Sexbound

Sexbound v3 provides custom artwork, AI, animations, items, objects, particles, sfx, scripts, and an API that can be used by others to create custom sex interactions in Starbound. New features and bug fixes are released regularly! Please Follow this download, so that you can receive new release notifications.

Sexbound - Follow on Loverslab  Sexbound - Report Bug  LocuturusDev Twitter 

⁉️Download and install only one file from the Downloads: Pak or Src. The Pak version has better compression and loads faster, whereas the Src version is already unpacked for players who want a jumpstart to customize their gameplay experience by modifying configuration files.

Announcements

April 11, 2020 | Moving on

I've been working on Sexbound for a very long time, and I think it's time for me to step back and officially hand off this project to everyone. I no longer have the time required to make meaningful contributions to this mod, and I must change to refocus my efforts in other areas during this time of great uncertainty. I believe that other mod creators will continue creating compatible mods, and it will be less hectic for them to no longer adjust their mod each time Sexbound releases a new version. Overall the experience players have with the mods will be more stable, and I believe that the modding framework should have little to no issues at this point. 

What just changed?

Sometimes it can be confusing what changed when I am often updating the content on this page. So, you can always check here to see what I did!

❣️Released minor version to change the artwork of the customizer UI

Credits

ChesterPiece - Artist

Created all couples artwork and particle effects.

Krystalic - Writer

Created default dialog used by the Sex Talk plugin.

Mahorych00 - Translator (Russian)

Translated default species SexTalk dialog.

Red3dred - Contributor

Contributes bug fixes and new features.

Servantesnc - Coordinator for SFX

Helped to coordinate the creation of new moan & orgasm SFX.

Salem - SFX Moans (Male)

Created default male moan SFX.

Shiyon - SFX Moans (Female)

Created default female moan SFX.

supporters.png

💕A special thanks goes out to the following Patreon supporters! 

Ananoke  BlastWint  CodeRedAlert  Darling_Dingus  Fylix Aerou  HandHolding_CherryPopper  Jamie  Kasuno  Keryan  Kh0Rne  Kinadion  Kuroritas  Memeahen  MyonMyon  NibblesTheNightstalker  Owen Lee  Rei Tea ⋆ Remeus Artenawa  ShadowXprice  Skip Landren  Doggo Vox  ZappyCoffee  Zephyr팩스 ⋆ 奎尼昌 

The below spoiler contains previous announcements.

Spoiler

March 29, 2020 | Release v3.10

I've removed the capability of villagers and subiometenants to spawn quests from the Sexbound quest pools because they are very buggy. The Sexbound NPCs can still generate Sexbound quests which are npctypes 'sexbound' and 'sexboundslut'. The SxB UI has changed to display the name of the current sex position. Lastly, compatibility for the NPCs inside the Museum and the Protectorate has been added. 

March 21, 2020 | Release v3.8

Hey All, I've released v3.8 since yesterday. Please don't be alarmed by the new age verification popup, but do answer it correctly. Sexbound does not monitor or transmit your data in any way, and your data stays on your computer. The age verification has been in the source code for a long time, and it's being activated because previous technical limitations preventing it from being activated have been overcome. The verification check is an additional tool to help server operators run their Sexbound servers too. It ensures that all players who join a Sexbound powered server are fully aware that they've installed Sexbound into their mods directory.

Sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause. 

March 10, 2020 | Bug fixes

Hey All, I've been out of the loop in terms of development for a while. I'm just getting back into the groove of adding new features and bug fixes, and I accidentally introduced many new bugs in the 3.5.x releases. Fortunately, I think the majority of major bugs have been fixed in v3.5.2 now.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused!

June 21, 2019 | New QA Form is Live.

A new form has been created to collect bug/defect reports from users. The data entered into the form will be manually reviewed and entered into a separate bug tracking software.

Please find the new form at : https://forms.gle/9if1q8Z6yyPpz18J9

May 7, 2019 | Launched Official Website

A new website for this modding API has been launched. I'm still in the process of getting some things situated, and I hope to add more features to begin building a community.

Users can visit the new website at : www.sexboundapi.com

April 3, 2019 | Final Major Update

The newly released v2.9 is the final major update to the Sexbound API, and it is no longer considered to be in beta. There's a long list of new features to highlight, but you can read about them in the change log below. The most important features to highlight are:

1) Newly added UI button commands to toggle on/off all worn clothing with the UI overlay.
2) Newly added 'Sexbound Loungeable Addon' can be purchased from the Infinity Express and used to upgrade compatible loungeable furniture objects for lounging or having sex.
3) Custom hats and custom dyes on compatible clothing items are shown while having sex.
4) NPCs and other entities can be transformed while in protected instances such as the Outpost.
5) NPCs are no longer required to die in order to transform into a loungeable sex object.

After this update, I will be taking a long break from creating content for Starbound, and I'm going to focus the majority of my time on other endeavors. In the meantime, I'll continue to provide support and patch any major bugs that arise. Please note, that there have been new goals set on my Patreon page, and I'm not neglecting those goals. If any of the goals are met, then you can expect that I will follow through with spending the specified amount of time working to improve this project and other related mods.

Thank you to my supporters, and it's largely you and my previous angel investors that made this all possible.

February 14, 2019 | Happy Valentines Day! ❤️

I've picked up my repaired laptop, and I've resumed working on this project. Once again, thank you so much! - to everyone who helped me to get over that hump in the road.

A new minor version was released to fix an issue that has been plaguing Mac OS users for a very long time. After updating to version 2.8.3, Mac OS players should be able to transform NPCs into Sex Nodes when they are standing in front of background tiles. The problem has been that the world.tileIsOccupied function is used to check when a tile is occupied before placing a Sex Node, and the function behaves differently on Mac OS where it by default checks if background tiles are occupied. The fix was to explicitly set the function to check foreground tiles only.

February 9, 2019 | Laptop is being repaired.

We're good! Wow! First of all, I would like to express the utmost gratitude to each and every donator who has sent me a donation. You are all literally my angels, and you all rock! I've taken my Macbook in for repair, and it'll be about 10 business days until the battery is replaced. The donations have helped me to completely cover the cost to have it repaired. Once again, thank you all very much because I would never have been able to cover that cost anytime soon. In the meantime, I will be able to use my SO's computer on a part-time basis to do some quick work to improve the documentation, and I'll setup a temporary dev environment to continue polishing my latest additions to the framework.

February 8, 2019 | Computer died.

I went to login to my Macbook, but I was unable to boot it up without it shutting down before getting into an operating system. Eventually, I was able to boot it up and troubleshoot the issue, and I was able to backup my latest work. In the process, I learned that my Macbook's battery is almost completely dead, and it will need to be replaced.

Today, I went to an authorized repair shop to check how much it will cost to have the battery replaced, and I have been quoted about 225 USD. I've been working full time to develop and maintain the Sexbound mod for Starbound, and it has left little time for me to earn an income doing anything else.

So, I would greatly appreciate any extra donations that I can get to help me cover this expense. Thank you, all!

Currently at : $236.17 / $225 = 100%

January 13, 2019 | New Features.

In beta version 2.8.0, characters can wear supported chest items, and the Hawaiian costume is fully enabled in this release. Players can spawn in the Hawaiian items with the following commands:

/spawnitem hawaiianchest
/spawnitem hawaiianhead
/spawnitem hawaiianlegs

Furthermore, this released version begins actually checking compatibility between the API and supported mods. The Required Version number set in an entity's sexboundConfig will be compared with the installed version of Sexbound API. If a mismatch between versions is found, then the Player will be notified to update either Sexbound API or a specific mod.

There are many modders interested in creating custom wearable clothing, and I'll work closely to help them get started to make their clothing SxB compatible. So, keep on the lookout for new wearable clothing mods!

Previous Versions

Download previous versions of Sexbound from our official archive: Mega.nz

Installation

This modding framework was created for Starbound v1.3.2 & up.

Installing the PAK version

1. Backup + delete any previously installed version of the API.
2. Extract the contents of the .zip file.
3. Move the *.pak file directly into your Starbound mods directory.
4. Finished.

Installing the SRC version

1. Backup + delete any previously installed version of the API.

2. Extract the contents of the .zip file.

3. Move the single extracted folder into your mods directory.

4. Finished.

⁉️ Unable to find your mod folder's location? Check the spoiler.

Spoiler

The below installation locations are for users who purchased Starbound from Steam.

Windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods

Mac OS: 

/Users/REPLACE_WITH_USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/mods

language-support.png

Russian by Mahorych00

Documentation

Modding Guides

1) How to create a custom species support mod for Sexbound API v2.6.x and up.

Click Here ]

2) Miscellaneous Guides

[ Click Here

3) Mod Image Cover (PNG - 512x512)

[ Click Here ]

Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ

Please read the below frequently asked questions before asking your question in our support forum.

Spoiler

1. How can I protect myself and / or my family members from experiencing the content of this mod?

Don't install it. All end-users of this software must be at least 18 years old to view, download, and / or install this software. 

2. Will Sexbound be released to Steam Workshop?

No. It can only be downloaded from this website, and I have no intention to upload latest versions to any other website.

3. Does this mod support my character's race?

All major playable vanilla races and many custom races are supported. You must download a separate support mod for your custom race. If you cannot find a support mod for your character's race, then make a request for the Community to create a support mod.

4. How do I have sex with an NPC?

There are two main methods to have sex with an NPC, and both methods will require you to download additional mod.

Method #1 - Shoot an NPC with Aphrodite's Bow (i) which is a SxB compatible bow that is a commonly used by many players. Its primary attack transforms an NPC into a sex node object, whereas the secondary attack causes an NPC to max its arousal instantly. You must download and install the Aphrodite's Bow mod, then you'll need to complete the quest line to obtain the bow.

Method #2 - Use a SxB Loungeable Addon object to extend the functionality of a loungeable bed to enable having sex. You must use another compatible mod to influence an NPC to enter a sex-enabled bed, such as Aphrodite's Bow, Naturally Horny, or Statue of Dibella.

5. How can I obtain a SxB Loungeable Addon object?

The SxB Loungeable Addon item can be purchased from Infinity Express (Outpost) for 1000 pixels each. Or, they can be found as reward in almost any chest or storage container that rewards treasure.

6. How do I place the SxB Loungeable Addon onto a loungeable furniture object?

You can place the SxB Loungeable Addon by horizontally centering it over a loungeable object, then place it when the highlight around the placement image turns blue. If it doesn't turn blue at all, then the furniture object has not been made to be compatible. If you have experience placing addons on a fully upgraded anvil, then you can expect the process to be very similar.

7. How long will an NPC stay transformed as a sex node object?

By default, an entity will stay transformed as a sex node object for up to five minutes, but it depends on which mod is used to transform the entity.

8. How can I return an NPC to normal when it is transformed into a sex node object?

You can use you matter manipulator to smash the entity, or you can attack the transformed NPCs feet, then it'll transform back into its normal state. Furthermore, tenants will transform back into their normal state upon being called home.

9. Why can't I have sex with a certain NPC?

You can have sex with vast majority of vanilla NPCs, but some of the NPCs, such as story NPCs, are not compatible by default. It's only a matter of time until they are made to be compatible as it takes a considerable amount of time to create the required custom sprites. It is no longer a problem to have sex with crew members or entities located within protected instances.

Furthermore, certain third-party mods might cause some NPC types to not function such as villagers. For example, Space Police and Killable NPCs are two mods that cause the Villager type NPCs to no longer function with Sexbound API.  It's possible to continue using some third-party mods that cause trouble for Sexbound API, but you must install additional patch mods to provide a fix for specific NPC types. These patch mods have been configured to be the last mods loaded which lessens the likelihood that their additions will be overwritten by other mods:

A) Villager

10. Can I have sex with another player?

Yes, you can have sex with another player. Currently, the only method to have sex with another player is to lounge together in a sex-enabled furniture object.

11. How long must I wait for my character to try to give birth after choosing to give birth later?

The player character will try to give birth again after 1 day has elapsed.

12. How do I change the actors to use their default head artwork during the animation?

In the sexbound.config file - under actor > defaultArtwork > head - change the value to be :

"/<entityGroup>/<species>/<gender>head.png"

13. Where is the sexbound.config file located?

The sexbound.config file is located in the root folder of this mod, but you must download and use the UNPAK version.

14. How do I edit the sexbound.config file?

Open the file using notepad or another ASCII text editor, then make your changes and save normally.

15. Why isn't an actor displaying pregnancy?

By default, the pregnancy fetish is disabled. You must manually enable the pregnancy fetish setting Pregnant plugin's config option "enablePregnancyFetish" to be 'true'.

Note: The pregnancy config file is located here: /scripts/sexbound/plugins/pregnant/pregnant.config

16. Why isn't my character displaying a pregnant belly when I'm not having a sex interaction?

Pregnancy doesn't show up outside of having sex because it's a modding limitation that we cannot easily overcome in Starbound.

17. How can I visit the Sexbound Sandbox dungeon?

You can use the command /sexboundsandbox to teleport there.

---

sexbound-banner.png

* 🔞You must be at least 18 years old to view, download, or install this mod.

15 hours ago, sg0230359 said:

Just installed the latest beta, now everyone floats above the beds when they lay down/have sex. Any advice?

I'm working to fix this issue at the moment.

so just tried to have sex with a crew member and it split into a naked sprite ready for sex and a sprite ready for battle..Bug?

1 hour ago, TSG1100 said:

so just tried to have sex with a crew member and it split into a naked sprite ready for sex and a sprite ready for battle..Bug?

Yeah, this has been a long time bug. I hope to find a way to fix it one day.

Alright cool just makin sure you know love the mod by the way...Say could we get a Way so I dont come home to find My  girl fuckin another dude..say like a ring or something?

Hi, dunno if this is the right place to ask, but is there a way to change children such that they match the race of the father instead of the mother? Or would this have to be done with a mod? I did some digging in the config files and whatnot, but couldn't find a way to do this.

Keep up the good work, this is a really amazing mod and I would love to see more added to it as well as other mods adding support to it.

1 hour ago, UnknownMaster1234 said:

I have no clue what does the children do when you give birth to them, can you make them your crew?

The children are born as villager type NPCs for now. So, they will give quests, and you can complete quests for them. Overtime, I think that they can become part of your crew.

5 hours ago, Rapifessor said:

Hi, dunno if this is the right place to ask, but is there a way to change children such that they match the race of the father instead of the mother? Or would this have to be done with a mod? I did some digging in the config files and whatnot, but couldn't find a way to do this.

Keep up the good work, this is a really amazing mod and I would love to see more added to it as well as other mods adding support to it.

This might require a flag that can be set in one of the config files. Probably, the pregnant.config file, so I'll note it down as a suggestion to implement.

19 minutes ago, Locuturus said:

The children are born as villager type NPCs for now. So, they will give quests, and you can complete quests for them. Overtime, I think that they can become part of your crew.

so then, how do I do their quest when they are born on the ship?

2 hours ago, UnknownMaster1234 said:

so then, how do I do their quest when they are born on the ship?

Yeah, that is a good point. I'm going to need to put some more thought into this. How would you feel about the child instantly being promoted to a crewmember when you are on your ship?

12 hours ago, TSG1100 said:

Alright cool just makin sure you know love the mod by the way...Say could we get a Way so I dont come home to find My  girl fuckin another dude..say like a ring or something?

This is a golden idea. Please do this!

Also I am aware of the abortion pill that I think is part of the Alluring Toys pack? But is there a way to stop crew members from multiplying in my ship? It's honestly quite annoying to have them breeding and filling up my ship with people I don't want there since my crew is already full anyway.

And lastly I don't know if this is the right place to request additions to custom race support?

3 hours ago, Locuturus said:

Yeah, that is a good point. I'm going to need to put some more thought into this. How would you feel about the child instantly being promoted to a crewmember when you are on your ship?

That would be a great idea~ Also do you have a discord?

On 11/25/2018 at 5:36 AM, scorpionking6 said:

hi. the sexbound api dosn´t work on the actual version of starbound.

Is this true?

2 hours ago, Nomint said:

Is this true?

This shouldn't be true because it is working for most others. It is possible that there could be a conflict with another mod when Starbound won't start with this mod installed.

Some times it wont even notify you of a new babies birth as a man trying to create a full female harem and killing off the men this is a bit of a problem..This is why a Harem ring shhould be created

I'm having an issue with the 2.6.1 update, Whenever i enter Doggystyle on beds the climax bars get stuck along with the sprites getting stuck, With version 2.6.0 i didn't get that bug

1 hour ago, IsabellesBells said:

I'm having an issue with the 2.6.1 update, Whenever i enter Doggystyle on beds the climax bars get stuck along with the sprites getting stuck, With version 2.6.0 i didn't get that bug

Yes, there was a bug in SexTalk plugin script that was causing the API to crash when changing positions. I've fixed this bug in version 2.6.2. Thank you for helping to bring it to my attention.