19 hours ago, AlphaGammaBeta said:

the tail is somehow not where it should be

skse, skyrim le last. 

dd5, sluts 1.18, no slavetats

ScreenShot0.jpg

the previous page here has scripts posted to make sluts dd5 compatible, try those and see if you still have problems with it

Took a crawl through the source code, turns out it is composed of dozens of script, most of which seem to perform one function.  I'm sure there's a logic behind it, but I can't figure it out.  What I'm looking for is a way to fix the whole "cart doesn't attach right on the second or later sequential run".  I'm pretty sure this is caused by the current sequence of events not destroying the first cart, then recreating it for the new haul.

I think there's an easily identifiable point where a "destroy the cart" function could be inserted.  There is a point in the sequence of the driver recasting everything where SlaveTats removes the tattoos from the player and then reapplies them.  The script that calls Slavetats to remove the livery should be easy to find and adjusted to also kill the existing cart (with an appropriate pause inserted, the whole sequence runs too fast, which is why you end up talking about putting the bit back in when you haven't even finished getting the rest of the gear on.)

Now, do I know how to destroy the cart?  Nope lol

I think there's an easily identifiable point where a "destroy the cart" function could be inserted.  There is a point in the sequence of the driver recasting everything where SlaveTats removes the tattoos from the player and then reapplies them.  The script that calls Slavetats to remove the livery should be easy to find and adjusted to also kill the existing cart (with an appropriate pause inserted, the whole sequence runs too fast, which is why you end up talking about putting the bit back in when you haven't even finished getting the rest of the gear on.)

Now, do I know how to destroy the cart?  Nope lol

I had to figure this out when I was making a patch for Skyrim Chain Beasts. When you finish a run, the cart driver casts sluts_restore_spell on your character. That uses the sluts_restore_effect script, which in turn calls restore_pony_actual() in sluts_mission_scenes_sc.

I had to figure this out when I was making a patch for Skyrim Chain Beasts. When you finish a run, the cart driver casts sluts_restore_spell on your character. That uses the sluts_restore_effect script, which in turn calls restore_pony_actual() in sluts_mission_scenes_sc.

Thanks.  Going through sluts_mission_scenes_sc I see that the original intention was to not remove the tack between runs, but I'm guessing that didn't work.  Similarly for the cart, it is supposed to stay attached, but it doesn't.

Now, restore_pony_actual is acutally supposed to destroy the cart:

function restore_pony_actual()
                                       trace("sluts: clearing tethered")
                                       tethered = false
                                       cart_al.clear()
                                       cart.disable()
                                       cart.delete()
                                       cart = none
                                       data.cart_ref = none

But as we know it doesn't work.  Why?  Looks like the issue is in the function chain_mission, which "makes a note of the cart ref so the next quest doesn't double spawn".  Which yeah, is what should happen, same cart should be used, but that cart is always bugged, because everything on the player gets removed between runs, and that includes untethering the cart.  Retethering never works, as you can tell from using the debug function to move the bugged cart to your destination before turn in.  The cart tracks the player (the arms move), but it never reattaches properly.

The first thing I'd try is replacing data.cart_ref=cart in function chain_mission (line 1505) with the cart reset code from function restore_pony_actual (the lines above), which should destroy the cart, allowing it to be resummoned when the nest run starts.

Thanks.  Going through sluts_mission_scenes_sc I see that the original intention was to not remove the tack between runs, but I'm guessing that didn't work.  Similarly for the cart, it is supposed to stay attached, but it doesn't.

Now, restore_pony_actual is acutally supposed to destroy the cart:

function restore_pony_actual()
                                       trace("sluts: clearing tethered")
                                       tethered = false
                                       cart_al.clear()
                                       cart.disable()
                                       cart.delete()
                                       cart = none
                                       data.cart_ref = none

But as we know it doesn't work.  Why?  Looks like the issue is in the function chain_mission, which "makes a note of the cart ref so the next quest doesn't double spawn".  Which yeah, is what should happen, same cart should be used, but that cart is always bugged, because everything on the player gets removed between runs, and that includes untethering the cart.  Retethering never works, as you can tell from using the debug function to move the bugged cart to your destination before turn in.  The cart tracks the player (the arms move), but it never reattaches properly.

The first thing I'd try is replacing data.cart_ref=cart in function chain_mission (line 1505) with the cart reset code from function restore_pony_actual (the lines above), which should destroy the cart, allowing it to be resummoned when the nest run starts.

Ok, that does kill the cart when the tats are removed, but when the new cart spawns it doesn't tether properly.  You still end up with the loose cart.

Ok, that does kill the cart when the tats are removed, but when the new cart spawns it doesn't tether properly.  You still end up with the loose cart.

Hmph.  Issue seems to be that the cart is getting spawned first, without waiting for everything else to get cleared.  The result is the cart spawns, the character gets tack removed... and that detaches the cart.  Tack is then reapplied, but the cart isn't attached because it already exists and the code is set to make sure there is only ever one cart.

Soooo, gotta find that redress function.  Have to make sure that everything is done in the right order.

Hmph.  Issue seems to be that the cart is getting spawned first, without waiting for everything else to get cleared.  The result is the cart spawns, the character gets tack removed... and that detaches the cart.  Tack is then reapplied, but the cart isn't attached because it already exists and the code is set to make sure there is only ever one cart.

Soooo, gotta find that redress function.  Have to make sure that everything is done in the right order.

Getting closer.  Cleaned up the undress/redress between chained runs, and the cart is in the right place, but it's still not tethered properly.

Getting closer.  Cleaned up the undress/redress between chained runs, and the cart is in the right place, but it's still not tethered properly.

So I've got the sequence corrected, proper cleanup between chained runs.  Pony is properly redressed, new cart spawned, and everything in the proper position.  But the cart doesn't move.

So, I'm figuring there is something in the cart spawning routine that freezes a new cart in place, makes it so it doesn't roll away when trying to attach the player to it.  I mean that's how I'd do it.  What's not happening is the cart being allowed to move.  There is some difference between the chain functions and the initial run functions such that the cart does not get unlocked.

Now I've just gotta find it.

Some city overhaul mods conflicht with this mod. For example the mod "The great city of solitude" places walls close to the solitude carriage driver and now he can't spawn the cart anymore, making the quest impossible. Anything I can do? The chosen city is random sadly.

Some city overhaul mods conflicht with this mod. For example the mod "The great city of solitude" places walls close to the solitude carriage driver and now he can't spawn the cart anymore, making the quest impossible. Anything I can do? The chosen city is random sadly.

It is (theoretically) possible to remove cities from the list used by the mod.  As in no handler would ever send you to Solitude, and the Solitude carriage driver would not offer you the quest.  The list of destinations is in one of the scripts (I saw it yesterday or the day before), as is the list of carriage drivers.

Now I say "theoretically" because there are a LOT of scripts, and while I've only seen the list of destinations and drivers in, um, one (maybe two) of them it's completely possible you might miss another reference and CTD.

I'm still trying to sort out the whole cart issue.  If I run across the destination/driver lists I'll let you know.

3 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Wasn't there an integration with "Prison Overhaul"? I got arrested but had no option to choose car runs. S.L.U.T.S is not listed as optional mod in the prison overhaul mcm.

It's not an integration with POP, just something that SLUTS does on its own. Poking around the ESP, it looks like your bounty has to be below 10k in order for them to offer it to you.

If your bounty wasn't that high, only other possibility that I can think of is that it might be a load order issue, since they do both edit one of the arrest responses.

My perma Ponygirl roleplay character:

Eleanor came by ship to Windhelm to join the rebellion. But the S.L.U.T.S. took notice of her.. and lured her in with the promise of gold.

Due to her bright red hair, they set her into the white colored gear and red tattoos.

They took her name away and re-labeled her Snowberry. 

Sure, she joined the rebellion..... but not in the way she wanted.

Life-long owned by a cart pulling company, dressed in humiliating pony gear and forced to pull supplies for the Stormcloaks.

On 12/23/2020 at 3:25 PM, chaimhewast said:

It's not an integration with POP, just something that SLUTS does on its own. Poking around the ESP, it looks like your bounty has to be below 10k in order for them to offer it to you.

If your bounty wasn't that high, only other possibility that I can think of is that it might be a load order issue, since they do both edit one of the arrest responses.

recent versions of cursed loot run its own prison and arrest system that blocks the vanilla dialogs and sluts makes use of the vanilla arrest dialogs

Not making much progress on the cart issue.  Really needs a serious rewrite.  That being said it's some pretty clever programming... that is sorely in need of a flowchart lol

There's also some code in there that isn't used, such as references to "rehabilitation" and a "taxi service".

I'm thinking what this really needs is a pony farm.  Farm house, barn, stables, maybe a training ring based on the mill.  Maybe integrate MME as an option, add in a dairy :)  I just gotta figure out how to build it, then place it in world (there's a good spot west of Whiterun, kinda southwest of the Labyrinthian pass.)

2 hours ago, aurreth said:

"rehabilitation"

actually that's used for the bounty system in sluts. when its not used with a current version of cursed loot, it makes use of the vanilla guard dialogues during arrest to work off your bounty in the pony rehabilitation program. there's also an sse version on another forum that has a cursed loot work-around so sluts can interact with the cursed loot arrest scenes

2 hours ago, aurreth said:

"taxi service"

original author doclox had plans to negotiate a ride back, but got side-tracked and never finished it

The idea with the taxi service was that there's be a pool of NPCs that wanted to get from one city to another, and would pay to ride the  cart. So if you were pulling the cart, you might get the option to take a passenger instead of, or in addition to, regular cargo. Or if you were working to pay off a debt, you might get no choice in the matter.

Of course, payment would depend on a good review from the passenger when they arrived, and if ruffled feathers needed smoothing, the cost would come out of the girl's pay, so again it would be possible to end up owing money for the trip, although you;d probably have an opportunity to provide some "extra value" along they way and maybe  leave the passenger more favorably disposed towards you.

That was the idea anyway. Implementation never got much beyond an unused spell that put the player in a cart and a clone of Nazeem in the driving seat.

9 hours ago, CliftonJD said:

actually that's used for the bounty system in sluts. when its not used with a current version of cursed loot, it makes use of the vanilla guard dialogues during arrest to work off your bounty in the pony rehabilitation program. there's also an sse version on another forum that has a cursed loot work-around so sluts can interact with the cursed loot arrest scenes

original author doclox had plans to negotiate a ride back, but got side-tracked and never finished it

I'm actually working with the SSE version.  Although, come to think of it, I put in the DD5 scripts from a couple pages back last night, I suppose I should test them lol

There's actually quite a few things in the code that were never implemented.  From the comments (which are hilarious btw) it looks like they were put on the backburner due to the cart issue.  I've mostly been working with sluts_mission_scenes_sc; think I need to take a look at the other main file, sluts_mission_data_sc.  It's possible the disconnect between "first mission after starting game" and "any other mission after the first one" is in there.  Ideally I'd like to see the tack and cart remain in place if hauls are chained, skipping the handler spell in between and skipping straight to the next mission.  That should fix the majority of the cart issues, which is currently "the cart will only attach properly one time".

5 hours ago, DocClox said:

The idea with the taxi service was that there's be a pool of NPCs that wanted to get from one city to another, and would pay to ride the  cart. So if you were pulling the cart, you might get the option to take a passenger instead of, or in addition to, regular cargo. Or if you were working to pay off a debt, you might get no choice in the matter.

Of course, payment would depend on a good review from the passenger when they arrived, and if ruffled feathers needed smoothing, the cost would come out of the girl's pay, so again it would be possible to end up owing money for the trip, although you;d probably have an opportunity to provide some "extra value" along they way and maybe  leave the passenger more favorably disposed towards you.

That was the idea anyway. Implementation never got much beyond an unused spell that put the player in a cart and a clone of Nazeem in the driving seat.

Yeah, I noticed the "payment in kind" option in the code that never made it into production, and the existence of like 4 different kinds of carts.  Considering how often I run over big rocks or decide to skip the bridges and swim to Solitude I'm not sure a passenger would survive the trip lol

• 1 month later...