On 2/1/2020 at 5:54 PM, Eadoo said:

The answer to the first question is..."yes but not yet".  I'm aware that I can add an XML to the package to give installers more information on where to install files, as well as handle optional installs, etc.  That'll require a change to how I handle the files anyway, so I'll address it then.  This is, unfortunately, one of those cases where what I do and when mostly focuses on my own needs as a player - NMM and Vortex (which I use) have no problems with the package as it currently is.  I'll prioritize this for release 0.6 (right after the stuff I'm currently working on).

On the other question, that suggestion would EXPLODE the synonym database in terms of size, and I've previously commented on the constraints there.  Plus, a part of the goal is for those fragments to come up with novel and interesting adjective/noun combinations.  If you're finding combinations that you think are strange, please post them here.  I'm much more inclined to remove words (especially adjectives, which we have a lot of) from synonym lists.

It probably also bears note that I am *constantly* adjusting the synonym lists...adding words that I think might work, removing words that have too many problems, on occasion removing synonym placements from the DB when it looks like only a single word will work there (for instance, {FUCK}, which works great for a male actor, but poorly for a female one, where the word fuck probably is better).  But the point is, at any point in time, there are probably words in the synonym lists that I added and I'm not currently sure if they belong or not.  Let me know when you see something weird!

Thanks, the current format is great for just adding a 2nd mod wich overwrites the files in the main mod and can be replaced as needed.

Your comments make the whole orgies I'm seeing fully enjoyable. Thanks for your great work!!

6 hours ago, aragonit said:

Thanks, the current format is great for just adding a 2nd mod wich overwrites the files in the main mod and can be replaced as needed.

Your comments make the whole orgies I'm seeing fully enjoyable. Thanks for your great work!!

I had hoped you'd be happy with the default directory change I made in the most recent version.

And it's always great to hear that people are enjoying my work!

• 3 weeks later...

I need some help with installing this file.

I have the newest version. When I install the database, do I select and set apropos as my data-folder?

In the MCM when I click refresh database, do I get a confirmation? Nothing happens or changes.

7 hours ago, MVSKLO said:

I need some help with installing this file.

I have the newest version. When I install the database, do I select and set apropos as my data-folder?

In the MCM when I click refresh database, do I get a confirmation? Nothing happens or changes.

Which mod manager are you using? 

You should be seeing something like this when you Refresh from Database.

image.png.808d623e8031880fc749050265445623.png

On 4/11/2020 at 6:48 AM, Slorm said:

Noticed an oddity. I had a run in with the EC+ Dwemer Machine and it was showing text for the tentacle attack (eggs and things like that).

Nothing major just looked a bit odd

Thanks.  I'm not sure off the top of my head what to do about this.  It's largely either "leave it the way it is" or "remove all descriptions" for this case.

Maybe I can convince @gooser to add code to treat it as a different actor.

On 4/12/2020 at 6:43 PM, Skyfry428 said:

My only problem is that when my character has an orgasm, it treats it as if the male character had one, is there any way to remedy this?

Not really.  "Orgasm" is a distinct event in Apropos2, and it's not specific to actor.  So, when orgasm happens, it's presumed to have happened to both actors at once.

10 hours ago, Eadoo said:

Thanks.  I'm not sure off the top of my head what to do about this.  It's largely either "leave it the way it is" or "remove all descriptions" for this case.

Maybe I can convince @gooser to add code to treat it as a different actor.

What animations were playing? Which tags?

4 hours ago, gooser said:

What animations were playing? Which tags?

It was the dwemer machine chair animation. The tags are Estrus,Dwemer,Machine,PCKnownAnim,F,Vaginal

Tags look to be the same for both machine animations. The tentacle animations have the Tentacle tag rather than Machine

19 hours ago, Slorm said:

It was the dwemer machine chair animation. The tags are Estrus,Dwemer,Machine,PCKnownAnim,F,Vaginal

Tags look to be the same for both machine animations. The tentacle animations have the Tentacle tag rather than Machine

Problem is that Apropos is simply looking for Estrus alone, not Estrus + Machine vs Estrus + Tentacle.

On 4/15/2020 at 8:07 AM, gooser said:

Problem is that Apropos is simply looking for Estrus alone, not Estrus + Machine vs Estrus + Tentacle.

Yeah.

The "right" way to fix this would probably be to tag Dwemer Estrus animations as UniqueAnimations, and then create specific descriptions for them.

Unless, of course, you wanted to create a fake actor (EstrusM or something) that could be picked up in tags I send in AnimationPatchups.

1 hour ago, gravediggers240 said:

MO gets really angry at me with the data directory with the latest version, am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Tried 5.9, still angry. Easy fix for me though, just merge this with Apropros 2's DB and be good.

Hmmm...weird.

I made this change initially because @aragonit complained about the Data directory being the OTHER way around, which I presumed was MO (since MO gets insane about this mod not including scripts anyways).

I guess no matter HOW I package it, MO is going to suck.  ?

1 hour ago, Eadoo said:

I guess no matter HOW I package it, MO is going to suck.  ?

:classic_huh: I'm using MO and it never made any issues .....

Note to myself: when I update later these days, I'll make a screenshot series .. :classic_unsure:

8 hours ago, worik said:

:classic_huh: I'm using MO and it never made any issues .....

Note to myself: when I update later these days, I'll make a screenshot series .. :classic_unsure:

Thank you, that would be awesome.  I can link directly to your screenshots from the mod description, too, if you won't mind.

Eadoo, I really appreciate what you're doing, but I'm having a hard time deciphering some of the messages:

Lydia's hot box presses against your hot box as she pistons your tender frame with her disgusting erection. "Don't worry, I won't tell your grandmother" Lydia whispers. "Don't worry, I won't tell your grandfather" you answer, "I think you're a keeper". You will smell like juice after this!

1. Who is 'keeper'?

2. Too many synonyms.

Again, thank you for your work. Most of the new messages are great!

5 hours ago, ugibber said:

Eadoo, I really appreciate what you're doing, but I'm having a hard time deciphering some of the messages:

Lydia's hot box presses against your hot box as she pistons your tender frame with her disgusting erection. "Don't worry, I won't tell your grandmother" Lydia whispers. "Don't worry, I won't tell your grandfather" you answer, "I think you're a keeper". You will smell like juice after this!

1. Who is 'keeper'?

2. Too many synonyms.

Again, thank you for your work. Most of the new messages are great!

Oh man, that's a great sequence!  Hahahahahaha!

1.  "Keeper" might be a regional term.  Its meaning is generally, "a romantic or sexual partner that you want to keep".  Someone you want to be around for a while.

2.  Yeah, F/F might need to be revisited sooner than I wanted to.  It's a rough migration of the F/M strings and a lot of it replicates synonyms that aren't replicated there ("his {MAROUSAL} {COCK} {PENETRAT}es your {FAROUSAL} {PUSSY}" is ALWAYS going to work better than "her {FAROUSAL} {PUSSY} brushes your {FAROUSAL} {PUSSY}").  Replicated synonyms look bad.  Plus we need more strings, it seems.

I mentioned this in the apropos2-thread, but maybe this is something which can already be done within the existing mod through usage of functions I'm not aware of? Or do the base functions need to be altered to allow split outputs?

Posting it here since you seem quite active on apropos2-editing, @Eadoo. Hopefully you'll know something that I don't.

On 4/25/2020 at 5:20 PM, slicksly said:

Would it be possible to display different orgasm messages depending on which separate actor is orgasming? As it is now, whenever an orgasm event triggers in a sexlab animation, the orgasm message for the appropriate animation is displayed. However, with Sexlab separate orgasm-function and SLSO which allows actors to orgasm independently from each other (I'm guessing on Sexlab's function, as SLSO is what I'm using for this), the messages seem very odd whenever they trigger contextually inappropriate - descriptions typically describe male orgasm events, which is pretty immersion-breaking when my female character is the one getting off.

What I'd love is this - instead of just the animation orgasm-section as it is now, there'd be sections for ORGASM PRIMARY, ORGASM ACTIVE, ORGASM ACTIVE2 and so on, which would play when the appropriate actor is orgasming.

4 hours ago, slicksly said:

I mentioned this in the apropos2-thread, but maybe this is something which can already be done within the existing mod through usage of functions I'm not aware of? Or do the base functions need to be altered to allow split outputs?

Posting it here since you seem quite active on apropos2-editing, @Eadoo. Hopefully you'll know something that I don't.

Yeah, I saw your comment there a bit earlier and just kept my mouth shut.  :)

As far as I'm aware, what you're asking for currently isn't supported by Apropos2.  Gooser would have to modify it in order for it to pick up the additional event types generated by SLSO.