Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Apropos2 Text DB Update

View File

I consider this pre-release but ready to use, and I am rapidly iterating. 

 

Oh look, colors!  This must be a professional mod that I will try immediately!

 

What is this?

Apropos 2 is great.  It's a well-designed engine for translating animations into descriptive text on the screen, increasing immersion.  However, the text database is large and (Gooser's words) "labor intensive".  I decided that I wanted to add some text to it, and found that the database needed some love.  So I did that.

It bears note that I speak, read, and write American English, so the output of this project is going to reflect that localization.

 

Features

*  W&T: Added Succubus Heart and Skooma Whore consumable compatibility

*  W&T: Healing potions now affect W&T

*  Synonym definition updates

*  Dramatically increased the places that the synonyms are utilized in the database

*  Added missing Female/Creature and Female/Female content

*  Fixed typos and grammar 

*  Added patchups to animation tags that needed it

*  Other text description additions to the DB

 

Why do this?

Synonyms are a quick, cheap way to add a ton of variation to the text displayed by Apropos 2.

 

Known Issues

*  Some synonyms don't work well.  For instance, you can "fuck/bang/nail a woman", but the same woman can't "finger fuck/bang/nail herself".  As a result, you're probably going to see some strange wording every once in a while as I refine the synonyms further.

*  Some synonyms get capitalized when they're parsed, sometimes in very odd ways.

*  Female/Female animations make it hard to predict {PRIMARY} and {ACTIVE} actor assignments, making 1st and 2nd person narratives come out odd sometimes.

*  NMM chokes when trying to remove this mod.  You might consider switching to Vortex if you're still using NMM.

MO makes some assumptions about mods that can be tricky, worik wrote a walk-through!

 

Future Work

*  Evaluate/fix known issues above - IN PROGRESS (long-term effort)

*  Manual/editorial review of all content - IN PROGRESS (long-term effort)

*  Animation patchups; lots of them - IN PROGRESS (long-term effort)

*  Consistency: remove 3rd person strings that discuss internal thought processes - IN PROGRESS (long-term effort)

*  Consistency: change strings said out loud to start with ({ACTIVE/PRIMARY}) - IN PROGRESS (long-term effort)

*  Add missing Female/Creature Oral content (Bear, Reikling, Werewolf) - IN PROGRESS (0.6 versions)

*  Add other missing Female/Creature content (Spriggan, Wisp, Canine_Gangbang, Flame Atronach) - IN PROGRESS (0.6 versions)

*  GoBack, HugeLoad, and LargeLoad refresh or implementation for all content - 0.7 versions

*  Place content into files that are blank templates - 0.7 versions

*  Replace Female/Female {PRIMARY} and {ACTIVE} tokens with pronouns

*  Perform full database JSON validation

*  "Rescue" strings utilized for unique animations and generalize them

 

Installation/Upgrade

1.  Use your mod manager to install this file

2.  In the Apropos 2 MCM, go to "Message Preferences" and click "Refresh from Database"

3.  In the same MCM menu, click "Sexlab Animation Patchups"

 

Recommended Mods

Skooma Whore: Play the balancing act between body aches and pains and addiction!

* Sexlab PheremonesThere are now plenty of consumable options for managing W&T.  Some of them include ingestable potions with a risk of contracting pheromones.

* Apropos DB Filter: Is there something weird you don't like in the DB?  Why remove it manually when you can be lazy AND thorough?

 

Credits

Gooser: for creating and maintaining the original database

 


  • Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/09/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    Apropos 2
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, memphis77 said:

can you please port this to se ??

I'd be surprised it if didn't already work; all I'm changing is some configuration files for Apropos 2.  

Did you try it and have problems?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, eillum said:

I'd be surprised it if didn't already work; all I'm changing is some configuration files for Apropos 2.  

Did you try it and have problems?

yeah it didnt work at all the mcm worked but thats it

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, memphis77 said:

yeah it didnt work at all the mcm worked but thats it

 

Ok, I don't think you're talking about my DB update here, but Apropos 2 itself.  Someone else posted this file to the Apropos 2 thread, and I'll report it here, but I don't have SE myself, so I can't say anything about how well it works.

https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=638152

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, eillum said:

Ok, I don't think you're talking about my DB update here, but Apropos 2 itself.  Someone else posted this file to the Apropos 2 thread, and I'll report it here, but I don't have SE myself, so I can't say anything about how well it works.

https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=638152 22.19 kB · 680 downloads

Both Apropos2 and this replacement database work in SE.

 

I have to say good work on the database. I noticed the difference straight away. There are still a very small number of glitches and I'll try and remember to make a note of them as I come across them. 😎

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for your work and thanks for sharing.

 

A lot of things need to be done about this Apropros2 mod, as a lot of new mods and animations are being uploaded and Apropos2 can't stop giving " Animation/word/xxx not found" messages in console and logs.

 

Most important to my thinking is the description of womanXwoman action, it is really redundant and boring right now, and if the Female player is Active during action, descriptions are weird.

And second most important, but I'm sure I won't be seeing it in a while because Apropos2 is pretty much all about Passive Female player... much more description for a Male player whether Active or Passive.

 

Keep up the good work.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, General Neondaze said:

Both Apropos2 and this replacement database work in SE.

 

I have to say good work on the database. I noticed the difference straight away. There are still a very small number of glitches and I'll try and remember to make a note of them as I come across them. 😎

Thank you, and I appreciate any feedback you can give me on what looks weird!

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, dje34 said:

Thanks for your work and thanks for sharing.

 

A lot of things need to be done about this Apropros2 mod, as a lot of new mods and animations are being uploaded and Apropos2 can't stop giving " Animation/word/xxx not found" messages in console and logs.

 

Most important to my thinking is the description of womanXwoman action, it is really redundant and boring right now, and if the Female player is Active during action, descriptions are weird.

And second most important, but I'm sure I won't be seeing it in a while because Apropos2 is pretty much all about Passive Female player... much more description for a Male player whether Active or Passive.

 

Keep up the good work.

So, I think the "Animation not found" messages are by design.  The philosophy on this is "look for descriptions specific to the animation being called, and if that fails, fall back to generic descriptions".  The part that Gooser actually said is "labor intensive" has to do with keeping up with all of the new animations and writing text for them.  I'd personally prefer to write a bunch of generic text that works 90% of the time than write specific stuff for everything.

I agree with you about the Female on Female actor stuff; there isn't much there.  The good news is that it fits into the same category as the Male on X actor stuff...it just needs to be written!

Thank you for the feedback!

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for sharing this.  Looking forward to more.

On 9/9/2019 at 7:26 AM, eillum said:

There are "bugs" in the original Apropos 2 database related to synonym tags that cause blank fields to be displayed in game.  I haven't found and fixed them all yet.

I spent a ludicrous amount of time chasing that and finally narrowed down the cause(s):  Alt-Tabbing and some mod (possibly Slavetats) that is passing data through json that doesn't fit json standard formatting and throws errors.  Giving the system a little while to settle after alt-tabbing usually fixes it for me now.  This is definitely related to json though, and Apropos2 "displays" the issue without directly causing it.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

Thanks for sharing this.  Looking forward to more.

I spent a ludicrous amount of time chasing that and finally narrowed down the cause(s):  Alt-Tabbing and some mod (possibly Slavetats) that is passing data through json that doesn't fit json standard formatting and throws errors.  Giving the system a little while to settle after alt-tabbing usually fixes it for me now.  This is definitely related to json though, and Apropos2 "displays" the issue without directly causing it.

Oh boy; I alt-tab a LOT.  Thank you for sharing the cause!

Share this post


Link to post

Could you please write lesbian sex description for animations that are not supposed to be used with strapon? And also female domination description for cowgirl and aggressive female on male animations.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/12/2019 at 12:07 PM, waiyan said:

Could you please write lesbian sex description for animations that are not supposed to be used with strapon? And also female domination description for cowgirl and aggressive female on male animations.

Don't worry, I'll get there.  I want to polish all of the existing text prior to doing anything new, but I plan to add new content eventually.  :)

Share this post


Link to post

Thank You for this update (.01). Missionary and Doggystyle  seem to be working flawlessly. Standing and Cowgirl still had the holes. I will see what the new update brings.😺 Curious on the incest, there isn't much in game. Although while running Being Female a non standard NPC I tweaked to be a wife kept getting impregnated by her father while my PC was away. Finally had to throw a chasty belt on her.

 

Share this post


Link to post

The most recent update (the one that has no incest) doesn't install like you said.  At least not with MO.  It says "no game data at top level".

 

Now normally I can just set the data directory myself.  But this is the first mod where it doesn't recognize any of the data directories.  So not sure what's up with that.  How can I install this?

 

EDIT: Actually when I install this mod in any form, it just makes appropos not do anything.  It's like all the files are empty or something.  Which, when i explored the files, they seemed to be just that.  All of the txt files had the phases but no text for any of them.  Am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post

Install this database as a separate mod to Apropos2. When installing select the data folder as data directory then install, press yes to the warning message. Once installed the mod will be italicized. You can click the cross if you want to remove the no data warning.

 

Place the db mod under Apropos2 in the left hand panel and activate. This will then overwrite the existing database.

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, eillum said:

Don't worry, I'll get there.  I want to polish all of the existing text prior to doing anything new, but I plan to add new content eventually.  :)

Awesome. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, General Neondaze said:

Install this database as a separate mod to Apropos2. When installing select the data folder as data directory then install, press yes to the warning message. Once installed the mod will be italicized. You can click the cross if you want to remove the no data warning.

 

Place the db mod under Apropos2 in the left hand panel and activate. This will then overwrite the existing database.

I tried this.  I updated the MCM.  All that happens is that a vast majority of scenes no longer have text.  And the txt files that I assume would contain the new phrases are empty.  It just looks like the following more or less for each one:

Spoiler


{
    "1st Person" :
    [
        ""
    ],
    "2nd Person" :
    [
        ""
    ],
    "3rd Person" :
    [
        ""
    ]
}

 

Is it supposed to have more?  Is it supposed to say something?  All the text documents look like this.  Some have one or two lines but never the whole thing filled out.  And none of it comes up in game.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Aki K said:

I tried this.  I updated the MCM.  All that happens is that a vast majority of scenes no longer have text.  And the txt files that I assume would contain the new phrases are empty.  It just looks like the following more or less for each one:

  Hide contents

 

{
    "1st Person" :
    [
        ""
    ],
    "2nd Person" :
    [
        ""
    ],
    "3rd Person" :
    [
        ""
    ]
}

 

Is it supposed to have more?  Is it supposed to say something?  All the text documents look like this.  Some have one or two lines but never the whole thing filled out.  And none of it comes up in game.

Yes, it absolutely should be more than this.  What you're describing sounds like the contents of Female_FemaleActor, but the other directories should have populated content.  Do you have directories other than Female_FemaleActor?  

Unfortunately, I use NMM, and that's what I test on.  I'm not sure what it looks like on MO, but I'm confused as to how it would even end up the way you're saying unless only Female_FemaleActor made it through the install.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok.  The other files do have text in them.  But it still won't show up in the game.  It might have to do with how MO installs things.  It installs it as a separate mod from appropos.  It says its overwriting Apropos but maybe it isn't for some reason?  Or maybe the load order screwed up?  I'll try again.

 

EDIT: Yeah nothing I do can get it to work short of overwriting the original appropos itself, and I'm not even sure if that will work.  Maybe I'll try.  Not sure yet.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Aki K said:

Ok.  The other files do have text in them.  But it still won't show up in the game.  It might have to do with how MO installs things.  It installs it as a separate mod from appropos.  It says its overwriting Apropos but maybe it isn't for some reason?  Or maybe the load order screwed up?  I'll try again.

 

EDIT: Yeah nothing I do can get it to work short of overwriting the original appropos itself, and I'm not even sure if that will work.  Maybe I'll try.  Not sure yet.

Attached are some images from my MO2 set up. This works well for me.

 

On the install dialogue image I have circled the directory that should be your selected data folder for MO2.

 

Spoiler
 
 
 
 
Spoiler

484172172_Apropos2MO2LoadOrder.png.a2868ee51f7e1d11070407b2b6012c30.png

 

1853247274_Apropos2db0.2MO2Infomationwindow.thumb.png.5a3635d06e7a7e2aa3ac5f2340e1ff5c.png

 

1509939496_Apropos2db0.2MO2Infomationwindow2.thumb.png.c3b323620f37ae353a1add3e31e68459.png1417050938_Apropos2MO2LoadOrder.png.bc71b1bfdd8fd6a8c60ad9fc10bd77b2.png

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry about the spoiler mess above.

 

I have noticed a couple of times while playing that in some text I see {COCK}. I assume the synonym is not picking up its alternatives.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't see a circled directory in your pictures.  Which image is that?  Also, I noticed you have SE on one of your mods.  Is this an SE only mod?  If so, then I know why it isn't working.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...