33 minutes ago, rcy68 said:

Been eyeing this mod for awhile. Would love to have the text stuff, but that`s it. Can the other stuff(W&T and whatever else) be turned off in MCM? Sorry, I`m just a casual.

Also, does the text slow down the starting of animations, any? It takes my poor dinosaur 15-20ish seconds to start them as it is.

Appreciate the work all you mod-makers put into games. Thanks.

One thing to note - those questions may be better posted to the base mod's thread.  This mod updates the base mod with a lot more text options, but doesn't really have anything to do with functionality.

That being said, yes Apropos 2 has lots of MCM options that can let you turn off various parts you don't want.  The individual parts of the W&T system can be disabled if you just want the text descriptions for it but not the visuals/debuffs as well.  

Generally the more mods you add the slower things will get, but I've never noticed Apropos 2 specifically delaying SL animations.  That being said 15-20 seconds to trigger an animation seems pretty long - so your game may be overloaded/unstable as is.  IMO still worth trying out to see.

Sorry. Totally blanked that this wasn`t the main mod. My bad.

5 hours ago, Reesewow said:

but not the visuals/debuffs

Visuals=Slavetats? I don`t know how I feel having that firing off all the time. And if it`s not Slavetats, it`s still something extra running. As for debuffs, they just suck.

Thanks, but probably not. I really want the text, but...

16 minutes ago, rcy68 said:

Visuals=Slavetats? I don`t know how I feel having that firing off all the time. And if it`s not Slavetats, it`s still something extra running. As for debuffs, they just suck.

Thanks, but probably not. I really want the text, but...

I there may be a misunderstanding - I meant you CAN disable W&T piece by piece including the visuals, the text, and the debuffs.  I was referring to the example of wanting just the text from the wear and tear function, but disabling visuals/debuffs.  For example I use W&T for text and debuffs, but don't use the visuals out of personal preference.

15 hours ago, Reesewow said:

I there may be a misunderstanding - I meant you CAN disable W&T piece by piece including the visuals, the text, and the debuffs.  I was referring to the example of wanting just the text from the wear and tear function, but disabling visuals/debuffs.  For example I use W&T for text and debuffs, but don't use the visuals out of personal preference.

Ah. OK. Total misunderstanding. Sorry.

Thanks. I guess next time I start over I`ll try it out.

just tried to install this using MO2, and got a message stating that the mod was not set up properly and needs to have the content tree fixed. i did "set data directory" at apropos, then at db, but the there are like well over 2 dozen options here and none give the green "set ok" message when using set data directory for any of the paths there.

am i missing something here (on SE) or can someone guide me as to how to install this properly on MO2 for SE ?

3 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

just tried to install this using MO2, and got a message stating that the mod was not set up properly and needs to have the content tree fixed. i did "set data directory" at apropos, then at db, but the there are like well over 2 dozen options here and none give the green "set ok" message when using set data directory for any of the paths there.

am i missing something here (on SE) or can someone guide me as to how to install this properly on MO2 for SE ?

There is a walkthrough written by @worik in the notes on the first post of this thread.  MO gets upset because there aren't any actual plugins in this mod, since it's really a partial mod of another mod.  :)

Anyway, go to that first post (mine) and search for worik.  He did the work of documenting MO1 installs for us; I presume MO2 will be similar.

25 minutes ago, Eadoo said:

He did the work of documenting MO1 installs for us; I presume MO2 will be similar.

ahhh ok, that helps. i saw the MO1 and since i had MO2, i didn't bother. i'll look at it and let you know if i have any further questions or issue. thanks :)

question on something that is not quite clear though on the main page. is this a standalone mod , or is the original Apropos 2 mod required prior to adding this one ?

11 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

ahhh ok, that helps. i saw the MO1 and since i had MO2, i didn't bother. i'll look at it and let you know if i have any further questions or issue. thanks :)

I've recently migrated from MO1 to MO2, but t's basically the same.

It's just looking a bit differently. :classic_smile:

9 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

and even though it isn't specifically mentioned in the notes on the main post, i will "assume" at this point that i need the main DB mod to be able to use this one, that it isn't a standalone. although, does the main mod work on SE ?

?

screen.jpg.cf6a0c8c9fe13d061a1eeb5ae2b4f0f6.jpg

7 hours ago, worik said:

?

screen.jpg.cf6a0c8c9fe13d061a1eeb5ae2b4f0f6.jpg

You know, this is the second time someone has said this - I'm getting the feeling that the "File Information" box doesn't mean a lot to people.  :)

I'll add it somewhere in the main text next time I update...

On 9/15/2020 at 8:28 PM, Eadoo said:

You know, this is the second time someone has said this - I'm getting the feeling that the "File Information" box doesn't mean a lot to people.  :)

I'll add it somewhere in the main text next time I update...

it does, but there is always more detailed information on the notes, so i usually look at the release notes than the box, given that they're 99% of the time the same information.

btw, i did add that .pex file to the apropos mod to make it compatible with SE, and no issues so far. a bit of lag here and there but both work nicely on SE. i was wondering if i should post the full archive contained the .pex file, in case someone else comes looking for it, like i did. i can post it here is that works ?

15 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

it does, but there is always more detailed information on the notes, so i usually look at the release notes than the box, given that they're 99% of the time the same information.

btw, i did add that .pex file to the apropos mod to make it compatible with SE, and no issues so far. a bit of lag here and there but both work nicely on SE. i was wondering if i should post the full archive contained the .pex file, in case someone else comes looking for it, like i did. i can post it here is that works ?

That .pex isn't my work; I can't remember the original author, although I'm pretty sure I picked it up from the main Apropos2 thread.  I would think you need approval from both that original author and Gooser to post such a thing.

On the other hand, it won't bother *me* at all.  :)

On 9/18/2020 at 4:11 PM, Eadoo said:

I don't believe so, and I'm not particularly motivated to produce them.

If you want to create some, I'll happily integrate them.

I found one. Sadly most spanking animations don't trigger it. I found only a old zaz spanking animation that triggers it. The others trigger vaginal sex texts.

7 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

I found one. Sadly most spanking animations don't trigger it. I found only a old zaz spanking animation that triggers it. The others trigger vaginal sex texts.

Is it zazSpankingChair?

If so, you can make the other animations use the same descriptions by doing the following:

1.  Go into UniqueAnimations.txt, and duplicate this line for the other animation names:

"zazSpankingChair": true,

2.  In the DB, copy FemaleActor_zazSpankingChair to FemaleActor_{OTHER_ANIMATION_NAME}, as many times as is needed to cover the other animation names.

3.  Inside the new animation directories, rename the individual txt files to match the animation name as well.

4.  Start your game, and in the Apropos2 MCM, follow the install directions for this mod (reload the Apropos2 configurations).

6 hours ago, Eadoo said:

Is it zazSpankingChair?

If so, you can make the other animations use the same descriptions by doing the following:

1.  Go into UniqueAnimations.txt, and duplicate this line for the other animation names:

"zazSpankingChair": true,

2.  In the DB, copy FemaleActor_zazSpankingChair to FemaleActor_{OTHER_ANIMATION_NAME}, as many times as is needed to cover the other animation names.

3.  Inside the new animation directories, rename the individual txt files to match the animation name as well.

4.  Start your game, and in the Apropos2 MCM, follow the install directions for this mod (reload the Apropos2 configurations).

It's called "ZAZ OTK spanking". The other, none working, animations are from Nibbles and Rydin.

Thanks for all this!

I'm using SLSO along with prostitution and Deviously Cursed Loot.   Like some others have mentioned, I'm finding the damage doesn't compare to what the consumables do.   Damage is high days or even a week after the last encounter.   I'm thinking I should increase the values in WearAndTear_Consumables.txt and combine that with changes to the Apropos2 MCM settings for "chance of WT heal" and  for frequency of possible heal events.   Comments, please?

Also, I'm thinking potions of healing shouldn't be up to 30 times more powerful than skooma.  At least in my play-though, I like the idea of having to use dangerous consumables for healing.   Any comments?

21 hours ago, MikeWander said:

Thanks for all this!

I'm using SLSO along with prostitution and Deviously Cursed Loot.   Like some others have mentioned, I'm finding the damage doesn't compare to what the consumables do.   Damage is high days or even a week after the last encounter.   I'm thinking I should increase the values in WearAndTear_Consumables.txt and combine that with changes to the Apropos2 MCM settings for "chance of WT heal" and  for frequency of possible heal events.   Comments, please?

Also, I'm thinking potions of healing shouldn't be up to 30 times more powerful than skooma.  At least in my play-though, I like the idea of having to use dangerous consumables for healing.   Any comments?

I always modify the default values in the MCM generally.  I have mine set to 3 hours/25%.  

You should change W&T values to anything that makes sense to you for your game.

Thematically, though, skooma isn't intended to heal anything, while potions are.  The presumption, in any case, if you look at the post for this mod, is that the danger of Sexlab Pheromones offsets the value of potions.  Good for you, you're healed!  Too bad all of the Giants in the area want to fuck you senseless!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So this is what im getting. I have installed the indicated apropos2 mod, then merged this db with it. all the files are in the right places however...

It seems apropose pulls the gener from sexlabs which gets it from somewhere... and its is pulling the string "female"
apropos uses that info to build a file path... to get to the relavent document...
Right now its pulling a "female" but i need "Female" based on where all the folders and text documents are named... for it to find them.

I have tried to go into the apropos scripts i dont think it lowcases....
I went into sexlabs files... it might lowcase but im unsure.
Anyone know what i can do to fix this... other then rename every file and folder...

Update:

when apropos2 ask for gender it gets it as a number then defines thos numbers as Male Female or Creature...
This implys apropos is low casing it at some point... still digging.

More updates: 

honestly im not sure where its going wrong...

Int gender = sexLab.GetGender(anActor)
        String genderText = GetGenderName(gender)

these lines deal with getting the actors gender, and naming it and it names it right... how it gets lower cased i dont know unless the sec file isnt the same as the src file... are src files just sent with the mod for convience or does the mod compile from src... yes i r modder newb.

Last update:
eventually i came to jmap... and went to put jcontainers src... it wasnt installed... newb indeed.

If you see output in console like below click into mcm menu rebuild and see if apropos detects jcontainers. if not look there first.

1148897116_aproposerror.png.c8371000aea28d39961e57e87d5afdab.png

On 10/21/2020 at 12:13 PM, Diiju said:

So this is what im getting. I have installed the indicated apropos2 mod, then merged this db with it. all the files are in the right places however...

It seems apropose pulls the gener from sexlabs which gets it from somewhere... and its is pulling the string "female"
apropos uses that info to build a file path... to get to the relavent document...
Right now its pulling a "female" but i need "Female" based on where all the folders and text documents are named... for it to find them.

I have tried to go into the apropos scripts i dont think it lowcases....
I went into sexlabs files... it might lowcase but im unsure.
Anyone know what i can do to fix this... other then rename every file and folder...

Update:

when apropos2 ask for gender it gets it as a number then defines thos numbers as Male Female or Creature...
This implys apropos is low casing it at some point... still digging.

More updates: 

honestly im not sure where its going wrong...

Int gender = sexLab.GetGender(anActor)
        String genderText = GetGenderName(gender)

these lines deal with getting the actors gender, and naming it and it names it right... how it gets lower cased i dont know unless the sec file isnt the same as the src file... are src files just sent with the mod for convience or does the mod compile from src... yes i r modder newb.

Last update:
eventually i came to jmap... and went to put jcontainers src... it wasnt installed... newb indeed.

If you see output in console like below click into mcm menu rebuild and see if apropos detects jcontainers. if not look there first.

1148897116_aproposerror.png.c8371000aea28d39961e57e87d5afdab.png

I'm glad you figured it out, and thanks for sharing!  Hopefully this will help someone else in the future...