Share the weird quirks of your modded Skyrim.

Anyone who has heavily modded their copy of Skyrim knows combining so many mods can produce some clunky, annoying, or just plain bizarre side effects. What kind of strange stuff do you have to put up with in your version?

In my case my Skyrim just HATES Dawnstar for no apparent reason. I can walk into Whiterun during its busiest hours while all those crazy Slaverun script checks are running in the background and usually do just fine. But if I spend more then two minutes in Dawnstar I'm guaranteed to get an out of memory crash. EVERY. TIME. I've come to nickname the place Crashstar and have come to dread visiting the little shithole town...

Dawnstar used to murder me every single time too. Not sure what stopped it or why, possibly the multitude of memory patchs and bug fixes available these days, mebbe ENB upgrades since they were somewhat primitive back then(Not sure enb boost was included in 'em back when I had the inevitable dawnstar crashes), possibly switching from Etac to JK's. Mebbe even a combination of all the above, but I can actually go there and wander about now.

I've had a disturbingly bug free run on this playthrough so far, haven't even seen goats rain from the heavens. 'S kinda worrying to be honest, makes me think the game is up to something. I did just have Skjor tell me that some wench escaped the prison I should go track down and murderise her, went for a jaunt down by Honningbrew to find her and it turned out the bugger was a frostbite spider. I imagine it's Obis's fault since it adds various bandit trained wolves/spidders/skeevers to the bandit faction, but it did amuse me. Makes me wonder what the fuck a spider did to get put behind bars, being drunk and disorderly?

I seem to have several, none game breaking so no CTDs just major annoyances. All three are seemingly random with no rhyme or reason, first would be dropped textures. I will enter a load door or redress after a sex scene and textures will be missing just have the purpley blue mesh. Next would be the occasional invisible giant again nothing major but annoying as hell when one is chasing you down. Last but by no means least is the game will sometimes minimize itself and I am left staring at the desktop, no the game did not crash persay as I can alt-tab right back in.

Sure I have a boatload of scripts running and quite a few extra NPCs to fill out the cities, but I can't find any reason for these crazy glitches.

20 minutes ago, wokking56 said:

textures will be missing just have the purpley blue mesh.

That one, that is the one bug I havenae nailed down yet. And it only happens in one place, the Solitude lumber mill, buggered if I know why but it's wheel (and only it's wheel) is a purple mess. I've visited every other lumbermill in game (Even a bunch of modded ones in new lands) and they're all fine, it's literally just that one wheel. I get the feeling it might be something with SMIM and whatever texture mod is handling it, I'm just boggled why the rest of them are fine.

Naked people. No idea why and it's an old problem. Other than that, my game is super stable. I might see some weirdness in a crowded fight or something- usually physics where the dead bodies are stuck halfway in a wall or bouncing around.;)

BTW- I got permissions from several authors to use their weapons in a complete vanilla weapon overhaul I am doing.:cool:

Only three posters and already I'm sat here nodding my head. :grin:

You know the old joke 'luckily the ground was there to break his fall'? Well not in Skyrim. I sometimes get a mammoth which plunges from the sky and lands upright on another mammoth. It stands there for a couple of seconds then falls off sideways and dies when it hits the ground.

I get the missing textures thing too. Never the same textures, everyone gets a go.

I've just installed a mod which dickies up the inns. In the Bannered Mare if you walk toward the back of the room you can pass between a bench and a large plant pot thing. If you try to come back that way you can't get through the gap. :confounded:

17 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Naked people. No idea why and it's an old problem

I get that but I generally know the cause. I use 'Undress for bed' and sometimes people forget to and then get undressed when they get up - Kleppr is one for doing that. I was using a mod for changing NPC clothes and also one which changed the body of Elder Race NPCs and every now and again one of the grannies would go au naturale.

18 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

:banana: ?

I mean I am going to use their much better meshes and textures for all of the vanilla weapon sets in the game. Going to also replace all the "unique" weapons like the lucky dagger, blade of woe, BlaBla's sword or mace.....you get the idea.:P

Oh, boy....where do I start?

First weird bug I ever had, ,which was with a relatively mildly model Skyrim, was an invisible house behind Breezehome in Whiterun. ......only the door is visible lol.

Second bug I remember ever encountering is sometimes getting stuck between rocks, usually climbing or descending mountainous areas.....fortunately,,the Blink spell now gets me out of this predicament 9 times out of 10.

Most common memory bug I get is ILS, or dreaded Infinite Load Screen, often when entering mod homes or dungeons.   ENBpost has helped reduce these, though.

Some of the animation mods often don't show a table, despite having the Zas resources, although chairs and stocks appear no problem.

Some mod armours will have a purple blue item, probably more to do with a bad path then memory, methinks.

I, too, sometimes get 'raining animals' when fast travelling to certain areas, and if in an area with  more than 6 visible wildlife in the distance, usually trolls,  deer or sabrecats, they move along stiff as a board, with no body animations.

Lately, possibly due to a combination of creature sex mods and quests, draugr, skeletons and trolls will not attack me in dungeons.

Raining animals is the only one I get quite regularly. Mammoths most often, but sometimes wolves and deer. It occasionally happens with people as well. I walked out of Breezehome on a game a few weeks ago and Brenuin went splat on the pavement a few seconds later, almost hit me. It also happened just yesterday with some guy near Markarth. I got an inheritance from both of them.

The worst was in the swamp near Ustengrav. For a few minutes I had a dead frostbite spider falling on my head every time I crossed a boundary between cells...

the best for me is skeleton of dead dragons shows rarely in some places, for example outskirts of whiterun, dawnstar, on exterior of dwemer dungeon

they show for no reason xD for example the first dragon can't remember his name... next to whiterun [no alduin xD]

after 100 skyrim days he shows on solitude...in the city, just fall from sky :) 2 days later shows next to markarth... WTF ?

I get the falling mammoths too.  For me the main missing texture is on a particular type of spider, its legs have purple triangles on them.

I don't have any trouble once I get into Dawnstar, but approaching it by road from the south for me is a pretty consistent CTD.  So when I have to go there I either fast travel or use a carriage.

In Oldrim, I always get a CTD along the river road walking on foot from the starter dungeon to Riverwood...always at the same place, roughly about 1/2 way to Riverwood by a pile of rocks in the river with animated water rushing over it. Reload the the game & it's fine for a while, but I can expect at least 1 CTD per game session while traveling through the area. I just got into the habit of saving before I take that stretch of road anywhere, and save after I get to where I'm going. It also happens when exiting Bleak Falls Barrow through the cave...something in that area absolutely hates my game!

The bane of my existence...pics are from Newrim. When I loaded up Oldrim to take the shots, I got a CTD :)

ScreenShot65.png

ScreenShot61.png

3 hours ago, skyrimowy said:

the best for me is skeleton of dead dragons shows rarely in some places, for example outskirts of whiterun, dawnstar, on exterior of dwemer dungeon

they show for no reason xD for example the first dragon can't remember his name... next to whiterun [no alduin xD]

after 100 skyrim days he shows on solitude...in the city, just fall from sky :) 2 days later shows next to markarth... WTF ?

The spontaneous dragon skeletons used to be a common thing in my early days of Skyrim. Usually I'd just strolling down the courtyard of the College of Winterhold when: BOOM! A dragon skeleton just drops out of the sky. Given the college was one of the most common places for CTDs for me having one of the higher polycount enemy models just spawn out of nowhere didn't help much.

3 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Oh, and some times my character gets stuck in a falling animation while jumping and she just kind of flaps her arms while moving around.?

I get this one a lot. Usually jumping again fixes it so it don't bother me much.

For a while I was using Hidielle as my follower but she kept having this texture bug that caused her to break out into blackface so I had to fire her. Got tired of explaining to angry Reguards that she has a skin condition and is not putting on a minstrel show?

In my Slaverun playthrough it seems like the NPCs rarely position themselves right for most of the cutscenes. Especially when it comes to the whipping. Usually they just end up walking in place in front of their intended victim. In some cases they'll just attack nothing or even the wrong target. Has made me second guess ever adding whipping as a punishment to S.L.U.T.S.

The funniest one was when my character decided to initially rebel against the slavers and started lashing Bellamy. After hitting Bellamy a few times she got confused and starting targeting Diamond (that poor woman just can't catch a break, lol). After hitting Diamond a few times my character spent the rest of the time giving the local campfire the thrashing of its life ?

And then there was the scene where the other slavers betrayed my character, turning her from slaver to slave. There's a part where I assume they are all supposed to piss on you as a final sign of disrespect. But due to their positioning they ended up pissing all over the floor and each other instead while they laughed hysterically. Then again these are the same people that see nothing risky about continuing to rape my character even knowing she was turned into a soul stealing succubus, so not the brightest boys in the world...

Professor Madras

310?cb=20160411160927

He's from Lagacy of the Dragonborn, Our dwemer expert in the guild of archaeologist's guild you end up founding. For some reason, he really really REALLY doesn't like clothes. He tends to wander around the museum, stark bollock naked. Well, I say "Stark bollock naked" but that's not nessesarily true because he doesn't have bollocks, or wedding tackle at all, just a hole in his crotch where they should be. Pretty sure SoS is the cause of it, but I've never bothered trying to fix it because it amuses the hell out of me to watch this bugger wander around the other patrons wearing nothing but his nerd-goggles.

I use Sexlab Approach ( npc with npc set higher than default ) and went to Broken Helm Hollow. Dead Leifnarr got up and had sex with one of the bandits. When they finished Leifnarr started mining the ore. After killing the bandits I asked Leifnarr to follow me. Went to Grosta got reward for finding dead husband. Told Leifnarr this is your new home and then dismissed him. Only happened once and not since.

Wish I'd taken screenshot, because it didn't happen without pics. :)

2 hours ago, aRuthSA said:

enb2018_5_17_20_50_04.png

OMG, I tripped out the first time I saw this! I walked by a mannequin and noticed it following my movement and I'm sure my char went "Eeekkk!". Man, I'm going to try and make it so they follow you and stand over your bed while you sleep too. Stupid, creepy mannequins!:P

Picking up a bounty for trespassing....in the middle of nowhere... is always fun.

4 hours ago, aRuthSA said:

The old walkin' mannequin bug, a texture/render glitch in AHO, and a hopeful recruit for the Explorers Society. So....for Skyrim, pretty bug free!

enb2018_5_17_20_50_04.png

They actually a bug? I remember at some point the museum becomes haunted and they start wanderin' around, though, if'n I remember properly they're all armored by then too.

Building up for a new playthrough now, but last game one of the biggest reasons I had to quit is that something kept progressively breaking the navmeshes outside Whiterun more and more. So everytime I rolled up with followers they'd get stuck at random spots in the road by the outskirts market (added by ETaC, but I know ETaC didn't cause the bug).

Also, this was really really infuriating and I never solved it so I don't know what I'm going to do for the next playthrough: I used ATF and Immersive Horses. When I had followers on Horseback they would rubber-band horrifically, or even just stop for no reason. It seemed that follower horse-riding scripts were somehow very, VERY laggy.  Yet my horse and the horse I gave Inigo (who has his own personal horse management system), were usually fine. I never had more than 3 followers besides Inigo, and usually it was only 1 or 2 so it's not like I was overwhelming the system with numbers. I was also running a realistic movement speed mod, so I don't know if that was causing the problem.