Is Anyone Using the Creation Club?

Ernest Lemmingway

Using the Creation Club  

583 members have voted

1. 1. Have you used Bethesda's Creation Club?

• Yes, I've paid for mods from it or downloaded free mods from it.
    • No, I've never used it.
    • What's this "Creation Club?"

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the stuff included has been moderately interesting, but it isn't worth putting up with game updates potentially breaking inactive mods if Bethesda isn't going to delegate any noteworthy resources of their own to updating their games with real bug-fixes or new content. Skyrim hasn't had this issue (not nearly as badly anyway), but I swear they are updating Fallout 4 every other month and every time mods need to be updated for it.

As for have I used it, while I'm not about to give them any money, if they're offering something for free I will take full advantage. If they're going to inconvenience me with this nonsense than I'm going to snatch every silver lining I can.

Never used any CC content. No matter what anyone says, no matter how Bethesda and their fanboys try to spin it, it's "Paid Mods Part Deux."

It is 100% aimed at console users and is a huge negative for us PC players because it breaks our games (e.g. SKSE64, HDT-SMP, other dll-based mods) every time they release a new game version even though they lied and said they wouldn't release any more core-game files to support CC.

One of the most satisfying experiences I've had in Skyrim (SSE) was to blow up Zenimax as their marketing minion kept spewing lie after lie about CC, in dialogs taken directly from Bethesda marketing hype. :classic_biggrin: This experience and more (e.g. blowing up the Thalmor Embassy and killing that snotty bitch Elenwen) are courtesy of the stunningly-great Outlaws & Revolutionaries mod.

Just as I will never willingly put Windows 10 on any machine I own, I will never buy anything from CC because I strenuously object to paid mods.

2 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Why does everyone hate Win 10?

"How do I loathe thee... let me count the ways."

1. Microsoft used deception, trickery and outright falsehoods to force Windows 10 onto gullible Windows 7 users' machines for free. Flag #1: if you have to price your product at $0.00 and then force it onto users' machines against their will, there is something seriously wrong with your product and it is extremely user-hostile.
  2. Windows 10 inflicts infantile "app gadgets" upon users instead of a serious user interface. It also does not allow users to delete those idiotic gadgets and adopt a straightforward user interface similar to that of ALL previous Windows versions.
  3. Windows 10 does not allow users to delete or even permanently disable "Cortana." I had to duct-tape over my mic and remove my microphone driver out of fears my Windows 10 machine was recording my household conversations and "phoning home" about them periodically. Windows 10 is CONSTANTLY phoning home about something, and it tells me NOTHING about who it's connecting to or why. I am not able to find out why Windows 10 is constantly running my internet connection when I have not told it to do anything that would require an internet connection, am not using any "cloud services" or online backups that would justify random unknown internet data exchanges, and in many cases it sends/receives data when I have not told it to do anything for 15 minutes- it just spontaneously connects to something secret and neither Task Manager nor "what's my computer doing" can find out who, what or why.
  4. Windows 10 does not allow users to control and/or select which "updates" we want and reject those that are simply bloatware, such as new fonts to support Unintelligibberish languages spoken by 3 people in a mud hut somewhere in Botswana or the Amazon basin.
  5. Several Windows 10 "updates" have been buggy beyond belief, completely disabling some or all functions on the computers. Microsoft never publicizes or even admits that it released a buggy update, and it sometimes takes weeks for them to fix it and push another update. This is the price WE pay (not Microsoft) for their incompetence and arrogance.
  6. Windows 10 does not allow most of the bloatware it contains to be uninstalled or permanently disabled. I spent 6 hours researching how to get rid of Cortana, finally got rid of her with the aid of 3rd-party software registry hacks. But when I turned the Cortana-free machine on the following morning, it reinstalled Cortana before I got back to it from getting my morning coffee. In other words, Microsoft couldn't care less what their customers want- with Windows 10, they own the software, the machine you paid for, and in their mind, you. Their hubris and arrogance knows no bounds.
  7. Windows 10 makes it difficult to select Firefox or any other competitive browser as the default browser, and once you have done so it begins spamming you with nags and outright ads letting you know how much better Edge is than the crapware you're using and how much happier you would be if you switched back to Bing as your default search engine.
  8. Windows 10 continually spams you with ads and "notices" about crap you never heard of or have any interest in. Some of these notices and ads will actually throw you to the desktop from your full-screen MMO, killing you instantly and removing you from the raid.

Seriously, I guess it all boils down to this: Microsoft wants to sell Windows as a service (a monthly subscription) and to do that they must take control of every Windows installation in the world- they can't support 1,250,000,000 different Windows installations, so they have to make them all the same. For all users, this means they must sit passively by as Microsoft usurps control over their own machines AND uses up half of their computer's resources and bandwidth on crapware and bloatware that only a few users can or will ever use. Windows 10 is the first step in their Machiavellian scheme to seize control of Windows machines away from their owners so they can establish their operating system as a subscription service. Oh, and they commit all of this arrogance and seizure of user control WHILE WE ARE PAYING THEM TO DO IT.

I'm going to Linux when Windows 7 reaches EOL in 18 months.

8 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Why does everyone hate Win 10?

free market economy in the USA, that I do not laugh!
Microsoft gives the way in front, only House own programs are allowed.
every kind of competition becomes eliminated!
I tried to install an external Flash Player, but Windows10 does not recognize the nasty foreign program.
other operating system developers do not stand a chance. :classic_wink:

5 hours ago, Vyxenne said:
Spoiler

"How do I loathe thee... let me count the ways."

1. Microsoft used deception, trickery and outright falsehoods to force Windows 10 onto gullible Windows 7 users' machines for free. Flag #1: if you have to price your product at $0.00 and then force it onto users' machines against their will, there is something seriously wrong with your product and it is extremely user-hostile.
  2. Windows 10 inflicts infantile "app gadgets" upon users instead of a serious user interface. It also does not allow users to delete those idiotic gadgets and adopt a straightforward user interface similar to that of ALL previous Windows versions.
  3. Windows 10 does not allow users to delete or even permanently disable "Cortana." I had to duct-tape over my mic and remove my microphone driver out of fears my Windows 10 machine was recording my household conversations and "phoning home" about them periodically. Windows 10 is CONSTANTLY phoning home about something, and it tells me NOTHING about who it's connecting to or why. I am not able to find out why Windows 10 is constantly running my internet connection when I have not told it to do anything that would require an internet connection, am not using any "cloud services" or online backups that would justify random unknown internet data exchanges, and in many cases it sends/receives data when I have not told it to do anything for 15 minutes- it just spontaneously connects to something secret and neither Task Manager nor "what's my computer doing" can find out who, what or why.
  4. Windows 10 does not allow users to control and/or select which "updates" we want and reject those that are simply bloatware, such as new fonts to support Unintelligibberish languages spoken by 3 people in a mud hut somewhere in Botswana or the Amazon basin.
  5. Several Windows 10 "updates" have been buggy beyond belief, completely disabling some or all functions on the computers. Microsoft never publicizes or even admits that it released a buggy update, and it sometimes takes weeks for them to fix it and push another update. This is the price WE pay (not Microsoft) for their incompetence and arrogance.
  6. Windows 10 does not allow most of the bloatware it contains to be uninstalled or permanently disabled. I spent 6 hours researching how to get rid of Cortana, finally got rid of her with the aid of 3rd-party software registry hacks. But when I turned the Cortana-free machine on the following morning, it reinstalled Cortana before I got back to it from getting my morning coffee. In other words, Microsoft couldn't care less what their customers want- with Windows 10, they own the software, the machine you paid for, and in their mind, you. Their hubris and arrogance knows no bounds.
  7. Windows 10 makes it difficult to select Firefox or any other competitive browser as the default browser, and once you have done so it begins spamming you with nags and outright ads letting you know how much better Edge is than the crapware you're using and how much happier you would be if you switched back to Bing as your default search engine.
  8. Windows 10 continually spams you with ads and "notices" about crap you never heard of or have any interest in. Some of these notices and ads will actually throw you to the desktop from your full-screen MMO, killing you instantly and removing you from the raid.

Seriously, I guess it all boils down to this: Microsoft wants to sell Windows as a service (a monthly subscription) and to do that they must take control of every Windows installation in the world- they can't support 1,250,000,000 different Windows installations, so they have to make them all the same. For all users, this means they must sit passively by as Microsoft usurps control over their own machines AND uses up half of their computer's resources and bandwidth on crapware and bloatware that only a few users can or will ever use. Windows 10 is the first step in their Machiavellian scheme to seize control of Windows machines away from their owners so they can establish their operating system as a subscription service. Oh, and they commit all of this arrogance and seizure of user control WHILE WE ARE PAYING THEM TO DO IT.

I'm going to Linux when Windows 7 reaches EOL in 18 months.

Alleged Windows 10 update: criminals distribute malware

sorry in German

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/germany/2015/08/03/vermeintliches-windows-10-update-kriminelle-verteilen-malware/

9 hours ago, stargatedalek said:

Some of the stuff included has been moderately interesting, but it isn't worth putting up with game updates potentially breaking inactive mods if Bethesda isn't going to delegate any noteworthy resources of their own to updating their games with real bug-fixes or new content. Skyrim hasn't had this issue (not nearly as badly anyway), but I swear they are updating Fallout 4 every other month and every time mods need to be updated for it.

As for have I used it, while I'm not about to give them any money, if they're offering something for free I will take full advantage. If they're going to inconvenience me with this nonsense than I'm going to snatch every silver lining I can.

Monthly updates? No wonder FO4 modding is moving at a snail's pace. Maybe that's why my local Super Wal-Mart is still trying to sell the exact same copies of FO4 and has been for over half a year now. Or it could be that they've still got them marked at $49.99. Who wants to play a Beth game that you can't reliably mod? :classic_tongue:

For that matter, I've had to hit my local Best Buy several times over the summer and they're still trying to sell copies of SSE for both console and PC. At a 33% discount. Needless to say, they're not selling.

I wonder how long it will be before Zenimax's Marketing Minion finally admits that the CC is killing sales? He and "God" Howard will probably bankrupt the company before then.

3 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

Ernest, sorry to be devil's advocate here but they just don't care about PC gamers anymore, they are only concerned with console gamers who don't like the idea of messing with TESedit/LOOT/etc. Console gamers will, more than likely, buy the next Beth game (TES/FO) without any cares if it supports modding or not. 

I've said all that before myself. I'm just interested in knowing whether they've finally just dropped the pretense and formally announced they're making console games exclusively. Or--and this is a long shot--they finally admit that PC gamers are what keep them afloat when they don't release any major products for years at a time.

On 8/27/2018 at 6:53 PM, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I've said all that before myself. I'm just interested in knowing whether they've finally just dropped the pretense and formally announced they're making console games exclusively. Or--and this is a long shot--they finally admit that PC gamers are what keep them afloat when they don't release any major products for years at a time.

I doubt they give a toss about pc gamers now, we've served our purpose I guess.

I do hate ingratitude but that's the way of the world now, particularly with anything tech.

1 minute ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

And these people still rage all over twitter about how grand the creation club is and how it's nice to be part of something worthwhile.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have to say positive things. The Marketing Minion probably had them sign their contracts in blood.

Or those modders--especially Arthmoor!--are just that full of themselves.

2 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they have to say positive things. The Marketing Minion probably had them sign their contracts in blood.

Probably, though I still see Eli's overly enthusiastic fangirl squeals when bethsoft announced...well, bugger all really. It haunts my dreams, no ammount of rum has yet blocked it out, and trust me, I have a fucking lot o' rum. That was the face of a woman who's sold her soul for koolaid.

's sorta terrifying really.

11 minutes ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

They have Elianora, Arthmoor, Trainwiz, gods know how many others.

And they give us...a goat?

And these people still rage all over twitter about how grand the creation club is and how it's nice to be part of something worthwhile.

Goat sex.  Just putting that out. ?

1 hour ago, Celedhring said:

Goat sex.  Just putting that out. ?

1 hour ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

Billy and Madmansgun are far ahead o' them.

and ain't charged me five septims for the pleasure. :D

thinking at 5:56 in video: "hello, i'm MadMansGun and i'm here to tell you about Hentai Creatures..."

20 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

thinking at 5:56 in video: "hello, i'm MadMansGun and i'm here to tell you about Hentai Creatures..."

"The same animals, for free, with more "Utility""

2 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

The truth of the matter is that we are all using Creation Club whether we want to or not via these little updates that BGS makes every once in a Blood Moon.

Save for those o' us that looked at SE and thought "Hell naw, I don't wanna go back to 2011 graphics D:"

They can't fuck me if'n I don't "upgrade".

image.png

Archived