Share the weird quirks of your modded Skyrim.

Not a quirk, more like a one-time occurrence, but I had a good laugh.

I am using RND which has drunkness mechanic with a feature that your character will ragdoll from time to time if they're drunk. I had a bit of Argonian Bloodwine to stave off thirst and approached Riverwood from the other side of the river. Since I didn't want to get wet (Frostfall and all that jazz) and was too lazy to go all the way to the bridge, I Whirlwind Sprinted across. Halfway through the sprit, mid-air over the river, the ragdoll effect kicked in and my character tumbled through, full speed, through the entire Riverwood, hit the cart with cabbages (you know which one), sent it flying sky-high and only stopped when she hit the gate wall at the other end of the village. And then that cart fell down next to her while raining cabbage all over.

11 years of playing and I have never seen anything like that before. I wish I had recorded it on video.

Edited by belegost
On 1/16/2023 at 12:10 AM, caveman74 said:

I installed a few of those custom NPCs. Good lord the author made it a pain in the ass to manually install his mods. Everything is in the wrong folder in the 7z file meaning have to painstakenly place them all into their correct folder.

I never could get any of the mod organizers to work correctly and I just don't care about having an organizer enough to go through the headache of trouble shooting one of them until it does work. I grew up with installing mods for DOS era games so I never minded having to do the process manually. Except rare causes like this were the modder organized their ZIP into an obtuse FMOD hell.

On the topic of Skyrim being weird this merry trio of 'adventurers' have been just hanging around a bridge on the outskirts of Windhelm since I first started my playthrough. You've hesitated long enough folks, time to give up your ambitions and go home already:

1832986727_bandicam2023-01-1604-55-34-057.png.98be4009494232a5cbc880c682d956cc.png

UPDATE: Whelp, after about a month of just standing around a bridge a dragon swooped down and put an end to their little 'adventure':

JPEG1.jpg.eff296189a3adadcabb25ae9cfa205af.jpg

Edited by MrEsturk
7 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

just hanging around a bridge on the outskirts of Windhelm

Yeah, Since I updated to AE, & installed Dragonstone, so I could have a more populated Skyrim, These Witch Hunters have been following Drago the Dragonbourne around.

First Whiterun Stables, then Skyfall Estate, on to Kynesgrove where they just stood and watched while D-bone killed the Dragon.

Skyrim Special Edition 1_18_2023 1_30_34 AM.png

Skyrim Special Edition 1_18_2023 1_38_32 AM.png

Skyrim Special Edition 1_18_2023 2_08_51 AM.png

Skyrim Special Edition 1_18_2023 2_10_03 AM.png

Edited by caveman74
9 minutes ago, Arizona_Steve said:

There is something disturbing about the rotating potato and the muffled chanting going on in the background of the first video. Molag Bal in the house perhaps?

Possessed Potato! I like it! This was in the Orc fort, where you get the Mehrunes Dagon shards, down west of Falkreath. The name eludes me at the moment.

I just finished the Civil war questline by taking Solitude for the Stormcloaks. No sooner than Ulfric finished his victory speech Muiri decided it was a good idea to prostitute herself to him. Then proceeded to give Ulfric a rimjob in front of everyone:

684571933_bandicam2023-01-2103-50-01-648.png.15f8ff973dbbc82b3b2dacaf8ce6be50.png

There are no words. Doesn't help that Schlongs of Skyrim was not being generous to Ulfric....

2 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

Doesn't help that Schlongs of Skyrim was not being generous to Ulfric....

I knew Ulfric was boasting and beating his chest over some form of inferiority!

2 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

I find the Imperials a rather bland choice so usually go with the Stormcloaks.

I want a third choice, don't like Ulfric, hate the Imperials.

35 minutes ago, caveman74 said:

I want a third choice, don't like Ulfric, hate the Imperials.

Everyone and their mother keeps taking how Ulfric is supposedly racist,  forgetting that Tulius openly derides Nords, their culture and their traditions in front of his own Nord subordinates. At the save time Ulfric says nothing about other races at all. What is more, Windhelm is the only place where there is an actual Dunmer community with their own businesses and traditions operating freely. And that despite Eastmarch being one of the poorest and harshest holds, just before Winterhold.

Solitude is so rich and glamorous, but has anyone seen a single Dunmer living there? In fact, has anyone seen any Dunmers or Dunmer communities in any of the other big cities? Windhelm remains the only place that is open to refugees despite having little industry, shitty farmland and not a lot of income. Yes, there are racial tensions, but that's unfortunate reality of two cultures clashing together. What is more, those are limited to two individuals, one of which is an unemployed drunk with nothing better to do in life. Most of the other citizens go about their own business and say nothing about Dunmer who live among them.

I wonder how would the stuff-up Solitudians react if they suddenly had an influx of Dunmers fleeing disaster.

Yet it's Ulfric and Stormcloaks that are supposedly racist. Ugh...

Edited by belegost
4 hours ago, belegost said:

Yet it's Ulfric and Stormcloaks that are supposedly racist. Ugh...

I guess I could have said, the reason I hate Ulfric so much is all the constant bitching he does, the way he presents himself, Self important prick!! 

Hi I'm Ulfric, bow down and worship me.

So I'm doing the quest "Rise in the East". Towards the end you are required to take a ship ride to infiltrate a hidden pirate fortress far up in the north. You do not get to take your companions with you.

As I was running through the fortress I got a message saying I did not provide adequate service to my Lola master for the day. Guess I'm being punished when I return to my companions, right?

WRONG. My master made it a point to run half way across the entire height of Skyrim, swim out to a hidden fortress he would have no way of knowing the location of, and break into the fortress despite it being locked from the outside. All to make sure he could hand out my punishment as quickly as possible:

645315545_bandicam2023-01-2302-04-35-071.png.011c7145fab950c52516981b715287e2.png

Edited by MrEsturk

I can't figure out where this house came from, directly under is the Bleakwind Basin Giants camp. I tcl'd and flew up for a closer look, no name when approaching the door.........

Skyrim Special Edition 2_3_2023 7_00_45 AM.png

Skyrim Special Edition 2_3_2023 7_01_26 AM.png

Skyrim Special Edition 2_1_2023 7_18_01 AM.png

Edited by caveman74
32 minutes ago, caveman74 said:

Bleakwind Basin

Bleakwind Basin is a dead centre of the map. Lots of bugs make it so things spawn high above this location, since coords are 0,0,0. If those are NPCs (or you, because you can be teleported there as well), they usually don't survive the fall. This is first time I've seen a house spawn there though.

Edited by belegost

Don't know which mod SL added Red Bunny Guards but check her out 10% Orc?............and when Mistress Uthgerd and Teryn went to sleep.......

Skyrim Special Edition 2_4_2023 5_07_16 AM.png

Skyrim Special Edition 2_4_2023 3_24_54 AM.png

Edited by caveman74