Share the weird quirks of your modded Skyrim.

On 2/18/2020 at 10:10 PM, Grey Cloud said:

Hall of Abstinence?

My game has become one of Abstinence when it comes to food. So I removed INeed and all of the Legraf tweeks, started again.
No food. Salt, but no food.

Installed INeeds again, started again. Salt. no food. Lots of empty barrels. Without INeed food is not important but it is annoying.

I am confused at what is being left behind.

Edit: Whilst INeed does have the feature to remove food from the game world, it wasn't that at all, it was MW&A which I must of upgraded during the play through.

On 2/20/2020 at 11:47 AM, Mez558 said:

My game has become one of Abstinence when it comes to food. So I removed INeed and all of the Legraf tweeks, started again.

Installed INeeds again, started again. Salt. no food. Lots of empty barrels. Without INeed food is not important but it is annoying.

Edit: Whilst INeed does have the feature to remove food from the game world, it wasn't that at all, it was MW&A which I must of upgraded during the play through.

There is a setting in the mcm menu of iNeed wich removes most if not all the food from barrels and other containers. but you could turn that feature off.

1 minute ago, Schalli1980 said:
On 2/20/2020 at 10:47 AM, Mez558 said:

There is a setting in the mcm menu of iNeed wich removes most if not all the food from barrels and other containers. but you could turn that feature off.

Yeah I know, it states that in my Editted comment. That feature in iNeed is Disabled by default which was what was confusing me and the issue was there even after removing the mod. The feature is turned on by default in MW&A however it's a percentage chance instead. Set the slider to zero and all my food issues went away.

The only thing in my game that really annoying me are the random shitty CTD that i wish to get rid of. Sometimes i could play for hours without any CTDs and stable 60 fps and some other time i get an CTD on the mainscreen before i could even load my game or after a few seconds of play. sometimes i got CTDs on saving or a very droped fps rate and the game stumble horrible (mostly indoors.) i wish i could get all of my mods (over 300!) running on the special edition but over the half of them are incompatible. oldrim sometimes really fucking me up! for example i could play GTA 5 on max settings with a stable fps rate and this old Game won't do me the favor. The other games from bethesda aren't that unstable like skyrim is and i never run into such problems with an fallout title or even the elders scroll 3 and 4. thats really sad. I mean i have 32 GB RAM but skyrim don't care about that, i still running out of memory over and over again. i know there isn't a solution for that because it's the engine from skyrim but man...sometimes i just need to blast of my anger.

1 hour ago, Schalli1980 said:

i still running out of memory over and over again. i know there isn't a solution for that because it's the engine

Are you using ENBoost or an ENB? Unless you are tanning the game with 4 and 8K textures or something then it should not be constantly running out of memory (RAM or VRAM). If I was you I would give my settings and configuration files a good coat of looking at.

3 hours ago, Schalli1980 said:

The only thing in my game that really annoying me are the random shitty CTD that i wish to get rid of. Sometimes i could play for hours without any CTDs and stable 60 fps and some other time i get an CTD on the mainscreen before i could even load my game or after a few seconds of play. sometimes i got CTDs on saving or a very droped fps rate and the game stumble horrible (mostly indoors.) i wish i could get all of my mods (over 300!) running on the special edition but over the half of them are incompatible. oldrim sometimes really fucking me up! for example i could play GTA 5 on max settings with a stable fps rate and this old Game won't do me the favor. The other games from bethesda aren't that unstable like skyrim is and i never run into such problems with an fallout title or even the elders scroll 3 and 4. thats really sad. I mean i have 32 GB RAM but skyrim don't care about that, i still running out of memory over and over again. i know there isn't a solution for that because it's the engine from skyrim but man...sometimes i just need to blast of my anger.

I have max esp slots full with hundreds of merged armors, followers, weapons, etc. In total 900+ mods and I crash only once in a blue moon and is usually not the game but some windows BS. If vram crashes are killing you get Bethini and set your inis to medium, or low and see if that does anything. I bet your on high, or ultra settings? Even with a 2080, and a 8700k I still have to nerf some settings to play with good textures for my character, and the world. I will say this tough, if I don't make a merged patch through Mator Smash with a good load order done by hand, my game won't last a blink. Its my saving grace. 

20 hours ago, Distortedrealms said:

I have max esp slots full with hundreds of merged armors, followers, weapons, etc. In total 900+ mods and I crash only once in a blue moon and is usually not the game but some windows BS. If vram crashes are killing you get Bethini and set your inis to medium, or low and see if that does anything. I bet your on high, or ultra settings? Even with a 2080, and a 8700k I still have to nerf some settings to play with good textures for my character, and the world. I will say this tough, if I don't make a merged patch through Mator Smash with a good load order done by hand, my game won't last a blink. Its my saving grace. 

i have also merged some esp files but this is not always good if the armor is enchanted. for example i have merged an amulet with other armor mods. the amulet is still in my game but the enchanted effect doesn't work anymore. so i'm not really a fan of merging.

i use LOOT for my load order because i'm not good by sorting the mods manualy. all my mods are installed with a mod manager and the max settings of the game could be 5 times bigger and my pc could still handle them so yes my settings are Ultra! I don't understand why i should lower them???

my mods are mostly quest and script heavy mods (Sexlab mods / Devious Devices mods - nearly all of them / Rigmor of Cyrodiil / Elsweyr / Slaverun Reloaded / Cursed Loot and other big mods). i have only a handfull of armor mods installed and not a single weapon mod and only 4 follower. (Vilja, Inigo and Bishop aka Skyrim Romance and a girl named Jennifer)

My game isn't as stable as yours, it crashes many times but for example, today i have played about 6 hours and it has crashed only a single time. the really annoying thing on CTDs is that when the game crash i got no information about why it crashed. i hate that, if the game would tell me why it crashed i could solve the problems.

oh and by the way, wich windows do you use? i have windows 8.1! maybe it has something to do with that?!

23 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Are you using ENBoost or an ENB? Unless you are tanning the game with 4 and 8K textures or something then it should not be constantly running out of memory (RAM or VRAM). If I was you I would give my settings and configuration files a good coat of looking at.

i use an ENBoost and all of my texture are 1k because my screen are only full hd and more than 1k doesn't make sense. maybe the mods itself causing the CTDs because many of them are very script heavy.

well i just attached my load order to this post so you can see wich mods i use. and one more thing i have a lot of animations installed, even more than the game could normaly handle. if i don't run out of memory than i guess my CTDs resulting from them and i think i need to get rid of some.

LoadOrder_Skyrim_2020-02-26T20-33-49.txt

This should really be in tech support but some general pointers in no particular order:

'Script-heavy' has nothing to do with anything.

Using ENBoost (or an ENB) is not the same as having it correctly configured for your particular hardware.

Have you used Skyrim Performance Monitor or similar to see how your hardware resources are being used?

This says that either your version of MNC is very old or it was not uninstalled correctly:

SexLabNudeCreatures.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp=1

See the description page for MNC and follow Madmansgun's excellent guide.

Having an old version of MNC can cause 'random' CTDs - they happen when you are near an animal/creature.

Too many animations would normally cause CTD on game load. If you use one of the latter versions of FNIS it will give you an estimate of how likely you are to suffer a CTD.

This is no longer needed, the animations are now incorporated into SLAL packs - NonSexLabAnimationPack.esp=1

The Official Hi-Res Texture Packs while probably not the direct cause of your CTDs are not very efficient and represent an unneeded load on your resources. There are several better alternatives out there.

There's nothing wrong with using LOOT. It is only necessary to go 'hands-on' for certain, specific issues.

1 hour ago, Schalli1980 said:

and the max settings of the game could be 5 times bigger and my pc could still handle them so yes my settings are Ultra!

Whether your PC can handle is not the issue. The issue is whether you have 8 year old Skyrim configured to handle them. You should try Bethini if only to reset your inis to default before trying again. Check out what the actual differences are between Ultra and the other settings then decide if there are any 'must haves'. You can also 'mix n match', it doesn't have to be one or the other.

You also have several old, abandoned or notoriously buggy mods in your load order.

ZaForswornStory.esp=1

zThingsInDark.esp=1

Captured Dreams.esp=1

SexLab Beastess.esp=1

ZaFromTheDeepsV2.esp=1

BesEss.esp=1

There are probably lots of other potential issues with all the DD related mods you have. I don't use them so I can't offer any advice on those.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

This should really be in tech support but some general pointers in no particular order:

'Script-heavy' has nothing to do with anything.

Using ENBoost (or an ENB) is not the same as having it correctly configured for your particular hardware.

Have you used Skyrim Performance Monitor or similar to see how your hardware resources are being used?

This says that either your version of MNC is very old or it was not uninstalled correctly:

SexLabNudeCreatures.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp=1

See the description page for MNC and follow Madmansgun's excellent guide.

Having an old version of MNC can cause 'random' CTDs - they happen when you are near an animal/creature.

Too many animations would normally cause CTD on game load. If you use one of the latter versions of FNIS it will give you an estimate of how likely you are to suffer a CTD.

This is no longer needed, the animations are now incorporated into SLAL packs - NonSexLabAnimationPack.esp=1

The Official Hi-Res Texture Packs while probably not the direct cause of your CTDs are not very efficient and represent an unneeded load on your resources. There are several better alternatives out there.

There's nothing wrong with using LOOT. It is only necessary to go 'hands-on' for certain, specific issues.

Whether your PC can handle is not the issue. The issue is whether you have 8 year old Skyrim configured to handle them. You should try Bethini if only to reset your inis to default before trying again. Check out what the actual differences are between Ultra and the other settings then decide if there are any 'must haves'. You can also 'mix n match', it doesn't have to be one or the other.

You also have several old, abandoned or notoriously buggy mods in your load order.

ZaForswornStory.esp=1

zThingsInDark.esp=1

Captured Dreams.esp=1

SexLab Beastess.esp=1

ZaFromTheDeepsV2.esp=1

BesEss.esp=1

There are probably lots of other potential issues with all the DD related mods you have. I don't use them so I can't offer any advice on those.

my MNC is the latest one. i installed it with the nexus mod manager.Can i delete Sexlabnudecreatures? Are they implemented in MNC? i have ENB but i must admit that i just installed it in the past but i think i never configured anything in it. NonSexLabAnimationPack is no longer required? I don't know what Skyrim Performance Monitor is. This is the first time i ever heard from it. funny you mentioned the old mods. ZaForswornStory was the last mod i installed only a few days ago.

After reading your post i am very sure my Skyrim isn't good configured and thats causing the CTDs but i must admid i'm a total noob in configuring. the biggest problem i have that english is not my native language and many times i didn't understand everything in the tutorials and do things wrong without noticing.

You mentioned the Official Hi-Res Textures are not very good and there a several better alternatives. Could you tell me the name of the mods and where i could find them?

Skyrim is not an optimized game at all and having ultra shadows, with max shadow distance, let alone shadows on land, trees, and grass, is a game killer. Plus having all your Terrain settings in prefs.ini on max is overkill and will bog down your game. shadows should not be at 4096 as skyrim engine uses your cpu to render them for some stupid reason and not your gpu and can cause bottlenecks very easy resulting in your hardware throttling down and a sluggish game will ensue. The skyrim engine is shit, hence the multitude of third party tools to fix the damn thing. You can have a nasa super computer running skyrim and you will still have problems on ultra with a modded game. Just make a backup of your inis, use bethini to test different presets, and see what happens. When modding a game that was ported from consoles to PC very badly, sacrifices need to be made.

11 hours ago, Distortedrealms said:

Skyrim is not an optimized game at all and having ultra shadows, with max shadow distance, let alone shadows on land, trees, and grass, is a game killer. Plus having all your Terrain settings in prefs.ini on max is overkill and will bog down your game. shadows should not be at 4096 as skyrim engine uses your cpu to render them for some stupid reason and not your gpu and can cause bottlenecks very easy resulting in your hardware throttling down and a sluggish game will ensue. The skyrim engine is shit, hence the multitude of third party tools to fix the damn thing. You can have a nasa super computer running skyrim and you will still have problems on ultra with a modded game. Just make a backup of your inis, use bethini to test different presets, and see what happens. When modding a game that was ported from consoles to PC very badly, sacrifices need to be made.

could you perhaps sent me your ini files? that way i could see the differences between our files. or take a look on my own file. i have no clue whats written in there anyway.

Skyrim.ini SkyrimPrefs.ini

51 minutes ago, Schalli1980 said:

well i have changed it to false even if on the site you wrote the link from says set it 'true'

What people usually call an ENB is really an ENB preset (the pretty graphics part). The ENB will typically consist of the ENB binaries and the preset. ENBoost is essentially just the binaries and is the memory management tool. You can use ENBoost without the preset but you cannot use a preset without ENBoost.

So if you are just using ENBoost this line should be 'true' - you are not using the graphics (preset). If you are using an ENB (ENBoost + preset) then it should be set to 'false' - because you are using the graphics (preset).

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true 

The ini file which deals with all this enblocal.ini which should be in the Skyrim folder.

Did you follow the instructions on the S.T.E.P. page and configure you memory settings?

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

What people usually call an ENB is really an ENB preset (the pretty graphics part). The ENB will typically consist of the ENB binaries and the preset. ENBoost is essentially just the binaries and is the memory management tool. You can use ENBoost without the preset but you cannot use a preset without ENBoost.

So if you are just using ENBoost this line should be 'true' - you are not using the graphics (preset). If you are using an ENB (ENBoost + preset) then it should be set to 'false' - because you are using the graphics (preset).

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true 

The ini file which deals with all this enblocal.ini which should be in the Skyrim folder.

Did you follow the instructions on the S.T.E.P. page and configure you memory settings?

i start with it now. i wasn't home until now. by the way i use ENB Series v.0.262. i don't know if there is also a Boost version. i installed it a year ago. thanks for all the help.

i started the step page instructions and i realized that my enb version is a little bit very old!

Now i followed every step from that tutorial and updated enb to the latest version and configured the enblocal.ini.

ok now im flashed a bit. my game looks definetely different from before. stronger colors and i thinks it looks a bit better. but the shadows on the body looks pretty ugly now! can i change it somehow? now i start to understand why i should set the patchspeedhack to false because the graphic modifikation weren't available if set true. i only copyed the three mentioned files to my game folder and not the rest and configured the enblocal.ini as mentioned.

I'm now be able to modify the graphic but how did that preventing the CTDs?

edit: forget what i said about the shadows. i found a solution myself and changed some values in the skyrimprefs.ini.

25 minutes ago, Schalli1980 said:

I'm now be able to modify the graphic but how did that preventing the CTDs?

If you have installed the stability tools mentioned a the start of this and you have now got your enblocal.ini configured correctly then, with any luck, you have your memory optimised for a stable game.

If your ENB is installed correctly then you should see a message similar to this

1349318812_ENBscreen.thumb.jpg.79834481147a8f5ea46c7593c7c1bbef.jpg

If you have only ENBoost configured then the text will be in red.

33 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

If you have installed the stability tools mentioned a the start of this and you have now got your enblocal.ini configured correctly then, with any luck, you have your memory optimised for a stable game.

If your ENB is installed correctly then you should see a message similar to this

Hide contents

1349318812_ENBscreen.thumb.jpg.79834481147a8f5ea46c7593c7c1bbef.jpg

If you have only ENBoost configured then the text will be in red.

no it looks just like your screenshot. but i didn't see anything about the stability tools or did you mean the directx 9 runtimes? i use direct x 11

34 minutes ago, Schalli1980 said:

but i didn't see anything about the stability tools

My mistake, different thread. The tools are

Crash fixes
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/

SKSE Plugin Preloader
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75795/?

ENBoost (not needed if already using an ENB)
https://wiki.step-project.com/ENBoost

Bethini
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69787

Load Game CTD Fix
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85443/

Skyrim uses DirectX 9. DX9 and DX11 can live on the same computer - applications just use the one they need.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

My mistake, different thread. The tools are

Crash fixes
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/

SKSE Plugin Preloader
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75795/?

ENBoost (not needed if already using an ENB)
https://wiki.step-project.com/ENBoost

Bethini
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69787

Load Game CTD Fix
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85443/

Skyrim uses DirectX 9. DX9 and DX11 can live on the same computer - applications just use the one they need.

except bethini i had all of the others allready installed. i played a while now and everything was running good but in the end i run into an CTD just now by only sitting down in game. so i will make use of bethini too. i'm curious if that will do the trick in the end. thanks for your help the whole time.

50 minutes ago, Schalli1980 said:

i'm curious if that will do the trick in the end. thanks for your help the whole time.

You're welcome.

Start with low settings in Bethini and work your way up to what your game can handle. And don't forget to look at those old, buggy and abandoned mods.

For texture replacers have look at Noble Skyrim, Pfuscher Skyrim, aMidianBorn.

Have a look at this for some ideas:

https://skyrimscandal.blogspot.com/p/retexture.html?zx=9ae8f57c0e6241ca

29 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

You're welcome.

Start with low settings in Bethini and work your way up to what your game can handle. And don't forget to look at those old, buggy and abandoned mods.

For texture replacers have look at Noble Skyrim, Pfuscher Skyrim, aMidianBorn.

Have a look at this for some ideas:

https://skyrimscandal.blogspot.com/p/retexture.html?zx=9ae8f57c0e6241ca

thanks for the link but i don't want to push up my skyrim anymore. i was only looking for a solution to get rid of the CTDs. in fact i use HDT on all armor and Body but all armor ingame looks still like the vanilla armor. i tryed to keep as much from the vanilla skyrim look as possible. but maybe i try the retexture in the future.

My SSE install is a couple years old now, just keep stacking mods on top because I'm too afraid to start from scratch. Only weird quirks that seem to persist is a crash in Markarth right when the "shopkeeper attack" event starts and every vendor opens their menu twice when I ask what's for sale. Honestly I think im lucky that's all that's wrong considering I'm at 1018 mods active.