Hi, I went in to DB Technical and ended up losing to Bosco but I got a failure to play the Violate scene, of course I have forgotten the exact wording but I did go back and got captured on purpose and all worked as usual until it came around to Bosco again. Third time, same result. Every time I would wait through the aggro cooldown as if the scene had played then they go violent on me. Violate is working in every other circumstance, I just thought this was weird enough to mention, thanks.

10 minutes ago, Vuulgar said:

Hi, I went in to DB Technical and ended up losing to Bosco but I got a failure to play the Violate scene, of course I have forgotten the exact wording but I did go back and got captured on purpose and all worked as usual until it came around to Bosco again. Third time, same result. Every time I would wait through the aggro cooldown as if the scene had played then they go violent on me. Violate is working in every other circumstance, I just thought this was weird enough to mention, thanks.

The AAF admin screen can tell you the error code. If that code is 4, it means AAF could not find a suitable set of animations for the NPCs involved - usually gangbang problems is what I experience. Try turning off Female Raiders temporarily in there to test.

Sadly AAF itself doesn't somehow see the error code it throws because if it did it might be nice for it to find some other animation set to use instead rather than just quitting. Just keep looking until it can find one it will use, basically, even if it is a 1:1 animation with 20 NPCs standing around waiting their turn.

18 hours ago, Vuulgar said:

Strange.  There isn't anything special about Bosco that should prevent him from playing AAF animations.  However, he is a quest NPC.  If you are using version 1.40 or 1.41 of AAF Violate, you should update to the latest, as there is a bug in those versions that prevents quest NPCs from being surrendered to or participating in violations.

If that isn't the problem then I would need to see what the error message was.

18 hours ago, ETSubmariner said:

Sadly AAF itself doesn't somehow see the error code it throws because if it did it might be nice for it to find some other animation set to use instead rather than just quitting. Just keep looking until it can find one it will use, basically, even if it is a 1:1 animation with 20 NPCs standing around waiting their turn.

That's not really AAF's responsibility though.  The OnSceneInit Status [4] tells the calling mod that AAF couldn't find an animation that suits the actors and tags, and it is up to the calling mod (Violate in this case) to handle it.  AAF can't possibly know what the mod author intended, so it doesn't make sense for AAF to try and play an animation with fewer actors, or different tags, etc.  That might very well make things worse. 

Ultimately, it is up to the calling mod to decide what to do in case an animation call fails.  In Violate's case, if an animation involving a companion fails, it simply acts as if the animation had played and ended normally.  So, depending on number of actors, MCM settings, etc, the actors may get another chance to be in an animation.  But, for animations on the player, I made the decision to report the error and end the scene.  Violate's MCM gives the player a lot of control over the race, gender, and number of actors in animations, and the default settings work for any setup with the common animation packs that include M/F aggressive animations.  If the player decides to change the MCM settings, it's their responsibility to ensure they have animation packs to match.

Started playing Fallout 4 again recently after nearly 3 years (don't think I'll get back into modding though, too busy with my own game) and glad to see Violate, Family Planning, Vanilla Fudge and Animated Fannies having all been adopted and further expanded by you and other talented modders for this new AAF system. Tried Violate and it works perfectly. Great job!

2 hours ago, vinfamy said:

Started playing Fallout 4 again recently after nearly 3 years (don't think I'll get back into modding though, too busy with my own game) and glad to see Violate, Family Planning, Vanilla Fudge and Animated Fannies having all been adopted and further expanded by you and other talented modders for this new AAF system. Tried Violate and it works perfectly. Great job!

Thank you, that means a lot!

1 hour ago, Thingolf said:

Im trying to surrender, but after surrendering thist is only a short bit of dialogue, and then my player and the npc just stand still staring at eachother, and nothing else happens... any way to fix?

Q: I can surrender to enemies, they surround me, but then no animations play and everyone stands in place forever.

A: This means AAF did not respond to an animation request.  Violation scenes depend on AAF sending event messages back to Violate.  If AAF is not running or experiences a fatal error, it won't send any events and Violate will be stuck waiting forever.

There are two possibilities:

• AAF is not working at all.  You should verify that AAF works in your game by using the Home key to select actors and play animations.  If that doesn't work, your AAF installation has a problem.  Playing animations in Violate will therefore not work.
  • AAF tried to play an animation that caused it to crash.  Some animation packs or XML patches with incorrectly formatted XML can cause this.  You should make sure that your animation packs are correctly installed and that any patches (The One Patch, Patch for Animations, AJ's Various XML, etc) and their required mods are installed in the right order.

You can force a stuck violation to end by holding down the surrender hotkey for 5 seconds and releasing it.  This will allow you to continue playing, but AAF will probably remain stuck.

On 9/22/2020 at 8:51 PM, ETSubmariner said:

The AAF admin screen can tell you the error code. If that code is 4, it means AAF could not find a suitable set of animations for the NPCs involved - usually gangbang problems is what I experience. Try turning off Female Raiders temporarily in there to test.

Sorry, been busy and not messed with it, the gang bang animations work, all the other raiders went through multiple animation types but when it got to Bosco each time it failed. I lost to an Assaultron from the junkyard by Finch Farms and got the same outcome as there are not animations for robots that I am aware of so is it possible Bosco is a race of his own?

On 9/23/2020 at 2:37 PM, EgoBallistic said:

Strange.  There isn't anything special about Bosco that should prevent him from playing AAF animations.  However, he is a quest NPC.  If you are using version 1.40 or 1.41 of AAF Violate, you should update to the latest, as there is a bug in those versions that prevents quest NPCs from being surrendered to or participating in violations.

If that isn't the problem then I would need to see what the error message was.

Nah I am updated to the newest of everything. I sadly finally killed him so I cant go back and see it. I did lose to an original game Assaultron with no robot animations and it played out the same way, if you checked Bosco and saw nothing different about him then...I dont know. Weird but selective enough it will likely never come up. Thanks for all your efforts here.

8 hours ago, Vuulgar said:

Nah I am updated to the newest of everything. I sadly finally killed him so I cant go back and see it. I did lose to an original game Assaultron with no robot animations and it played out the same way, if you checked Bosco and saw nothing different about him then...I dont know. Weird but selective enough it will likely never come up. Thanks for all your efforts here.

I tested this for myself and, to my great surprise, I also got a SceneInit error 4.  It turns out there's nothing wrong with Bosco or any of his goons.  The issue is that the latest version of Themes commented out the tags for AJ's Various XML.  This led to AAF being unable to find an aggressive mixed-gender gangbang animation.

This is frustrating.

Anyway here is a modified version of Theme_SexKinky_NoFurnGB_tagData.xml which re-enables those tags.

Theme_SexKinky_NoFurnGB_tagData.xml

20 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

I tested this for myself and, to my great surprise, I also got a SceneInit error 4.  It turns out there's nothing wrong with Bosco or any of his goons.  The issue is that the latest version of Themes commented out the tags for AJ's Various XML.  This led to AAF being unable to find an aggressive mixed-gender gangbang animation.

This is frustrating.

Anyway here is a modified version of Theme_SexKinky_NoFurnGB_tagData.xml which re-enables those tags.

Theme_SexKinky_NoFurnGB_tagData.xml 6.9 kB · 1 download

Is this why my game is occasionally crashing to desktop?

:exclamation:

Hello Ego,

first of all thanks for this realy nice Mod ?

A short question.

At the start of the surrender scene the victim stands.

Is there a chance to change that against another pose?

I can change it myself if you give me some hints where to change it - i have all the bondage poses installed ?

Thanks for help

Ava

13 minutes ago, Avahashija said:

At the start of the surrender scene the victim stands.

Is there a chance to change that against another pose?

It's not a pose, it's an animation flavor.  The player works differently than NPCs in this mod.  Changing it to an idle would require modifying the scripts in several places.

On 9/25/2020 at 12:56 PM, EgoBallistic said:

Q: I can surrender to enemies, they surround me, but then no animations play and everyone stands in place forever.

A: This means AAF did not respond to an animation request.  Violation scenes depend on AAF sending event messages back to Violate.  If AAF is not running or experiences a fatal error, it won't send any events and Violate will be stuck waiting forever.

There are two possibilities:

• AAF is not working at all.  You should verify that AAF works in your game by using the Home key to select actors and play animations.  If that doesn't work, your AAF installation has a problem.  Playing animations in Violate will therefore not work.
  • AAF tried to play an animation that caused it to crash.  Some animation packs or XML patches with incorrectly formatted XML can cause this.  You should make sure that your animation packs are correctly installed and that any patches (The One Patch, Patch for Animations, AJ's Various XML, etc) and their required mods are installed in the right order.

You can force a stuck violation to end by holding down the surrender hotkey for 5 seconds and releasing it.  This will allow you to continue playing, but AAF will probably remain stuck.

Yes that was the problem, solved it now :) But now I have another problem, suddenly my character suddenly went down into a crawling (dog/pet like) animation, and I am stuck that way now. Whenever I equip weapons and fight things work as normal, but when I unequip them she goes back crawling again. She was made a slave by a wolf and had that animation, but I killed the wolf and that should no longer be the problem. Help?

13 minutes ago, Thingolf said:

Yes that was the problem, solved it now :) But now I have another problem, suddenly my character suddenly went down into a crawling (dog/pet like) animation, and I am stuck that way now. Whenever I equip weapons and fight things work as normal, but when I unequip them she goes back crawling again. She was made a slave by a wolf and had that animation, but I killed the wolf and that should no longer be the problem. Help?

This mod doesn't do anything like that.  But I am interested to know what mod the crawling animation came from.

You should be able to reset your animations by opening the console and typing these two commands:

player.caf

player.caa AnimArchetypePlayer

9 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

This mod doesn't do anything like that.  But I am interested to know what mod the crawling animation came from.

You should be able to reset your animations by opening the console and typing these two commands:

player.caf

player.caa AnimArchetypePlayer

Could be Simple slavery or deviously enslaved OR Sanguine Debauchery I think.

Need some help if possible.  I have auto surrenders turned off in the CSA mod as the Violate mod page suggests, but my character still auto surrenders when her health gets low.  Are there any other options that I need to toggle to stop this from happening?  In other words, I only want to surrender by hotkey via Violate.  I don't have any other combat mods installed and only have the mods required/soft required for Violate to work.

3 hours ago, tsnootch said:

Need some help if possible.  I have auto surrenders turned off in the CSA mod as the Violate mod page suggests, but my character still auto surrenders when her health gets low.  Are there any other options that I need to toggle to stop this from happening?  In other words, I only want to surrender by hotkey via Violate.  I don't have any other combat mods installed and only have the mods required/soft required for Violate to work.

The recommendation you read was about avoiding having RSE II: CSA's autosurrender conflict with AAF Violate's autosurrender. If you don't want any mods to autosurrender when health is low, then you have to turn it off in all of them.