I have a crash which happens all the time when loading my current save related to an enforcer, probably popping in at the worst moment and crashing the game, it's around winterhold when arriving by boat and trying to reach the town from the boat, which is quite a long way, I get the crash when reaching always exactly the same point. That's the netscript framework which reports the likely cause of the crash :

Possible relevant objects (2)
{
  [   1]    TESNPC(Name: `Enforcer`, FormId: 490614B5, File: `SL Survival.esp`)
  [   1]    Character(FormId: 490614B6, File: `SL Survival.esp`, BaseForm: TESNPC(Name: `Enforcer`, FormId: 490614B5, File: `SL Survival.esp`))
}

It's on se, with the 0.662 version.

I guess the only way around this is not going this way, since it seems to be a random npc appearing, using another way should avoid the crash, but it's really not convenient at this point, there are not multiple ways to reach winterhold from here, or loading a previous save, I have one from not too long ago... But if it's a random crash, it will happen again and it's a real problem in this case...

If someone has a better idea...

Edited by zelurker
10 minutes ago, zelurker said:

I have a crash which happens all the time when loading my current save related to an enforcer, probably popping in at the worst moment and crashing the game, it's around winterhold when arriving by boat and trying to reach the town from the boat, which is quite a long way, I get the crash when reaching always exactly the same point. That's the netscript framework which reports the likely cause of the crash :

{
  [   1]    Character(FormId: 490614B6, File: `SL Survival.esp`, BaseForm: TESNPC(Name: `Enforcer`, FormId: 490614B5, File: `SL Survival.esp`))
}

I guess the only way around this is not going this way, since it seems to be a random npc appearing, using another way should avoid the crash, but it's really not convenient at this point, there are not multiple ways to reach winterhold from here, or loading a previous save, I have one from not too long ago... But if it's a random crash, it will happen again and it's a real problem in this case...

Try this:

This is a weird SE specific bug. It happens randomly to some enforcers.

Dunno if that script change will help, but I have yet to encounter the bug again with this change. It is random though, so no guarantee.

You can also try to reduce the amount of enforcers to 0 in the MCM and wait for the cell to refresh. That was always my workaround.

Edited by Silvain
18 minutes ago, zelurker said:

{
}

It's something to do with the enforcer randomization logic. Doesn't happen on LE. Go figure. 

This script removes the randomization function entirely. Note that enforcer min/max settings will no longer work and whatever enforcers are spawned will always be the case. Possibly none are spawned depending on whatever settings you've been using up until now and the places you've been....

25 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

It's something to do with the enforcer randomization logic. Doesn't happen on LE. Go figure. 

This script removes the randomization function entirely. Note that enforcer min/max settings will no longer work and whatever enforcers are spawned will always be the case. Possibly none are spawned depending on whatever settings you've been using up until now and the places you've been....

I confirm the fix works anyway.

I had tried to set min enforcers = max enforcers = 0 but it doesn't change anything for this particular save, I guess the cell would need to be refreshed 1st.

Thanks a lot, I didn't expect such a fast reply ! :)

@Monoman1 - loving your mod. I'm doing my first play through using the permit system, and it's pretty awesome :)

I wonder if it's possible at some point to put in an option make the licenses hold specific rather than apply to all holds across Skyrim?

IMO it'd be more immersive (why would Solitude and Winterhold accept the same licenses?) and more of a pain for the PC (and what is SL Survival for if not to make life more painful for the PC :D ).

4 hours ago, Anunya said:

@Monoman1 - loving your mod. I'm doing my first play through using the permit system, and it's pretty awesome :)

I wonder if it's possible at some point to put in an option make the licenses hold specific rather than apply to all holds across Skyrim?

IMO it'd be more immersive (why would Solitude and Winterhold accept the same licenses?) and more of a pain for the PC (and what is SL Survival for if not to make life more painful for the PC :D ).

This sounds deviously dreadful and truly awful, in a very good way. OMG, the player would have to keep track of dozens of licenses. Perfect! ?

I just thought of something else - maybe the guards in one hold don't like licenses from another hold, and they tear them up when they inspect what you're carrying. Yikes! Even worse for the player.

Edited by Herowynne
29 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

This comes up every now and then but do you really want to have to manage 9 licence types X 9 holds = 81 licences on possibly a weekly basis at timescale 20. No thanks for me. 

How about separate licenses for different hold allegiances (imperial/stormcloak)? It might be interesting, but maybe too much work?

5 hours ago, Anunya said:

I prefer the licence being valid for all holds, with (optional) faction discounts as they current are. Going through every hold and purchasing licences repeatedly would be annoying. Also, minor cities do not have quartermasters to sell licences for you.

3 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

This comes up every now and then but do you really want to have to manage 9 licence types X 9 holds = 81 licences on possibly a weekly basis at timescale 20. No thanks for me. 

Typically (in my game so far at least), I only have short term license and rarely cover the whole of Skyrim at once so I don't think I'd ever have to manage 81 licenses.

For me the value would be having to negotiate the initial entry into the city (license less) and prioritizing whatever licenses to get here compared to future plans. F. ex. I'm coming to Whiterun and planning to do some stuff before moving to Solitude. Do I get the short term license? Do I try to do without? Do I extend my stay because I got the licenses?

I mean, personally I'd probably leave it as a toggle (universal or hold specific licenses), but your mod your rules :)

I think that some of the more interesting potential applications of hold-specific licenses could be implemented with the current system, without actually needing to make different versions of the licenses for each hold. A guard telling you that your license is fake, or they have to take extra steps (or payments) to verify licenses that aren't issued by whichever city you're in, or by the wrong faction, could just be a matter of chance. They're things that could be handled as situations where the actual truth is less important than how well you can convince the guard that you're telling the truth/it's not worth pursuing/you can make it up to them somehow. Player dialogue options could cover a range of attitudes, from "I definitely have the right license, you're wrong," to "I'm sorry, I must have made a mistake," to "I know how this goes. What'll it take for you to accept my license?", and so on, and negative outcomes on the more assertive responses might be more severe than just taking the blame from the start. After all, it's already clear that the enforcers and toll collectors and guards aren't interested in playing fair and are trying to exploit you.

The licenses do have the names of whichever quartermaster you bought them from, but I don't know whether it's actually plausible to check them based on just that. The idea of having Imperial or Stormcloak versions would probably be a lot more manageable (in gameplay and in development) than individual hold licenses. But you don't necessarily need to check those at all to still get some of those ideas into the game.

Though one thing Anunya said did make me think about a toll to get into the city as well as out. At least for people who aren't residents, or living right outside like the farmers. Seems like a sensible revenue-raising strategy, especially for a place like Whiterun that gets a lot of visitors. (But that's not really SL Survival-specific. It's just, like... a regular tax thing.)

48 minutes ago, xseno said:

Is there a easy way to make the bikini curse not proc when you ware cloth? (dont want to add to 1000132 cloth peices teh keyword)

Why bother with the bikini licence at all if every armor in the game is going to qualify as skimpy? Why not just disable the bikini licence and run with the armor licence instead? IMO, if every armor is skimpy then really no armor is skimpy, truly. It's just standard. 

1 hour ago, Herowynne said:

I don't own a curfew license, but it seems like guards have stopped enforcing curfew in my game.

Is there a way to troubleshoot this situation? Or a way to restart the curfew checking? Thanks!

Are you SD enslaved?

1 hour ago, Herowynne said:

Not SD enslaved. I don't have SD installed. But I am enslaved to a DFC Devious Follower. Does that affect curfew enforcement?

Stand outside in a violating location past curfew. 

Do 'sqv     _SLS_CurfewGuardAliases'

Quest should be running. At least some of the aliases should be filled with guards. 

Main FG condition is global: _SLS_CurfewViolation == 1

Other conditions are subject and player not:

In SexlabAnimatingFaction

not in combat

dhlp_Suspend is not active.

Player is not AI driven. 

Distance and LOS. 

On 6/24/2021 at 8:41 PM, Monoman1 said:

Agree - but there might be mileage in a  random - oh but THAT licence is from[Hold] - to make it valid here you need to pay me n gold  scam.....

On 6/24/2021 at 9:41 PM, Monoman1 said:

What about being able to disable licenses just in some specific holds? For example being able to choose say Hjaalmarch doesnt require any licences because theyre less strict there but the other holds do without having to disable the entire license system and lose all licenses in the process?

3 hours ago, 814661 said:

What about being able to disable licenses just in some specific holds? For example being able to choose say Hjaalmarch doesnt require any licences because theyre less strict there but the other holds do without having to disable the entire license system and lose all licenses in the process?

I don't know. I mean, what does it actually add? 

I'm getting cold sweats thinking about the back end coding and dialogue conditions. Let's just take the front end for a second. Mcm options. 9 licence types. 9 holds. One toggle for each = 81 toggles in an Mcm script that ran out of variable space many version ago. You'll get blisters toggling all those. Not to talk about my poor hands.

Edited by Monoman1
On 6/25/2021 at 5:44 PM, Monoman1 said:

Stand outside in a violating location past curfew. 

Do 'sqv     _SLS_CurfewGuardAliases'

Quest should be running. At least some of the aliases should be filled with guards. 

Main FG condition is global: _SLS_CurfewViolation == 1

Other conditions are subject and player not:

In SexlabAnimatingFaction

not in combat

dhlp_Suspend is not active.

Player is not AI driven. 

Distance and LOS. 

How do I check dhlp_Suspend ?

Here is a screenshot showing the result of sqv _SLS_CurfewGuardAliases. It looks okay to my noobish eye.

I was standing in the Gildergreen area of Whiterun at around 11 PM after the "Curfew" notification. The place was swarming with guards who were not enforcing curfew.

Spoiler

20210626183246_1.jpg.d01867be162022369a346a2bda2ae9db.jpg

I have a couple of other games in progress in which curfew is working as expected.

It is only in this one game that curfew is not being enforced. I keep all my saves, so I know exactly when curfew stopped being enforced.

Curfew stopped being enforced after I got a Devious Follower, who was forced on me by DFC's "Forced Start" because I had low willpower and was wearing an SLS cursed magic collar.

The exact same scenario occurred in another game (in Solitude) and curfew is being enforced in that game. So it is not a universal problem with DFC's Forced Start.

Edited by Herowynne
55 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

I don't know. I mean, what does it actually add? 

I'm getting cold sweats thinking about the back end coding and dialogue conditions. Let's just take the front end for a second. Mcm options. 9 licence types. 9 holds. One toggle for each = 81 toggles in an Mcm script that ran out of variable space many version ago. You'll get blisters toggling all those. Not to talk about my poor hands.

Just on the MCM thing - I know of a couple of mods with a large number of MCM options that ended up splitting the MCM into multiple separate entries, so that you have Mod Name Settings 1 and then Mod Name Settings 2 in the list of all the mods to configure. I don't know whether that's feasible or not for SL Survival, or if it would actually help with the issue you're having, but since it sounds like you still have a large number of new features that you want to add (like the wildling stuff), that might be something to take a look at if you haven't already.

10 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

How do I check dhlp_Suspend ?

Check SLSs own suspend variable. It's supposed to mirror the event state. 

help   _SLS_dhlpSuspend

Also check the violation variable in this fashion

Alias quest looks ok. So it's some condition probably. 

8 minutes ago, valeforgery said:

I know of a couple of mods with a large number of MCM options that ended up splitting the MCM into multiple separate entries

Oh I'm pretty sure I can add toggles until my fingers bleed. Like I said the mcm went over capacity a good while ago now and I've still been adding stuff in my own way. My point really was would you really want 81 toggles... Who'd use them. The effort to pay off ratio just isn't there IMO. 

Edited by Monoman1
1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

Check SLSs own suspend variable. It's supposed to mirror the event state. 

help   _SLS_dhlpSuspend

Also check the violation variable in this fashion

Alias quest looks ok. So it's some condition probably. 

Here is a screenshot. _SLS_dhlpSuspend was 1. All the other global variables had expected values.

Spoiler

20210626195645_1.jpg.99ef37c60780c92b01484291d2b70bd7.jpg

As soon as I set _SLS_dhlpSuspend to 0 then the guard immediately enforced curfew.

Spoiler

20210626195715_1.jpg.18fb333065f50932fa41c61a65f3b972.jpg

Thanks for your help @Monoman1 ! ? My problem is fixed. I really appreciate it! ❤️

About the licenses and some realism, you might want that some holds decide not to enforce some licenses :

- like winterhold for the magic license because it would prevent the mages from coming to town !

- and some others could decide not to enforce the armors one for blacksmiths (whiterun probably), because considering the price of these licenses and the fact that they also forbid trade, blacksmiths would be ruined in holds which enforce both armors and weapons (they would have only the jarls and high rank officers as clients !). Actually such a setup would push blacksmiths to leave the big towns just to survive !

- Also the magic license is overpowered with its anti magic collar. I understand the idea to prevent spell casting in town to avoid unwanted accidents, but here the problem is that the collar can't be removed unless you find some dd keys which is quite hard. It was the basic equipment for slaves in morrowind, and you don't want to enslave your population here. You would need at least a way to remove the collar for free when leaving town to balance that.