AAF Family Planning Enhanced for CBBE, Fusion Girl, and Jane Bod

On 7/13/2019 at 1:27 AM, Invictaxe said:

do you have non-human impregnation option turned on in FPE MCM?

On 7/13/2019 at 12:15 PM, EgoBallistic said:

Set "Allow Non-NPC" to "On" in the "General Option" MCM. 

Thanks! I don't know why I never noticed that setting, I've been staring straight at it the whole time and mentally lumping it in with rules for non-player pregnancies. *sigh*

1 hour ago, CanoLathra said:

So, my character got pregnant when I didn't want it, so I bought and used a Contraceptive Pill.

But, it's not wearing off, and I have no idea how to turn it off.

So if you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

They wear off after 24 hours of game time.

6 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

They wear off after 24 hours of game time.

It didn't, for some reason. I even used Timescale to go forward ~1 week, and the effect is still there.

Looking online for permanent buff effects only showed a bug involving sleeping in survival, and I niether slept nor am playing in survival, so at this point I am unsure of what's going on.

3 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

It didn't, for some reason. I even used Timescale to go forward ~1 week, and the effect is still there.

Timescale doesn't work on magic effects.  The duration is set in real time seconds, in this case 4320 seconds.  That works out to 24 hours at the default timescale of 20 (4320 * 20 / 3600 = 24) but if you increase the timescale to make time pass faster, you increase the duration by the same amount.

Anyway, there isn't anything special about this effect, it's a simple Absorb Chance effect attached to an ingestible with a duration.  So while it's possible that some sort of engine glitch caused it to stay longer than it should have, the chem isn't bugged.

Hey there, I have a scripting question that I'm hoping will be easy to solve (enjoy the mod btw). 

I was editing the script "FPFP_BasePregData," under the "Impregnate" function, to alter the way the calculation decreases the chance to have multiples. Basically I made it so a random number gets added to the quotient of multiChance /NumChildren. I know enough math and coding to be able to do this correctly (I've done something like this for a mod in Skyrim), but when I went to compile in the creation kit and got a bunch of errors that still show even without edits, such as:  

unknown type aaf:aaf_api
- a few more like that - 
variable BodyGen is undefined
repeated for the lines it shows on as well -

From my understanding these errors are because I'm missing references to something else (some scripts from advanced anim framework and bodyslide?). Do you know what I need in order to compile it completely?

EDIT: Derp, I use MO2 and usually don't unpack .bsa's and forgot I could get the AAF scripts from its respective fomod, I found what I needed XD

Is Skin color of the Baby Determined by a % chance of either parents Skin color or is it just a Random between the different shades. cause So far all my settlers keep popping out White which is kind of weird for ones with black parents.... 

1 hour ago, Dwari225 said:

Is Skin color of the Baby Determined by a % chance of either parents Skin color or is it just a Random between the different shades. cause So far all my settlers keep popping out White which is kind of weird for ones with black parents.... 

it should be random, how it works

when a NPC gives birth it generates 1 out of 4(+1 ghoul) babies all titled "Baby" (I believe it duplicates the same baby for twins)

then these babies will grow into either a boy or a girl which then grows to an adult.

4 hours ago, rockitten said:

A question: I can knock up many NPC EXCEPT my followers. Is that a know feature or that's something to do with my multiple follower mods ?

FPE treats all NPCs the same whether they are a follower or not.  Is there anything else different about your companions -- are they a custom race or something like that?

I have an interesting side effect to my NPC's (renamed or not using Just Business) giving birth: whichever they are, they get renamed to "slave" or "settler". And then the names cannot be changed again... after birth all naming interactions are gone from that NPC. While that's not a big deal where captures are concerned, it is a little disconcerting when a named NPC (such as Simone)  has her name changed to slave.

For grins I captured and impregnated Ack-Ack and, although I cannot modify Ack-Ack's features (which always revert to default), her name was also changed to slave.  Part of my mod list includes People are strangers and People have a name, so I'm just wondering if there's a possible mod conflict with Family Planning that might cause the change.

Any suggestions on how to rename these NPC's?

9 hours ago, Tazcada said:

I'll start by saying that FPE doesn't ever change actors' names, and I have never seen any actors, whether they are named actors or generic ones, have their names changed because of having a baby.  Certainly there is no code anywhere in FPE that intentionally has that effect.

Note that when you enslave an actor with JB, that actor is actually killed and removed from the game, and JB creates a clone of the actor that becomes your slave.  The clone's actorbase is a generic NPC with a generic name, and when JB places it into the world it changes the clone's appearance and name to match the actor you are enslaving.  But, under the covers, that actor is no longer really "Ack-Ack", it is a character named "Slave" whose appearance and name are copied from Ack-Ack.  So various things can happen to cause her name to revert to the actor base's name "Slave".

Edit: and see below for the answer!

9 hours ago, Tazcada said:

So I tried this out for myself, and sure enough my named slave (Red Tourette, in this case) got her name reset to "Slave" when she gave birth. 

Fortunately, I was able to track down the cause.  It actually is caused by FPE (and a bit of weird behavior in vanilla quest aliases).

When an NPC gives birth, the FPFP_Announce quest displays an announcement, as shown below.  This is done by putting the mother into a reference alias on the quest, then completing the quest's objectives.  The quest displays its completion message and quits.  The message uses text replacement, so that "<Alias=BirthGiver> just gave birth at <Alias=BirthGiverLoc>" becomes "Settler just gave birth at Hangman's Alley".

image.png.8426a59066744d3db4824af59cc1b3bb.png

Unfortunately, the alias had both the "Stores text" and "Uses stored text" checkboxes checked.  "Stores text" tells the quest that the actor's name and other attributes can be used in text replacement as above.  This always uses the actorBase name, and since all slaves are actually copies of the same actorBase with the name "Slave", the message says "Slave gave birth...".  This is expected behavior, and it's fine; it doesn't change the reference's name.

The "Uses stored text" option tells the quest that any alternate Display Name specified in the alias definition will use text replacement.  This is so you can do things like rename "Laser Pistol" to "Cait's Laser Pistol".  However, FPE does not specify an alternate Display Name for this alias at all.  So you would expect this option to do nothing in this case.  But the game engine has some undocumented default behavior whenever both options are specified without a Display Name, the end result of which is that the reference name gets changed to the Alias name.  Which we don't want.

So I unchecked the "Uses stored text" option, saved the plugin, and it now works as expected.  You still see "Slave gave birth..." announcements, but the actor's name doesn't get changed back to "Slave".

I will update the mod with this change.  In the meantime, if this happens to one of your slaves and you want to change their name back, you can use the "setname" console command that comes with the Rename Anything mod (which you are probably using if you have Just Business installed):

20190724064832_1.thumb.jpg.c962b47b97fa3fc164bc5d7f37d45acd.jpg

15 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

FPE treats all NPCs the same whether they are a follower or not.  Is there anything else different about your companions -- are they a custom race or something like that?

Found the reason: they have already preg, so not more preg notifications.

Is there any "preg tracker" in this mod so I can check which NPC I had knocked up?

18 minutes ago, rockitten said:

Found the reason: they have already preg, so not more preg notifications.

Is there any "preg tracker" in this mod so I can check which NPC I had knocked up?

Well that was an easy solution :D

There currently isn't a tracker / status function for NPCs.  That is something I am planning to add in the future.

On 7/13/2019 at 6:41 AM, goosetrip said:

Hey man, all your mods are great.  If you ever get a chance, it would be great to have morning sickness.  I know it was in RSE 4.0, but Flashy has abandon that mod.  Seems like a natural for FPE and I know you'd do a great job.

Check out Flashy's new mod RSE II Reproductive Systems Effects.

11 minutes ago, hancock66 said:

Check out Flashy's new mod RSE II Reproductive Systems Effects.

Was just coming to say that! LOL! :)

@goosetrip

Obviously, this mod requires Family Planning Enhanced to be installed, but everything from the original RSE is in here, in terms of pregnancy effects, and includes new stuff too. And, most importantly, its neither broken nor limited in scope, compared to the older RSE version of these functions.

In the immortal words of Todd Howard, "It just works". ?

Hey Ego!!

Great Mod, chum, but I have a bit of a situation. I recently downloaded the most latest version and now I get no notification when I knock up a character. At first I thought it was because the ladies were already prego, but I've been having my character use SEU on characters I knew weren't preggo. Is this a knew thing with the mod? Should I re-install or something?

Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, EMack114 said:

Great Mod, chum, but I have a bit of a situation. I recently downloaded the most latest version and now I get no notification when I knock up a character. At first I thought it was because the ladies were already prego, but I've been having my character use SEU on characters I knew weren't preggo. Is this a knew thing with the mod? Should I re-install or something?

In the SEU thread you said SEU wasn't working.  So I'm not sure what to say about that.  AAF Family Planning Enhanced only works with AAF mods, as the name implies.  You can't get pregnant from Four-Play animations with this mod.

As far as notifications, by default you don't get notifications.  Go into the Notifications menu in the FPE MCM and set "Player-Only Conception Notifications" to OFF, then set "Conception Notifications" to ON.  You can optionally set all the other options to ON if you want more info.

Hi, EgoBallistic. I didn't play Fallout 4 for several days but foolishly have been keeping up with mod updates without testing them. I'd installed

- The One Patch To Rule them All

- RSEII Brothels Humans Only

- RSEII Reproductive Effects

- updated AAF

- updated AtomicLust

And after that the Grown Settlers stopped showing up in the list for AAF. Mods which try to use them (such as Shenanigans or Sex 'em UP) stopped triggering animations, and the AAF menu stopped recognizing the grown settlers as actors.

I uninstalled the one patch, but that didn't fix it.

I tried the full version of brothels, and when that didn't work I uninstalled it completely, but no luck

I uninstalled Reproductive effects, and that didn't help.

Do you have any ideas what might be making grown settlers not show up in AAF? Could it be the new version of AAF? Are they still working for you? Thanks.

p.s. I forgot to mention I also tried reinstalling AAF a few times in case it needed to be reset after mod changes.

p.p.s. Okay uninstalling all the new stuff (One Patch, Brothels, Reproductive effects) and going way back to a very old save the grown settlers started working with AAF again. So one of those mods probably broke the save. I'm not sure which one did it, though. I'll gradually install them one at a time when I get a chance (except the one patch, I think, since it's not needed at all).

p.p.p.s. No, it's not just a corrupt save. The new save stopped working with Grown Settlers, too. So something is making Grown Settlers not work with AAF anymore.

41 minutes ago, Karna5 said:

Do you have any ideas what might be making grown settlers not show up in AAF? Could it be the new version of AAF? Are they still working for you? Thanks.

They are still working for me, both in the AAF wizard and with SEU:

20190727053416_1.thumb.jpg.6466145a56d81a535f69bcfa3d7cc027.jpg20190727053532_1.thumb.jpg.e40e639b7bdec404e99b6aae2a24f8e5.jpg20190727053630_1.thumb.jpg.b8f63d53e52a7597f053525860c69f21.jpg

I don't know what would cause them not to show up in the wizard.  Try using SEU to have sex with one of them, then pull up the AAF admin console and see if it lists any errors.

Also, have you tested with regular settlers and other NPCs?

Thanks, EgoBallistic. To know it still works for you is extremely helpful because it means whatever is causing it isn't something big like AAF or the like. I don't think I have any normal settlers in the part of the world I was (they were all grown from cribs with Family Planning). The next time I play I'll try finding a normal settler :) Thanks.

FYI, I'd made a slave out of Penny (or whatever the name of the synth in he Covenant quest) using Just Business, and Penny shows up in the menu. Just not the two grown settlers next to her. I'll let you know when I figure out the issue :) Thanks again.

(It might be a day or two before I can log into Fallout 4 again.)

48 minutes ago, Karna5 said:

Thanks, EgoBallistic. To know it still works for you is extremely helpful because it means whatever is causing it isn't something big like AAF or the like. I don't think I have any normal settlers in the part of the world I was (they were all grown from cribs with Family Planning). The next time I play I'll try finding a normal settler :) Thanks. 

FYI, I'd made a slave out of Penny (or whatever the name of the synth in he Covenant quest) using Just Business, and Penny shows up in the menu. Just not the two grown settlers next to her. I'll let you know when I figure out the issue :) Thanks again.

You're welcome.

This is pretty strange.  For what it's worth I am using AAF Beta 90-1 (available on the AAF topic thread here on LL) and the latest FPE, SEU, etc of course.  I installed RSE Brothels and RSE Reproductive Systems Effects, but everything still worked as expected.  I don't use the One Patch though so I can't say if that might be the culprit.

I think the main thing is to try an animation with SEU and then looking in the AAF Admin console.  Scanning for those actors in the AAF wizard won't cause any errors to get logged, but forcing it to (try to) play an animation will.