Share the weird quirks of your modded Skyrim.

Granted, there's a bigger issue going on than just Skyrim (that hasn't been solved after 3 visits to the repair shop, could be power leading into the PC from the wall) but when I walk through the gates of Falkreath, a few 'metres' in and my PC will consistently cold power off and reboot.

I'm playing on Legendary Edition still, and while it's not the only thing to cause my PC to do this, it's very reliably that area to trigger that event ?

I'm slowly fighting my way through rebuilding my modded game ready for another playthrough, and it seemed worth putting a couple of pics up for everyone's amusement.

To start with, there is the issue that I think my skyrim might have ended up a tiny little bit overgrown.

Has anyone seen Eorland Graymane around here somewhere?

Spoiler

MrGreymane.jpg.fa873660dca08c7089bec011754fa1e3.jpg

The other problem is possibly more significant, and sooner or later I will probably have to do something about it.

When I walk into the Bannered Mare, assassins turn up and kill everyone. Usually including me. This was one of the better outcomes, but there are a lot of named NPCs I don't want dead in that pile of corpses...

For now, i'm just avoiding the place...

Spoiler

679108007_EveryonesDeadDave.jpg.78f2b503f4f17b4fd5ebd7fbb04bcc2e.jpg

15 minutes ago, Lostdreamer said:

When I walk into the Bannered Mare, assassins turn up and kill everyone.

?

There's two ways to deal with that.

1. Install lots of followers who start in the B M, sit back and watch the fight.

2. Console click on a dead assassin and find out which mod sent them. Post answer here.

13 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

?

1. Install lots of followers who start in the B M, sit back and watch the fight.

2. Console click on a dead assassin and find out which mod sent them. Post answer here.

I'm 90% certain it's Dovakin's Infamy. Balgruuf is also hanging around in there, who then thanks you for saving him. I'm pretty sure that is one of the many branches of Infamy quests and i don't entirely want to pull that mod because they seem so well written and I can't help but feel I should actually do them at some point...

Solution 1 is a neat idea tho. I might do that. Place is crowded enough as it is mind, but I guess I can always uninstall the followers afterwards!

5 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

?

Clicking on an NPC to find out which mod they come from doesn't really work. My playthroughs start with a generic Thief with Master Thieves-guild armor (or whatever the highest armor is before you get the Nightengale armor) right after Embershard Mine and console clicking reveals he's from Skyrim.esm.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Where do you think he is from?

I don't ever remember seeing other generic NPC's wearing Guild Master's armor when my char is lvl1 and non of my mods make the game unleveled. Been jumped by "Assassin" but he wasn't wearing any Dark Brotherhood armor. JUST that "Thief" near Embershard Mine has the Guild Master armor from the Thieves Guild.

One mod (Immersive Encounters, I think) adds a rather annoying event in towns where one male NPC is chasing another naked-but-with-underwear one yelling something about his wife and that he's gonna kill the other one.  It seems when I was near Falkreath, on the road that goes above the town, the Two Alik'r harassing a Redguard Woman spawned and the mod also dropped in the chasing guy. Was funny to see him yelling "she's my wife! my wife!" while two other guys are telling her to come along quietly.

Too bad I didn't time the screenshot to catch his line instead of theirs.

Spoiler

ScreenShot804.jpg.ccb2692c4f36ea0cf63d0aec499d1198.jpg

On 2/28/2020 at 11:48 AM, 3WINTERS said:

Granted, there's a bigger issue going on than just Skyrim (that hasn't been solved after 3 visits to the repair shop, could be power leading into the PC from the wall) but when I walk through the gates of Falkreath, a few 'metres' in and my PC will consistently cold power off and reboot.

I'm playing on Legendary Edition still, and while it's not the only thing to cause my PC to do this, it's very reliably that area to trigger that event ?

Necro'ing a coule of these. Have you recently replaced your Graphics card, if so what to?
I just resolved an issue with my PC doing this... When I say resolved I mean removing the new graphics card and shipping it back to Amazon.

On 3/5/2020 at 11:05 PM, Rokabur said:

I don't ever remember seeing other generic NPC's wearing Guild Master's armor when my char is lvl1 and non of my mods make the game unleveled. Been jumped by "Assassin" but he wasn't wearing any Dark Brotherhood armor. JUST that "Thief" near Embershard Mine has the Guild Master armor from the Thieves Guild.

That sounds like Immersive Encounters. Having Thieves in RW or WR wearing guild armour.

On 3/18/2020 at 5:11 AM, Mez558 said:

Necro'ing a coule of these. Have you recently replaced your Graphics card, if so what to?
I just resolved an issue with my PC doing this... When I say resolved I mean removing the new graphics card and shipping it back to Amazon.

That sounds like Immersive Encounters. Having Thieves in RW or WR wearing guild armour.

I haven't changed my GPU (a 1070) since I had my pc built, four years ago now. My PC hasn't done a reboot in several weeks now, which isn't unusual. The problem randomly goes away for a time, before reemerging 

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching to my old screenshots made in my old gameplay on my pld pc (year 2016 I think) and I've found this....

Testing Driinkiin Race

Spoiler

bug.jpg.4a06c1baf394a4eefcbb05fa17be8bec.jpg1797668668_bug2.thumb.jpg.7f4f9d34d2021a4f9f87880676d806cc.jpg

When you just install a mod that enhance a place wher your follower is...

Spoiler

bug4.thumb.jpg.939adee921b72b3cc5fbce29e1ef30e4.jpg

Yep... she keept following me like this... Rolling her legs....

When you conjure a flame atronach but it doesn't go as you expect...

Spoiler

1099860272_bug3.jpg.5df668531bb95a14316a35283db1bb74.jpg

You may think I used a command to change the scale of the atronach but no... Next atronach was of normal size so don't know what happened.

I think there is one crazy NPC that uses them, but I can't remember who. It isn't the chef in the Ratway warrens though, he's got a regular knife.

There is a mod Master of Weapons that adds a lot of stuff like that, so your crazy follower could dual wield a rabbit haunch and leg of goat or a broom.  I think it goes really well with any mod that lets you use a blacksmithing forge anywhere by pressing a hotkey, so if you're stuck in a prison or some "take all your stuff" situation, you can actually pick up, convert, and then wield, the stuff you can find.