On 10/26/2023 at 10:51 PM, vaultbait said:

Β 

I don't remember those problems in RC8, but is there a reason you're not using RC9? It includes a lot of more recent bug fixes.

Β 

I uh wasn't using rc9 because I didn't know it existed, thanks for linking, I'm not really accustomed to this forum so navigating is a bit hard.

5 minutes ago, sothkorra said:

Β 

I uh wasn't using rc9 because I didn't know it existed, thanks for linking, I'm not really accustomed to this forum so navigating is a bit hard.

Β 

To be fair, it's confusing because community members are collaborating on proposing a new version of the mod in hopes that the original author will eventually replace the one on the download page, at which point it would become waaaay more discoverable. In the meantime, updates have been buried as attachments to comments on a 200+ page long support topic. The effort to get there has been dragging on for a couple of years longer than I think any of us expected.

4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Β 

To be fair, it's confusing because community members are collaborating on proposing a new version of the mod in hopes that the original author will eventually replace the one on the download page, at which point it would become waaaay more discoverable. In the meantime, updates have been buried as attachments to comments on a 200+ page long support topic. The effort to get there has been dragging on for a couple of years longer than I think any of us expected.

Β 

Yes I almost wish it were a new thread, quite a lot here is a hunt as is. In either case I had no issue with the sound files in either versions so far... although I was confused with how to get the ground models for rc9 working from the KO mod.Β 

6 hours ago, Jimi123 said:

Quick question : Bodyslide files arent there for rc9/rc8 So i dont need them for CBBE body ? or does i have to use both normal dd2.0 + rc9 ?Β 

They're there. Just build the outfits like normal.

IF you're not seeing you favorite "preset" then you need to add DD to it's groups. Easy way, Save As, assign groups....

I don't have the struggling animations any longer (when manually trying to escape).

Β 

When trying to escape from the restraints, I just have the popup describing my attempt, then, the one indicating success or failure, but the animations themselves don't work anymore, is that normal ?

Β 

Also, the arms of my character are clipping through armbinders... what is strange is that it only started recently, but I didn't change anything since the last time, besides AAF (from 1.6.1 to 1.7.1)

Edited by Naraku02
10 hours ago, Naraku02 said:

When trying to escape from the restraints, I just have the popup describing my attempt, then, the one indicating success or failure, but the animations themselves don't work anymore, is that normal ?

Only on Skyrim DD are animations, in Fallout 4 not

10 hours ago, Naraku02 said:

Also, the arms of my character are clipping through armbinders... what is strange is that it only started recently, but I didn't change anything since the last time, besides AAF

If you have version RC9 you need install latest TD and arms animation fix from here:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/68652-torturedevices/?do=findComment&comment=3765748

UPD: And build fixed armbinder bodyslide file.

Edited by Elsidia
5 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Only on Skyrim DD are animations, in Fallout 4 not

If you have version RC9 you need install latest TD and arms animation fix from here:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/68652-torturedevices/?do=findComment&comment=3765748

UPD: And build fixed armbinder bodyslide file.

Β 

Β 

That's weird... I'm remembering my character struggling during escapes attemps some months ago... Maybe it was just one of the ties animations launching itself at the right moment... Talk about a coincidence 0-0

Β 

Thank you :), I will do it the instant i'm home safe (damn storm...)

39 minutes ago, Naraku02 said:

I'm remembering my character struggling during escapes attemps some months ago.

Β 

Maybe you're remembering restraints from Real Handcuffs. It does have a struggle animation.

So while i still try to work on Devious devices so there is question.

Β 

PreHistory: I start my scripting career as studying about 1,5 year Devious devices 2.0 mod.

So in my private game i already made own modifications and this modification was one from list, so it will not so hard.

Only thing i have idea how it made more universal.

Β 

Now question: Is it necessary to made struggle animations? In Skyrim this thing get fast boring even with good animations.

As for Fallout 4 there no struggle animations so it will be rare event. For straitjackets armbinders and possible yoke can use original armbinder struggle animation. So this is all. Also, if i remember correct, there is struggle animation for hand restraints. If i'm correct, it can be use for handcuffs.

As you think is it need to made?

Something I wished would get utilized in this mod is that when you get collared I can see the person who collared me holding the shock trigger in their hands, but if we enter combat, they give up the trigger and revert to their weapon.Β  How much cooler would it be if they persistently shocked you during combat forcing you to flee rather than fight them?

Β 

If anyone knows a way to make it so this is how the shock trigger works, I'd love to implement it!

3 hours ago, TrainWrecker5 said:

Something I wished would get utilized in this mod is that when you get collared I can see the person who collared me holding the shock trigger in their hands, but if we enter combat, they give up the trigger and revert to their weapon.Β  How much cooler would it be if they persistently shocked you during combat forcing you to flee rather than fight them?

Β 

If anyone knows a way to make it so this is how the shock trigger works, I'd love to implement it!

Β 

DD doesn't have shock collars with handheld triggers. You're confusing it with Real Handcuffs.

Ok- less a problem with the mod itself, more so with bodyslide but, for some reason it's not giving me any option to actually select them to be built in the batch build menu, nor individual building, any way to fix this?

Β 

Β 

Second issue: during the Vault 111 segment, if you take even a single hit from a roach after getting your cuffs off, when you get the dress off it will automatically send you into surrender state, even with god mode on, any chance this gets patched?

28 minutes ago, ashlynator3537 said:

Ok- less a problem with the mod itself, more so with bodyslide but, for some reason it's not giving me any option to actually select them to be built in the batch build menu, nor individual building, any way to fix this?

Β 

Β 

Second issue: during the Vault 111 segment, if you take even a single hit from a roach after getting your cuffs off, when you get the dress off it will automatically send you into surrender state, even with god mode on, any chance this gets patched?

The bodyslide issue... reinstall the mod. You're simply missing the files, of if you can't build anything, it's a setup issue.

Trash the original DD 2.0 I mean completely... and install RC9

Theeen build the items in bodyslide.

Β 

Second issue: That is a DCW issue, and to fix it copy & paste the following console command to turn combat surrender off. You must do this BEFORE entering the Vault.

set dcw_enableCombatSurrender to 0

You can also use xEdit to permanently turn it off.
It's located in Global, just change it from 1 to 0.

8 hours ago, ashlynator3537 said:

Β 

another option isΒ 

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5855-deviously-cursed-menu/

but as stated above you must turn off combat surrender before going into the vault.

Β 

Β I would like to recommend that someone active here set up a new fallout 4 file download page which:

I am tempted to do this myself, but I think I am not insightful enough, I am not even currently running a DD equipped game. (But I am thinking about it, and the chase after random bits of information made me realize that other people likely have the same problems.)

Β 

It's also tempting to only link to the most recent RC instance, but I think there's going to be people out there using something which breaks, maybe in a version-dependent way, so having older "releases" to test against could relieve some frustration. (But maybe older stuff should be displayed less prominently - spoiler tags, maybe.)

Β 

Then again... I am "volunteering" someone else's time. Which might be bad/rude/abusive. So... if no one else steps up (and no one explains to me why this is a Really Stupid Idea), I might eventually set up a download page like this myself.

14 minutes ago, sen4mi said:

and maybe links to supporting mods (dcw, dd slave heels,Β ...)

Β 

...ground objects (at least until that gets included in RC10), BodySlide conversions, enchantings RC patches...

Β 

Not sure Slave Heels is important to mention as it's been included directly in the RC versions pretty much since day 1.