Share the weird quirks of your modded Skyrim.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I finished converting nearly 700 follower mods to ESL/BSA (automated via Java code, no way I was doing this manually) and ran a few tests. The Sleeping Giant Inn reminded me why I have another bunch of Java code that moves all the followers to random places around the map. There's around 45 followers there.

SleepingGiantInn.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 5:17 AM, Speed Metal said:

Levitation is prohibited in Skyrim

(I forgot about this one) Depends on who you are.

518865818_enb2018_05_0210_57_40_21.jpg.1e25df4ca5156630a878b7bd50e4d3d0.jpg

1029025782_enb2018_04_1614_24_07_38.jpg.756a556e2795da8a702a887052e907ae.jpg

Move on a year or two, change the NPC overhaul and the town's textures.

112304913_Evette1.thumb.jpg.8e7ad89bc9c05f574c98f77996697136.jpg

Evette.thumb.jpg.29706675acd8bfd54cfbd6bf3aee65aa.jpg

Move on a year or two, change the NPC overhaul and the town's textures.

Evette.thumb.jpg.b7490112e06f87f0e4937347c6fbea05.jpg

1225795912_Evette1.thumb.jpg.208ea5e1a8411085bf29db2635d95f8c.jpg

13 minutes ago, Speed Metal said:

Interesting. The back ported ones look better than the original SE textures.

Some of them are better than others at least to my tastes. Whiterun I kept but I got rid of Markarth and maybe another one or two. I've not played Skyrim for a few weeks so I can't remember of the top of my head. I can maybe post a couple of screenshots tomorrow if you are interested.

9 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

I can maybe post a couple of screenshots tomorrow if you are interested.

Nah, it's okay. I've already checked out CleverCharff's stuff when he released it for SE. I don't like any of those as they're way too bright for my taste. I was just surprised that the back ported Solitude textures look better than his original SE textures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just earned 150gold and I have no idea why. I had no bounties and was on no quests that would be related

I've got no mods that would do such a thing and I've not installed anything recently other than armour/weapon mods.

I'm heading back to Whiterun, most of my armour is damaged so I need a smith and I see a Mammoth fall from the sky and die because it's Skyrim and that stuff happens.

I feel that is unfair and target the distant corpse in console then resurrect the furry elephant. When I come out of console I see there is a Sabrecat, mid pounce, in front of me.
That will be me dead so I cheat and hit console again. Choices, kill, disable or.. pushactoraway <id> 10000

I choose the latter because if I am going to cheat it might as well be midly amusing.

Off flies the Sabrecat into the distance and I continue on my way to Whiterun, suddenly 150gold, for no reason.

Did a giant just do a bank transfer for res'ing his Mammoth or is there a hidden prize for launching wildlife?

I thinik my latest whackewd out silly quirk was when in the vanilla opening scene {I actually do not use live another life} is when you're in the cart, and Ralof says to the horse theif to be careful of his words, he's talking to the truth high king and I look over to Ulfric and the guy is NOT ON THE CART!! but in a seated pose, 20 feet above us.

High King indeed

• 3 weeks later...

So I have a mod or two that I use to test new followers. One of these mods has a spell that I use to test combat (the armor outfits in random colors are something that I included in the spell to make things more... visually appealing).

The weird thing about this is that if there is a carriage horse in the area, all of the followers will start wailing on it to the complete exclusion of everything else. The few dead bodies in the area were caught in crossfire. I have a second spell to remove essential and invulnerability flags from a target, but it seems the carriage horses have so much health that it can take some time for my followers to finally kill them. It's all very strange.

ScreenShot67.jpg.bf8fbe77d210131edf2c112d51b52545.jpg

16 hours ago, Arizona_Steve said:

So I have a mod

Which mod(s) are the mini skirt and boots from? I'm trying out some shorts at the mo but they aren't doing it. That skirt looks more like what I was looking for. And boots without heels - you can never have enough boots without heels.

There is something about the carriage horses. In my game the stretch of road from before Ft Kastav to down near Stillborn is always quite lively. Several mods all send a team into the fray. The carriage horse there will take on all comers.

This picture doesn't tell the half of it but it's the best I've got. Looks like the horse has finished off the fighting down around the fort and is now keen to get involved here.

551331632_FtKastav1.thumb.jpg.1e2b75bec29983d321a1dba11117db98.jpg