@galgat @MadMansGun

Finally got my re-install done and mods re-worked (it seems that only female Cellan have problems with the camera+bodyslide now), with the unofficial patch disabled+removed as a master.  Everything seems to be working far better now and this is the list of improvements after not using USLEEP:

• SLAL registers all 818 animations (more than I used before BTW) within 10 seconds as opposed to stopping+starting constantly and taking almost 1 minute (in the console that is)
  • Creature Framework re-registers mods almost instantly instead of taking 2 or so minutes
  • No more stuttering in Whiterun or Riften
  • No more CTD entering or exiting buildings in Whiterun and Riften
  • The game loads everything faster and menus are a lot smoother
  • Beeingfemale's NPC menstrual cycle setting no longer has a negative impact on performance
  • No stuttering as cells load and unload (this is with Skyrim moved from my fast boot SSD to my slower spare one)
  • Mod Organiser 2 seems to be handling Skyrim better

I always thought something was wrong but could never pinpoint the issue, but now I know.  Considering the specs of my computer, USLEEP seems to be in a bit of a mess.

Spoiler

Rig:

• i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz
  • 16GB RAM
  • GTX 970
  • Vertex 460A and Kingston V300 SSD (240 & 120GB respectively)

Still have to use ctrl+alt+delete after closing Skyrim though if I want to be able to move the cursor.

Nice system for Skyrim, but I would be careful, accusing USLEEP of any thing much, the Groupies will come, and put a hex on you.  LOL

But it is quite possible to enjoy the game with out USLEEP or USKP, just takes a little searching, and patience, but your need that with USLEEP, and USKP too.

8 minutes ago, Rockat said:

@galgat @MadMansGun

Finally got my re-install done and mods re-worked (it seems that only female Cellan have problems with the camera+bodyslide now), with the unofficial patch disabled+removed as a master.  Everything seems to be working far better now.  I was going to simply state what was improved. But with the sheer difference this is the list of improvements after not using USLEEP:

• SLAL registers all 818 animations (more than I used before BTW) within 10 seconds as opposed to stopping and starting and taking almost 1 minute (in cnsole that is)
  • Creature Framework re-registers mods almost instantly instead of taking 2 or so minutes
  • No more stuttering in Whiterun or Riften
  • No more CTD entering or exiting buildings in Whiterun and Riften
  • The game loads everything faster and menus are a lot smoother
  • Beeingfemale's NPC menstural cycle setting no longer has a negative impact on performance
  • No stuttering as cells load and unload (this is with Skyrim moved from my fast boot SSD to my slower spare one)

I always though something was worng but could never pinpoint the issue, but now I know.  Considering the specs of my computer, USLEEP seems to be in a bit of a mess.

Reveal hidden contents

Still have to use ctrl+alt+delete after closing Skyrim though if I want to be able to move the cursor.

Main thing is to have fun, if it's not fun.. it's not worth it.

EDIT >>>>just caught that last part, only time I ever lose the Cursor is with unusual Lock up, like a game freeze.  But using ENB which I just started using recently seems to make the Cursor invisible to me when I do and alt tab, but as long as I click in the right spot it re appears when I get to desktop Or click on the background window I have open. 

May be a windows 10 thing, I am holding onto my win 7 for as long as I can.

USLEEP and all the "Unofficial Patches" are terrible, I don't understand why anyone uses them anyways. Aside from that I think it would be best to start from a base and copy over vanilla records to make sure certain things are kept over USLEEP's "fixes", just don't let bad practice and personal bias dictate anything you do. I don't want any extra trees in solitude or oblivion gates in the wilderness.

1 hour ago, gnarlyfingers said:

Another heavy-handed one was the change of Shor's Stone's mine (the one with the spider infection) form Ebony to Iron (along with a change of another mine to Ebony). There was fine justification for the Ebony in that mine (the sample ore sent for analysis).

Actually a dialogue for Redbelly Mine says it was always an iron mine until they found the sample of quicksilver. Grogmar gro-Burzag in Shor's Stone also buys iron ore, not ebony ore. The place being marked an ebony mine in the game files pre-USLEP was a legitimate bug.

49 minutes ago, Xerperious said:

I don't want any extra trees in solitude or oblivion gates in the wilderness.

Not sure about trees, but USLEEP doesn't add any any Oblivion Gates - that is a separate mod which does it.

If it USLEEP does though(which I'd consider a little odd, since that is not technically a fix...), I have not seen any, save for when using other mods that do add them to the game.

22 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

Not sure about trees, but USLEEP doesn't add any any Oblivion Gates - that is a separate mod which does it.

If it USLEEP does though(which I'd consider a little odd, since that is not technically a fix...), I have not seen any, save for when using other mods that do add them to the game.

That is the issue with USLEEP though, it adds unnecessary stuff.

39 minutes ago, Xerperious said:

USLEEP and all the "Unofficial Patches" are terrible, I don't understand why anyone uses them anyways.

because in the past it did fix real problems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGcp6sWWXsA

44 minutes ago, Xerperious said:

Aside from that I think it would be best to start from a base and copy over vanilla records to make sure certain things are kept over USLEEP's "fixes", just don't let bad practice and personal bias dictate anything you do. I don't want any extra trees in solitude or oblivion gates in the wilderness.

i mostly work in TES5Edit so i can see everything that's going on, and i already have another mod for "personal bias": https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2316-f-the-thieves-guild/

fuck trees, i'm more interested in game killing bugs and things that don't make sense.

1 hour ago, Rockat said:

Finally got my re-install done and mods re-worked (it seems that only female Cellan have problems with the camera+bodyslide now), with the unofficial patch disabled+removed as a master.  Everything seems to be working far better now and this is the list of improvements after not using USLEEP:

I always thought something was wrong but could never pinpoint the issue, but now I know.  Considering the specs of my computer, USLEEP seems to be in a bit of a mess.

gee i wonder why?

fsscr000.jpg

look at all of this, there are 2 pages of "new quests" all full of worthless scripting shit.

setting things up for borderless window mode may help with your quitting problem.

2 hours ago, Oblivion_Cat said:

Which critical bug fixes do you guys recommend using instead of USLEEP? is there a list somewhere or is it mostly personal hunting/digging for fixes?

i'm still trying to figure that out myself, and some of the old fixes got deleted when they got added to USKP/USLEP.

the Esbern bug is always a quest blocker if you encounter it: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65670?

and i found this other unofficial patch over here that looks interesting: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76101?

but i don't know if it's any good or not.

edit: never mind, it's still mostly counter productive.

13 hours ago, Xerperious said:

USLEEP and all the "Unofficial Patches" are terrible, I don't understand why anyone uses them anyways. Aside from that I think it would be best to start from a base and copy over vanilla records to make sure certain things are kept over USLEEP's "fixes", just don't let bad practice and personal bias dictate anything you do. I don't want any extra trees in solitude or oblivion gates in the wilderness.

I fully understand your feeling's about Usleep.

But I would not say it is terrible, I just don't like a lot of things it does, and you really have few options on that.

probably one of my main grip's is if you use Usleep, you have to have all the DLC loaded ( All of them ), and running all the time.

The other thing is the log file becomes Gigantic, when you use USLEEP or USKP. I know warning's mostly mean nothing, but the ungodly amount of line's added are daunting, if only from there ludicrous size alone.

Another is they started making USKP before Bethesda had even finished there Official patches.  And early on, there Unofficial patches were or had the ability to over ride Official patches. I do not doubt that USLEEP may still be doing this.

Another thing is, I really had no problems with a floating tree, or an occasional fetch and carry quest not working, the Wiki's could help you straighten most all of those out, and as I was playing on a computer a little console tweaking now and then was not beyond my ability, and it for me in some ways was sort of like extra game time tracking down the fixes.. LOL 

What I did want fixed was the log spam, which actually was hurting my game, and to it's credit USKP did fix a lot of that, but not all, and many of the USKP, USLEEP spam Fixes required a new game start.

But the one's that were not associated with USKP or USLEEP would quite often fix the spam problems mid stream, or in the middle of the game, that for me was good.

I mean USLEEP is okay for people that are not truly hand's on people, and play very casually, and have no desire to understand any of the inter-working of the game or find no fun in finding solutions themselves.

I sort of enjoy, tracking down minor problem's, and seeking out solution's for Me This actually extends the game, in a way that although upsetting at time's is also satisfying when I solve the problem.

It is sort of a Bitter sweet choice, but I do like the fact that I have a Choice, and I do not begrudge anyone that chooses to use USLEEP, in many way's I do not blame them, but for me playing the game sometimes with out it is more enjoyable.

( I do have profiles both way's in MO, some with out, some with, and for me, I have found that the one's with out tend to play better, and feel better after I have patched log Spam problems than the one's with Unofficial Patches )

I think if anything, For me what would be a good fix would be just and Unofficial Patch that with one installation fixed all the Log spam, and the rest I could deal with My self.

EDIT >>> I think log spam fixes for each of the DLC being singular would also be nice, as I quite often don't have all of the DLC on when I first start a game. I tend to like slowly adding them as I reach a certain level or point's in the DLC, and then decide to turn on another one.

"Ebony Blade can no longer be tempered at a grindstone due to clear indications found in game data that specifically states it cannot be heated in a forge etc."

This always bugged me. I mean, they had to know that the grindstone and forge have two separate functions, right? Whenever I need to sharpen my steak knives, I don't have to stuff them in the fireplace first. I'm not trying to remake the sword, I just want to make it a little more stabby.

Anyhow, thank you for this. 

One of the bugfixes you put in says that it implemented the Hired Thug Fixes. Did you use the no hired thug version or the thug only when caught version? I ask because I had a kid hire thugs to beat try me, A kid! I can't remember but I think it was probably Braith.

If you feel like fixing a couple of Navmesh screw ups, here's two.  These were actually Bethesda screw ups and neither USKP or USLEEP ever fixed them (which always struck me as odd cause they're pretty big screw ups).

The first is outside Dead Crone Rock (Cell -44, -5)  In the lower left corner of that exterior cell there is "fighting" platform with some loot on it accessed from inside Dead Crone Rock.  It was apparently meant to be a position the Forsworn could use to snipe at the player with bows from as they approach, but they can't.  The reason they can't is that Bethesda forgot to navmesh the entire platform except for a tiny area just outside the door (which happens to be in the next cell over).  As a result, Forsworn (and followers if you go out there to get the loot) will run out, stop, turn around and go back inside, only to come out and go back in endlessly.  While not game breaking it keeps some of the Forsworn from behaving as they should in a fight.

The second is a bigger goof on the part of Bethesda which again neither USKP or USLEEP fixes.  This one is in Cell -29, 28 and is part of the back wall of Fort Hraggstad.  From a top down view (in CK) there is a tower in the back left, it is navmeshed.  However the above cell has a corner covering part of the wall that connects the tower to the rest of the fort and this area is NOT navmeshed.  Thus the NPCs on the tower can't joint the fight and are stuck until the player goes after them, and other NPCs can't get to them either.  In the unnavmeshed area there is a patrol idle marker and two CW markers which also can't be used by NPCs due to the lack of navmeshing.  Since this fort is one of the sites where a Civil War battle takes place (the last fort battle right before the attack on Solitude) it kind makes the location important and you'd think someone would have noticed.  Besides me.

There's a third in Gloomreach in the lower part but I'd have to go look that one up and remember what I did to fix it.

Many of the towers with stairs going up to the top in Tamriel space have improperly navmeshed stairs as well such that NPCs on the upper floors cannot go down and vice versa.  If you like I could dig out my notes and make a list.

I have a few irons in the fire at the moment, but if you like I'll get the latest version of your patch and update it with the navmesh fixes for those two locations and screen shots of what I changed and then post it here.  I may not be much at scripting (yet) but I can navmesh with the best of em! :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, EinarrTheRed said:

I have a few irons in the fire at the moment, but if you like I'll get the latest version of your patch and update it with the navmesh fixes for those two locations and screen shots of what I changed and then post it here.  I may not be much at scripting (yet) but I can navmesh with the best of em! :classic_biggrin:

uploading any esp from any mod with the fixes in it should work, i can easily copying things over with TES5Edit.

but working on my esp directly in the CreationKit would be a bad idea because it was not made to be cleaned afterwords, all of my intentional "identical to master records" and "dirty edits" may end up blending in with real unintentional edits.

• 2 weeks later...

I need to follow this, looks nice and promesing.

I am one of them that tells people to use the Usleep and the other, but I dont like all changes it makes as many others.

It fixes many things, so this unpatcher is one nice thing for removing stuff that is added. For some stupid reason, like the change on the Ebony Blade, it is useless.

Dont know how they think, you dont heat anything when you sharpen stuff.

Okay Mad, here's the navmesh patch I mentioned, all cleaned and tested in my own game to make sure it works (NPCs can path across the cell borders and such).

Contains changes to the following cells for the following reasons:

• -44,-5  Wilderness - adds missing navmesh near Dead Crone Rock
  • -44, -4 DeadCroneRockExt02 - connects new navmesh to existing navmesh island
  • -29, 28 Wilderness - adds missing navmesh on wall at back of Fort Hraggstad
  • -29, 27 FortHraggstadExterior05 - connects existing tower navmesh to new navmesh
  • -28, 28 FortHraggstadExterior04 - connects existing navmesh to new navmesh
  • Updates one NorWoodDoorLoad at Dead Crone to ensure the door link works properly

That's it.  Should have both those areas properly navmeshed and navigable by NPCs now.

Navmesh Patch.esp

Here's one other change you might consider, its another goof by Bethesda that USLEEP missed patching.

Animals prefer walking on roads which means they won't get out of your way even when there's wide open tundra they could run off into, predators camp roads when they shouldn't etc.  This is because the most commonly used sandbox package for animals prefers preferred pathing.  Fortunately the fix is very simple.

Under Packages find this package "DefaultCreatureSandboxEditorLocation4000"

Under its Public Package Data add a New line.

Name it:  Prefer Preferred Path?

Make sure it is set to false (should be by default when you add it)

Move it up just above Prefered Path Only?

Save.  That's it.  Animals should now have the option to run off across tundra to escape the player or NPCs rather than being determined to stay on roads.  Doesn't mean they always will, that's random and depends on a lot of situational variables, but they will at least now have that option if there is enough room for them to head off that way.

don't let Arthmoor see this or he will throw another tantrum!

i've been looking for something like this, it always annoys me when unofficial patches fix exploits that don't harm the players experience.

it would be nice if you could reintroduce exploits where the player is able to obtain both quest rewards, like in "Ill met by moonlight".