On 4/6/2020 at 1:16 AM, donttouchmethere said:

Or are you using an old DCL version and you mean the SLUTS guard dialog patch?

Also there seems to be a way to modify DCL to allow alternative guard dialogues via TESVEdit.

the current sluts works with the current dcl when used with the guard dialogue patch and prison overhaul.

the guard dialogue patch allows the dialogues with prison overhaul installed and prison overhaul gets around dcl. i spoke about this topic in the page you quoted above complete with screenshots of the working dialogues. it wasn't until i started a new game without prison overhaul installed that i even seen the dcl prison:

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 6:29 PM, AthenaESIV said:

Cool to see this updated again! ... but...

Backpack > Cart 

:D

I agree, the cart is too big, and it kills people.   Maybe if the cart was much smaller, or maybe use a backpack that can be removed from the player when attacked en route.  Hauling that cart across Skyrim is a daunting task.

I  Was attacked by a chain beast and lost, was forced to crawl away.  Looked cool, but I believe that cart was going to cause issues at the other end of the crawl.

7 hours ago, slvsaris said:

Maybe if the cart was much smaller, or maybe use a backpack that can be removed from the player when attacked en route. 

The carts were  pretty much the point. The original mod happened because Zaz and Darkconsole showed me a gif where they'd figured out how to hitch the player to a cart. I just asked if I could put a bit of a quest around it so you could do it in-game.

That's not to say a backpack variant might not have merit, of course.

7 hours ago, slvsaris said:

Hauling that cart across Skyrim is a daunting task.

That was definitely the point :)

On 4/12/2020 at 5:15 AM, CliftonJD said:

the current sluts works with the current dcl when used with the guard dialogue patch and prison overhaul.

can't confirm that!

the guard dialogue patch allows the dialogues with prison overhaul installed

can confirm that!

prison overhaul gets around dcl

That's not right. DCL allows POP to work with the DCL manipulated guard dialogue. Means Kimy made DCL allow the POP dialogue, but no other guard dialogue.

Dialogue options from SLUTS and Devious Lore will be blocked.

i spoke about this topic in the page you quoted above complete with screenshots of the working dialogues

Yes that's why I'm so skeptical. I can't see all dialogue options on the screenshots, that's why I think they are from an older DCL version.

Your old comment also makes me think there is some confusion.

it wasn't until i started a new game without prison overhaul installed that i even seen the dcl prison

The DCL version is important.

There was some fighting between Kimy and Inte.

POP dialogue option was also blocked until Inte updated POP to be compatible to DDi 4.3

39 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Dialogue options from SLUTS and Devious Lore will be blocked.

Yes that's why I'm so skeptical. I can't see all dialogue options on the screenshots, that's why I think they are from an older DCL version.

Your old comment also makes me think there is some confusion.

AFAIK DCL replaces the dialogue you get when you surrender to a guard.  As this is totally new dialogue, it doesn't offer any other options you'd normally get from mods that just added options to the vanilla guard dialogue trees.

However - if you talk to a guard while you have a bounty (the "Wait, I know you" line), the dialogues will still give you access to your other options.  For myself that is SLUTS and Sexlab SexBounty.

So you can still use this mod's version of clearing your bounty with DCUL - you just need to be proactive and actively approach guards when you have a bounty.  So I use SLUTS if I want an "involved" debt recovery option, SexBounty if I just want to clear a bounty fast (and if it works) and DCUL to handle serious crimes.  I also use Sexlab Survival which offers alternate pick-pocketing outcomes rather than the vanilla bounty system (basically, if you are caught the victim can punish you on the spot rather than calling a guard).

1 hour ago, DocClox said:

The carts were  pretty much the point. The original mod happened because Zaz and Darkconsole showed me a gif where they'd figured out how to hitch the player to a cart. I just asked if I could put a bit of a quest around it so you could do it in-game.

That's not to say a backpack variant might not have merit, of course.

That was definitely the point :)

I mean the cart is a cool idea, its just that Skyrim doesn't like the carts moving around  it seems lol.  I had touring carriages installed for a bit, that was entertaining for a bit.

Cart just needs to be smaller, about the size of those hand carts we see everywhere, maybe just bigger wheels or something.  A smaller cart would fit the player better and maybe NPC would not get run over.  Probably not an easy task or it would have been done :)

I could see cart, backpack, and just a messenger.  Maybe even getting sent to the races, or getting abducted by a farmer to work as a pony (by product of wearing the gear).

It was kind of amusing to watch my character pull the cart in a crawling position after getting snagged by a chain beast.

22 minutes ago, slvsaris said:

I mean the cart is a cool idea, its just that Skyrim doesn't like the carts moving around  it seems lol.  I had touring carriages installed for a bit, that was entertaining for a bit.

Yeah, the physics of those things is wonky as fuck. Nothing to be done about it, sadly.

22 minutes ago, slvsaris said:

Probably not an easy task or it would have been done

I think they just need the right node in the .nif. But it's ages since I looked at any of this, and nifscope hacking can be a bit of a black art.I think hte model requirements are documented on the creationkit wiki if anyone wants to try it.

25 minutes ago, slvsaris said:

I could see cart, backpack, and just a messenger.  Maybe even getting sent to the races, or getting abducted by a farmer to work as a pony (by product of wearing the gear).

I could imagine that. Have the cart throw a wheel as per Cicero, and walk to the nearest farm to get it fixed. Only you have no money and the farmer needs his field ploughed...

26 minutes ago, slvsaris said:

It was kind of amusing to watch my character pull the cart in a crawling position after getting snagged by a chain beast.

That I can believe!

On 4/8/2020 at 8:01 AM, orgs1n said:

The missing facegen files caused a CTD. It wasn't just an appearance bug. Regenerating the facegen files fixed the CTD.

I don't understand how anyone on SE was ever able to deliver at Morthal, Winterhold or Dawnstar with these files missing, but it's Skyrim after all.

Out of curiosity, how do you regenerate the facegen files? Been trying to find something that explains this process, but haven't been successful as of yet.

38 minutes ago, asebw said:

Out of curiosity, how do you regenerate the facegen files?

Open the mod in the Creation Kit, select the NPC, and press Ctrl-F4.  For multiple NPCs, hold down Ctrl and left click each entry to select the ones you want, then press Ctrl-F4.  This will overwrite any existing facegen files, so be sure that you really want to do this or you might wipe out custom generated facegen files.  I personally don't see how how missing facegen files will cause a crash.  The normal result is the commonly-seen gray face problem, annoying but harmless.

9 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Open the mod in the Creation Kit, select the NPC, and press Ctrl-F4.  For multiple NPCs, hold down Ctrl and left click each entry to select the ones you want, then press Ctrl-F4.  This will overwrite any existing facegen files, so be sure that you really want to do this or you might wipe out custom generated facegen files.  I personally don't see how how missing facegen files will cause a crash.  The normal result is the commonly-seen gray face problem, annoying but harmless.

Indeed. I normally wouldn't bother with it either, but i'm trying to convert this mod for use in SE, and my attempts thus far are causing the game to CTD shortly after loading (before it gets to the main menu). I suspect there's something wrong with my conversion, but I figured i'd ask about the facegen while at it, as there's another mod (or two) that I might need to try fixing in that regard.

31 minutes ago, asebw said:

i'm trying to convert this mod for use in SE, and my attempts thus far are causing the game to CTD shortly after loading (before it gets to the main menu).

Maybe you know this, but if not, my understanding is that SE doesn't like LE bsa files (extract all files from the bsa and remove the bsa).  I don't use SE but I've often seen that advice. 

21 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Maybe you know this, but if not, my understanding is that SE doesn't like LE bsa files (extract all files from the bsa and remove the bsa).  I don't use SE but I've often seen that advice. 

*Facepalm*

I had totally forgotten about that. Thank you for reminding me ><.

On 5/3/2020 at 3:37 AM, DocClox said:

Yeah, the physics of those things is wonky as fuck. Nothing to be done about it, sadly.

I think they just need the right node in the .nif. But it's ages since I looked at any of this, and nifscope hacking can be a bit of a black art.I think hte model requirements are documented on the creationkit wiki if anyone wants to try it.

I could imagine that. Have the cart throw a wheel as per Cicero, and walk to the nearest farm to get it fixed. Only you have no money and the farmer needs his field ploughed...

That I can believe!

just threw some words in google for the cart thing, ran across this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74517/?

Kinda what I was thinking in concept anyway.  The cart could be a bit better looking.  I am just surprised anything came up at all.

Edit: I guess they implemented the cart as armor, so the cart doesn't roll.  I do agree that a rolling cart is one of the cool parts of SLUTS

I have noticed that the hand carts in the game are moveable.  I wonder if there is a way to attach that to the player.

23 hours ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Long ago in this thread, someone was experimenting with a smaller cart replacement and posted their work.  I use the smaller cart still.  

found this I will have to take a look at it:

Also saw that someone else suggest the mod I suggested above.  I still think that the had cart might be able to be modified to be pulled.

I dropped in that smaller cart and it is not too bad.  Size seems OK, the arms could be shorter.  The arms also seem to stretch, but that just be an optical illusion

Still bounces around.  Not sure why the cart has to automatically harm things that com in contact with it, although I did us it to defend myself lol.

Seem like a weight adjustment should fix the bouncing, but I know nothing about working with meshes.

Guest AthenaESIV

I still say a backpack that is a simple animated reikling on a saddle that rides the back of the PC would be an amazing mod, especially if you could have it turn into racing mod with other mounted beauties on a trek across the back roads of Skyrim.

But don't worry I understand that would be a totally different mod, a completely pain in the ass, and no real chance of ever happening lol

Here it is.  Someday I am going to figure out a way to make it less prone to chaos.  Hard to find information about this kind of stuff.

SLUTS - Redux_Cart.rar

First time using NifSkope for this sort of stuff.  Figured out how to see the collision stuff, looks like the collision was never modified after the back half of the wagon was chopped off.  No idea if that is causing oddities.

8 hours ago, slvsaris said:

Here it is.  Someday I am going to figure out a way to make it less prone to chaos.  Hard to find information about this kind of stuff.

First time using NifSkope for this sort of stuff.  Figured out how to see the collision stuff, looks like the collision was never modified after the back half of the wagon was chopped off.  No idea if that is causing oddities.

It works just fine! Can still be used as a lethal weapon, which is important for an otherwise defenseless ponygirl! ;)

The shafts are a bit too close to each other now. It would be more realistic if they matched the yoke's width.

Spoiler

shafts.png.73b4bb987278f8f841cca2390c86c3e2.png

On 5/9/2020 at 11:14 AM, slvsaris said:

Here it is. 

Thank you for this.  I took a quick look at it in-game.  A couple of minor things:

As orgs1n observed, the shafts are too closely spaced to look natural.  I scaled them in the x direction by a factor of 1.6 and it seems to match the yoke that way.

The texture path for the shafts is prefixed by "mod organizer\mods\sluts - redux_cart", causing that part to show as purple.