16 hours ago, aragonit said:

A little thing... The files are always packed with the Data directory. That makes it impossible to install directly with MO, you always have to tell MO that the 2nd directory is the data directory. Maybe change the way you pack it? pretty please?

Another suggestion. Why not put the adjectives where the nouns are? The text file will be bigger, but strange combinations won't happen. Like "juicy pussy" and "massive boner" instead of just fragments that can go wrong.

The answer to the first question is..."yes but not yet".  I'm aware that I can add an XML to the package to give installers more information on where to install files, as well as handle optional installs, etc.  That'll require a change to how I handle the files anyway, so I'll address it then.  This is, unfortunately, one of those cases where what I do and when mostly focuses on my own needs as a player - NMM and Vortex (which I use) have no problems with the package as it currently is.  I'll prioritize this for release 0.6 (right after the stuff I'm currently working on).

On the other question, that suggestion would EXPLODE the synonym database in terms of size, and I've previously commented on the constraints there.  Plus, a part of the goal is for those fragments to come up with novel and interesting adjective/noun combinations.  If you're finding combinations that you think are strange, please post them here.  I'm much more inclined to remove words (especially adjectives, which we have a lot of) from synonym lists.

It probably also bears note that I am *constantly* adjusting the synonym lists...adding words that I think might work, removing words that have too many problems, on occasion removing synonym placements from the DB when it looks like only a single word will work there (for instance, {FUCK}, which works great for a male actor, but poorly for a female one, where the word fuck probably is better).  But the point is, at any point in time, there are probably words in the synonym lists that I added and I'm not currently sure if they belong or not.  Let me know when you see something weird!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 11:54 PM, Eadoo said:

I've seen this on occasion when Papyrus is stressed, or when Apropos2 runs out of memory.  You're not combining multiple synonym databases, are you?

Is it happening all of the time, or only during specific animations?

The female/female issues now only apply to inconsistencies in how {ACTIVE} and {PRIMARY} get assigned.  It appears to vary, so sometimes you'll end up with descriptions that imply your character is acting on themselves.

Only happens from time to time with certain verbs, adjectives, and Nouns. The only databases are from Apropos2 and this updated database. However it also did this with base database from Apropos2. Possible its running out of memory as my computer I am currently using is not that powerful. I may try deleting the dB, uninstalling the 2 mods and reinstalling to see if that fixes it. 

4 minutes ago, VAAlucard said:

Only happens from time to time with certain verbs, adjectives, and Nouns. The only databases are from Apropos2 and this updated database. However it also did this with base database from Apropos2. Possible its running out of memory as my computer I am currently using is not that powerful. I may try deleting the dB, uninstalling the 2 mods and reinstalling to see if that fixes it. 

I think that's unlikely to fix it.  The symptoms you're reporting are most closely associated with Papyrus stress, but I'd be interested in hearing the result of your attempt to reinstall.

10 hours ago, lindazana said:

How friendly is this with futa content at this point? eg, will a scene with a female and a futa use two she pronouns, or still refer to the futa as a he, or just have no scene play out for em?

It'll depend on how futa has been implemented in your game.  We're grabbing actor descriptions straight from Sexlab, so if Sexlab has tagged a character as male, we'll be using "he".  If, on the other hand, the character is tagged female, we'll use "she" but the descriptions will presume strap-ons.

The only case in which you'd get NO text is if the futa character was tagged male and having intercourse with another male (either futa or true male).  The parent mod doesn't currently have code to deal with this case.

All,

While doing some work on this today, I realized that WTORAL, WTVAGINAL, and WTANAL weren't being populated.  That's an indicator that the synonym database has become too big.

I have fixed it, but I think it's very likely that the currently-published version of the DB suffers from this.  Accordingly, I'll be uploading a new version of the DB today.

Updating is NOT necessary, you'll just get a lot of "in her pussy" instead of "in her battered pussy", and you probably won't know the difference.

UPDATE: 0.5.5 uploaded and available

3 hours ago, mixtwo said:

Am I correct in assuming that all I need to get this working is Apropos2, Apropos2 DB only no incest and then the non xmas update version of this mod? or do I need the xmas update aswell?

You don't need the Xmas update.  It's something silly I worked up some time ago and left up only because it entertains me.

You also don't need the Apropos "no incest" DB.  My own DB will just replace it.

To install:

1.  Install Apropos

2.  Install 0.5.5 (current version) of this DB

@Eadoo Thank you for continuing the animation patchup work.  It's much needed.  Especially on the creature front - I don't think Billy animations have any aggressive/aggresivedefault, instead using rough,  Anubs are inconsistent, etc.

I'd started to look at doing this myself by editing the json files with notepad but this was tedious and needed to be redone everytime a pack updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11gFFH-34EwcR50BnSr83GFDRC3ys9rZDM8NsrEQy9tk/edit?usp=sharing .

What criteria are you using for valid/consistent tagging?  There do seem to be a lot of redundant tags so if I can help out by going through the latest versions of the SLAL packs I'm using that you haven't looked at yet

6 hours ago, Grummkol said:

@Eadoo Thank you for continuing the animation patchup work.  It's much needed.  Especially on the creature front - I don't think Billy animations have any aggressive/aggresivedefault, instead using rough,  Anubs are inconsistent, etc.

I'd started to look at doing this myself by editing the json files with notepad but this was tedious and needed to be redone everytime a pack updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11gFFH-34EwcR50BnSr83GFDRC3ys9rZDM8NsrEQy9tk/edit?usp=sharing .

What criteria are you using for valid/consistent tagging?  There do seem to be a lot of redundant tags so if I can help out by going through the latest versions of the SLAL packs I'm using that you haven't looked at yet

My own patchups have been Apropos2-centric, so have been focused on making sure the actors and general act types involved are appropriately tagged so that the engine knows which strings to spit out.  And they are, unfortunately, limited to my observations during play-through.  An example is this:

"Leito_f_solo_toy_re_cow_anal": {
        "AddTags": [
            "Masturbation"
        ]
    },

Or this:

"B_Billyy_FuroTub1": {
        "AddTags": [
            "Estrus"
        ]
    },

I've barely started these patchups, though, and my plan was to focus on the issues I *see* for now while I have plenty of other DB work, and then get to the scope of work *you're* talking about as I reach the end of that effort (which is probably 6-12 months from now).  I only started extracting JSON from the SLALs over the last weekend, so I'm a bit behind you.

For now, my only consistency rule is "Tentacles = Estrus".  :)

But...the work begins!  You were probably hoping for a little more, but if *you* want to launch into this and define the standard for everything other than the actors, I'll be happy to work to them and implement them in my DB.  Otherwise you can just wait until I get to that point in my own efforts...

14 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Did the download get updated without a version change?  Just want to know if I need to download again.

I found some stuff that needed work, so I was updating the description.  I don't currently plan on releasing another snapshot until next weekend.

Hey all!

Lent has snuck up on me!  This year my Lenten sacrifice is PC gaming.  I'll be taking a break from the DB at the same time.  0.5.5 is a great version, so I'll be leaving it as the published version until I return just after Easter.

I hope you all have a great month and a half.  Eat more fish!

And vegetables.  Seriously, your mom was right about that.

6 hours ago, Maddac said:

just letting you know {slow} synonym is not appearing now. showing text from latest version and instead of saying slowly, it just says ly.

869324086_Aproposissuewithslowsynonym.jpg.d239a3715952fa27f2450fadc702037d.jpg

I think I recently changed {SLOWLY} to {SLOW}ly.  Did you remember to follow the update process, particularly step 2?

2.  In the Apropos 2 MCM, go to "Message Preferences" and click "Refresh from Database"

If you missed that step, you probably still have an old version of the synonyms in your save file, so you don't have {SLOW} at all.

If that doesn't fix it, then I got nothin' right now.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok!  With the environment in the US being what it is right now, there's little for me to do but hang around the house.  So...vacation is cut short!

I'm going to package up an update right now; incoming in the next 30 minutes or so!

I have a very very odd bug. I am using NMM and wanted to uninstall and delete older versions of this mod because they started piling up, but whenever I right click on any version of this mod, NMM freezes and crushes.. I can still right click other mods, and I can still left click this mod (so I can install/uninstall but never delete it). Any idea why and how can I safely delete the old versions?

You might be able to get it to not crash if you right click on one and then don't touch the mouse,  just wait for several minutes.  It may eventually bring up the right click menu and you can select the delete.  This happens to me for each upgrade too.  The trick is to not input more commands while it is thinking about that right click, otherwise the OS will decide the application has crashed.

2 hours ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

You might be able to get it to not crash if you right click on one and then don't touch the mouse,  just wait for several minutes.  It may eventually bring up the right click menu and you can select the delete.  This happens to me for each upgrade too.  The trick is to not input more commands while it is thinking about that right click, otherwise the OS will decide the application has crashed.

Yes, this works for me as well. You need to do the same for Apropos as well if upgrading it.