[FONV] CBBE - Bodyslide port alpha - UPDATE 18 mar 2018

55 minutes ago, kyleblahblah00 said:

Does anyone know where the loosefiles are? Nude body works fine but the armors are a mess...

When you generate an armor in bodyslide, it will tell you the path of the file too. They are not all in the same path, they follow the vanilla path, most of them are under data\meshes\armors, inside subfolders with the name of the armor / cloth. The female outfit often is called outfitf.nif but it can have other names too.

5 hours ago, Acies33 said:

Me encantan los gatos y los tigres? siempre los uso de avatar.

The mesh "breaks" when I open and save it on Nifskope (those meshes I sent will break if you do that). The problem about correcting the issue from the source file is that it loses the ability to bodyshape, I don't care that much about it but I'm planning on releasing those outfits, and I know people like to shape them to whatever they want. But if I keep getting trouble I will just release the outfits for type3, or release two versions, the broken bodyslide one (with a warning, of course, and instructions in how to fix) and the working one.

A mi tambien, y ese gato me hace sonreir, es un piloto tan serio! ? ? ?

I just tried to open an outfit, not doing anything and just save it, it didn't break for me. One thing I can say on nifskope, it never messed with things unless it was me doing a mistake. So my first guess is it's doing something on its own with the mesh: could it be you have the "Auto Sanitize before save" option checked? It's the only thing I could think about.

Other than that, it could be some different version compared to mine: could you please go on Nifskope - Help - About and check version? mine's 2.0.dev6 rev 1d9d0d6

I am having trouble getting this to function and I think I'm just missing something small so hopefully someone will be willing to help...

I am struggling to get the textures on the body to work. I have gone through the steps 3 times as carefully as possible. I downloaded BS, then download the "port package" - installed with vortex, downloaded and installed the two applejam skeletons again with vortex...Then I ran BS thru vortex after setting the path to FONV, changed the BS settings to the correct skeleton, and then batch built the body (unchecking CBBE HH of course!).

I have tried the suggestions with the instructions to activate/deactivate the archive invalidation multiple times. I have checked that I have the correct textures and I do. In BS the body appears perfectly but in game the body appears with that strange "denim" looking texture over the belly and  (i think) a belly button acting like a third nipple. I saw two other posts with the exact issue but they solved their's (on pages 1 & 3). 

So my guess is that somehow I have the textures in the wrong place  - "data/textures/character/female/.dds files". 

I also noticed that when I build the body that the .nif skeleton file goes to "data/meshes/characters/_male/femaleupperbody.nif"    maybe this is a problem?

I don't have any other texture or graphic mods active or installed-just NVSE, UIO, JIP, and NVSR. This is a fresh install of FONV. 

5 hours ago, northcoaster76 said:

I am having trouble getting this to function and I think I'm just missing something small so hopefully someone will be willing to help...

I am struggling to get the textures on the body to work. I have gone through the steps 3 times as carefully as possible. I downloaded BS, then download the "port package" - installed with vortex, downloaded and installed the two applejam skeletons again with vortex...Then I ran BS thru vortex after setting the path to FONV, changed the BS settings to the correct skeleton, and then batch built the body (unchecking CBBE HH of course!).

I have tried the suggestions with the instructions to activate/deactivate the archive invalidation multiple times. I have checked that I have the correct textures and I do. In BS the body appears perfectly but in game the body appears with that strange "denim" looking texture over the belly and  (i think) a belly button acting like a third nipple. I saw two other posts with the exact issue but they solved their's (on pages 1 & 3). 

So my guess is that somehow I have the textures in the wrong place  - "data/textures/character/female/.dds files". 

I also noticed that when I build the body that the .nif skeleton file goes to "data/meshes/characters/_male/femaleupperbody.nif"    maybe this is a problem?

I don't have any other texture or graphic mods active or installed-just NVSE, UIO, JIP, and NVSR. This is a fresh install of FONV. 

Hello. There's only few reasons why the body texture wouldn't work: wrong path, custom race, archive invalidation. The second can't be, since you're using a brand new install so you're using a vanilla race. But about the first and the third... I wouldn't know how to check it with you, because I never used Vortex.

I write the paths again so we could double check:

- Fallout New Vegas\Data\textures\characters\female\upperbodyfemale.dds is the body texture

- Fallout New Vegas\Data\meshes\characters\_male one is the folder of the body mesh (femaleupperbody.nif) and the skeleton

What I can't really check is - is Vortex really putting files in there? if you can really be sure of it, then we can discard this possibility too.

It would remain the archive invalidation thing, is it really working? is it really invalidating older files? maybe installing another texture mod with loose files, some random mod, could be a good way to understand it - if this works, then it is invalidating.

54 minutes ago, northcoaster76 said:

I actually deleted my FONV install again last night and I also got rid of vortex. I used MO in the past so I just will refamiliarize myself with that and use it instead. 

Will follow up later today once I get things downloaded and installed again. Thanks!

So now I'm not sure if I'm more or less confused. 

Didn't bother with MO for this just went for a manual install...

1. Installed BS in my data folder

2. Downloaded port and extracted the "textures" and "tools" folders into my FONV data folder

3. Downloaded the two skeletons but I think i'm a bit confused about where to extract them.

3A. I extracted "Apple Jam Skeleton 07-01-2018 Bodyslide.zip" into "Data/Tools/Bodyslide/res"

3B. Then I extracted "Apple Jam Skeleton 07-01-2018.zip" into "Data/Meshes/character"

4. Ran BodySlide, changed path to the skeleton in step 3A. All outfits appeared and the CBBE body with the presets. The preview shows exactly what you'd expect with all of the different body presets. I opened Outfit Studio and started a new project > reference shape is skeleton from 3A > selected outfit > it shows up fine. I right clicked CBBE from the list in the upper right > properties > textures > diffuse: textures/character/female/upperbodyfemale.dds 

normal: textures/character/female/upperbodyfemale_n.dds

Checked to make sure my paths are the same as yours:

I have this path correct: Fallout New Vegas\Data\textures\characters\female\upperbodyfemale.dds

Then Fallout New Vegas\Data\meshes\character\_male which has femaleupperbody.nif, skeleton.nif, and skeletonORIG.nif

Hopefully the error that I'm making is obvious to someone because it has beaten me. 

4 hours ago, northcoaster76 said:

So now I'm not sure if I'm more or less confused. 

Didn't bother with MO for this just went for a manual install...

1. Installed BS in my data folder

2. Downloaded port and extracted the "textures" and "tools" folders into my FONV data folder

3. Downloaded the two skeletons but I think i'm a bit confused about where to extract them.

3A. I extracted "Apple Jam Skeleton 07-01-2018 Bodyslide.zip" into "Data/Tools/Bodyslide/res"

3B. Then I extracted "Apple Jam Skeleton 07-01-2018.zip" into "Data/Meshes/character"

4. Ran BodySlide, changed path to the skeleton in step 3A. All outfits appeared and the CBBE body with the presets. The preview shows exactly what you'd expect with all of the different body presets. I opened Outfit Studio and started a new project > reference shape is skeleton from 3A > selected outfit > it shows up fine. I right clicked CBBE from the list in the upper right > properties > textures > diffuse: textures/character/female/upperbodyfemale.dds 

normal: textures/character/female/upperbodyfemale_n.dds

Checked to make sure my paths are the same as yours:

I have this path correct: Fallout New Vegas\Data\textures\characters\female\upperbodyfemale.dds

Then Fallout New Vegas\Data\meshes\character\_male which has femaleupperbody.nif, skeleton.nif, and skeletonORIG.nif

Hopefully the error that I'm making is obvious to someone because it has beaten me. 

And? the naked body doesn't work but the outfits works? or nothing works?

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

And? the naked body doesn't work but the outfits works? or nothing works?

The naked body and the outfits both work correctly in BodySlide and OS. Once I launch the game the naked body texture is wrong - it appears the same as in the post by "psychoaddiction" on page 1 of this thread.

So somehow the game isn't loading the right texture. Perhaps there is a DLC that is overwriting it? Is that even a possibility? I'm a novice haha

So body and outfits work in BS but only the outfits work in game. 

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

If you have no other mods, I'm a bit at a loss. But... could it be that you need to set bInvalidateOlderFiles to 1?

I am too. In my FONV fallout_default.ini bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 so thats not it unless I need to make a custom ini for this to work? 

I have no other mods except NVSE and whats necessary to get this working - bs, skeletons, cbbe...

Perhaps walk me through the installation process again. It just feels like there is something small that I've missed or misplaced since it ALMOST works. 

Its Fallout NV Ultimate Edition, is it possible that has something to do with it, a minor change somewhere?

I'd exclude that the Ultimate Edition is the problem. Still I could expect anything from them after what happened with NV :) (i.e. games from different languages are also different, causing problems with some mods, then they though we had azerty keyboard and instead we have qwerty, etc.etc.)

I messaged KoolHndLuke to ask for his help, let's see if we can at least reduce the language barrier's difficulties

51 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I'd exclude that the Ultimate Edition is the problem. Still I could expect anything from them after what happened with NV :) (i.e. games from different languages are also different, causing problems with some mods, then they though we had azerty keyboard and instead we have qwerty, etc.etc.)

I messaged KoolHndLuke to ask for his help, let's see if we can at least reduce the language barrier's difficulties

I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT! 

And it was a stupid mistake just like I suspected it to be! Anyway, when i first tried this mod I was attempting to use Vortex and using its Archive Invalidation function which wasn't working properly (don't know why). After I did my fresh install and went through the installation process manually I completely forgot about the Archive Invalidation still needing to be done < heres the mistake. So now that I've done that with the assistance of this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/52402/?tab=files it functions as it should! 

Thank you for spending the time trying to help me out and sorry for that just with a a dumb mistake on my part! 

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

Good work! This also helps to confirm once more that most of the troubles come from AI. If only I had an easy way to let people test if AI is working properly, like a console command...

Maybe include a link to the mod I used in the instructions for those following a manual install...

and then maybe those who got it to function using MO, NMM, FOMM, or Vortex can contribute some directions.

Wish I could help more but I'm already beyond my skill set! 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Then maybe you should contribute some time and help do some conversions or something. It's not like you're entitled or anything. Read some of the earlier posts and figure things out.

Being directed to how to convert was all I wanted/needed. Thanks. Sounding entitled was not my intent, as I just wanted a redirect to converting the body. The quote is somewhere....

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 12:36 PM, daedal said:

is there a full vanilla skimpy armor conversion or am i better off using another body?

A few people have said they were working on mod armor/clothing. But I haven't seen anything yet. I got stuck with some of the armor conversions due to problems with the nifs or something. I don't know how to fix them and I kinda left it for her to try and solve. Perhaps we were both hoping other people would continue to work on other conversions for mods and stuff. It isn't happening so far.....