side mod to learn AAF for converting THE PREVIOUS mod I worked on for a year and never released :p. It was already pretty complex at the time of release and I knew NOTHING about XMLs back then so I was hessitant for a long time to edit all the scripts to make it play nice with one patch.

4 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

However, I then have to wonder, how were you calling these animations in the first place?
I would have thought, particularly if there was recent "upheaval" as it were, that calling specific animations from directly from their respective plugins would be more beneficial, if perhaps, a little more difficult. Particularly with a small selection of [or specific, singular] animations.

I usually use tags to start a scene but then call specific positions during the interaction phase. At this point in Hardship's development a lot of my direct calls are my own Custom XMLs that don't need any other mod but AAF and the animations, but not all. There's still some legacy ones in there, that weren't worth making my own for. If I was smart I'd just do them all and be done with this shit.

Update:

Breaks are good. I had a great idea for a small quest that will function as a teaser/prequel to the evil player expansion. This means that the final version of Hardship may take slightly longer to release but WILL include the new male dominant pimp.

In addition to that I learned several new skills and tricks while working on the 2 mini mods I released.

1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

Update:

Breaks are good. I had a great idea for a small quest that will function as a teaser/prequel to the evil player expansion. This means that the final version of Hardship may take slightly longer to release but WILL include the new male dominant pimp.

In addition to that I learned several new skills and tricks while working on the 2 mini mods I released.

Delay release and make this pimp please!

Update

Making progress on the MCM learning. Just took me some time to come to grips with the JSON format since I don't know diddly shit about Java. I'm exited about the possibilities. I'm kicking around the idea of including a full in-game manual.

On 4/7/2020 at 12:09 AM, Tentacus said:

Update:

Sounds pretty great! Your mod makes fallout 4 more interesting. Definitely interested in the new pimp and integrating your exploding collar start.

12 hours ago, sewersider said:

Sounds pretty great! Your mod makes fallout 4 more interesting. Definitely interested in the new pimp and integrating your exploding collar start.

Thanks!

-----

UPDATE:

MCM learning is still going slow just having a really hard time understanding the syntax of JSONs so I'm having to search for examples to copy. Getting fairly fluent at Papyrus has spoiled me as I rarely have to look at other people's code anymore.

I did discover something new about Papyrus though. If you forget to register a property in the CK, and then call a getitemcount on it, it'll come back as HAVING the item. Kinda counter-intuitive.

51 minutes ago, justforcensor said:

Solid mod. Lots of fitures to explore. But what exactly patches do?

Scroll to the bottom of this page and look at the "what's new" section 

51 minutes ago, justforcensor said:

is it possible to make choises during transaction in dialog form not the pop up menu? Thank you!

No, that's not possible during an AAF scene.

Happy Easter!

Sorry the pic is a bit of a stretch... I have a shocking lack of bunny themed artwork in my portfolio.

Rabbithole.jpg.59952c6a11dc606018c6059b889e866a.jpg

That image is actually the sequel to this one:

Spoiler

AliceRM.jpg.9256840f2ecb8a27d70e57237884af46.jpg

Update:

The MCM learning is going well and I should hopefully be able to bash out the MCM in a day or 2. Especially now that I know web based JSON verifiers are a thing... I mean seriously that syntax is some confusing bullshit!!!!

Update:

Getting to work on the MCM. Many of you will be happy about this:

_1.jpg.64cd3bc4ac0dcc0a3c00786e3494da81.jpg

The "classic" menu object will no longer be added automatically, nor will it have drop protection (beyond self deletion) You will still be able to add it though from the utilities MCM page.

I'll probably change the activation to a simple on off toggle rather than a stepper, as I think it looks cleaner. I'm using CAP's MCM as a template as he has pretty much every kinda doodad I need. The plan is to lay out the pages to make sure the formatting works then go in and painstakingly point all the menu items at Hardship's forms instead of CAPs.

Guys this MCM is gonna be luxurious.

Ugh... The problem is... Making this new MCM gives me some new ideas... This mod is never coming out! 

?

_1.jpg.99c869e2e6b4614ec94701c2e23effce.jpg

So obviously Darla here would be Ugly/Disfigured, (Scars) Hyper-sexual, (tattoos) and In her Prime. 

20200331204558_1.jpg.ba54ecd5214e70c3589a079fb713770c.jpg

You'd also want to choose hyper-sexual if you are wearing Isabel's collar.

I can't believe I am adding even more dialogue to this thing... sigh...

Oh and for those who are using Scavver's Closet (all 5 of you) I will be adding some method of preventing the clothing dropped by hardcore stripping from being re-evaluated either in this mod or that one.

4 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Oh and for those who are using Scavver's Closet (all 5 of you) I will be adding some method of preventing the clothing dropped by hardcore stripping from being re-evaluated either in this mod or that one.

I love to hear that :)

Two Questions regarding Hardship functions:

Recently i tried out the follower function (Reward them with a good time), i chose MacCready as test subject, the dialogue always ended with a bj, are other sex types bound to the relationship with the chosen companion?

With enough intercourse my toons becomes well known throughout the commonwealth. In my case guards in DC started harassing her. Is this effect reversible (x days no sex) or does it stay this way? Just a curious question, switching off B/W mode lets me run around without trouble, so no biggie anyway.

4 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Ugh... The problem is... Making this new MCM gives me some new ideas... This mod is never coming out! 

?

So obviously Darla here would be Ugly/Disfigured, (Scars) Hyper-sexual, (tattoos) and In her Prime. 

Wait... I use it so I am in the Top 5 Elite Gamers now?? :)  Oh... I am old polistro (maybe us 5 are? lol) - it will be awhile till I upgrade but will look forward to it one day!

Love your work and using crackle as well... (more than 5?)  

John

1 hour ago, Soul_Hunter said:

I love to hear that :)

Two Questions regarding Hardship functions:

Recently i tried out the follower function (Reward them with a good time), i chose MacCready as test subject, the dialogue always ended with a bj, are other sex types bound to the relationship with the chosen companion?

Nah sounds like the vanilla dice roll jank. If you try it another on another load it'll probably work right. 

image.png.03f21fea496375cfbb59480e1abcf77c.png

1 hour ago, Soul_Hunter said:

With enough intercourse my toons becomes well known throughout the commonwealth. In my case guards in DC started harassing her. Is this effect reversible (x days no sex) or does it stay this way? Just a curious question, switching off B/W mode lets me run around without trouble, so no biggie anyway.

It starts after you turn 5 tricks. I may tie it in to the new Provocativeness attribute in the final version, It can't be reversed but there is a secret way to get temporary relief from it in DC, but not in Goodneighbor. Otherwise when not hooking you can deactivate BW mode, and they'll leave you alone. and just stay a few feet away from them, they will only harass you when you get in the proximity to trigger their barks.

9 hours ago, Tentacus said:

?

Take your time. With each new Idea mod is better and better. I love disfigured addition to Ugly character. I am currently work on on several characters for some amount of play-through. And some of them have ugly scars, beatings and burns because of resent events.

17 hours ago, Tentacus said:

?

Working for a software company (as Java dev :D) I can tell you, this is one of the reasons why people invented stuff like agile development, or scrum.

Try to stick to short iterations of 2 to 3 weeks, and do not move the goalposts within that time.

After 2 to 3 weeks, evaluate your product and then correct the direction that you are heading to for the next iteration.

Great mod btw. Never seen so much interactivity within an AAF mod.

15 hours ago, Winterr1 said:

Take your time. With each new Idea mod is better and better. I love disfigured addition to Ugly character. I am currently work on on several characters for some amount of play-through. And some of them have ugly scars, beatings and burns because of resent events.

Well it's always been meant to be that way I just updated the descripttion to be more clear. That's why the comments were vague insults. There will be specific comments for the new attributes though.

13 hours ago, CWhitebear said:

Are there any particular triggers to the Isabel content? After buying Home Plate she tells me to fix it up a bit but after that nothing new happens.

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm playing a female character.

That's the extent of that interaction it's just a roleplaying reason to buy the house. However when you own the house you can invite up to 7 people to house parties (+ take one regular johm) and make more money by having them all in one place. Watch the House Parties and Pimps video in the op. You can also do this if you work for Mister Raymond.

6 hours ago, AthelstanDied said:

Working for a software company (as Java dev :D) I can tell you, this is one of the reasons why people invented stuff like agile development, or scrum.

Try to stick to short iterations of 2 to 3 weeks, and do not move the goalposts within that time.

After 2 to 3 weeks, evaluate your product and then correct the direction that you are heading to for the next iteration.

Great mod btw. Never seen so much interactivity within an AAF mod.

This will be my 2nd big content evolution. 1.5 was such a big update that I leaped forward several versions... I mean seriously look at the 1.5 video and the old ones. It's essentially a different game. That is why I am calling this "Final version" The feature creep simply has to stop, then any further development will be done in addons.

You might actually enjoy going to the old pre-release thread if you want an insight into Hardships development and evolution. I posted about it a LOT before release :)