#2 sounds way more fun

if you are still looking for suggestions for drop points, a couple of possibilities are

1 - Deep Folk Crossing = closest "civilization" is Mor Khazgur (Orc Stronghold) or Dragonbridge if not bloodkin.

2 - Northwind Mine = east of Darkwater Crossing and nw of Shor's Stone (but that way is over mountains), would say at the Northwind Summit itself 

so you would have to traverse the mine to get out, but if Dragons are lose that could be a bit much.

3 - nw of Bilegulch Mine, if you are looking at the entrance to the mine itself go nw over the rocks right there, there is a small (ish) clear area,

where the way out would be down mountain to the n, w to sw to to Lost Valley Redoubt, or over the rocks to the mine.  probably have to add a

marker so it would know where to drop if using this one.

13 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I was able to pull the base item from the story manager so a scale with value is a possibility it looks like. 

So here's something interesting. It's funny sometimes when you start looking into how things work you find out just how... inadequate they are: Because of how the story event is fired, hired thugs are never sent when stealing items from a container. Only objects taken from the world count or pickpocketing. I'd like to see if I could change that but it's getting into complicated territory where I need to determine if the item was actually stolen -> who you took the item from, what your relationship rank is with them and what value threshold you can take without stealing at that rank.... :S

Here's a question: Should friends, confidants, allies or lovers send thugs....?

I'm thinking no...? But I'm not exactly intimately familiar with relationship ranks. It seems many in skyrim can become your friend. 

7 hours ago, valcon767 said:

if you are still looking for suggestions for drop points, a couple of possibilities are

Thanks. Unfortunately (for me) it seems I've gone a bit overboard on it. It's now shaping up to be a json system where each json in a folder is a dumping scenario that can configure:

Where you're sent

What items to place around you. The chance of placing them. The distance they can be placed at.

Devices to be removed

Devices to be added

Statics to be enabled (tents/campfires etc)

Honestly I don't know how useful it'll be to users as it requires an object to be moved to. Ideally a marker (which would require an esp) but I suppose it could also be an existing object like a bush or something. 

Enabling statics would also require an esp. 

Edited by Monoman1
7 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Because of how the story event is fired, hired thugs are never sent when stealing items from a container.

Probably the devs couldn't figure out if an item from a container is stolen, and maybe not worth the trouble of going down that windy road yourself.  But if you do base it on relationship, then as you noted, "friend" status has little meaning if you can do a fetch quest and get paid for it, and now you're friends.  Higher ranks are harder to achieve (outside of followers, but then they're probably scheming to do much worse things to you).

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

Probably the devs couldn't figure out if an item from a container is stolen, and maybe not worth the trouble of going down that windy road yourself.  But if you do base it on relationship, then as you noted, "friend" status has little meaning if you can do a fetch quest and get paid for it, and now you're friends.  Higher ranks are harder to achieve (outside of followers, but then they're probably scheming to do much worse things to you).

It's actually looking kind of promising (I'm surprised)...

image.jpeg

We have an owner of the container. I've even begun counting up the number of items stolen from the owner and the total value. Might be a useful metric to send thugs...

It won't catch absolutely everything you steal because there's a brief moment while the quest starts up, processes the event and shuts down again where you can steal something without it being caught. But it certainly seems better than before...

Only thing I'm worried about now is other mods. 

I've noticed sanguines debauchery makes some edits to the vanilla quest. And deviously vanilla (though I think that mod is gone?). There are probably others...

Edit:

Have noticed another massive hole: faction owners aren't covered. So like anything in warmaidens, anything in the main dragonsreach cell. 

Works in jarls quarters in whiterun alright. Though, hilariously, everything there is owned by Gerda LOL. 

Think I'll just have to forget about perfection and roll with it.

Edited by Monoman1
1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

faction owners aren't covered.

If it helps, here's my container ownership function from Lola. 

Spoiler

; Check player ownership of a container
Bool Function PlayerOwnsContainer(ObjectReference srcContainer)
    ActorBase actorOwner = srcContainer.GetActorOwner()
    if actorOwner && (actorOwner == PlayerRef.GetActorBase())
        return true
    endif
    Faction factionOwner = srcContainer.GetFactionOwner()
    if factionOwner
        if factionOwner == PlayerFaction
            return true
        elseif PlayerRef.IsInFaction(factionOwner)
            return true
        endif
        return false
    endif

; If the srcContainer doesn't have an explicit owner, check the parent cell's owner
    actorOwner = srcContainer.GetParentCell().GetActorOwner()
    if actorOwner && (actorOwner == PlayerRef.GetActorBase())
        return true
    endif
    factionOwner = srcContainer.GetParentCell().GetFactionOwner()
    if factionOwner && (factionOwner == PlayerFaction)
        return true
    endif

; Hunterborn caches and SLUTS Escrow chests belong to the player
    string containerName = srcContainer.GetBaseObject().GetName()
    if (containerName == "Hunter's Cache") || (containerName == "Escrow Chest") || (containerName == "S.L.U.T.S. Escrow")
        return true
    endif

return false
EndFunction

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

I've noticed sanguines debauchery makes some edits to the vanilla quest. And deviously vanilla (though I think that mod is gone?).

Sadly, Deviously Vanilla is gone.  However, its changes to make the quest repeatable shouldn't conflict with yours, I'd guess, though changes to what the thugs do would be different (maybe a toggle, so that stealing detected here could trigger Thugs and let other mods handle the outcome?).

Possibly dumb question but I bought a whore license in Windhelm. The guy was very specific saying to show it to the gate guard. No one near the gate seems intent on reading it, though - there are no dialogue choices for it.  What am I missing?

13 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

helps, here's my container ownership function from

Unfortunately the event doesn't fire at all under these circumstances

I'd have to go down the 'always on' OnItemAdded path to cover it. Not sure i want to do that. 

Its probably fine. You're not really going to be aware if an object has a direct owner or only a faction owner so you'll still clench your butt stealing stuff

1 hour ago, jfraser said:

Possibly dumb question but I bought a whore license in Windhelm. The guy was very specific saying to show it to the gate guard. No one near the gate seems intent on reading it, though - there are no dialogue choices for it.  What am I missing?

They always say that ?

nothing to see here. 

Edited by Monoman1
11 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

They always say that ?

nothing to see here. 

Haha! Well, then perhaps the “I don’t have the proper paperwork but perhaps we can make a deal” dialogue should go away when we have the proper paperwork? ;)

Your mod is always good for a new bug.

This time Lydia became that cum over breasts and face while pc looking at her during daydreaming. Thats normal., But it is not normal that the cum is not going away.  if deleting the survival. esp, if deleting the texture survival oral.dds or deinstalling the complete survival mod, Lydias skin turns blue.

Before reinstalling the complete game (without survival for sure) i ask you for turning Lydias skin normal.

15 hours ago, jfraser said:

I don’t have the proper paperwork but perhaps we can make a deal” dialogue should go away when we have the proper paperwork?

General merchants sell weapons/armors/bikinis/magic stuff/other stuff. 

What conditions should be set on the dialogue? Because I haven't got a clue...

On 6/4/2022 at 8:50 AM, Monoman1 said:

I'd have to go down the 'always on' OnItemAdded path to cover it. Not sure i want to do that. 

Could you use the Story Manager Crime Gold event?

Spoiler

Crime Gold Event

Event triggered whenever the player acquires Crime Gold (by committing a violent or non-violent crime).

Event Data

Criminal:          Actor that is committing the crime (usually the player)
Victim:             Actor that the crime is committed against.
CrimeFaction:  The crime faction that is reporting the crime.
GoldValue:       The amount of crime gold generated.

iCrimeType:      The type of Crime committed:

0 - Steal
1 - Pickpocket
2 - Trespass
3 - Assault
4 - Murder
5 - Escape from Jail
6 - Werewolf

Edited by Bane Master
5 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

Could you use the Story Manager Crime Gold event?

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think so because with thugs it doesn't matter if you actually get caught or not. 

I guess its the npc noticing that all their stuff is gone after you paid them a visit. Which I think is fine. Getting caught probably means prison anyway. 

I think I'll just leave it. You're not going to know in game whether something belongs to a faction or not. But I'll bet people will come in and say: I stole everything in X and nothing happened blah blah...

On 5/31/2022 at 12:55 PM, Monoman1 said:

No idea. Only thing I can think of is that certain devious devices are added and removed in the kennel so you might have some animation problem with DD. 

Try equipping the main device (probably a hobble skirt type thing) you got into and unequip it manually and see what happens. 

Confirmed. Have fixed. 

For now just drop any items of count > 1 before break down.

I'll have to check them but it sounds like some of these would be hard to explain how the thugs got you there :D

You know me and my OCD...

It seems that if you have removed the bondage paw mittens before the kennel keeper tries to remove them, this breaks DAR animations involving hands. Does not fix itself if you manually re-equip that DD item and remove normally, or if you revisit the kennel and have the new DD items removed normally. 

5 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

General merchants sell weapons/armors/bikinis/magic stuff/other stuff. 

What conditions should be set on the dialogue? Because I haven't got a clue...

Ah. I see what you mean. I was thinking contextually, that that line of dialogue was only for whoring, but now I understand it's there for purchasing unlicensed stuff.  You're right, without adding a separate line for each illicit thing you might want to do (which would be cumbersome), there isn't a good way to do that. 

Game is currently crashing whenever I leave the riverwood inn. NetScriptFramework is pointing the finger at SS:

Possible relevant objects (2)
{
  [   1]    TESNPC(Name: `Enforcer`, FormId: 2E058C79, File: `SL Survival.esp`)
  [   1]    Character(FormId: 2E058C7E, File: `SL Survival.esp`, BaseForm: TESNPC(Name: `Enforcer`, FormId: 2E058C79, File: `SL Survival.esp`))
}

Probable callstack
{
  [0]   0x7FF66A92FFE3     (SkyrimSE.exe+21FFE3)          TESObjectREFR::unk_21FFB0+33
  [1]   0x7FF66B0A0F9F     (SkyrimSE.exe+990F9F)          SkyrimScript::anonymous_namespace::EnableFunctor::Func1_990E50+14F
  [2]   0x7FF66B041567     (SkyrimSE.exe+931567)          SkyrimVM::unk_931470+F7
  [3]   0x7FF66B032C5F     (SkyrimSE.exe+922C5F)          SkyrimVM::unk_922BA0+BF
  [4]   0x7FF66AD506F8     (SkyrimSE.exe+6406F8)          unk_6406D0+28
  [5]   0x7FF66AD50E79     (SkyrimSE.exe+640E79)          Job_Post_process_640DB0+C9
  [6]   0x7FF66B342A81     (SkyrimSE.exe+C32A81)          JobList::Process_C329B0+D1
  [7]   0x7FF66B344C48     (SkyrimSE.exe+C34C48)          BSJobs::JobThread::Func1_C34930+318
  [8]   0x7FF66B31D6BD     (SkyrimSE.exe+C0D6BD)          StartAddress_0_C0D680+3D
  [9]   0x7FFB216C54E0     (KERNEL32.DLL+154E0)           
  [10]  0x7FFB22B0485B     (ntdll.dll+485B)               
}

I have Settlements Exapnded mod - can't remember if that makes any changes to Riverwood. And I have Notice Boards SE, which add a couple notice boards outside the riverwood inn. Could have something to do with it.

Edited by 2generic
1 hour ago, 2generic said:

Game is currently crashing whenever I leave the riverwood inn. NetScriptFramework is pointing the finger at SS:

What version of SLS are you using? There was (is?) a known bug with enforcers causing CTDs on SE, but Monoman put in a potential fix for it in 0.671.

2 hours ago, 2generic said:

Possible relevant objects (2)
{
  [   1]    TESNPC(Name: `Enforcer`, FormId: 2E058C79, File: `SL Survival.esp`)
  [   1]    Character(FormId: 2E058C7E, File: `SL Survival.esp`, BaseForm: TESNPC(Name: `Enforcer`, FormId: 2E058C79, File: `SL Survival.esp`))
}

Probable callstack
{
  [0]   0x7FF66A92FFE3     (SkyrimSE.exe+21FFE3)          TESObjectREFR::unk_21FFB0+33
  [1]   0x7FF66B0A0F9F     (SkyrimSE.exe+990F9F)          SkyrimScript::anonymous_namespace::EnableFunctor::Func1_990E50+14F
  [2]   0x7FF66B041567     (SkyrimSE.exe+931567)          SkyrimVM::unk_931470+F7
  [3]   0x7FF66B032C5F     (SkyrimSE.exe+922C5F)          SkyrimVM::unk_922BA0+BF
  [4]   0x7FF66AD506F8     (SkyrimSE.exe+6406F8)          unk_6406D0+28
  [5]   0x7FF66AD50E79     (SkyrimSE.exe+640E79)          Job_Post_process_640DB0+C9
  [6]   0x7FF66B342A81     (SkyrimSE.exe+C32A81)          JobList::Process_C329B0+D1
  [7]   0x7FF66B344C48     (SkyrimSE.exe+C34C48)          BSJobs::JobThread::Func1_C34930+318
  [8]   0x7FF66B31D6BD     (SkyrimSE.exe+C0D6BD)          StartAddress_0_C0D680+3D
  [9]   0x7FFB216C54E0     (KERNEL32.DLL+154E0)           
  [10]  0x7FFB22B0485B     (ntdll.dll+485B)               
}

I have Settlements Exapnded mod - can't remember if that makes any changes to Riverwood. And I have Notice Boards SE, which add a couple notice boards outside the riverwood inn. Could have something to do with it.

Maybe is patched already in the BETA. Currently at 0.685

Spoiler

- Hopefully fixed a bug where you'd run passed the toll guards avoiding licence inspection but get caught and processed by a guard enforcers later but the toll guard would still continue to try to force greet.
- Fixed a bug in LocTrackCentral which meant that several functions were being fired far more often than expected around towns. Especially around Riverwood where it appears the location was poorly divided into different locations awkwardly. I suspect this is responsible for the enforcer randomization CTDs in SE (though it's still unclear why LE was ok and SE wasn't). And was probably placing extra unecessary script load around towns. Have confirmed now that function calls are only made one time when entering a jurisdiction (Riverwood exteriors, riverwood trader, sleeping giant etc are all one jurisdiction). So should have drastically reduced load.
- Fixed: 69 animations may not have been firing spit/swallow choice.
- Fixed: Enforcers had pursuit dialogue available in normal dialogue (...).

Latest BETA in a link in these pages: SLS Beta LESLS Beta SE

- SLS now REQUIRES PO3 Papyrus Extender:

SE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22854

LE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/95017

It also requires UIextensions LE or SE  (All-in-One Hotkey)

Edited by safado
On 6/4/2022 at 2:33 AM, jfraser said:

I can see why you would think that since he was so very insistent, but that statement was just for flavor; you shouldn't have to talk to them.

11 hours ago, safado said:

Maybe is patched already in the BETA. Currently at 0.685

Reveal hidden contents

- Hopefully fixed a bug where you'd run passed the toll guards avoiding licence inspection but get caught and processed by a guard enforcers later but the toll guard would still continue to try to force greet.
- Fixed a bug in LocTrackCentral which meant that several functions were being fired far more often than expected around towns. Especially around Riverwood where it appears the location was poorly divided into different locations awkwardly. I suspect this is responsible for the enforcer randomization CTDs in SE (though it's still unclear why LE was ok and SE wasn't). And was probably placing extra unecessary script load around towns. Have confirmed now that function calls are only made one time when entering a jurisdiction (Riverwood exteriors, riverwood trader, sleeping giant etc are all one jurisdiction). So should have drastically reduced load.
- Fixed: 69 animations may not have been firing spit/swallow choice.
- Fixed: Enforcers had pursuit dialogue available in normal dialogue (...).

Latest BETA in a link in these pages: SLS Beta LESLS Beta SE

- SLS now REQUIRES PO3 Papyrus Extender:

SE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22854

LE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/95017

It also requires UIextensions LE or SE  (All-in-One Hotkey)

I downloaded the PO3 script extender and the newest version of SLS and have had no more crashes ?

11 hours ago, Envy20 said:

Is SLS compatible with beyond Skyrim Bruma mod?

I wouldn't think it's incompatible. 

But how far it is compatible IDK. 

Obviously, there would be no enforcers for new areas. And I'm not sure guard enforcers would work either. 

4 hours ago, Suke23 said:

Hey Monomon do you think it's possible in the future to use a animation/stagger type fall similar to this? (This is in regard to steepfall)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/68696

It wouldn't require faster get up animations and the player can recover much faster not to mention good looking fall animations!

I don't think it'd work. 

That's a lovely, perfectly flat surface that video is on. I'd like to see it on much more unlevel ground or cliff edges. 

I'd also suspect there'd be no fall damage. 

On 5/14/2022 at 10:25 AM, Monoman1 said:

From SLS I think it's only the inflate potion. There's a tiny bit of belly scaling based on (RND/iNeed) fullness but not enough to be of any consequence really.

I'm having an issue where the SLS Inflate value is going up even though nothing should be causing it to. New game, starting from the LAL prison.

• Growth Weight Gain is set to 0.00
  • Needs - Belly Scaling is toggled off (and Base Scale is set to 0.0)
  • Jiggles and Jiggles Visual Effects are toggled on - but those just respond to SLIF values, right? they don't cause values to increase?
  • As someone mentioned earlier, the Swallowing Cum Inflates Belly is toggled on but is greyed out so it can't be toggled off

Even with those settings, if I just wait a handful of hours, my character grows towards the SLIF Max settings - even though nothing is affecting my character. Is there a setting that I'm missing?

1 hour ago, tookachinchilla said:

I'm having an issue where the SLS Inflate value is going up even though nothing should be causing it to. New game, starting from the LAL prison.

• Growth Weight Gain is set to 0.00
  • Needs - Belly Scaling is toggled off (and Base Scale is set to 0.0)
  • Jiggles and Jiggles Visual Effects are toggled on - but those just respond to SLIF values, right? they don't cause values to increase?
  • As someone mentioned earlier, the Swallowing Cum Inflates Belly is toggled on but is greyed out so it can't be toggled off

Even with those settings, if I just wait a handful of hours, my character grows towards the SLIF Max settings - even though nothing is affecting my character. Is there a setting that I'm missing?

Did you turn off inflate potion in the toll and sex menu?

21 hours ago, Envy20 said:

Is SLS compatible with beyond Skyrim Bruma mod?

I have both and have not experienced any problems (but I admittedly haven't spent much time in Bruma). It definitely won't crash your game.

Edited: I now recall quite clearly that at least the curfew rule is consistently not being enforced in Bruma, even if you play with guard enforcers. So rule enforcement will probably not work in these new areas.

Edit 2: ...but that might be load order related. Bruma loads after SLS in my game. Maybe SLS might also impact the guards in Bruma if Bruma loads first? I don't know, as mentioned I never spent much time in Bruma or cared too much about that mod.

Edited by BYJE137
Adding details