17 minutes ago, fred200 said:

Virtual Directories was MO, not NMM. And it was a Him, not a They. Tannen used the virtual file system he did for his thesis. It was a one-man-show.

If you look at the later versions of NMM they claim to have virtual directories too (copying MO) This is before they hired Tannin... and it does SOMETHING with Virtual directories I mean there is a Virtual directiory folder... but it still writes crap to the Data folder. I think it has something to do with how they switched profiles.  This is all off memory though as I haven't had NMM installed for like 2 years.

I had high hopes when Tannin went over to Nexus and started working on Vortex, but they were dashed when I saw that ludicrous interface. I do not know much about how Vortex works simply because I am completely unwilling to give up the ease of use  (especially for modders) of MO2 in order to learn such an off-putting and clearly design by committe interface. I have Vortex installed now only so I can test Fomod installer compatibility. It makes me mad every time I have to start it up and then subsequently return the NMM links handling back where it belongs.

21 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

If you look at the later versions of NMM they claim to have virtual directories too (copying MO) This is before they hired Tannin... and it does SOMETHING with Virtual directories I mean there is a Virtual directiory folder... but it still writes crap to the Data folder. I think it has something to do with how they switched profiles.  This is all off memory though as I haven't had NMM installed for like 2 years.

I had high hopes when Tannin went over to Nexus and started working on Vortex, but they were dashed when I saw that ludicrous interface. I do not know much about how Vortex works simply because I am completely unwilling to give up the ease of use  (especially for modders) of MO2 in order to learn such an off-putting and clearly design by committe interface. I have Vortex installed now only so I can test Fomod installer compatibility. It makes me mad every time I have to start it up and then subsequently return the NMM links handling back where it belongs.

To each there own. I have no problem with Vortex with 167 active plugins. Most are from Nexus adding new quests and opening buildings for exploration, lighting effects, etc. But a handful are from here and 99% of my headaches are all from the Loverslab mods. I was, for the most part, content with how things were running but I really wanted the update where real handcuffs would not force Hardship to be active. Now...I have problems.

I've updated to the latest. Now NPC #1 won't talk to me, NPC#2 opens trade window, NPC#3 I can beg/solicit.

Also...did you do something with meshes? Some of the raiders now turn into the Hulk when they take their clothes off...looks horrible. Even worse, the head and neck don't hulk out and there is a fucking seam a mile wide around the neck you can see China thru it. Sorry if it wasn't you but as I said, I haven't touched anything recently except Hardship.

Before installing the latest version, I hand deleted the Tentacus folder under Data/Scripts but the new install didn't recreate it...so I put it back.  Without it I didn't have the above issues, instead every single NPC wanted to open trade window.

I need to just stop playing...I've had this since release and I have yet to finish the game, I have no idea what happens at the end. Highest I ever got was level 84.  On the main quest I only got as far as that strange dream sequence after killing what his  name. I want to mod but not before I finish the damn game...and it never happens.

I have 20+ years experience as a professional programmer. It is what I do for a living, I understand scripting to a T, it's my kind of thing. Papyrus scripting is little different from Visual Basic....and not so alien to C++ but...more like VB than C. Always thought I'd make some good mods but...I never finish the damn game.

Though, another idea would be to have the active modders here work together to create an interactive framework so that all the mods work together. For instance, when Raider Pet is initiated...it sets a flag so Hardship won't activate until Raider Pet is over....same for Sexual Harrasment and Dangerous Nights, etc. Well, maybe not Dangerous Nights, I can see waking up in the morning as a Raider Pet to getting fucked  by a horny raider. But, you get the picture? Get some communication going between the modders. Or with Real Handcuffs, allow Hardship to activate when nothing else is going to interfere, but not when a Raider Pet or Abduction (which I don't use because it just flat out sucks balls).  Someone should create a new version of that.

The worst part are the animations...50 million patches necessary to get them to work and... they still don't work right. I've removed a number of them...a lot more to get rid of. Most FF animations suck balls...the strap on NEVER enters the vagina...they are almost always fucking air inches from their target. I understand the issues though, other  than Savage Cabbage???? No other animators are even around anymore so it takes third parties to patch them the best they can.

That's what is lacking here...standards. A set of rules, variables, and values that all modders have to abide by so that their mods can play nice with all the other  mods here.

sorry...ranting. I'll stop now.

4 hours ago, Malphias said:

To each there own. I have no problem with Vortex with 167 active plugins. Most are from Nexus adding new quests and opening buildings for exploration, lighting effects, etc. But a handful are from here and 99% of my headaches are all from the Loverslab mods. I was, for the most part, content with how things were running but I really wanted the update where real handcuffs would not force Hardship to be active. Now...I have problems.

I've updated to the latest. Now NPC #1 won't talk to me, NPC#2 opens trade window, NPC#3 I can beg/solicit.

Also...did you do something with meshes? Some of the raiders now turn into the Hulk when they take their clothes off...looks horrible. Even worse, the head and neck don't hulk out and there is a fucking seam a mile wide around the neck you can see China thru it. Sorry if it wasn't you but as I said, I haven't touched anything recently except Hardship.

Uh yeah... no. I don't see how anything like that could be caused by Hardship. It's really not that complicated of a mod, mostly just dialogue and AAF calls.

Before installing the latest version, I hand deleted the Tentacus folder under Data/Scripts but the new install didn't recreate it...so I put it back.  Without it I didn't have the above issues, instead every single NPC wanted to open trade window.

No offense but that doesn't make sense. Hardly anything fundamentally changed between this and 1.5.8. Removed a bit of code so BW mode wouldn't be activated when handcuffs are put on. Added the AAF meta setting and the check for it to the events, added the hotkey, added a tagdata XML to add tags to One Patch Leito animations, and tidied up some errors in the sex scripts. Nothing to do with meshes, greets (Other than some very situational dialogue that only affects Queen Isabel) or accessing inventory. Sometimes weird unforseen domino effects can happen but it's astronomically unlikely given the minor nature of the changes made, and the fact that nobody else seems to have these issues.

From my experience modding Bethesda games, running anywhere near that many mods is asking for complete chaos. These days I try to run around 100 tops. 

4 hours ago, fred200 said:

One more comment on Vortex. Almost the entire UI is customizeable.

If something specific irritates you - turn it off.

You have to use it anyway - you might as well make it tolerable.

It's possible I'll look at it closer one of these days and at least get the basics down but I don't have much motivation to unless I need to mod a game that Vortex covers but MO2 doesn't. :)

29 minutes ago, fred200 said:

If you do pick up some weird-ass game, Vortex support for it is likely to be found on Nexusmods as a user written extension.

They get downloaded separate from Vortex, and include installation instructions.

Heh, Like I "play games" anymore. I still haven't circled back to Outer Worlds. Modding is a cruel Mistress. :)

11 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Heh, Like I "play games" anymore. I still haven't circled back to Outer Worlds. Modding is a cruel Mistress. :)

Don't do it. Outer Worlds SUCKS. Biggest disappointment in ages! So very little content, like...VERY LITTLE. I finished the fucker in one weekend and it pisses me off that I got so little for my money. I feel ripped off. Sure, some great depth with your companions but...who gives a shit? I want things to blast and there was very little. Every planet had the same two...or was it 3...creatures? The only bad guys all belonged to one faction. And as far as I am concerned...it didn't look all that good. I didn't like the terrain.

12 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Uh yeah... no. I don't see how anything like that could be caused by Hardship. It's really not that complicated of a mod, mostly just dialogue and AAF calls.

No offense but that doesn't make sense. Hardly anything fundamentally changed between this and 1.5.8. Removed a bit of code so BW mode wouldn't be activated when handcuffs are put on. Added the AAF meta setting and the check for it to the events, added the hotkey, added a tagdata XML to add tags to One Patch Leito animations, and tidied up some errors in the sex scripts. Nothing to do with meshes, greets (Other than some very situational dialogue that only affects Queen Isabel) or accessing inventory. Sometimes weird unforseen domino effects can happen but it's astronomically unlikely given the minor nature of the changes made, and the fact that nobody else seems to have these issues.

From my experience modding Bethesda games, running anywhere near that many mods is asking for complete chaos. These days I try to run around 100 tops. 

When I removed the script folder before installing 1.5.9B, why didn't installing 1.5.9B create a script folder itself? You may be right that Vortex, in this situation, is fucking with me and didn't create said folder because it thinks it already exists.

27 minutes ago, Malphias said:

When I removed the script folder before installing 1.5.9B, why didn't installing 1.5.9B create a script folder itself? You may be right that Vortex, in this situation, is fucking with me and didn't create said folder because it thinks it already exists.

Because the scripts are now in a ba2 archive along with the meshes, materials and textures for the collar. This removes conflicts with other mods that use that coller as well as improving performance by greatly reducing the number of loose files the game engine has to deal with. This also makes the install size much smaller FYI.

This is why you needed to remove the old scripts because Loose files overwrite anything in an archive. The source code is in the archive as well if anyone wants to look at it they'd need to unzip it with BAE.

Hey, @Malphias and others having unusual problems like the hotkey not working and the menu object not showing up... Make sure Real handcuffs is installed and ABOVE Beggar_Whore.esp in the plugin load order. It is a HARD Master now and I forget that modern Mod managers will let you load a mod with missing Masters. I just freaked myself out into thinking the DL was corrupt cause I was on a profile with RH unticked. Apperantly it causes some (all?) aliases and scripts not to load if it's missing. I had a similar issue with the main script not loading one time when my AAF install got corrupted.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

Because the scripts are now in a ba2 archive along with the meshes, materials and textures for the collar. This removes conflicts with other mods that use that collear as well as improving performance by greatly reducing the number of loose files the game engine has to deal with. This also makes the install size much smaller FYI.

This is why you needed to remove the old scripts because Loose files overwrite anything in an archive. The source code is in the archive as well if anyone wants to look at it they'd need to unzip it with BAE.

Technically, the conflict is still there.
Correct (or close enough) on all the rest, though :D

1 hour ago, Malphias said:

I got in the habit of manually downloading all mods & opening the file to see just what was in them before installing them. On mods with a lot of "stuff" I would manually check that all the stuff got installed. This saves a LOT (and I mean a whole forking lot) of head aches. Not to mention learning a thing or three. LOL

1 hour ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Technically, the conflict is still there.
Correct (or close enough) on all the rest, though :D

The conflict only matters if you are uninstalling it with something antiquated like NMM ? This elimnates that aspect of the conflict.

-------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

There will be a Hardship revision released alongside Staged Leito Plus Erection fixes. It will be Hardship 1.5.9C... It's main purppose is to remove the stuff that has been moved to that mod (Mute moans, Squirt remover, and the Position XMLs which will badly conflict and cause the 30% bug with SLPEF installed.) If I have time I might fix Ulfbearth's mirror issue as well. This version will remove One Patch only Support, but will still support Indarello. It will be the last version of Hardship to do so. The installation guide will be adjusted to reflect this.

21 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

The conflict only matters if you are uninstalling it with something antiquated like NMM ? This elimnates that aspect of the conflict.

-------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

There will be a Hardship revision released alongside Staged Leito Plus Erection fixes. It will be Hardship 1.5.9C... It's main purppose is to remove the stuff that has been moved to that mod (Mute moans, Squirt remover, and the Position XMLs which will badly conflict and cause the 30% bug with SLPEF installed.) If I have time I might fix Ulfbearth's mirror issue as well. This version will remove One Patch only Support, but will still support Indarello. It will be the last version of Hardship to do so. The installation guide will be adjusted to reflect this.

Very exciting, I'll wait for version 1.6.0, since I really dislike the approach of Indarello's patch, way too much to install and mess up other mods too.

30 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Well, mostly.
It's like two mods overwriting the same thing.
'long as neither is different, it's fine (though loose files present will slow it down even if they match).
If the loose is different to the archived, then it's game-on again. :P

'grats on the newest update, btw :D

4 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Well, mostly.
It's like two mods overwriting the same thing.
'long as neither is different, it's fine (though loose files present will slow it down even if they match).
If the loose is different to the archived, then it's game-on again. :P

'grats on the newest update, btw :D

Yeah... I was a bit of a foot dragger on archiving things, but Hardship has so many frickin scripts that it was irresponsible not to.

20 minutes ago, NoJoker said:

Very exciting, I'll wait for version 1.6.0, since I really dislike the approach of Indarello's patch, way too much to install and mess up other mods too.

1.6 might be a little ways off I took a whole week making the XML set that I'm about to release (well a lot of the work was already done as I was originally gonna include them in Hardship) and they still need more testing...

Then I am seriously considering altering Hardship's file structure significantly for 1.6, in order to make it more compatible with future mods. If I can I might be splitting all the stuff like messages, positions, keywords,, sounds, maybe even the end of sex events, etc... into a seperate Master File (Kinda like Mavia's old Msex.esm if you remember that from New Vegas.). The advantage of doing that is my other mods like like hospitality could use stuff like the Hardship sounds, animations, (My Grayuser choking and spanking conversions which will be in 1.6) As well as the Hidden XML positions I use like Analingus and such, without having to make Hardship itself a Master, or requirement.

It'd also make it easier for other modders who wanted to use Hardship style orgasms and such as an example, to use it as a Master as well... So I've got a lot of work ahead which might slow down 1.6 a bit.

13 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Yeah... I was a bit of a foot dragger on archiving things, but Hardship has so many frickin scripts that it was irresponsible not to.

Yeah, when it's small files or scripts, it's fine, but the larger things get, the more imperative it is (I keep anything over 10mb or so archived myself, with very few exceptions ?).

Oh my fucking god. An3k released a standalone version of the One Patch strap-on IN FEBRUARY. IT EVEN HAS FUCKING FUSION GIRL SUPPORT. How in the fuck did I not know that and why does every guide still tell people to install One Patch for the Strap-on? Anyway suffice it to say I need to change the Installer for the Leito XMLs.

42 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

That one slipped by me as well. Not that it's any use to me but were did you find it?

Interestingly it won't work with existing XMLs because An3k renamed the up and down morphs. I'll need to contact them to see if we can't get that corrected.

Edit: It seems like Leito is really the only pack with Strapon animations anyway, (Grayuser has some but doesn't use the up and down morphs) so I am gonna go ahead and add the differently named morph id calls to Staged Leito and my hidden Hardship positions... so maybe wait to download that strap-on until those are out. 

Update: 

It'll probably be after the weekend when I release Staged Leito plus Erection fixes and the new Hardship update. I have a lot of RL stuff on my plate and I have to redo the FF XMLs to add compatibility with An3k's standalone strapon. (which I think everyone should support as the standard going forward.)

BTW @Ulfbearth The Hardship update will have the fix for the revert camera. It will now only happen when using the Makeup Mirror.

I'm at mixed feelings about ba2 packing to be honest.

My main issue with it is that it makes tracking incompatible mods much harder: whereas before my mod manager would find out conflicting files right away, now anything that overrides stuff in the ba2 will be prioritized potentially breaking the mod and there's no way to find out.

Example: this simple mod. Just replaces sounds - but of course it does so just by installing loose files. And that overrides sounds from the ba2, so.. yes. I could only imagine what else could it be and I really don't want to extract the ba2 since it wasn't designed for that and who knows what can potentially break. Voting for loose version ? (aka: "loose by design" so it's a given it should work)

37 minutes ago, Operand said:

I'm at mixed feelings about ba2 packing to be honest.

My main issue with it is that it makes tracking incompatible mods much harder: whereas before my mod manager would find out conflicting files right away, now anything that overrides stuff in the ba2 will be prioritized potentially breaking the mod and there's no way to find out.

Example: this simple mod. Just replaces sounds - but of course it does so just by installing loose files. And that overrides sounds from the ba2, so.. yes. I could only imagine what else could it be and I really don't want to extract the ba2 since it wasn't designed for that and who knows what can potentially break. Voting for loose version ? (aka: "loose by design" so it's a given it should work)

Well the most troublesome types of files in terms of conflicts are AAF XMLs and they can't be archived, so pretty safe there :) Unfortunatelty they also can't be easily tracked because differently named XMLs can hold the same data which is viewed as the same from AAF's point of view which is why Ulfbearth bristled when I mentioned including a morphsetData in my XML set, before he saw I was doing it responsibly. 

Other than XMLs the only file in Hardship that should ever have a conflict is the Collar, Everything else is 100% mine. (Or renamed like the Grayuser animations that will be included with 1.6)