[FONV] CBBE - Bodyslide port alpha - UPDATE 18 mar 2018

18 hours ago, RoboticBoznara said:

I know. That's what I'm trying to fix. ._.

Did you already convert all the vanilla outfits for the DoA race with Outfit Studio? if so, it's probably just a matter of where BS saves the nifs when you generate them with the batch button. Check the files inside the DoA bsa archive (you can use any software you like, for example B.A.E. from Nexus), you will find a sub folder probably under meshes which contains all the custom nifs for the player >>> you need to tell Bodyslide to save the nifs for your custom character here.

EDIT: wtf I completely misread it... sorry -_-

Edited by A.J.
17 hours ago, RoboticBoznara said:

I know. That's what I'm trying to fix. ._.

Alright buddy. Open your textures folder, go to your character subfolder and then go to the female folder, take a screenshot and share it. We'll see if it's something that can be easily fixed or if we need to look further.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, CrimzonNinja said:

i still don't understand how this works. im getting lost. when i download bodyslide it doesn't work with new vegas cause its only for fallout 4! so yeah im lost as hell. 

Are you using a mod manager which connects automatically on nexus and installs it on its own directly on FO4? if it's so, I suggest to manually download the mod, then manually add it to the mod manager, under New Vegas. MO2 or FOMM allow to do it, but I'm not sure about Vortex: if it doesn't allow it, I guess the only way would be to manually install it on the game's folder.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so i have the BNB Animatons enabled and i also have the CBBE Version of NVCS skeleton and i have built the CBBE Body using the skeleton and i still do not have any boob physics and i am also noticing that my textures seem broken the nipples are on the shoulders and the neck texture is on the back i am unsure what is going on any help fixing this would be great thank you.

Edit 1. Ok so i have managed to fix the textures but the body still does not have physics and i am unsure why.

Edit 2. Ok so i seem to have fixed the physics it seems to have been caused by a mod called aMo what ever the hell that is.

Edited by WolfPack51942

Hey so i was wondering if someone here could explain to me how i would port a body texture from skyrim to fallout new vegas? the reason i ask is i was wanting to use the cbbe body texture called The Pure CBBE for skyrim on my Fallout New Vegas CBBE install but i am unsure on how to port the textures any help would be great thank you.

Hi Guys!
First of all really great work and big kudos to you guy by making this! I have been reading this thread since i started replaying and modding new vegas, and even the troubleshooting help you guys give is really respectable.

But i really hate to admit it, im running into a problem and i need help.
My game is crashing on a few locations. Until this point i brushed it off and thought its just expected behavior, but it keeps getting worse.
Im currently in Zion near the Sorrows base and if i go into their valley my game just crashes.

I havent even tought a simple mesh replacer would be a culprit, but at this point im pretty sure it is as i ruled everything else out. (i removed every mod, and only this one makes it crash)Now maybe the periodical CTD-s are not coming from here, but this big one is certainly does.
What im asking: Can you please provide any help, because im really stuck in the troubleshooting process, i never really had a problem like a mesh replacer causing issues (or at least i never was able to identify it)?
I also had tempered with the outfits (only small touch ups) in OS but it never occurred to me that it might be a problem.
Any input would be appreciated, and thank you again for your work!
Have a good one all!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 5:46 AM, Execlor said:

A mesh can crash the game, it can have an issue. Now first of all you should see if you used a mesh which is used in Zion, there aren't many, there's the Sorrows for example. I personally never converted them, I don't know if someone else converted them

On 12/28/2021 at 10:41 AM, WolfPack51942 said:

It's severely outdated and probably you were using a beta version with a custom skeleton. There's more than a mod today which includes a custom skeleton, I suggest to install NVCS over them all, to let it overwrite. If you'll find a mod which is not compatible with NVCS please leave a message in its thread on nexus

On 1/5/2022 at 8:46 PM, Execlor said:

Hi Guys!
First of all really great work and big kudos to you guy by making this! I have been reading this thread since i started replaying and modding new vegas, and even the troubleshooting help you guys give is really respectable.

But i really hate to admit it, im running into a problem and i need help.
My game is crashing on a few locations. Until this point i brushed it off and thought its just expected behavior, but it keeps getting worse.
Im currently in Zion near the Sorrows base and if i go into their valley my game just crashes.

I havent even tought a simple mesh replacer would be a culprit, but at this point im pretty sure it is as i ruled everything else out. (i removed every mod, and only this one makes it crash)Now maybe the periodical CTD-s are not coming from here, but this big one is certainly does.
What im asking: Can you please provide any help, because im really stuck in the troubleshooting process, i never really had a problem like a mesh replacer causing issues (or at least i never was able to identify it)?
I also had tempered with the outfits (only small touch ups) in OS but it never occurred to me that it might be a problem.
Any input would be appreciated, and thank you again for your work!
Have a good one all!

If you've used one of the first conversions of the Sorrows outfits it does crash the game, for some reason. You can either replace them with the og nif file by decompressing from the BSA file or you can use this conversion that I made about a year ago. It should fix that particular crashing.

A couple of other nifs that might give you troubles are the NCR MP outfit, the female Ranger armor and one of the Merc outfits. At least that I remember.

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Xenvaleek said:

hello I need help, im using the NVCS skeleton

which reference skeleton should I pick between these for the body slide studio?? tutorial said I should be using NVCS as the newest skeleton instead of applejam right?

image_2022-02-28_201313.png

Mmmh... I would say, try to copy NVCS (the CBBE version) inside that folder and try to use it instead than any other skeleton.

Or, you could even decide to build clothes using AppleJam, then NVCS in game will work fine

On 2/24/2022 at 8:11 PM, loversolub said:

I dont understand, i use nv compability skeleton, how do i choose it in BS?(name?) in settings. (male or 1stPerson ?)

When i click batch patch i see an error (the following sets failed)

For the second sentence: I remember there is one cloth which was giving an error, can you screenshot that error?

For the first sentence: sorry I don't understand what you mean. You need both _male and 1stPerson to make clothes work in game.

46 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Mmmh... I would say, try to copy NVCS (the CBBE version) inside that folder and try to use it instead than any other skeleton.

Or, you could even decide to build clothes using AppleJam, then NVCS in game will work fine

just curious if i just copy the NVCS skeleton specifically the CBBE version in there won't it conflict? also i opened the content of the NVCS with the CBBE installer, this is the only name of the file inside 

the other one is in a folder called "male" so i assume its for the other gender even tho this one is for "1st person"

image_2022-02-28_204705.png

image_2022-02-28_204821.png

Edited by Xenvaleek
47 minutes ago, Xenvaleek said:

just curious if i just copy the NVCS skeleton specifically the CBBE version in there won't it conflict? also i opened the content of the NVCS with the CBBE installer, this is the only name of the file inside 

the other one is in a folder called "male" so i assume its for the other gender even tho this one is for "1st person"

image_2022-02-28_204705.png

image_2022-02-28_204821.png

You're right, vanilla pathing is confusing.

The file you need is the third person skeleton, which is the one inside the folder _male

You should be able to use that skeleton to create outfits with Outfit Studio

But, if for some reason that I'm ignoring, something doesn't work, then you could use the skeleton I included in AppleJam for Outfit Studio.

If you'll do this, don't forget to re-install NVCS (CBBE) after you finished all your works with Outfit Studio, because I assume you are also using some other mods that require it, like Xilandro's mods or 360 movement etc.

In short, you should be able to use either AppleJam or NVCS (CBBE) for editing outfits in outfit studio; when later you will play the game, you will want to reinstall eventually NVCS (CBBE) over everything because it's required by some mods like 360 movement.

(I hope it's understable what I wrote)

thank you so far you have been very helpful

now unfortunately the only suit i plan to wear is the chinese stealtth armor, and the only CBBE compatible body of the suit mesh is available in this mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/69949?tab=description

the chinese stealth suit is not available in your mod

the issue is, this modder added in mothership ZETA.esm from fallout 3 cause the mod also alters suit from TTW mod

the game refused to start without the zeta master file

do you know a good chinese stealth suit and vanillar armor conversion to CBBE files? the ones you linked at the first page don't have it, unless i'm missing something?

1 hour ago, Xenvaleek said:

thank you so far you have been very helpful

now unfortunately the only suit i plan to wear is the chinese stealtth armor, and the only CBBE compatible body of the suit mesh is available in this mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/69949?tab=description

the chinese stealth suit is not available in your mod

the issue is, this modder added in mothership ZETA.esm from fallout 3 cause the mod also alters suit from TTW mod

the game refused to start without the zeta master file

do you know a good chinese stealth suit and vanillar armor conversion to CBBE files? the ones you linked at the first page don't have it, unless i'm missing something?

No unfortunately I didn't track down all the conversions but the other thread where you wrote is the place where you can probably find something like that.

Regarding the master (EDIT: master = esm file), I took a look at that link on nexus: in the posts, the modder clearly states that you need to activate the esp only if you're using TTW. So, if you're using NV, you can just not use the esp. The esp is what requires the esm and doesn't allow your game to start, but an esp is generally a change in records, you probably don't need to change any records if you only want an armor replacer.

Said that, so many years have passed and for the life of me I can't remember if NV has a stealth suit... if it has not, then ok you'd need an esp...

Edited by A.J.
11 hours ago, A.J. said:

Said that, so many years have passed and for the life of me I can't remember if NV has a stealth suit... if it has not, then ok you'd need an esp...

There is. It's on Hoover Dam. I don't remember the exact room, but it's a room full of wooden crates.

6 hours ago, Svartr564 said:

@XenvaleekChineseStealth.osp Here's a conversion of the chinese stealth suit. It's supposed to be 100% Vanilla New Vegas compatible. Try it and let me know.

hey uhhh funny thing I cheated the ESM by making a copy of a random non heavy script and renaming it Zeta.esm so now I can play the game, didint had time to check the suit you made sorry :C but where do I put that osp if my friend ask? the path file i mean