Share the weird quirks of your modded Skyrim.

The blacksmith in Solitude has a strange obsession with brooms. This is the second time now.

Blacksmith.jpg.b2cf558d215112770258e3c648e93409.jpg

Thought I was seeing double here. Turns out it's Lillith Maiden-Loom and Fralia Gray-Mane both looking at a dead body, the result of testing follower combat operations by setting their aggression to 3 and letting them run amok.

SeeingDouble.jpg

On 11/22/2019 at 10:52 AM, Parky said:

I have a stable that sits high in the sky over a giant encampment SW of Whiterun. Occasional when i ask for sex, we get transported there and fall off, killing the NPC.

That stable is also probably a bug from a mod. There shouldn't be a stable floating in the sky.  I installed a mod a few days ago called  Fort(ified) Dawnguard that added one.

Not that it would fix the sex-teleport-falling-to-death issue (that's been mostly fixed, I thought, via a patch somewhere on this site) you probably want to remove that dirty edit just to make everything else work better.

1 hour ago, karlpaws said:

That stable is also probably a bug from a mod. There shouldn't be a stable floating in the sky.  I installed a mod a few days ago called  Fort(ified) Dawnguard that added one.

Not that it would fix the sex-teleport-falling-to-death issue (that's been mostly fixed, I thought, via a patch somewhere on this site) you probably want to remove that dirty edit just to make everything else work better.

Just installed that same mod. There's a cleaned up version for SSE but have no idea how to backport it to Oldrim. Seen posts on other sites about loading it in the CK and resaving it but the CK just eventually craps out trying to loading the right files.

2 hours ago, Rokabur said:

Just installed that same mod. There's a cleaned up version for SSE but have no idea how to backport it to Oldrim. Seen posts on other sites about loading it in the CK and resaving it but the CK just eventually craps out trying to loading the right files.

I just opened it in TesEdit, found the worldspaces it was editing (and there should not be many in TamrielWorld since it should just be doing the castle valley area) and deleted the edited cells.  I'm getting better at that since I've had to do it a couple times now.

23 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

I just opened it in TesEdit, found the worldspaces it was editing (and there should not be many in TamrielWorld since it should just be doing the castle valley area) and deleted the edited cells.  I'm getting better at that since I've had to do it a couple times now.

There are other bugs/glitches with the Oldrim version (like it blocks you from ever using trainers) plus both Oldrim and SSE versions, the people never figured out how to get the new Dawnguard NPC's to be hostile to the vampires.

Thought I saw somewhere that Block 0, 0 was responsible for the floating object but in TES5Edit, Block 0, -1 Sub-Block 0, -1 references WhiteRunExt01.

1 hour ago, Rokabur said:

Thought I saw somewhere that Block 0, 0 was responsible for the floating object but in TES5Edit, Block 0, -1 Sub-Block 0, -1 references WhiteRunExt01.

That is my understanding of the sex in the sky thing. If the actors cannot get to the correct location/co-ord then they default to 0,0 which is the giant camp out there on the plain.

Cue the screenshot:

ScreenShot0.jpg.fcfac698b0ac6bab537027aa63aa1b09.jpg

4 hours ago, worik said:

Can you still recall the mod's name?

Vanilla? It's never been that high before. Usually it is about waist high which is still far too tall for me - the loot I lose is heart breaking.

I suppose it could come from SCO Summer Edition. There are not any grass mods installed anyway.