24 minutes ago, Tangerin_ said:

Does anyone know where in the MCM the option for casting spells causing arousal is so i can turn it off? I've been looking for like 20 minutes and i'm pretty sure this was the mod that does it. Thanks.

Nope. Adventures i think. 

Is there any chance you could add a third option for the toll mechanics where there is a minimum/starting toll instead of fixed or linear per level? For example, tolls start out at 200 and increase by 50 with every level or something like that.

Also is there any way you could have the toll collectors only search you whenever you are actually leaving or entering the city? Maybe whenever you enter the city and whenever you try to pay the toll? Enforcers/guard enforcers seem to work fine, and toll collectors seem to take forever to search my inventory.

Edited by blankusernn
19 hours ago, blankusernn said:

Is there any chance you could add a third option for the toll mechanics where there is a minimum/starting toll instead of fixed or linear per level? For example, tolls start out at 200 and increase by 50 with every level or something like that.

15 pages of options and still not enough options... :P

I don't know. I think that script is getting kind of spaghetti like. I'd have to look at it. 

19 hours ago, blankusernn said:

Also is there any way you could have the toll collectors only search you whenever you are actually leaving or entering the city?

That should be more or less how it works already...?

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

That should be more or less how it works already...?

Really? They always seem to forcegreet me when I'm just walking by, which can be a problem in places where the exits are near other stuff or along pathways.

Edited by blankusernn
27 minutes ago, blankusernn said:

Really? They always seem to forcegreet me when I'm just walking by, which can be a problem in places where the exits are near other stuff or along pathways.

There isn't any way for it to actually KNOW ? if you are leaving or entering, so it is probably triggered by proximity to a marker (I'd guess the toll box)

So ya, just walking by would do it. ?

Edited by Corsayr
1 hour ago, blankusernn said:

I find There's not too many places where its a problem. The side gate in riften might be the most problematic due to the close proximity of the forge and the much shorter distance to the door. But Its usually pretty avoidable if you're simple aware of it. Basically there are invisible boxes by the gates. Walk into them, fires a FG. I've tried to balance the size of them between annoyingness and the necessity to stop you for inspection. 

I can't really start modifying cities as I'm sure sure users would have my head for interfering with their favourite city overhaul. 

Edited by Monoman1
4 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

5 pages of options and still not enough options... :P

I don't know. I think that script is getting kind of spaghetti like. I'd have to look at it. 

Lupine00 did some cool stuff with devious followers.  Non-linear scaling is the way to go.  Even if you add the base price + per level scaling you won't fix the problem that guy is having. 

DF lets you set it up so that as you level the price scales faster and faster so that failure is inevitable despite the quickly increasing gold income at higher levels in Skyrim.  A linear model basically always produces instant failure or perpetual success.  

22 minutes ago, Darkwing241 said:

Lupine00 did some cool stuff with devious followers.  Non-linear scaling is the way to go.  Even if you add the base price + per level scaling you won't fix the problem that guy is having. 

DF lets you set it up so that as you level the price scales faster and faster so that failure is inevitable despite the quickly increasing gold income at higher levels in Skyrim.  A linear model basically always produces instant failure or perpetual success.  

Well its not really intended that you fail from tolls alone. Its meant to 'raise the floor' slightly. 

SLS is intended to be very difficult but its not intended that failure is inevitable. If you perform well in combat, make good decisions (both in combat and out of combat) and have a good bit of luck you should be able to SLS. 

Edited by Monoman1

This may be a bit of a weird request, but would you consider making the weapon and armour licenses toggleable in the MCM like all the others? I'd like to play with the curfew and property licenses, but they need licenses in general to be enabled, and not every playthrough works well with weapon and armour licenses with the other mods I have installed. (On some profiles I use mods like CACO that mean I end up with a lot of items in my inventory, which in turn means that the inventory checks with licenses at toll gates start to take a looooong time pretty early on in a playthrough. Other times I'd like to play as a mage in a Skyrim where magic specifically is regulated, but weapons and armour aren't necessarily treated that way.) I also get interrupted by guards/enforcers when I have a quest item that's a weapon or armour, and they'll say they're confiscating things even though they actually don't take the quest item away, and the only way to make them stop force-greeting me is to finish the quest.

5 hours ago, valeforgery said:

This may be a bit of a weird request,

Not really. It's on my extremely long to-do list. Along with optimizing the inventory scan. For now you can:

1. Set perpetual licence costs to zero for weapon/armor or

2. Use the debug menu to issue a perpetual licence.

Number of items in your inventory is still going to be the biggest determination of how long scans take. Even when eventually I get around to optimizing it.

3 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Not really. It's on my extremely long to-do list. Along with optimizing the inventory scan. For now you can:

1. Set perpetual licence costs to zero for weapon/armor or

2. Use the debug menu to issue a perpetual licence.

Number of items in your inventory is still going to be the biggest determination of how long scans take. Even when eventually I get around to optimizing it.

Totally understandable - I'll use the workarounds for now. Thanks!

@Monoman1

Hello!

I saw this was posted recently: 

I know lots of people here including myself have issues with expressions conflicting and being all over the place (or resetting to default)! Do you think this could help? I would love to have Survival overwrite all the other expressions! Of course I don't have the know-how to mess with scripts and all that really... If you've already seen it, or have too much on your plate, pay me no mind!

Edited by candibelle

Is there a setting to permanently disable the player headtracking/Look At element without having to turn off broader features to do so? I've been using the debug menu to switch back to normal when it gets too much, but I'd appreciate being able to toggle whether it'll happen at all.

18 hours ago, valeforgery said:

Is there a setting to permanently disable the player headtracking/Look At element without having to turn off broader features to do so? I've been using the debug menu to switch back to normal when it gets too much, but I'd appreciate being able to toggle whether it'll happen at all.

Modifying the IsNpc variable is a part of the daydreaming effect I think. So you'd have to turn that off. 

Personally I only seem to ever have it mess up once per playthrough why ever that is.

I know lots of people here including myself have issues with expressions conflicting and being all over the place (or resetting to default)! Do you think this could help? I would love to have Survival overwrite all the other expressions! Of course I don't have the know-how to mess with scripts and all that really... If you've already seen it, or have too much on your plate, pay me no mind!

It does work for expressions set with MfgConsole, since it overwrites native method calls. I did not test it with native expressions, for now it seems that they mix in together, but further testing is welcome.
It is possible to further extend this, for example add support for expression blending. But for now i have no roadmap for it, and no understanding of how it can be used.

4 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Modifying the IsNpc variable is a part of the daydreaming effect I think. So you'd have to turn that off. 

Personally I only seem to ever have it mess up once per playthrough why ever that is.

Ah, okay. Damn, I'd hoped there was a separate toggle - I like the other daydreaming features, but sometimes the headtracking makes me feel seasick, especially if I have to go into first person. Still, I can keep using the debug menu.

How does the magic collar interact with something like DCL when DCL attempts to collar you for one of its events? Does it remove the SLS collar or does the event simply fail to fire? Or really any other mod which might want to collar you while you're already wearing the SLS magic collar.

Wondering if it's safer from a compatibility perspective to just use the tattoo instead or if SLS accounts for this in some way.

54 minutes ago, noctred said:

How does the magic collar interact with something like DCL when DCL attempts to collar you for one of its events? Does it remove the SLS collar or does the event simply fail to fire? Or really any other mod which might want to collar you while you're already wearing the SLS magic collar.

Wondering if it's safer from a compatibility perspective to just use the tattoo instead or if SLS accounts for this in some way.

Yes, you need to be aware of how the SLS Cursed Collar interacts with the collar behavior of other mods.

Sometimes the Cursed Collar doesn't interact well with other mods. In those cases, you should turn off the collar in the SLS MCM.

On the other hand, the SLS Cursed Collar is an excellent way to be forced to accept a Devious Follower, if that is what you want to happen from a roleplay perspective. If you have DFC's Forced Start turned on, and your DFC willpower is low, and you get equipped with an SLS Cursed Collar, then you are likely to be accosted by a guard and forced to accept a Devious Follower. I really love when this scenario occurs in my game, because it feels like very emergent, immersive gameplay.

19 hours ago, valeforgery said:

Ah, okay. Damn, I'd hoped there was a separate toggle - I like the other daydreaming features, but sometimes the headtracking makes me feel seasick, especially if I have to go into first person. Still, I can keep using the debug menu.

Is it solid reproducible for you or seemingly random?

16 hours ago, Inception said:

I saw that the mod has gone through several beta versions with a lot of features added, but we're still on 6.35 here. Are you working faster than people can test it or don't you have enough beta testers?

Not really. 

Modding has become like spinning plates for me. Really big slow spinning plates. Spin a plate here. Then I've got to go spin several other plates over there. 

1 hour ago, noctred said:

Shouldn't be too much of an issue for SLS as there's code to check for quest type collars and switch to using arm cuffs instead or leg cuffs. If none of these options are available then it should automatically just fall back to a 'cursed tattoo'. Which is the same thing you get if you don't run DDs. 

Hey, sometime ago i installed and did all the setup for the mod to include the bikini armor, got it all working properly
I stopped playing for a bit and a week ago i hop back in and the bikini armor is proccing the animation and warning about the character not wearing anything

I havent add anything else since then, and im not sure exactly what could be causing that ?