Should I switch from oldrim to SE

As far as adult mods go, I think SSE is almost completely caught up to LE.  I have nearly every one of my favorite Oldrim adult mods working in SSE now and haven't played LE in a good while.   And while you can play the games on a SSD, but typically the SSD is also the C:\ drive and I never install my games on the hard drive that contains my operating system - that's a no-no for me although I always keep the most current copies of my games saved to a portable drive for emergencies.   Especially with the idiotic Windows 10 permissions system which is another reason I install my games to the other drives.

I only wish SSE ENBs would looks as good as Oldrim ENBs, for some reason in Oldrim damn they look amazing lol; outside that and probably that there is more adult mods on Oldrim, I see not much reason, I get mad on Oldrim when you're advancing in a modded game, and the saves with the SKSE extra file, took longer and longer to save to an absurd point; well you can evade this doing manual saves or installing some mods that change quicksaves/autosaves into manual ones

ENBs for SSE are mostly vanilla-like yeah, so there isn't much difference between all the presets, that's why is often said that ENBs are not that worth either on SSE; it is more worth the memory patch in this case.

But well if you like the skin-tone after post processing or some DOF (like bokeh) is good I guess, it is for each one liking lol

• 2 weeks later...

I personally prefer LE. I tried SE and the game looks basically same but the FPS is cut in half. I also noticed that Scripts like from Sexlab take longer and everything is kind of unstable. You can make SE really beautiful if you have some good hardware but personally, i can only run an ENB and use texture mods in LE which makes it better looking than SE. So i´d say go SE if you have good Hardware.

I have both games and have modded both successfully. Which is getting more mods made for it at the present time, and which has more potential going into the future. I want to make another proper playthrough, and would rather not spend so much time in one and then realize I'd rather be playing the other.

1 hour ago, panchovix said:

Ohh that's pretty interesting, so more new mods on LE in the last months huh, where did you get the graphs? nexus mod itself?

I'd say it's almost the double in favor of SE, but yes, it's on Nexus. Just scroll down to the bottom of the site, there should be a "Statistics" button. :)

• 1 month later...

Hello to all,

I always wanted to explore the NSFW side of Skyrim V but i`m stuck at deciding which version should i get...Legendary edition..Special edition and where to start.

If anyone could give some advice or guide me trough the process would be amazing. Did some research but i`m still a bit confused for the start. I have few guides though they are not specifying on the version i need or more like which one is best to use at this point for NSFW mods and such.

Thanks in advance!

7 minutes ago, WARLOGIX said:

Hello to all,

I always wanted to explore the NSFW side of Skyrim V but i`m stuck at deciding which version should i get...Legendary edition..Special edition and where to start.

If anyone could give some advice or guide me trough the process would be amazing. Did some research but i`m still a bit confused for the start. I have few guides though they are not specifying on the version i need or more like which one is best to use at this point for NSFW mods and such.

Thanks in advance!

There is no definitive answer to this and I don't know of any guides that would make this decision for you.

LE, tried and (un)trusted has issues but most have been ironed out by the modding community it also has more mods, currently.

SE, newer (arguably) more stable (again, in part to the modding community) less mods available but I doubt there is much in it now with so many getting ported over and other modders now only concentrating on SE.

What I can advise is to read the instructions of whatever Mod Manager you are going to use, watch a video guide, make sure you understand what it does. Don't assume. Same goes for every mod you install, read the description, requirements and instructions.
Install 1 or 2 mods at a time. Then test play for a bit. Then add more when happy. Don't instally a dozen mods and then wonder which one is making your game CTD.

Heyho,

if you do not own any of the versions, I personally would suggest the Special Edition, most of the mods got rebuilt/converted already, so you should be able to find anything you want.

For the basic modding: There you mostly can stick to guides/tutorials for Legendary Edition, you just have to make sure to get the Speicla Edition mods.

Thank you a lot for the answers, it kinda feels like a lot to do but from what i`m seeing the results are amazing. What confuses me the most is the tons of guides there are out there and everyone describing things differently. I grabbed few guides and been reading into all the stuff since few hours, hopefully soon ill get the hang of it and manage to try the fun side. Any recommendations for a newbie/simple straight forward guide which if i read and work with will get me links and info step by step ?

LE have more mods, and only 20% of old mods were translated to SE 

but almost every new mod around 90% new mods are for LE and SE, however for SE you need to wait day or week longer than for LE

SE ENB is trash, and ENB is one of most important thing in Skyrim

ENB makes your game Beauty, it change your shaders and how game render everything

if You need guide, first You should say WHAT you want to have in game...

- You want to make Sex Screenshots / Videos ?

- You want to play with Sex Mods?

- You want to play nice looking game without NSFW? ( probably not depending on your prev. msg )

and this we can also split to some smaller questions like:

- Do You want to have sex with Animals in Your game or just with Humans?

If You want to have Sex with Animals -> Download SL ( SexLab Framework )

If You want to have Sex with only Humans -> Download OSex ( You can also download SexLab but in my opinion OSA is way better )

If You want to make Sex Videos OSA is must Have

You can also import ZaZ Animation Pack ( SexLab Framework Animations ) to OSA and play aniamtions one by one for Your Video

but first,

1) Download Game ( LE in my opinion is way better pick, But if You want you can use SE -> Hard Way xD )

2) Download all must have Frameworks and Tools

- SKSE ( Google it or You can download it from Steam ( its only one framework i have from Steam :D ) )

- SkyUI 

- FNIS ( without this You can't run any custom animations )

- Outfit Studio ( without this you can't use any custom body / outfits )

You could also download MO ( ModOrganizer ) don't use Shitxus ( Nexus ) shit like Nexus ModMannager or Vortex

those MM are just fking bad... its worse possible trash you can download ( Vortex and NMM )

but download MO only if You think that You can't install mods Manualy

its better to Install everything Manulay

I'm doing like this, i have over 200 ESPs in my game ( few of them are Merged ) i have all LoversLab mods and o lot more different mods

my Game never crash, im not using any shity Crash Fix or Contunue Game No Crash etc.

just make good Load Order and mind what You are installing

About everything You can ask ppl that make mods / install mods for much longer :)

You should join Discord Servers and on Discord You can find a lot of ppl that can help u :D

Here is Baka Factory Server: https://discord.gg/mtq5bBK

He made many mods for LoversLab so if You need help, you can ask on this server for Help

if You have problems with other things you can join other Discords and ask there :D

First:

- Download Game and Frameworks i wrote above,

Then come back say which game you download ( LE or SE ) and say what You want to do in You game :)

I recomend You LE

Mezz558: SE, newer (arguably) more stable

Yeee... just install Mod Properly, Made good Load Order and overwrite files you need to...

Then LE never crash :o...

4 hours ago, WARLOGIX said:

Any recommendations for a newbie

Try to find dates of anything you read. Something written 8 years ago may not be relevant. You'll need to consider more than just version this, and requirement that. Compare information from multiple sources as well - just because you 'read it on the internet' isn't gospel, since any crackpot can post stuff for the world to see.

5 hours ago, TobiaszPL said:

LE have more mods, and only 20% of old mods were translated to SE 

but almost every new mod around 90% new mods are for LE and SE, however for SE you need to wait day or week longer than for LE

SE ENB is trash, and ENB is one of most important thing in Skyrim

ENB makes your game Beauty, it change your shaders and how game render everything

if You need guide, first You should say WHAT you want to have in game...

- You want to make Sex Screenshots / Videos ?

- You want to play with Sex Mods?

- You want to play nice looking game without NSFW? ( probably not depending on your prev. msg )

and this we can also split to some smaller questions like:

- Do You want to have sex with Animals in Your game or just with Humans?

If You want to have Sex with Animals -> Download SL ( SexLab Framework )

If You want to have Sex with only Humans -> Download OSex ( You can also download SexLab but in my opinion OSA is way better )

If You want to make Sex Videos OSA is must Have

You can also import ZaZ Animation Pack ( SexLab Framework Animations ) to OSA and play aniamtions one by one for Your Video

but first,

1) Download Game ( LE in my opinion is way better pick, But if You want you can use SE -> Hard Way xD )

2) Download all must have Frameworks and Tools

- SKSE ( Google it or You can download it from Steam ( its only one framework i have from Steam :D ) )

- SkyUI 

- FNIS ( without this You can't run any custom animations )

- Outfit Studio ( without this you can't use any custom body / outfits )

You could also download MO ( ModOrganizer ) don't use Shitxus ( Nexus ) shit like Nexus ModMannager or Vortex

those MM are just fking bad... its worse possible trash you can download ( Vortex and NMM )

but download MO only if You think that You can't install mods Manualy

its better to Install everything Manulay

I'm doing like this, i have over 200 ESPs in my game ( few of them are Merged ) i have all LoversLab mods and o lot more different mods

my Game never crash, im not using any shity Crash Fix or Contunue Game No Crash etc.

just make good Load Order and mind what You are installing

About everything You can ask ppl that make mods / install mods for much longer :)

You should join Discord Servers and on Discord You can find a lot of ppl that can help u :D

Here is Baka Factory Server: https://discord.gg/mtq5bBK

He made many mods for LoversLab so if You need help, you can ask on this server for Help

if You have problems with other things you can join other Discords and ask there :D

First:

- Download Game and Frameworks i wrote above,

Then come back say which game you download ( LE or SE ) and say what You want to do in You game :)

I recomend You LE

Mezz558: SE, newer (arguably) more stable

Yeee... just install Mod Properly, Made good Load Order and overwrite files you need to...

Then LE never crash :o...

You are awesome and extremely helpful! I have been shit stuck all day deleting and installing SKYRIM SE (yes i bought it sadly) cause of what not and now as it seems ill have to buy also the LE edition. I could not get the SKSE to work for some reason and there i stopped. The only thing i managed to do is add some bodies to the game.

Basically i wanna have the options with videos and pictures of both beasts and humans.

The avatars to look good and realistic with nice outfits and options for edits of the shapes and what not.

All the good freaky stuff.

Mind adding to discord and being tortured for a while till i get things going ? I already kinda got the basics with all the fails and stuff, so its just a matter of order and proper installs/use. If yes my discord is C.R.I.M.I.N.A.L#2352 ! Thanks in advance.

18 hours ago, Sephariel said:

Back then, SE was a bit barren for sex mods, is it much better now? Is there parity in the sex mods department between SE and LE ?

See it for yourself. If the mods you want to use are in there as convertable or already converted you should be fine. Checking the download sections for LE and SE will give you a general idea about what's available too (but you might want to wait a couple of days because the download categories aren't working like usual after maintenance).

The interesting thing about the current crisis is that I've seen an explosion of mods on Nexus.  I guess alot of people have nothing but time on their hands. Anyway...been playing nothing but SE on both machines.  I keep a copy of the game and mods on an USB drive for emergencies. 

Just peeked at Nexus and the amount of new mods for SE is about three times of the amount for LE.

I currently play only Special Edition, but have no quarrel if someone prefers to stick with Legendary Edition.

I used to play LE until I bought a new computer a few years ago. After that, I switched to SE and don't regret it (SKSE for SE was just released that time)

I'm also learning how to use the SSE Creation Kit and converting some LE mods for personal use, sometimes fixing bugs here and there. Unfortunately a few mods can't be simply converted via CK.

So, playing LE or SE is a player's decision. None of the versions are perfect and it's up to each one to choose which version stick with.

On 3/26/2020 at 9:08 PM, Celedhring said:

The interesting thing about the current crisis is that I've seen an explosion of mods on Nexus.  I guess alot of people have nothing but time on their hands. Anyway...been playing nothing but SE on both machines.  I keep a copy of the game and mods on an USB drive for emergencies. 

i will need one of 1TB ?