Update:

Hardship 1.6 is gonna be Hardship (almost) final. It'll consist of all the stuff I have completed so far including the fragments converted to Topic Info scripts, and of course the improvements added to 1.5.9. What this means for you is that THIS will be the point where you'll need a clean (never had hardship) save, as well as the new requirements of BP70 and Atomic Lust (but losing the requirement for Rufgt's old animations for cunnilingus. I will still have support for that mod if you have it installed so it will call the old cunnilingus anim sometimes as I personally like it better than BP70's.

beginning work on 1.6 by standardizing my XML naming conventions and adding some furniture versions for my custom animations.

image.png.2186038da212062e4f88eea470066dad.png

After this I'll move on to converting the Hardship Final scripts to match the changes I made in 1.5.9... That's... gonna suck. There is a crapload of testing in my future.

There is no ETA yet, though I expect it to be less than a month out. I want to do this so I can have an unlimited amount of time, to develop the last additional features I want to put in Final, as well as the freedom to pursue side projects. I'd like to put out an expanded version of Hospitality before ethe end of summer. 

It'll also give people time to break it so that when I do release FINAL it can hopefully live up to the name ?.

14 hours ago, Tentacus said:

We all started out knowing nothing.

@IgnorantFurry
Just to reinforce that:

Barely a year ago, maybe a year and 3 months, I'd never even realised NexusMods existed.

This week, I just created a script to apply cum overlays, because I was sick of patches and didn't wanna use a mod I'd only use ~2% of.
We all started somewhere.
And we still make mistakes (sometimes silly ones) while we're at it.

1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

Update:

Hardship 1.6 is gonna be Hardship (almost) final. It'll consist of all the stuff I have completed so far including the fragments converted to Topic Info scripts, and of course the improvements added to 1.5.9. What this means for you is that THIS will be the point where you'll need a clean (never had hardship) save, as well as the new requirements of BP70 and Atomic Lust (but losing the requirement for Rufgt's old animations for cunnilingus. I will still have support for that mod if you have it installed so it will call the old cunnilingus anim sometimes as I personally like it better than BP70's.

beginning work on 1.6 by standardizing my XML naming conventions and adding some furniture versions for my custom animations.

After this I'll move on to converting the Hardship Final scripts to match the changes I made in 1.5.9... That's... gonna suck. There is a crapload of testing in my future.

There is no ETA yet, though I expect it to be less than a month out. I want to do this so I can have an unlimited amount of time, to develop the last additional features I want to put in Final, as well as the freedom to pursue side projects. I'd like to put out an expanded version of Hospitality before ethe end of summer. 

It'll also give people time to break it so that when I do release FINAL it can hopefully live up to the name ?.

Will we still have the option to leave out animation packs we don't want to use? If not, can you say at this stage which will be hard requirement?

45 minutes ago, Teddar said:

Will we still have the option to leave out animation packs we don't want to use? If not, can you say at this stage which will be hard requirement?

I just did :) Leito, BP70 and Atomic Lust. are the only hard animation pack requirements for Hardship 1.6 and FinalBetween those 3 packs I will have every kind of animation the expanded Hardship needs. Raider gangbangs and some other threesomes will require savage cabbage, but it will do an esp check and only start those situations if it's present. The same with the Rufgt old cunnilingus, it'll just do an esp check.  (Note you'll need those optional packs at install time to install the needed XMLs).

Note I have set up Hardship to not load any of the no sound animations from BP70, and as usual I'll provide cunnilingus sounds where needed for animations that don't have them.

8 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Update:

Damn... so there will be no other way to have v1.6 to working in my current save? ?

25 minutes ago, Ulfbearth said:

Damn... so there will be no other way to have v1.6 to working in my current save? ?

Yeah sorry. It's cause I converted all the sex fragments to more stable and easier to work with topicinfo scripts. It just clashes with the scripts stuck in the save.  You can TRY to clean the save but it's not the kinda thing that'll probably end well. :) I'm really not up on what the current state of save cleaning tools for Fallout 4 is... last time I did look they weren't very effective. 

It was always gonna be this way with Hardship Final as I announced months ago, but it's just gonna happen a little sooner because I decided to release an intermediate version of Hardship before then. It's starting to look more and more like getting Final together might take a while and I want people to be able to play with the improvements I've already made sooner. The Raider gangbangs are particularly fun. I think you guys will be pleased.

11 hours ago, Ulfbearth said:

Uh... thats okay, its not your fault. I'll try a clean save somehow, if it doesnt work, so guess i gonna have to start over ?

You know you can always just keep one profile with this save and 1.59A installed and then a new profile and save for the newer versions when they come out. (MO2 and Vortex) Just rename 1.6 as you install it (I dunno if you can do that in Vortex but you can in MO2.)

I currently have like 4 different versions of Hardship installed in MO2 that I check and uncheck for comparison purposes as needed :D 

Update:

I'm almost through cleaning up the XMLs. Making all those furniture versions was a pain but should allow me to allow furniture in the rape scripts, (which has been disabled till now)

Hardship will probably be a requirement for all my adult mods going forward. Depending on the mod, they may or may not need the Beggar_Whore.esp, but will need the XMLs and sound effects. This will save on LL bandwidth, and installation headaches since XMLs can only be loose files.

Sorry to go off track here but does Hardship control Strap-on morphs/adjustments when playing animations? Now that FF animations are working for me, i've noticed that they dont animate or morph in order to align with the animations. I built the strapon in bodyslide (not sure if that's relevant but i did do that).  Penises work fine.  

28 minutes ago, Teddar said:

Sorry to go off track here but does Hardship control Strap-on morphs/adjustments when playing animations? Now that FF animations are working for me, i've noticed that they dont animate or morph in order to align with the animations. I built the strapon in bodyslide (not sure if that's relevant but i did do that).  Penises work fine.  

Did you check the morphs box?

If you don't have a .tri file the morphs don't work. Since you are using Indarello that means it's the One Patch Strapon and you should have the right XMLs. Likewise since you have Indarello it means that the only animations I have morph control on (up or down) are the ones that start with _T_.

Oh wait... You need to use Indarello's strapon mod. He made a seperate strapon mod with dickbones... The installation instructions are super convoluted too. :( Look at the indarello section of my guide for the link.

Now if you did install his strapon... and it's only MY animations (_T_) not working let me know... If he changed the strapon morphsetData in a stupid way I may need to add a seperate Indarello compatible version of my XMLs. (Oh boy) I haven't had time to look into his strapon yet as the convoluted install turned me off.

Edit:

M O T H E R F U C K E R !

*sigh*

IMO he's really gone too far this time. His new strapon uses different morphSet data than anybody else I can make all my XMLs compatible with both but it means going in and adding "Erection up and Erection down" calls to each of my XMLs. So much for almost being done. I'll even have to do it for the non indarello Leitro XMLs because this strapon mod is seperate from indarello and some people might want to use it.

At least Ulfbearth doesn't have to worry about this shit... lol.

I'll have a patch but it'll be a few days. I have to fix hospitality first to work with Hardship 1.5.9. 

30 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Did you check the morphs box?

If you don't have a .tri file the morphs don't work. Since you are using Indarello that means it's the One Patch Strapon and you should have the right XMLs. Likewise since you have Indarello it means that the only animations I have morph control on (up or down) are the ones that start with _T_.

Oh wait... You need to use Indarello's strapon mod. He made a seperate strapon mod with dickbones... The installation instructions are super convoluted too. :( Look at the indarello section of my guide for the link.

Now if you did install his strapon... and it's only MY animations (_T_) not working let me know... If he changed the strapon morphsetData in a stupid way I may need to add a seperate Indarello compatible version of my XMLs. (Oh boy) I haven't had time to look into his strapon yet as the convoluted install turned me off.

I just re-installed everthing again according to your guide (did you know that you list erection fix twice? Or is that intentional?  scrap that, i see what you intended there. Its dependent on which setup you're using) The confusing issue is that if you check the download page for Strap-on,viodoe,dick for female/servitron 3.1, it lists Strap-on's of fallout 4 V3 as a requirement, if i'm reading it correctly. So it looks like you have to overwrite one with the other. Currently i dont have the V3 installed but im wondering if i should. Yes i did tick the morphs box. I pop back and let you know which animations are having issues. 

30 minutes ago, Teddar said:

I just re-installed everthing again according to your guide (did you know that you list erection fix twice? Or is that intentional?  scrap that, i see what you intended there. Its dependent on which setup you're using) The confusing issue is that if you check the download page for Strap-on,viodoe,dick for female/servitron 3.1, it lists Strap-on's of fallout 4 V3 as a requirement, if i'm reading it correctly. So it looks like you have to overwrite one with the other. Currently i dont have the V3 installed but im wondering if i should. Yes i did tick the morphs box. I pop back and let you know which animations are having issues. 

It's Indarello so you better follow his instructions exactly. I didn't understand his instructions either cause those mods use 2 different esps to call the same basic object (even has the same formid) This is REALLY frustrating. Anyway I'll have to install it to do the patch so I'll let you know the right way "if" I figure it out.

Gee... It's not like I have better things to do.

Ironically most of my custom positions should already be compatible with Indarello's strapon since they already have the male erection morphs. I only have a couple that are explicitly strapon only. (IE: Pegging doggy) and I don't even think that one needs an up/down adjustment. Time to test... *sigh*

I do not need this fucking shit when the air conditioner is busted.

1 minute ago, Tentacus said:

I do not need this fucking shit when the air conditioner is busted.

I feel ya! Last month ours needed a shot of freon, got so hot in my office my PC was thermal throttling. And it's water cooled!

1 hour ago, Teddar said:

I think the other strap-on mod is only needed for its materials and textures, but I'm not certain. Indarello's instructions are very hard to understand, and when I was using his patch I just threw everything in and probably had two or three esps more than I really needed. His strap-on mod has its own bodyslide files (it's called something like strapon-5, and doesn't actually work for the harness part at all as far as I can tell. The shape of it doesn't change in the preview window when switching presets for me at least, and the clipping was awful in-game.) His patch does a lot of good things, but it's falling more and more out of date with the latest packs now. The up-to-date AAF set-up topic has removed reference to it completely.

1 minute ago, merManc said:

I think the other strap-on mod is only needed for its materials and textures, but I'm not certain. Indarello's instructions are very hard to understand, and when I was using his patch I just threw everything in and probably had two or three esps more than I really needed. His strap-on mod has its own bodyslide files (it's called something like strapon-5, and doesn't actually work for the harness part at all as far as I can tell. The shape of it doesn't change in the preview window when switching presets for me at least, and the clipping was awful in-game.) His patch does a lot of good things, but it's falling more and more out of date with the latest packs now. The up-to-date AAF set-up topic has removed reference to it completely.

Yea, i have the same issue with the harness not conforming to my preset. Couple of other things i noted now that FF animations are working. FF cunni occasionally fails to play properly but you can make it work with the AAF wizard. The other actor will animate but the PC stands around. If you open the wizard, press backspace then page down, the animation plays with both actors. Dunno what that is but its fixable in game. Also i noticed that in a couple of oral (blowjob) animations, the PC doesn't open her mouth. _T_stagedleitoblowjob (i think its called) being one. No big deal really. Hell im just happy to see them working now haha!

15 minutes ago, merManc said:

It probably still works if you have the CBBE bodyslide presets. I'll look into making a Fusion girl version of the strapon one of these days.

Anyway so far so good. The only files I need to change is my blowjob mix ones I need to add one just for FF. It'll have to be a seperate download patch just for Indarello users. I am gonna tell everybody else to just not fucking use his strapon. 

For some poses the bones do help... but honestly most of the time it makes it harder like for the more extreme positions that dicks already have a hard time with but strapons don't like the reverse cowgirl ones.

22 minutes ago, Teddar said:

Yea, i have the same issue with the harness not conforming to my preset. Couple of other things i noted now that FF animations are working.

The Harness was made for CBBE, If you use Fusion girl just temporarily install CBBE for the preset files, Build the mesh to an aproximation of your FG shape, then uninstall CBBE. If the Harness is still too far off you can easily use Outfit studio pull and push tools to make it perfect. I haven't yet tried converting the strapon to Fusion Girl because I am not sure how that might affect the dildo morphs.

FF cunni occasionally fails to play properly but you can make it work with the AAF wizard. The other actor will animate but the PC stands around. If you open the wizard, press backspace then page down, the animation plays with both actors. Dunno what that is but its fixable in game. Also i noticed that in a couple of oral (blowjob) animations, the PC doesn't open her mouth. _T_stagedleitoblowjob (i think its called) being one. No big deal really. Hell im just happy to see them working now haha!

This isn't position related it's just the AAF animation losing synch. It's always happened, just seems more common with the newer AAF. It's my personal theory that this only happens on animations with animationData offsets... which that position does have... (It's the same thing that causes backwards actors) But unfortunately that's the best way to do things sometimes.

17 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

It probably still works if you have the CBBE bodyslide presets. I'll look into making a Fusion girl version of the strapon one of these days.

Anyway so far so good. The only files I need to change is my blowjob mix ones I need to add one just for FF. It'll have to be a seperate download patch just for Indarello users. I am gonna tell everybody else to just not fucking use his strapon. 

For some poses the bones do help... but honestly most of the time it makes it harder like for the more extreme positions that dicks already have a hard time with but strapons don't like the reverse cowgirl ones.

I alternate between fusion girl and CBBE depending on which way the wind is blowing. I like the collisions you can get with fusion girl and the knees look much better but CBBE presets dont work and i dont have the energy to try to replicate my preset. I have something close for when use FG but i can't quite get what i'm looking for with the currently available sliders. I'm still waiting for a female raider to use a strap on so that i can tell if i blundered my way to a fix for the morphing issue i have but fingers crossed. 

I made the following changes to the Installation guide:

-- GAY SEX ONLY SETUP (M/M)

13. (UAP) Ulfberth's AAF Patch v2.1.0 -- This should have everything you need. Be sure to check Manly Moans to block gender inappropriate sounds.

SKIP TO SECTION C

-----------------------------

-- BASIC SETUP (ONE PATCH ONLY): If you want to use Indarello's patches, skip to ANIMATION ADDONS AND FIXES SETUP section.)

For a basic setup you are almost finished! ? 

Important note: DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES install Indarello's Strap on mod it will break FF animations for any XML that uses the regular vioxis strapon morphs. If you want to use this strapon then skip to the ANIMATION ADDONS AND FIXES install instructions below instead.

13. (UAP) Ulfberth's AAF Patch v2.4.4 OPTIONAL: -- This is required for gay (MM) sex.  :) (C'mon... You know you want the option!)

14.ErectionFix By SilverPerv v6.2.1 (One patch only option in the installer) -- Without this Yo dick won't work! (Or anybody elses) Nuff sed! 

NOTE: At this point One Patch won't work properly with Leito as far as mods that use scripts that call on tags, because Themes doesn't support it!!! However once you install Hardship (Starting with version 1.5.9) it will automatically add the missing tags to One Patch, this will benefit not only Hardship but other mods like Violate. (As long as you have Hardship installed.) It will also add the option for some erection and position fixes not unlike what Indarello's mod does but on a much more modest scale.

SKIP TO SECTION C

-----------------------------

In addition to the Strapon warning I added the "Skip to section C" part to minimize the chance that people might get confused. I'll hope to have an update to Hardship out by the end of the day if the changes needed are as simple as I think... And mind you it'll only be easy cause I already do things in an odd way where I have a lot of non gender defined positions that have both the strapon and erection data already. It's just unfortunately with blowjobs it's much trickier.

That said this irks me no end. Its really reckless. I am gonna work really hard to make Hardship as independent from megapatches as possible. At some point that may unfortunately mean dropping indarello support if he keeps doing Maverick shit like this.

Just one more comment on the Indarello strap-on - I was using CBBE when I tried it, and it doesn't change or conform to any of the out-of-the-box CBBE presets either. The harness seems to stay the same very slim shape whatever preset you build it for. I assumed it only worked with Fusion Girl.

On bodies in general, I've actually been using Wonder Body for a while now. It was my choice back when I played Fallout 4 a couple of years ago, and it's still my preferred option all things considered, despite far fewer outfits converted for it. The shoulders are a bit too broad and it has the same knee issue most of the others have, but otherwise it's pretty great and works fine with animations. I'm sure the business areas don't open and close, or work with collisions and penetration, but I've never been bothered about that stuff.

But I was very interested to see the Fusion Girl with working dismemberment recently pop up on Nexus. It's only the body so far, and so doesn't mean much until the vanilla outfits are done - which apparently the modder is currently working on. Fallout without dismemberment simply isn't Fallout to me, so when it's done I'll be trying FG for the first time.

It might be working but i suggest to switch the way your are commenting your files from <!----------> to <!-- ------- --> (There should be a space after the first <!-- and the last -->. The way you set throw some errors in VS Code.

4 hours ago, Tentacus said:

You know you can always just keep one profile with this save and 1.59A installed and then a new profile and save for the newer versions when they come out. (MO2 and Vortex) Just rename 1.6 as you install it (I dunno if you can do that in Vortex but you can in MO2.)

I currently have like 4 different versions of Hardship installed in MO2 that I check and uncheck for comparison purposes as needed :D 

Nah... i just gonna start over. There are other things broken in my current playthrough anyway, like the nuka world traders not talking to me for some weird reason... I just wish we had some way to have a new game ++ mode or something, that would be neat!