Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

So what does this mean for the chances for Starfield this E3? 

Is Fallout76 going to be the big game presented? Or did they release the trailer now this way in order to give the game some time of hype before Skyfield absorbs all of it?

This, combined with the memory from the last year completely killed my excitement for their E3 presentation this year.

2 hours ago, Halstrom said:

I hope its not another new engine for Fallout so we have to wait or a new CK and create all the mods  again including the animations kerfuffle .

If its a prequel we will miss a lot of the fun things like critters including Deathclaws and Ghouls etc

Think its gonna support Modding although it could be Multiplayer ? I never looked into Modding.

2 hours ago, Halstrom said:

I hope its not another new engine for Fallout so we have to wait or a new CK and create all the mods  again including the animations kerfuffle .

If its a prequel we will miss a lot of the fun things like critters including Deathclaws and Ghouls etc

From what i've read, and i've read a lot of information. It seems that it is the same engine than the one on Fallout 4. However, they say it's an improved and reworked version of the Fallout's engine. So we can stay optimistic and imagine that it won't redifine everything we know about the actual engine. If the way animation are working isn't touched, it won't be such an issue imo. 

For the second part, well I don't know everything about the Fallout universe But, aren't Ghouls humans that survived the apocalypse but just suffered the radiation ? 

1 hour ago, protocolk said:

To me looks like its on the same time as fallout 1, and people in the vault are celbrating it openning so they can "rebuild" the world.

Not exactly, as you look closely to the old version of the Pip-Boy, we can see the date of 2102, so 25 years aftert the apocalyspe and so way before Fallout 1 storyline. Furthermore, Vault 76 was one of the vault that didn't have some social experiment hidden behind it. They were build to "rebuild" after the apocalypse.

To conclude, I don't have any clue about the deathclaws, I don't think 25 years can be enough to show such mutation. I just know that the big bad boy mutant in Fallout 1 became a mutant the same year than the one showed here. Can be interesting. Hope it won't be a fucking MMORPG shit. 

20 minutes ago, prinyo said:

So what does this mean for the chances for Starfield this E3? 

Is Fallout76 going to be the big game presented? Or did they release the trailer now this way in order to give the game some time of hype before Skyfield absorbs all of it?

This, combined with the memory from the last year completely killed my excitement for their E3 presentation this year.

No, it should be released this year. The trailers shows in engine content, like we did see for Fallout 4 "let's go PAL" 

From what i've heard, its set in DC 5 years after Vault 76 reopened after the war

atm it's looking like a online survival game, been hearing words like multiplayer and online service game in regards to Fallout 76

Kotaku: Sources: Fallout 76 Is An Online Survival RPG

But Fallout 76 is in fact an online survival RPG that’s heavily inspired by games like DayZ and Rust, according to three people familiar with the project.

Originally prototyped as a multiplayer version of Fallout 4 with the goal of envisioning what an online Fallout game might look like, Fallout 76 has evolved quite a bit over the past few years, those sources said. It will have quests and a story, like any other game from Bethesda Game Studios, a developer known for meaty RPGs like Skyrim. It will also feature base-building—just like 2015's Fallout 4—and other survival-based and multiplayer mechanics, according to those sources. 

According to Fallout lore, Vault 76 was meant to open just 20 years after the nuclear war, allowing for a far less civilized setting than previous games. 

If its PvP forced like DayZ/Rust, count me (and my friend) out. We both hate PvP games, they make terrible communities (at least that was the case in both Rust and Dayz). I hope its more co-op like Destiny with a PVE focused AND also able to play singleplayer, and not forced PvP.

Even worse if its like some people are sorta joking if its an overwatch clone. That be the stupidest thing ever rofl

45 minutes ago, Sylandras said:

If its PvP forced like DayZ/Rust, count me (and my friend) out. We both hate PvP games, they make terrible communities (at least that was the case in both Rust and Dayz). I hope its more co-op like Destiny with a PVE focused AND also able to play singleplayer, and not forced PvP.

Well said, I hate pvp in any form, which means I pretty much never play online/co-op due to the fact that most force it at some point or other, I tend to just ignore it when it comes up but there is always some arse who thinks it is good fun to keep killing you while you try to complete whatever quests or what not you are trying to do.

Im back after lots of research and spelunking the internet with some juicy info on the game, those informations arent confirmed however so take it with a grain of salt.

It uses the same engine as fallout 4 and is made by BGS, not zenimax.

Its online but not an MMO, itll have some few bethesda hosted servers but most servers are going to be player hosted.

Possible mod support and updated CK.

The vault is on a interstate highway in west virginia, the map supposed to be massive.

The game is supposed to be settlement mode on steroids with RPG elements, the SPECIAL stats will be present.

No BOS, the game is before they were formed, but after the FEV so some mutants animals are possible, ghouls also appear.

Each server have its own rules, PVP is one of the server settings.

Fallout 4 was the base for this game, if its succesfull Zenimax may produce an ESO like fallout MMO, the game is a big test.

From reading between the lines its going to be Fallout1876. Victorians invent the bomb and drop it on the Hun. Little did they know that the Hun has their own secret weapon..... Anyway it's Fallout but with better clothing and orphans up chimneys. French faction DLC with kick dancing prostitutes and midget painters to be released in early 2019. 

10 hours ago, protocolk said:

Im back after lots of research and spelunking the internet with some juicy info on the game, those informations arent confirmed however so take it with a grain of salt.

Its online but not an MMO, itll have some few bethesda hosted servers but most servers are going to be player hosted.

Possible mod support and updated CK.

The vault is on a interstate highway in west virginia, the map supposed to be massive.

The game is supposed to be settlement mode on steroids with RPG elements, the SPECIAL stats will be present.

No BOS, the game is before they were formed, but after the FEV so some mutants animals are possible, ghouls also appear.

Each server have its own rules, PVP is one of the server settings.

Fallout 4 was the base for this game, if its succesfull Zenimax may produce an ESO like fallout MMO, the game is a big test.

So, it is Fallout: Exiles? Unless they have a breast and penis slider (for both genders)like its fantasy competition, it doesn't sound all that appealing at the moment.

17 hours ago, protocolk said:

It's being made by a new bethesda studio, not the main branch that made skyrim and fallout 4

according to a source who posted on reddit but deleted the post later on, Bethesda won't be allowing mods outside of the creation club which they are saying is a security measure. No confirmation on that so not sure if its true

1 hour ago, bobbo1 said:

It's being made by a new bethesda studio, not the main branch that made skyrim and fallout 4

according to a source who posted on reddit but deleted the post later on, Bethesda won't be allowing mods outside of the creation club which they are saying is a security measure. No confirmation on that so not sure if its true

"No external mods outside of CC, they're going to try and cut that off at the pass and sell it as a security thing citing stolen content and adult mods." was the original line in the leak (have a screenshot of the leak, thanks to Pretty Good Gaming on Youtube)

Archived