On 9/12/2020 at 9:04 AM, EgoBallistic said:

From the Troubleshooting section on the mod's front page:

Q: I can surrender to enemies, they surround me, but then no animations play and everyone stands in place forever.

A: This means AAF did not respond to an animation request.  Violation scenes depend on AAF sending event messages back to Violate.  If AAF is not running or experiences a fatal error, it won't send any events and Violate will be stuck waiting forever.

There are two possibilities:

• AAF is not working at all.  You should verify that AAF works in your game by using the Home key to select actors and play animations.  If that doesn't work, your AAF installation has a problem.  Playing animations in Violate will therefore not work.
  • AAF tried to play an animation that caused it to crash.  Some animation packs or XML patches with incorrectly formatted XML can cause this.  You should make sure that your animation packs are correctly installed and that any patches (The One Patch, Patch for Animations, AJ's Various XML, etc) and their required mods are installed in the right order.

You can force a stuck violation to end by holding down the surrender hotkey for 5 seconds and releasing it.  This will allow you to continue playing, but AAF will probably remain stuck.

hmmm pressing the home key indeed does nothing, but the i can see the mod in my mod manager. i installed it via NMM is that an issue?

5 hours ago, Yullasis2 said:

hmmm pressing the home key indeed does nothing, but the i can see the mod in my mod manager. i installed it via NMM is that an issue?

You can see it, but is the plugin active? If it's working you'll see a AAF loading status when loading a game.

Hi, I'm not very good with English (I communicate with google translator) I need help with settings.

When my character is violated and subsequently tied up (with Real Handcuffs or Devious Devices) the follower sticks around and attacks the enemies after a while.
The enemies react by attacking the follower and my character, who again gives up and is violated again.

This repeats itself several times until my character runs out of HP and dies. Then I just have to reload the game.

It doesn't make much sense. Is it possible to have the follower either tied up or sent back to his home?

1 hour ago, Balmung889 said:

Hi, I'm not very good with English (I communicate with google translator) I need help with settings.

When my character is violated and subsequently tied up (with Real Handcuffs or Devious Devices) the follower sticks around and attacks the enemies after a while.
The enemies react by attacking the follower and my character, who again gives up and is violated again.

This repeats itself several times until my character runs out of HP and dies. Then I just have to reload the game.

It doesn't make much sense. Is it possible to have the follower either tied up or sent back to his home?

In the MCM you can toggle the setting Teleport to safe location, or increase the Pacification time out, so you have a chance to get away.

2 hours ago, Balmung889 said:

Your follower should follow you after the violation, but it can take a few seconds for them to find their way.  As @izzyknows suggested, you may want to increase the Pacification Duration option (under Player Surrender Options) so that you have more time before everyone becomes hostile again.

2 hours ago, Balmung889 said:

Followers will get tied up if the MCM settings allow them to be violated (Followers Can Be Violated is ON and Follower Gender Settings match the gender of your follower).  Otherwise they will kneel with their hands up and follow you when you are released.  But as I said, it may take a few seconds for them to start following you.

How do we increase the chance that the character will be sexually violated? I also use Crime and Punishment. In almost all cases all I get are the "I'm tired of listening to you whining" and you then have to run away. Am I just not seeing a slider or . . ? 

edit 1: I was able to get the gangbang to work, but I'm seeing messages that Violate scene could not happen, which I'm guessing is it didn't find a suitable animation (Bondage, VanillaKinky, Cabbage's installed, etc etc).

edit 2: Using Real Handcuffs, the character simply gets stuck. I can't walk or run. Opening the pipboy gives me the Real Handcuff dialogue box about trying to pick the locks, etc etc, but the character is stuck in place. I've tried it with being added Before and After the scene, same result.

2 hours ago, ETSubmariner said:

How do we increase the chance that the character will be sexually violated?

The chance is set in Player Options.  You set a health threshold for auto-surrender and a chance to surrender once you hit that threshold.  By default the chance is 100%.

If you are using another mod that allows auto surrender (CAP, RSE II CSA, Deviously Cursed Wasteland, MCG, etc) you should only enable auto surrender in one mod.  Otherwise they might both kick in and cause all kinds of problems.

In almost all cases all I get are the "I'm tired of listening to you whining" and you then have to run away. Am I just not seeing a slider or . . ? 

That dialogue is not from this mod.  You are probably auto-surrendering via CAP or some other mod.  See above.

edit 1: I was able to get the gangbang to work, but I'm seeing messages that Violate scene could not happen, which I'm guessing is it didn't find a suitable animation (Bondage, VanillaKinky, Cabbage's installed, etc etc).

Correct, if you see SceneInit Status [4] that means missing animation.  You can see the exact error in the AAF admin console.  There is a list of recommended animation packs in the FAQ section on the mod's front page.

edit 2: Using Real Handcuffs, the character simply gets stuck. I can't walk or run. Opening the pipboy gives me the Real Handcuff dialogue box about trying to pick the locks, etc etc, but the character is stuck in place. I've tried it with being added Before and After the scene, same result.

I don't know how that would happen.  If you are still controlled by Violate you won't be able to use the Tab key.  It sounds like you may be held in place by another mod.  Again, make sure Violate is the only mod you are surrendering with.

That does appear to be the case with CAP. Looks like when it activates you get a bit of dialogue and can be kidnapped as one of its options, but with its surrender on the Real Handcuff thing locks the player solid and you can't move or do anything but get that lockpicking thing. I did lockpick it once to see if freeing myself from the cuffs worked, but the character was still locked up tight.

is there a way to change what aaf excludes when searching for an animation? 2/3 times it tries, it comes up with error 4 but I have most of your recommended animation packs from the faq installed. these aren't the only tags it will exclude, but it's the only screenshot I have.

annoying me.PNG

4 hours ago, bookien said:

is there a way to change what aaf excludes when searching for an animation? 2/3 times it tries, it comes up with error 4 but I have most of your recommended animation packs from the faq installed. these aren't the only tags it will exclude, but it's the only screenshot I have.

annoying me.PNG

The error says it couldn't find any MMF animations tagged as Aggressive and which don't have those other tags.  I don't believe there are any MMF animations out there that have those excluded tags, so that is not the problem.

If you have SavageCabbage's pack and AAF Themes installed, you should have plenty of MMF animations tagged as Aggressive.  You need to make sure you have the latest versions of those two mods, and that no patches are removing the tags.

When violate tries to run a gangbang scene the npc's move in, the screen fades to black, when it comes back I get a popup message that says something like "so-and-so was raped hard with help from some other gang member.

No scene plays. Not sure if its a problem I'm having with this mod or some other.  Everything was working fine until I updated a few days ago, and started a new game

30 minutes ago, wildtangent said:

When violate tries to run a gangbang scene the npc's move in, the screen fades to black, when it comes back I get a popup message that says something like "so-and-so was raped hard with help from some other gang member.

No scene plays. Not sure if its a problem I'm having with this mod or some other.  Everything was working fine until I updated a few days ago, and started a new game

Do you have any supporting animations installed?

4 hours ago, Fishmenthe said:

Hey just wondering, how do you get animations to line up in violate?, you dont seem to be able to open the aaf wizard during the event.

Not sure what you mean about lining up animations, but the option to enable the AAF wizard during animations is on the Global Options page in the MCM.

10 hours ago, Fishmenthe said:

Hey just wondering, how do you get animations to line up in violate?, you dont seem to be able to open the aaf wizard during the event.

Do you mean the two or more people aren't in the correct positions? Yeah, that definitely happens occasionally. I know Ego Ballistic replied how to get the wizard open, and I'm guessing you know you can switch to a different animation and back again at that point. Works nicely if the characters aren't moving at all too. 

On 7/17/2020 at 1:24 AM, EgoBallistic said:

OnSceneInit error [4] means AAF could not find an animation that fits the actors and the required tags.  Since you have the animations installed, most likely the problem is that the animations don't have the right tags -- Violate calls for animations with the "Aggressive" tag.  So, make sure you have Themes installed, and that you don't have some mod installed that removes tags from animations.

I think I saw an option in the menu about requiring an Aggressive tag for this mod. I'll look again, but if it is there and I turn it off any and all types of animations might play?

13 minutes ago, ETSubmariner said:

I think I saw an option in the menu about requiring an Aggressive tag for this mod. I'll look again, but if it is there and I turn it off any and all types of animations might play?

That option existed in old versions of the mod, but no longer.  You have to have your tags set up properly using Themes for this mod to work right.

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

That option existed in old versions of the mod, but no longer.  You have to have your tags set up properly using Themes for this mod to work right.

Cool, thanks.

On the topic of just basic AAF, do you think the author will move towards a more robust AAF that sees it can't play a particular animation/tag/whatever, and keeps picking until it can?

5 hours ago, doopdoo said:

Is it possible to have companions/npcs get raped without needing the player to be defeated n raped too?

You can set Player Can Be Violated to False in the MCM and you won't be raped but your companions will.  There isn't any kind of autonomy feature where NPCs rape each other in combat though.