[FONV] CBBE - Bodyslide port alpha - UPDATE 18 mar 2018

On 9/18/2022 at 11:42 AM, JerichoAzariah said:

Is there a way to use bodyslide studio to alter pre-existing body mods like altering type 4 body to possess more endowed or athletics figure or to have certain feature like bnb and high heels be more implemented?

I'm not an expert, but what BodySlide does is create a new .nif file, that is a mesh over the model's skeleton, in the meshes folder of your Data folder so the game loads that, overwriting the "vainilla" mesh that exists in the basic .esd file.
So, by extension, you are modifying the body that the game loads. The main issue here is that BodySlide uses the CBBE body UV map, so the body textures used by other "body" mods are incompatible or look just plain bad, hence the infamous "no-nipples" and "chest panties/vagina" error that happens when you try to load outfits other than those converted to CBBE or if you try to download non-CBBE texture packs.

The BNB and High Heels thing, on the other hand, can be resolved, but you need NifSkope or Blender or some other tool, if you don't intend to convert to CBBE. They both had pretty comprehensive guides on how to do so on Nexus, but it's been a while, so I don't remember if they're still there.

3 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

I'm not an expert, but what BodySlide does is create a new .nif file, that is a mesh over the model's skeleton, in the meshes folder of your Data folder so the game loads that, overwriting the "vainilla" mesh that exists in the basic .esd file.
So, by extension, you are modifying the body that the game loads. The main issue here is that BodySlide uses the CBBE body UV map, so the body textures used by other "body" mods are incompatible or look just plain bad, hence the infamous "no-nipples" and "chest panties/vagina" error that happens when you try to load outfits other than those converted to CBBE or if you try to download non-CBBE texture packs.

The BNB and High Heels thing, on the other hand, can be resolved, but you need NifSkope or Blender or some other tool, if you don't intend to convert to CBBE. They both had pretty comprehensive guides on how to do so on Nexus, but it's been a while, so I don't remember if they're still there.

So it is a great hassle to use bodyslide to alter pre-existing body type.

From what I read about the more up to date blender from different discussion page for Bethesda modding community, its that they recommend using a older version instead of the newer version, not entirely sure as to why that is, but I have taking a browse through tutorials that are related to Nifskope and it seems that it is the main program needed to make custom body, outfits, or even unique characters

13 minutes ago, JerichoAzariah said:

So it is a great hassle to use bodyslide to alter pre-existing body type.

From what I read about the more up to date blender from different discussion page for Bethesda modding community, its that they recommend using a older version instead of the newer version, not entirely sure as to why that is, but I have taking a browse through tutorials that are related to Nifskope and it seems that it is the main program needed to make custom body, outfits, or even unique characters

The main draw for the use of BodySlide is, in fact, the fact that you don't need to "alter a pre-existing body type", rather, you use the sliders to modify the proportions of the "vainilla" body and can set your own personal pre-sets, say a huge rack and ass with a tiny waist or a more pear-shaped body, and then use them on converted outfits to keep them "in-line" with your new body-type.
And even making the conversions is not that big a deal, I've been a bit absent in that matter for a while, but I usually cranked about 5 to 10 conversions every couple of hours, you can find a lot of my conversions in the other discussion.

As for making unique characters or outfits from scratch, that I can't help ya with. I have a moderate amount of skill converting outfits for use in BodySlide, a smidge of knowledge in making simple mods using the GECK and a big fat goose egg in knowing how to use NifSkope or Blender.

Edited by Svartr564
11 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

The main draw for the use of BodySlide is, in fact, the fact that you don't need to "alter a pre-existing body type", rather, you use the sliders to modify the proportions of the "vainilla" body and can set your own personal pre-sets, say a huge rack and ass with a tiny waist or a more pear-shaped body, and then use them on converted outfits to keep them "in-line" with your new body-type.
And even making the conversions is not that big a deal, I've been a bit absent in that matter for a while, but I usually cranked about 5 to 10 conversions every couple of hours, you can find a lot of my conversions in the other discussion.

As for making unique characters or outfits from scratch, that I can't help ya with. I have a moderate amount of skill converting outfits for use in BodySlide, a smidge of knowledge in making simple mods using the GECK and a big fat goose egg in knowing how to use NifSkope or Blender.

GECK doesn't seem to be that good (in my view point) in terms of making new body type or unique outfit, from what I can assess about it, its main goal is to more or less setup scripted events and add in generic actors that play certain roles.

You also mention that bodyslide and outfit studio uses the vanilla texture; I had always thought it changes the vanilla texture to a CBBE texture. As for converting outfit to fit a CBBE body I always thought that was a little bit difficult.

12 hours ago, JerichoAzariah said:

GECK doesn't seem to be that good (in my view point) in terms of making new body type or unique outfit, from what I can assess about it, its main goal is to more or less setup scripted events and add in generic actors that play certain roles.

You also mention that bodyslide and outfit studio uses the vanilla texture; I had always thought it changes the vanilla texture to a CBBE texture. As for converting outfit to fit a CBBE body I always thought that was a little bit difficult.

I think I didn't explain myself correctly.

When you install CBBE it replaces the "vainilla" texture of the body for the CBBE texture. But that just affects the body, not the outfit. Converting the outfit, what it does, is adapting the outfit's "weight" to the CBBE body so any morph you do using BodySlide "pushes", for lack of a better word, the corresponding "nodes" on the outfit mesh and so it changes alongside the body morph to adapt to your chosen body.

Am I making any sense?

11 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

I think I didn't explain myself correctly.

When you install CBBE it replaces the "vainilla" texture of the body for the CBBE texture. But that just affects the body, not the outfit. Converting the outfit, what it does, is adapting the outfit's "weight" to the CBBE body so any morph you do using BodySlide "pushes", for lack of a better word, the corresponding "nodes" on the outfit mesh and so it changes alongside the body morph to adapt to your chosen body.

Am I making any sense?

ok when i read your previous statement, I had assumed that it still used the vanilla texture without truly replacing it, thank you for clarification, does this also mean that have to download the bodymorph mod that is here or does the bodyslide and outfit studio comes with its own bodymorph file

7 hours ago, JerichoAzariah said:

ok when i read your previous statement, I had assumed that it still used the vanilla texture without truly replacing it, thank you for clarification, does this also mean that have to download the bodymorph mod that is here or does the bodyslide and outfit studio comes with its own bodymorph file

The bodymorph mod in this site is actually just a modifier that can change the body of a character during gameplay and it does so one at a time.
BodySlide modifies the "mesh" so that every time you load the game, so long as you don't overwrite the "new" mesh, it will load that body/outfit on every character that wears/uses it.

So, while you can use them together to change just one character beyond what you've set as "normal", neither needs the other to work.

15 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

The bodymorph mod in this site is actually just a modifier that can change the body of a character during gameplay and it does so one at a time.
BodySlide modifies the "mesh" so that every time you load the game, so long as you don't overwrite the "new" mesh, it will load that body/outfit on every character that wears/uses it.

So, while you can use them together to change just one character beyond what you've set as "normal", neither needs the other to work.

Would it be possible to edit outfits in the outfit studio, to be more revealing or some details that would make it a bit more sexy; like adding window view for female outfit or to edit the outfit to possess underboob exposure.

On 9/23/2022 at 6:40 AM, JerichoAzariah said:

Would it be possible to edit outfits in the outfit studio, to be more revealing or some details that would make it a bit more sexy; like adding window view for female outfit or to edit the outfit to possess underboob exposure.

It is possible to do so, though I'd still recomend keeping back-ups when possible. OutfitStudio also allows you to add "zaps", which a toggles that hide parts of the outfit. Say you want to make it so an outfit can be topless, or show some more leg, or ass or something like that.

Here, let me link you to the guide. Have a read, that should answer a lot of questions.

5 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

It is possible to do so, though I'd still recomend keeping back-ups when possible. OutfitStudio also allows you to add "zaps", which a toggles that hide parts of the outfit. Say you want to make it so an outfit can be topless, or show some more leg, or ass or something like that.

Here, let me link you to the guide. Have a read, that should answer a lot of questions.

thank you for all the helpful info, I'll probably not get it right away but I at least got some good materials to learn from

13 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

It means you don't have the requisite texture in the "textures" folder in the "Data" folder. It's trying to load an image that doesn't exist.

so i would need to get the texture from the gypsy folder, would it be able to detect the gypsy files if its was installed normally through a mod manager or i have to do this manually

6 hours ago, JerichoAzariah said:

so i would need to get the texture from the gypsy folder, would it be able to detect the gypsy files if its was installed normally through a mod manager or i have to do this manually

You can unzip the files to a temporary folder then copy and paste the "texture" folder from the mod to your Data folder.
Of course, adding the complete mod would be necessary to "seed" the outfit into the game proper. Otherwise you'd have to add it to your inventory via console commands.

So I'd recommend you install the mod then do the conversions.
Of course, if it is the one I'm thinking of, there's already a conversion made in the other thread, done by yours truly.

1 minute ago, Svartr564 said:

You can unzip the files to a temporary folder then copy and paste the "texture" folder from the mod to your Data folder.
Of course, adding the complete mod would be necessary to "seed" the outfit into the game proper. Otherwise you'd have to add it to your inventory via console commands.

So I'd recommend you install the mod then do the conversions.
Of course, if it is the one I'm thinking of, there's already a conversion made in the other thread, done by yours truly.

I saw, but it was more of me coming across it as I was checking body comparison for each default outfit, thank for the info though

4 hours ago, Fenrir892 said:

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere already, but does anyone have a conversion for the vanilla NCR Ranger Combat Armor? I've scanned through every thread and can't find anything. 

Sorry, I don't think I got to that one. And if you're not finding anything with the search engine then a conversion probably isn't done yet. However, it's not terribly difficult to learn how to convert outfits yourself. Pretty much any guide on making BS conversions should give you the basics you need to know. Best I can tell you is that trying and failing is unfortunately how we all learned what we do. So don't get too frustrated if you don't nail it the first time. You'll get better with practice.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
  • 1 month later...

question: is it possible to have more then one texture files implemented?

example: having type 4 to be the main body replacer, but having type 3 texture as secondary replacer for like type 3 armor and attires

I understand that type 4 is starting to become a big time body replacer, but I still see a number of good type 3 armor and attire mods

21 hours ago, DoodlyDangua said:

Question: is it possible to patch Type 4 to be curvier with Bodyslide?

It is, but it's also Time Consuming and pretty damn Tedious.
What you want to do is keep the Type 4 texture file with a different name than the default in your Textures folder, then you load the outfits in OutfitStudio and conform them to the CBBE body, but you want to keep the "skin-suit" that goes with them, then you select the "skin-suit" and change it's texture path from the default one to your Type 4 texture file and make sure it loads properly. Then you run your tests with the sliders and, once you're satisfied, you save the conversion and make sure you zap the option to not display the reference body (that is the CBBE body). Do that for every outfit you have and you'll have "patched" the Type 4 outfits to be curvier using BodySlide.

On 12/4/2022 at 2:44 PM, Svartr564 said:

It is, but it's also Time Consuming and pretty damn Tedious.
What you want to do is keep the Type 4 texture file with a different name than the default in your Textures folder, then you load the outfits in OutfitStudio and conform them to the CBBE body, but you want to keep the "skin-suit" that goes with them, then you select the "skin-suit" and change it's texture path from the default one to your Type 4 texture file and make sure it loads properly. Then you run your tests with the sliders and, once you're satisfied, you save the conversion and make sure you zap the option to not display the reference body (that is the CBBE body). Do that for every outfit you have and you'll have "patched" the Type 4 outfits to be curvier using BodySlide.

Sorry but I barely understood any of that. lol

• 2 months later...